Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Boston Red Sox's Kevin Youkilis gets engaged to Tom Brady's sister?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 soxhop411

• SoSH Member

• 11,684 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

Talk about a big-name merger.

Boston Red Sox third baseman Kevin Youkilis is engaged to marry the sister of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, according to a Red Sox team source.

Youkilis first met Julie Brady at a Patriots party after the team was knocked out of the 2010 playoffs, according to the Boston Herald, which first reported the story.

She is a schoolteacher with a 5-year-old daughter and has never been married, according to the newspaper. In 2008, Youkilis had a marriage ceremony with Enza Sambataro, who had dated Ben Affleck, but the pair reportedly never filed the necessary paperwork to make the union legal. They split up two years later.

Sources tell the Herald that Youkilis was at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis to watch the Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI.

"He's really lucky," an unnamed friend of Youkilis told the Herald. "She's a really nice person, but all the Bradys are nice people."

http://espn.go.com/b...om-brady-sister

congrats to Youk!

#2 Andrew

• broke his neck in costa rica

• 9,740 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

Brady and Youk will be brother-in-laws? That's just... weird.

#3 maufman

• SoSH Member

• 13,026 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

I can think of at least three forums where this thread might belong. This isn't one of them.

#4 Brianish

• 4,351 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

I was just talking about this with some friends. We agreed, the funniest thing about the whole situation is this:

If it hasn't happened already, someday Kevin Youkilis and Giselle will be alone in the living room together, and they'll have to find something to talk about.

#5 greek_gawd_of_walks

• SoSH Member

• 5,264 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

I was just talking about this with some friends. We agreed, the funniest thing about the whole situation is this:

If it hasn't happened already, someday Kevin Youkilis and Giselle will be alone in the living room together, and they'll have to find something to talk about.

They'll talk about how beautiful they both are.

Kevin: You may be a Victoria's Secret Angel, but I'm a Greek god...

Edited by greek_gawd_of_walks, 10 February 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#6 E5 Yaz

• Transcends message boarding

• 26,805 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

Their children will be the slowest runners in school

#7 djbayko

• 147 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:14 AM

Bravo.

#8 Reggie's Racquet

• 1,934 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

Because they walk alot?

#9 Pozo the Clown

• 150 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

Youkilis had a marriage ceremony with Enza Sambataro...but the pair reportedly never filed the necessary paperwork to make the union legal.

Damn! I wish I'd thought of that! Sheer brilliance. The "bride" gets to have her special day and the "groom" is not legally bound. I've gotta try this one next time around. "Oh honey, don't you worry your pretty little head about all of the confusing paperwork. I'll take care of it."

#10 ThePlantLady

• 746 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

She looks like her brother, it reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George is dating the Jerry look-a-like.

#11 Smiling Joe Hesketh

• now batting steve sal hiney. the leftfielder, hiney

• 25,764 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

What could possibly go wrong here?

#12 OnWisc

• Pegs his jeans

• 1,249 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

What could possibly go wrong here?

Well, Youkilis could stumble over his vows and spend the following 30 seconds bashing in the pipe organ.

But then again, that could happen whether it's Brady's sister or not.

#13 Section30

• 440 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

A rather unusual take by America"s Finest News Source

http://www.theonion....rrying-s,27398/