Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Jet Blue Park

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 ToeKneeArmAss

• Paul Byrd's pitching coach

• 2240 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

Nice pic from Cheri of the LF wall at the new ST stadium - thought you all might want to see it.

(She's been hanging with SJH at Fantasy Camp all week.)

Posted Image

#2 Freddy Linn

• SoSH Member

• 5988 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

So that scoreboard sat in Fenway for 30 years...

#3 staz

• Intangible

• 4558 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

MLB Network just had a few shots from inside The Jet... very nice. Is that a concourse over the mini monster seats?

#4 ichirob4ichiro

• 1631 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

Is there something in front of those seats, like a net/window, on the monster? Looks to be in play.

#5 Clears Cleaver

• SoSH Member

• 8223 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

there is a net in front and balls hitting it will be in play. Expect a lot of crazy bounces out there as there are metal beams and lots of edges

#6 Doctor G

• 1870 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

Is there something in front of those seats, like a net/window, on the monster? Looks to be in play.

There is a net in front of the left field seats. Will be interested to see how the bounces play.

#7 PrometheusWakefield

• SoSH Member

• 6522 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

I'm thinking about flying down to Florida for spring training this year. I wonder where I can find some reasonably priced tickets, preferably with in flight entertainment options.

#8 Smiling Joe Hesketh

• now batting steve sal hiney. the leftfielder, hiney

• 25335 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

Nice pic from Cheri of the LF wall at the new ST stadium - thought you all might want to see it.

(She's been hanging with SJH at Fantasy Camp all week.)

Posted Image

Ha! That's me in the green shirt, vaguely waving towards the camera.

The field is beautiful. They did a terrific job in putting up the whole complex.

#9 Lose Remerswaal

• Leaves after the 8th inning

• 22149 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

Cross posted from the Spring Training pix thread.

This makes me angry

#10 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30160 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

Cubs fan buys jetbluepark.com - much to Red Sox Nation's dismay

As of Tuesday afternoon, typing jetbluepark.com into a Web browser resulted in the New York Yankees homepage being unfurled onto the screen.
“It does?” said Sam Kennedy, executive vice president and chief operating officer of the Boston Red Sox, when told Tuesday afternoon. Kennedy then watched as Red Sox senior adviser Charlie Steinberg typed jetbluepark.com onto his phone. “We’re going to have to look into that.”

Last March 29, when Lee County and the Red Sox announced JetBlue Airways Corp. would purchase the naming rights for the new complex, Engelman saw the story while watching the eveningnews.
The next day, Engelman said he opened his wife’s godaddy.com account and saw that jetbluepark.com, the domain name, was for sale.
Engelman bought it. He said he paid $8.
“I just thought it would be fun to have,” Engelman said.
Kennedy smiled when informed of Engelman’s actions.
“Have him call me,” Kennedy said. “We can make a deal. Or maybe we can make a deal.”

#11 Titoschew

• 2842 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

So, the website naming compensation is probably due about June 20th by my calendar.

#12 Lose Remerswaal

• Leaves after the 8th inning

• 22149 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

So, the website naming compensation is probably due about June 20th by my calendar.

And it's going to be a calendar.

From 2008

#13 canderson

• SoSH Member

• 7610 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

That's pretty awesome, actually.

Edit: both the park itself and the link sabotage.

Edited by canderson, 22 February 2012 - 10:44 AM.

#14 Dave Stapleton

• Just A Member

• 5255 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

That's pretty awesome, actually.

Edit: both the park itself and the link sabotage.

Problem is that it's a trademark so he should take whatever he can get. Otherwise, he will end up losing it anyway.

#15 tims4wins

• PN23's replacement

• 6585 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

The Monster is 3 feet too high! OH NO!

#16 dynomite

• 4425 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

Tear it down and start again!

#17 fenwaypaul

• 3085 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:43 AM

Nah, they just need to raise the playing surface three feet. And if they don't want to spring for 10,000 yards of fill, they can cheat by installing a three-foot Duffy's Cliff.

#18 tims4wins

• PN23's replacement

• 6585 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

Random observation/question: why do the Sox sit in the 3rd base dugout in Jet Blue when they sit in the 1st base dugout in Fenway?

#19 sittingstill

• 1306 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

The clubhouse in the new park is on the third base side, so it would have required a much more complicated tunnel to get players to the dugout if they were on the first base side.

#20 E5 Yaz

• Transcends message boarding

• 24577 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

The clubhouse in the new park is on the third base side, so it would have required a much more complicated tunnel to get players to the dugout if they were on the first base side.

More complicated than they showed today? You can change terminals at O'Hare easier than what they walk now

#21 kartvelo

• 3719 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

Too bad nobody thought of putting the clubhiouse in the new park on the first base side.

#22 Smiling Joe Hesketh

• now batting steve sal hiney. the leftfielder, hiney

• 25335 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

More complicated than they showed today? You can change terminals at O'Hare easier than what they walk now

I've made that walk and it's not too complicated. Down the hall, turn left, down the hall, turn right, there's the dugout.

#23 zenter

• slumdog idol

• 4658 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Considering how careful the ownership has been with stadium-related projects, I'm sort of amazed. How do these things work? Do the Sox/Fort Myers get money back from the vendor for the Blue Monster not being built to spec? (Also, if JMS was in charge, would it have happened at all?)

#24 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30160 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

Now that the minor league complex is in the same place as an actual stadium, does anyone know if the GCL team is going to play in jetBlue, or are they stuck looking at it while playing on one of the chain-link fields?

#25 mabrowndog

• Ask me about total zone...or paint

• 37150 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

Some great shots of the Retired Number Courtyard by PawSox broadcaster Aaron Goldsmith.

link