Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Andrew Ference: Beyond The Puck

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 mabrowndog

• Ask me about total zone...or paint

• 37174 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

The NatGeo channel has launched a new web-based series highlighting how Ference has embraced an eco-friendly lifestyle.

Beyond The Puck

Posted Image

Andrew Ference, an eco-warrior and NHL hockey player, offers a rare glimpse into his sustainable lifestyle in the new ten-episode Web series Beyond the Puck.

But he is not your typical hockey player. Andrew's an environmental activist, a Stanley Cup champion, the husband of a former professional snowboarder, and father of two girls. He rides his bike to “work” and doesn’t mind being called a tree hugger. He’s just as comfortable checking opponents on the ice as he is teaching kids about composting in elementary schools.

Inspired by his friend, environmentalist David Suzuki, Andrew has embraced an eco-friendly way of life at home and on the road. He’s achieved the ultimate victory in hockey—winning the Stanley Cup—and is ready take on the challenge of inspiring others to care about the planet.

Here's the trailer:

Episode Guide

Looks like it's merely a bunch of short YouTube clips, with a new one posted each Thursday. Here's episode #1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M06Gfwy3zgU

Edited by mabrowndog, 18 February 2012 - 10:38 AM.

#2 mabrowndog

• 37174 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

More trailers:

#3 mabrowndog

• 37174 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

One more:

#4 SidelineCameras

• 894 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:39 AM

Tim Thomas will not be watching this documentary.