Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Boston Bruins 2012 Trade Deadline

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
335 replies to this topic

#301 TheRealness

• Don't make him go all Lucic on your ash

• 8,305 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

Looking at those lines, and with Horton presumably out indefinitely, would Hemsky interest anybody? With him sucking and generally playing like a douchebag, I bet the market adjusts on him and he becomes available at a more reasonable price.

He's not exactly the arch-type for a Bruin, but at the right price, and if Horton is done for the year, you bite, don't you?

Edited by TheRealness, 22 February 2012 - 06:38 PM.

#302 Blacken

• Paddy Tanniger the Caddy Manager

• 8,477 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

I want no part of Hemsky. Work ethic problems and, as our PSK mentioned in reference to Riles's binky, the man won't drop his purse.

#303 PedroSpecialK

• Comes at you like a tornado of hair and the NHL salary cap

• 16,995 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

Fake Darren Dreger tweets:

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger_
Sources say the Montreal #Canadiens are having internal discussions about trading PK Subban. The #Leafs #Bruins and #Blackhawks love him.

and Chub pulls a hammy racing to pat himself on the back

Kevin Paul Dupont@GlobeKPD
Love seeing @DarrenDreger tweet that Habs finally considering a Subban trade. Said here last week: B's should go after him. Hamilton key.

Real Darren Dreger chimes in:

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger
@GlobeKPD. Not me pal. Fake account.

I, for one, am shocked that the Habs might not be considering trading their franchise player to the Bruins.

Shocked

#304 mikeford

• woolwich!

• 17,970 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

I'm fucking dying. I saw that dickweed pop up on my timeline and it took a couple seconds to piece together what happened. What a buffoon. How is this guy in the HHOF?

#305 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30,161 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

After telling reporters earlier this month he would be focused primarily on “depth” moves, Boston Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli has changed course and is trying to add an impact player before Monday’s NHL trade deadline, league sources not directly tied to the negotiations told ESPNBoston.com.

The shift in emphasis is a result of injuries to key forwards -- Nathan Horton (concussion) and Rich Peverley (knee) -- and the team’s overall lackluster play since the beginning of January (Wednesday night’s win notwithstanding), the sources indicated.

As for whether Chiarelli will be successful is another matter entirely. The market for impact forwards is thin beyond the Columbus Blue Jackets’ Rick Nash and Jeff Carter. While the Blue Jackets would be willing to part with the duo, they’d likely be looking for an elite goalie in return. For the Bruins, that means Tuukka Rask (Tim Thomas has a no movement clause in his contract), and Chiarelli isn’t about to part with the 24-year-old netminder.

http://espn.go.com/b...ut-big-addition

Soooooo... is Murphy just going for clicks here or what

Edited by SoxScout, 23 February 2012 - 05:46 PM.

#306 PedroSpecialK

• Comes at you like a tornado of hair and the NHL salary cap

• 16,995 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

Has he ever gone for anything else?

I've read some stuff about Hejduk perhaps waiving his NMC if Colorado finds a deal - really wouldn't mind seeing him here at the right price.

#307 erfus

• 1,588 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

Almost certainly IMO. There's really no less credible source that uses his actual name out there.

Chiarelli on the Sports Hub yesterday morning (I think it was yesterday) said there was 'more than one' impact player available though when asked about and avoiding the Rick Nash question. But, he noted prices were quite high across the board. I don't think anyone would think Jeff Carter is an impact player at this point.

#308 TheRealness

• 8,305 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

Has he ever gone for anything else?

I've read some stuff about Hejduk perhaps waiving his NMC if Colorado finds a deal - really wouldn't mind seeing him here at the right price.

That part of the article was good. If he's anywhere close on the price for Hemsky I wouldn't go near him, but I would deal a 2nd for Hejduk. He could really balance the lineup if Horton is out, and if Horton comes back he would still help the PP and would take Pouliot's spot.

Horton hangs over all of this. If he's going to play in the playoffs, they should just go for depth, if anything. If he's not? Chiarelli has to replace that offense.

#309 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15,697 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

When I read "league sources not directly tied to the negotiations," I automatically assume it just means that Chia, as any GM should, has had discussions with Columbus or whoever. That's the kind of thing we hear every year around this time.

Not having a 2nd probably hurts their chances on some of the available players. A 2nd (even a late one) is a pretty easy piece to trade while still having plenty of value for a seller.

#310 TOleary25

• 331 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

@TSNBobMcKenzie
BOS, BUF, EDM, NJD, NYR, PHI, TOR, VAN are amongst teams with high levels of interest in Brown. #TradeCentre #TSN

http://twitter.com/#.../tsnbobmckenzie

@DarrenDreger A quality young d-man and solid secondary scorer part of what might land Brown. He's worth it. #TradeCentre

http://twitter.com/#!/darrendreger

#311 TheShynessClinic

• SoSH's Doug Neidermeyer

• 6,138 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:22 AM

SO Boychuk or Kampfer and Caron?

DO IT CHIA

/TML fan.

Edited by TheShynessClinic, 24 February 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#312 Haunted

• The Man in the Box

• 2,165 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

Anyone follow TSH on facebook? They just posted a story about Brown. The comments after are just... just insane.

#313 TheRealness

• 8,305 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

Anyone follow TSH on facebook? They just posted a story about Brown. The comments after are just... just insane.

My favorite of the bunch, from a Mr. Tom Walsh:

NOT KAMFER! Matt, hes the best young defensive prospect we have!

And he follows up that gem with:

hamill is our best forward. Both untouchable.

#314 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 16,677 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

My favorite of the bunch, from a Mr. Tom Walsh:

And he follows up that gem with:

Well he's right. If you exclude Bergeron, Lucic, Seguin, Marchand, Horton, Krejci, Kelly, Peverley, Campbell, Thornton, Paille, and Pouliot then Hamill is the best forward of course.

#315 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15,697 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:18 PM

OOG on HF says the B's have been in significant talks with the Stars. The proposed deal is:

Balls
Caron
Cond. '13 pick (1st with SCF appearance, 2nd otherwise)

for

Souray and

Michael Ryder

#316 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3,130 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

Rydèèèèr!!

#317 Dropkick Izzy

• 3,453 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

Time for a re-vote on #73. Pants tent!

#318 Spaulding Smails

• Worth a thousand words

• 2,658 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

I do that trade in a heartbeat, I don't think many of us disagreed with letting Ryder go (myself included) but he has been having a great year and should plug in seamlessly. Kudos to Chia if he pulls this off, that would take some pride swallowing. Souray would bump Corvo to the press box, win-win.

#319 kenneycb

• Hates Goose Island Beer; Loves Backdoor Play

• 7,302 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

Brutus the Barber Beefcake would also get someone to hang out with and talk about Vince McMahon and stuff in Souray's squeeze Kelly Kelly.

#320 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30,161 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

Seems like the only reporter to comment on it has been DJ Bean, who said it was bogus.

Then again, it's DJ Bean.

#321 cshea

• SoSH Member

• 9,707 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

I'd do that, but it's really annoying that their would be giving up 2 assets for 2 guys they easily could've signed back in July.

I hope they shelve the Dallas deal until the dust settles on Brown. The Bruins may not have the NHL components the Kings want, but they have the cap space to take back a shitty contract like Penner's, If LA finds some other deal for a scorer.

#322 kenneycb

• Hates Goose Island Beer; Loves Backdoor Play

• 7,302 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

How are the pancake places in Boston?

#323 Blacken

• Paddy Tanniger the Caddy Manager

• 8,477 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

Oh my god I can't believe I'm entertaining the idea of trading a first for Michael Ryder.

The mind 8-tracks.

#324 erfus

• 1,588 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

Oh my god I can't believe I'm entertaining the idea of trading a first for Michael Ryder.

The mind 8-tracks.

Last time I heard that rumor it didn't include a 1st rounder (conditional or not). I'm not a fan of coughing up a 1st for Ryder. I'd rather they stand pat or wait til just before the deadline to see if they can pick up a rental scrap for a lower draft pick.

#325 TheShynessClinic

• SoSH's Doug Neidermeyer

• 6,138 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

Might as well bring back Wheeler too.

Lucic/Krejci/Wheeler
Marchand/Bergeron/Seguin
Ryder/Kelly/Paille
Thornton/Cambell/Hennessy

Chara/Souray
Seidenberg/Ference
McQuaid/Boychuk.

(yes...I'm kidding.)

#326 TheStoryofYourRedRightAnkle

• 4,754 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

Last time I heard that rumor it didn't include a 1st rounder (conditional or not). I'm not a fan of coughing up a 1st for Ryder. I'd rather they stand pat or wait til just before the deadline to see if they can pick up a rental scrap for a lower draft pick.

Ryder alone isn't worth a 1st, sure.

But the Bs would be coughing up the 1st for Ryder and Souray (but also coughing up Caron and Balls), plus probably relegating Corvo to the bench or trade bait. How does that strike you?

#327 Lose Remerswaal

• Leaves after the 8th inning

• 22,602 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

They talked about Ryder on 98.5 yesterday, and brought up that when the B's played Dallas this year, they asked Patrice if he was happy to see Ryder, and he was pretty much no comment on the guy. They interpreted that to mean the B's wouldn't be interested

#328 erfus

• 1,588 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

Ryder alone isn't worth a 1st, sure.

But the Bs would be coughing up the 1st for Ryder and Souray (but also coughing up Caron and Balls), plus probably relegating Corvo to the bench or trade bait. How does that strike you?

I think Souray's a throw-in at this point in his career. I don't think he's a significant upgrade over Corvo, if he's an upgrade at all. If they wanted someone to bomb shots from the point on the PP, they'd use Boychuk (in addition to Chara) more often on the 1st or 2nd unit. I don't think the defensemen on the PP are missing someone like that, I think it's missing someone that can skate and pass. A Mark Streit type of guy, who I've also heard rumors about, would make more sense IMO.

Caron and Pouliot are filler right now. There's a slight chance Caron becomes something more than that, but I don't particularly care if they are traded. At this point in his career, Caron isn't much more effective at the NHL level than any number of other grinders be they Josh Hennessy or some other random rental they could grab for a low round draft pick. Pouliot occasionally does something really impressive, but he's usually just another plugger. Nothing wrong with that, mind you.

#329 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 16,677 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

@DaleEArnold

As I thought last night, the Carter/Johnson trade could break the dam. Couple of moves today. Hearing the #Bruins might be working something

http://twitter.com/D...219392258183168

#330 veritas

• 626 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

The market seems to be fairly set at this point and I don't want any part of these prices.

Is it worth sacrificing anything significant to improve their chances of winning the cup a few percentage points? There's a lot of parity this year. The Bruins are among a large group of really solid teams and there's nothing out there that's going to really differentiate them. There's not a deal to be made that would make them the best team in the league (which doesn't usually end up winning the cup anyway). A solid 3rd liner and a bottom pair D man would be great if you could get them on the cheap and would be much more beneficial to this team right now.

What I wouldn't mind is a trade involving established players to a contending team. Something to shake things up, but overall help both teams equally. No real ideas as to what kind of deal that would be though. Who says no to Krejci + Seidenberg for Yandle and Doan? Probably both teams, but something along those lines, likely less drastic. I (and many of you) hated the Stuart/Wheeler for Peverley deal when it happened, but we all know how that turned out.

#331 j44thor

• 4,243 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

An under the radar name along the likes of a Peverly would be PA Parenteau from NYI. I don't know a lot about his game other than he appears to be a late bloomer but his 56 pts would comfortably lead the B's and he is a RW which this team desperately needs right now.

He is a UFA and the NYI have a slew of FW prospects to break in so who knows if they are looking to bring him back. Caron + a 2013 2nd perhaps? I'd be hesitant to move a Knight or Spooner for a pure rental but just about anyone else would make sense.

Cap hit is nothing so B's could pick him up and still have plenty of room for a bigger move.

#332 Tyrone Biggums

• nfl meets tri-annually at a secret country mansion in colorado,

• 3,566 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

The mind 8-tracks.

I'd rather have Cam Neely suit up than trade a 1st for Ryder of all people.

#333 Spaulding Smails

• Worth a thousand words

• 2,658 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

From LeBrun:

The Boston Bruins are still hoping to add both a forward and a defenseman. A source told ESPN.com Sunday that B’s have interest in Daniel Winnik, T.J. Galiardi and David Jones -- all three Colorado Avalanche forwards are very much in play. Winnik and Jones are UFAs July 1

#334 Tyrone Biggums

• nfl meets tri-annually at a secret country mansion in colorado,

• 3,566 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

Anyone heard any updates on Knuble? Eklund was running with something about the Bruins being interested as late as yesterday.

#335 Haunted

• The Man in the Box

• 2,165 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

In that case, we know Knuble isn't coming here.

#336 ForceAtHome

• 4,012 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

Anyone heard any updates on Knuble? Eklund was running with something about the Bruins being interested as late as yesterday.

A conversation from 10 days ago with Caps GM George McPhee: "We haven’t had any conversations about it. In fact, we haven’t had any conversations, period,” McPhee said when asked if Knuble requested a trade or if he would consider moving the veteran. “He’s a great pro, a great guy. We have no interest in trading him he hasn’t asked for that. We haven’t talked to him about it."

This article on Yahoo (posted today) suggests that Knuble is currently on the block. "Mike Knuble and Roman Hamrlik, who has a year left on his contract at $3.5 million, are available. Would renting Alex Semin be addition by subtraction?" While it would not shock me that Knuble, and especially Hamrlik, were on the block, the Semin line loses a lot of the author's credibility. Semin has actually been one of the key contributors to the struggling Caps of recent. In Semin's first 27 games: 11 points, 36 PIMs, -9. His next 31 games (and counting): 30 points, 14 PIMs, +17. He's been a PPG player who has significantly cut down on the stupid penalties for over half the season now.

I think Washington could have Knuble, Hamrlik, Schultz, and Ward available if teams are interested. I can't see them in a huge blockbuster involving (e.g.) Semin, but if they were to make a brash trade... my off-the-wall prediction would be Vokoun.