Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Boston Bruins 2012 Trade Deadline

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
335 replies to this topic

#251 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15402 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

No way would they trade both. No way.

#252 Blacken

• Paddy Tanniger the Caddy Manager

• 8288 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

Given Nash's cap hit and term relative to his production, I don't think he'll get more than one great piece back really. Kulemin's having a down year, Gustavsson's not good and burying Mason would be a net win for Toronto. I don't think they'd move Grabovski as he's the closest thing to a #1 center they have - and Colborne represents the only other potential one.

Come to think of it, maybe they were discussing Jeff Carter.

I think you're underselling Gustavsson a bit. The word seems to be that he's better than he's been given an opportunity to show.

Other than that, golf claps and handies.

#253 cshea

• SoSH Member

• 9569 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

Just curious...would people rather have Nash @ $7.8 million through 2018, or Jeff Carter @ $5.2 million though 2022?

#254 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 16250 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

My friend who has connections to the Bruins texted me the following after the game. He said the following fwiw. "They are having reservations about Rask and his mental makeup to be a #1 goalie long-term. A package of Rask, Spooner, and a pick has been talked about for Nash and Mason."

My friend is the same guy who told me about the Kaberle, Kelly, and Peverley trades last year before it happened.

#255 TheShynessClinic

• SoSH's Doug Neidermeyer

• 6017 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

My friend who has connections to the Bruins texted me the following after the game. He said the following fwiw. "They are having reservations about Rask and his mental makeup to be a #1 goalie long-term. A package of Rask, Spooner, and a pick has been talked about for Nash and Mason."

My friend is the same guy who told me about the Kaberle, Kelly, and Peverley trades last year before it happened.

I'm as outspoken as any on here about my desire for Nash, but that package might make me throw up. Rask already proved over the course of an entire season he was capable of being a #1. Why the reservations now?

Getting rid of Rask leaves Khudobin as the heir apparent after Thomas goes out after next year...I'm not sure how I feel about that.

#256 Blacken

• 8288 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

Getting rid of Rask leaves Khudobin as the heir apparent after Thomas goes out after next year...I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Bad. It makes you feel goddam bad. Claro?

#257 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 16250 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

I'm as outspoken as any on here about my desire for Nash, but that package might make me throw up. Rask already proved over the course of an entire season he was capable of being a #1. Why the reservations now?

Would it make you feel any better if they trade Thomas after the season and sign Corey Schneider?

#258 TheShynessClinic

• 6017 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

Would it make you feel any better if they trade Thomas after the season and sign Corey Schneider?

Interesting scenario.

Assuming Schneider signs for something like 5/22. Having Mason as your backup at 2.9 for the next two years isn't..awful.

So your two goalies are taking up about the same cap space as your two now, with a downgrade in the backup, and at best, an even trade for the #1.

If it means getting Nash. Then yea, I say you do it.

#259 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 16250 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

Interesting scenario.

Assuming Schneider signs for something like 5/22. Having Mason as your backup at 2.9 for the next two years isn't..awful.

So your two goalies are taking up about the same cap space as your two now, with a downgrade in the backup, and at best, an even trade for the #1.

If it means getting Nash. Then yea, I say you do it.

That is their thinking. The only reservations I can see is that you have Marchand, Seguin, and Horton up for extensions after next season so Nash would basically force one out of town. Assuming Horton comes back healthy, is Nash going to be that big of an upgrade over him to pay him double what Horton makes?

#260 Manzivino

• 2176 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Making that trade is betting the farm that Thomas has another contract in him as an elite goalie or that Essensa can fix Mason. I don't care for either of those risks, nevermind Nash's cap hit. I think they need a top-6 forward (because I honestly don't think Horton can be counted on to come back this season and be effective) but that's just not a deal that makes sense when your goalie is old and you have 0 goalies in the minors.

Edit: Trading Rask now with the intention of trading Thomas and signing Schneider strikes me as trying to thread too fine a needle, with Schneider being an RFA and no comparable backup plan.

Edited by Manzivino, 19 February 2012 - 09:12 PM.

#261 TheShynessClinic

• 6017 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

That is their thinking. The only reservations I can see is that you have Marchand, Seguin, and Horton up for extensions after next season so Nash would basically force one out of town. Assuming Horton comes back healthy, is Nash going to be that big of an upgrade over him to pay him double what Horton makes?

Well, Horton would be in line for a raise and is already making 4 mil now. So you're not really doubling his salary, you're at most going 2.5 mil above.

And to answer your question, yes. Nash is absolutely a 2.5 million dollar better player than Horton, especially with health considered.

#262 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 16250 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

Well, Horton would be in line for a raise and is already making 4 mil now. So you're not really doubling his salary, you're at most going 2.5 mil above.

And to answer your question, yes. Nash is absolutely a 2.5 million dollar better player than Horton, especially with health considered.

Yes I agree.

#263 cshea

• SoSH Member

• 9569 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

We're getting OT here, but there's zero chance of this. Schneider is a restricted free agent, and the Bruins don't have their own 2nd round pick which means they can't throw him a realistic offer sheet. That means you'd have to work out a trade for him, and I don't think the Bruins and Canucks will be talking trade any time soon.

#264 PedroSpecialK

• Comes at you like a tornado of hair and the NHL salary cap

• 16944 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

They can throw an offer sheet at him, the picks in question are 2013ers.

PS that proposal makes me want to fall on a knife

Edited by PedroSpecialK, 19 February 2012 - 09:17 PM.

#265 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15402 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

In a vacuum I'm not at all opposed to trading Rask in the right deal, but it makes me nervous with nobody in the short-term pipeline and Thomas probably nearing the end of his time at the top of the heap.

Edited by Jed Zeppelin, 19 February 2012 - 09:20 PM.

#266 BoSoxFink

• Stripes

• 4758 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

I have faith in the fact that the Bruins could find a suitable goalie to replace Thomas if they trade Rask away. Teams have proven they can win without stud goalies. I would think about including Rask in a deal for Nash. But I would not trade Hamilton. I would think about a Rask, Spooner and a pick tho

#267 BigMike

• SoSH Member

• 18158 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

I hate that trade idea, I guess I can understand questions on Rask; although I strongly disagree with them. I just don't see Rick Nash as an almost 8 million dollar a year player. He is very good, but not a franchise player. I think he is a guy who was over paid by at least 20% to stay with a dismal hockey market

Personally I don't think this team is going anywhere unless they find the magic elixer to get people heatlhy between now and the end of the year, and if that happens, they are a strong contender to win it all, if it doesn't happen they are dead in the water no matter what trades are made this next couple of weeks

#268 PedroSpecialK

• 16944 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

Regarding Nash, I'll copy my post from the cap thread and go from there:

Marchand – Bergeron – Seguin
Lucic – Krejci – Horton
XX – Peverley – Caron/Pouliot (RFA)
XX – XX – XX
XX

Chara – Boychuk
Seidenberg – Hamilton
Ference – McQuaid
Kampfer

Thomas
Rask (RFA)

Once again, including Eaves’s $258,333.33 buyout and assuming hard bonuses as well as $2.7m for Rask and $1.1m (Caron’s cap hit) for Caron, Pouliot, or his replacement, this lineup totals $56,610,000. I am not including Savard because the team could send Seguin & Kampfer down to the AHL on a paper move for the first cap day of the season to get under the cap with Savard on the roster then LTIR him. Given the cap uncertainty, let’s assume a $1.3m drop in the cap from the current $64.3m to $63m.

In this scenario, there are five forward slots to fill with $6,390,000 in cap space. Kelly looks to be in line for a Kopecky-type, 4 year/$3m AAV contract given Kopecky’s 15g-27a breakout year before hitting UFA, their similar penalty-killing acumen, Stanley Cup-champion pedigree, and age (Kelly is a year older). In my eyes, unless a move is made with Krejci, Kelly is as good as gone.
I believe all three of Paille/Campbell/Thornton will be retained at a ~ $1m raise on their collective AAVs this season - +$500k for Campbell ($1.6m AAV), +$325k for Paille ($1.4m AAV), and an even $1m cap hit ($178,500 raise) for Thornton. That leaves the Bruins with a 3rd line left-wing and 13th forward slot to fill with $2,390,000 in cap space. Bring up MacDermid on a two year, one-way $525,000 deal to be the 13th and that leaves space to go after a winger in free agency or give the spot to one of Knight/Spooner.

Now if the Bruins do acquire Nash, I believe it is safe to say a package including very little (if anything) from the current roster, Jordan Caron aside, would be going the other way. For simplicity's sake, I'll assume he's part of any potential Nash deal. Let's say that, going into next season, the lineup shakes out as:

Lucic - Krejci - Nash
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Pouliot - Peverley - Horton
Paille - Campbell - Thornton
Arniel/MacDermid
LTIR: Savard

Chara - Boychuk
Seidenberg - Hamilton
Ference - McQuaid
Kampfer/spare d-man if Kampfer is traded

Thomas
Rask

With an acquisition of Nash it goes almost without saying that a luxury like an elite 3rd liner like Kelly would move on, as he'll be seeking more than $3m AAV with his next contract IMO. Again, I will be ignoring Savard's contract due to Seguin being eligible for a paper move to Providence on Day 1 of the season. Assuming a $4m 4th line, $2.7m Rask, $1.1m Pouliot, and $0.6m MacDermid, that lineup costs $68,816,666.67. Obviously, the quick fix here is to trade Thomas, which puts the Bruins $583,333.33 under the $64.3m cap - but then they would need to either let a member of the Merlot line go, or let Pouliot walk and fill the space with Knight's $723,333.33 ELC in order to have the space to bring up Khudobin at $875,000.

For the season after, say the lineup is:

Lucic - Krejci - Nash
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Pouliot/replacement - Peverley - Knight
Paille - Campbell - Thornton
Macdermid

Chara - Boychuk
Seidenberg - Hamilton
XX - McQuaid
Extra (Warsofsky)

Rask
Khudobin

Without the contracts for Lucic, Marchand, Seguin (all RFA), Pouliot (UFA), Khudobin/his replacement (UFA), the 5th defenseman and again assuming a $4m 4th line, a $2.7m Rask, a $600k MacDermid, and Warsofsky as the 7th defenseman, that team totals $46,823,333.33. Being generous, let's say the cap has risen to $66m by that point - that leaves $19m to sign Lucic, Marchand, Seguin, Pouliot (or sign a 3rd liner/promote Spooner ($723,333.33)), re-sign Khudobin or find his replacement, and find a UFA to be the #5 defenseman. Let's say Lucic and Marchand average out to a $5m AAV apiece and Seguin gets $6m. Considering that James Neal just got $5m as an impending RFA and gave up dollars for term, I don't think any of those are really unreasonable given those three guys' development curve. That's a combined $16m, and leaves an extraordinarily small amount of cap space to deal with the rest of the roster. This isn't even considering that Rask may well get more than $2.7m (worldbeater Steve Mason's making $2.9m for one .916 sv% season, which Rask will have equalled or beaten thrice by the time he's up), the Merlot line might stay for more than $4m (in particular, I think $1.6m is low for Campbell), they would be losing Kelly's services, etc etc etc.

For the #2 offense in hockey that already features three first line-caliber wingers in Lucic, Marchand, and Seguin, and whose team is built on cap flexibility and depth in the lineup, Rick Nash - and the requisite assets that would be surrendered to acquire him - make no sense to me.

#269 TheShynessClinic

• 6017 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

You make me so angry.

#270 PedroSpecialK

• 16944 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

Posted Image

#271 BoSoxFink

• Stripes

• 4758 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

PSK while I definitely see what you are saying, i feel like teams almost always seem to find ways around this shit. How many times have the Rangers gotten close to the cap or the Flyers? Yet both still were able to sign big time free agents this offseason to ridiculous money with Bryzgalov and Richards.

Yes the Flyers moved Carter and Richards but you could say they may have won both of those deals. There are always ways around the cap problems I believe

Edit: also I'm not defending the Bryzgalov signing at all, all I am saying is that somehow the Flyers keep finding space under the cap without their team drastically faltering at all bc of it.

Edited by BoSoxFink, 19 February 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#272 PedroSpecialK

• 16944 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

Not to go Ordway on you but you're making my point - look at how Richards and Bryzgalov have performed thus far. Comparing them to players like Callahan/Anisimov/Staal/McDonagh for the Rags and Giroux/Hartnell/Simmonds/Talbot for Philly who weren't the big-money signings, but were guys who were either undervalued (like McDonagh/Simmonds/Talbot) or had experience in the system, it stands to reason that there's a big risk that these huge signings/trades don't work out. Sticking with Philly, you're absolutely right in saying that it looks like they won both of the Richards/Carter deals, when they were roundly panned for them (by folks like me). Couturier/Voracek looks like a great return for Carter. Simmonds/Schenn is looking like highway robbery, though there's little doubt Richards will rebound to bridge that gap in due time. Heck, Simmonds alone is outperforming Richards (21g/16a v 14g/14a).

The Bruins, in acquiring Nash, would be on the Richards/Carter end of the deal - surrendering young, cost controlled assets in players like Caron/Spooner/Rask/Hamilton that aren't feature players on today's roster. The risk they'd be taking in having Nash continue to put up 35/30 totals on a year in/year out basis (which they'd probably be more than happy with) while the prospects they traded away are putting up respectable numbers on ELCs could put them in quite a precarious cap situation while getting rid of one or two of the most important young players in this franchise's recent history (Rask/Hamilton). For a team that already has an elite offense that admittedly could use bolstering in Horton/Peverley's absence, and a team that's already done it with this group and won the Cup, Nash is most definitely not a necessity. I'm not saying they don't have a need up front, but they don't have a 5+ year, $7.8m need. This is compounded by the fact that Nash plays like a $5-6m player, and that one would have to consider the fallout from so much extra cap space being tied up in one guy.

Put it this way - would you be willing to part ways with the production of one of Seguin/Lucic/Marchand (all pretty unique players) just over a year down the line in addition to the package required to acquire Nash?

#273 BoSoxFink

• Stripes

• 4758 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

Not to go Ordway on you but you're making my point - look at how Richards and Bryzgalov have performed thus far. Comparing them to players like Callahan/Anisimov/Staal/McDonagh for the Rags and Giroux/Hartnell/Simmonds/Talbot for Philly who weren't the big-money signings, but were guys who were either undervalued (like McDonagh/Simmonds/Talbot) or had experience in the system, it stands to reason that there's a big risk that these huge signings/trades don't work out. Sticking with Philly, you're absolutely right in saying that it looks like they won both of the Richards/Carter deals, when they were roundly panned for them (by folks like me). Couturier/Voracek looks like a great return for Carter. Simmonds/Schenn is looking like highway robbery, though there's little doubt Richards will rebound to bridge that gap in due time. Heck, Simmonds alone is outperforming Richards (21g/16a v 14g/14a).

The Bruins, in acquiring Nash, would be on the Richards/Carter end of the deal - surrendering young, cost controlled assets in players like Caron/Spooner/Rask/Hamilton that aren't feature players on today's roster. The risk they'd be taking in having Nash continue to put up 35/30 totals on a year in/year out basis (which they'd probably be more than happy with) while the prospects they traded away are putting up respectable numbers on ELCs could put them in quite a precarious cap situation while getting rid of one or two of the most important young players in this franchise's recent history (Rask/Hamilton). For a team that already has an elite offense that admittedly could use bolstering in Horton/Peverley's absence, and a team that's already done it with this group and won the Cup, Nash is most definitely not a necessity. I'm not saying they don't have a need up front, but they don't have a 5+ year, $7.8m need. This is compounded by the fact that Nash plays like a $5-6m player, and that one would have to consider the fallout from so much extra cap space being tied up in one guy.

Put it this way - would you be willing to part ways with the production of one of Seguin/Lucic/Marchand (all pretty unique players) just over a year down the line in addition to the package required to acquire Nash?

While Rask is a proven talent, all of the other players are not yet proven. You could be right they may all come into the league on entry level deals and perform very well at bargain levels, but that is not a certainty. As with all deals you won't know right away.

If you are asking me would I give up say Rask, Spooner and a first, plus have to lose Looch in a year, I am not sure. Strictly on a production level and taking contracts out, the Looch loss is offset and then some by Nash. The question to me is can you live with the loss of Rask and Spooner, which I think they may be able to.

I think we just have different views on this particular issue, obviously. I am not claiming you are wrong either I can definitely see your side and understand it. I just think Nash is actually the exact type of player this team could use. He fits into their style better than Kessel did, as he is far more physical and tough to play against and his goal scoring will be exactly something this team has not had in years.

#274 OttoC

• SoSH Member

• 7388 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

Rask has a better goals against average this season than Thomas does, so I'd expect him to have a better won-lost record. My guess that the club has not been giving him the goal support that they have been giving Thomas but I cannot find a site that lists both goals scored and goals allowed for goalies. I think Rask would be a more attractive trade piece than Thomas but I think the Bruins have to think about replacing Thomas fairly soon. A problem will be Rask's future contract. He also indicated recently that he thinks he should be a starter and tne club might not want to listen to that.

#275 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15402 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Nvm.

Edited by Jed Zeppelin, 19 February 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#276 FL4WL3SS

• Mrs. Dennis Wideman

• 6142 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

If the Bruins upgrade the defense, I have no problem with them trading one of the goalies. Both goalies have tremendous value right now, so it would be prudent to maximize their value right now, but I can't see them doing so without at least upgrading the defense.

Personally, I think they need to do one of two things:

1. Grab a forward that is equivalent to Horton/Peverly to plug in while those two get healthy and then ride out the rest of the season as is. When one or both come back, that makes the top 3 lines very deep. If either one doesn't come back, they have someone to replace them.

-OR-

2. Make a big splash to upgrade the defense and grab a top line forward while trading one of the goalies - GFIN mode. Nobody is untouchable in this situation.

They have a great opportunity to go back-to-back and you either go all in to make that happen or you go to war with the guys you have and see if it's enough. There is no middle ground here in my opinion.

#277 erfus

• 1584 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

We're getting OT here, but there's zero chance of this. Schneider is a restricted free agent, and the Bruins don't have their own 2nd round pick which means they can't throw him a realistic offer sheet. That means you'd have to work out a trade for him, and I don't think the Bruins and Canucks will be talking trade any time soon.

Just for reference, the unrestricted free agent market for goalies next summer includes:

Brodeur, Vokoun, Gustavsson, Harding, Montoya, Emery, Sanford, Nabokov

among others. The UFA market in general seems lacking beyond Parise, so I'm not sure there are a lot of answers out there without making deals either this month or in the offseason. I still prefer the idea of dealing Thomas this summer though.

#278 TheShynessClinic

• 6017 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

SoSH's favorite columnist suggests a Doug Hamilton for PK Subban swap.

http://www.csnne.com...ck-and-gold.htm

#279 FelixMantilla

• reincarnated mr hate

• 8618 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

SoSH's favorite columnist suggests a Doug Hamilton for PK Subban swap.

http://www.csnne.com...ck-and-gold.htm

He's just doing his main job. Stirring up shit.

#280 PedroSpecialK

• 16944 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

I'd trade CC for Jack Todd

#281 veritas

• 591 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

If Hamilton was a couple months younger he'd be at worst the 3rd overall pick in this year's (albeit weak) draft, and certainly in the argument for going 1st. The Bruins and everyone else know this and he's not going anywhere unless something big is coming back. Subban? Gimme a break

Honestly I wouldn't mind them not making any major moves this year. A lot of guys on the team right now seem burnt out. Whether it's from the Cup run and short offseason, or just their usual winter slump, who knows. But if I'm management I need to see more from the guys on the team now before any major future assets (Hamilton, Koko, Spooner, Knight, 1st or 2nd round picks) are traded to go for it now.

#282 PedroSpecialK

• 16944 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

I really don't see the 2012 crop as a weak one. IMO it would behoove the B's to keep as many of this year's picks as they have left while upgrading thru 2013s.

#283 Tyrone Biggums

• nfl meets tri-annually at a secret country mansion in colorado,

• 3518 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:22 PM

...what?

Reimer is awful. Like, actually not good at all.

And Schenn is no great shakes either. He's a big defensive defensemen who's not that good at defense.

If that's all Columbus can get for Rick fucking Nash (all he does is win) they're not trying.

I said it would be a solid return not anything major though. Reimer isn't that bad in all reality and Schenn is a projectable d-man. He's actually one of the only guys Toronto has that I like. A package with those guys would be a solid return. I wouldn't deal Nash for both but all I'm saying is that it could be a lot worse.

#284 Tyrone Biggums

• 3518 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

If Hamilton was a couple months younger he'd be at worst the 3rd overall pick in this year's (albeit weak) draft, and certainly in the argument for going 1st. The Bruins and everyone else know this and he's not going anywhere unless something big is coming back. Subban? Gimme a break

Honestly I wouldn't mind them not making any major moves this year. A lot of guys on the team right now seem burnt out. Whether it's from the Cup run and short offseason, or just their usual winter slump, who knows. But if I'm management I need to see more from the guys on the team now before any major future assets (Hamilton, Koko, Spooner, Knight, 1st or 2nd round picks) are traded to go for it now.

Agreed, there is zero chance Hamilton gets dealt. The guy will fill out to be a monster. The future here is very bright thanks to the Kessel trade and solid drafts

#285 TheShynessClinic

• 6017 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

I said it would be a solid return not anything major though. Reimer isn't that bad in all reality and Schenn is a projectable d-man. He's actually one of the only guys Toronto has that I like. A package with those guys would be a solid return. I wouldn't deal Nash for both but all I'm saying is that it could be a lot worse.

it wouldn't be solid though. Getting a guy like Gardiner, or Kadri, or Colborne would be solid for a rebuilding team. Yes, Schenn is projectable. He projects to continue being not good. Getting Schenn and Remier would simply be rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

#286 Tyrone Biggums

• 3518 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

it wouldn't be solid though. Getting a guy like Gardiner, or Kadri, or Colborne would be solid for a rebuilding team. Yes, Schenn is projectable. He projects to continue being not good. Getting Schenn and Remier would simply be rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

I like Kadri also, but I think Schenn will be solid. I don't think he'll be a superstar but the guy will have a good career IMO. Reimer Schenn and others for Nash wouldn't be the Titanic. But like I said before I wouldn't do it but it's not so ludicris as to see why Columbus would.

Seeing Colborne makes me sick ugh...

#287 FL4WL3SS

• Mrs. Dennis Wideman

• 6142 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

Really? Because watching the NBCSN commercials with Chara kissing the Cup makes me feel pretty tingly inside.

#288 BigMike

• SoSH Member

• 18158 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

I like Kadri also, but I think Schenn will be solid. I don't think he'll be a superstar but the guy will have a good career IMO. Reimer Schenn and others for Nash wouldn't be the Titanic. But like I said before I wouldn't do it but it's not so ludicris as to see why Columbus would.

It will be interesting ti see if Toronto can spin Colborne off for more value than they gave up to get him. Colborne continues to look like a decent, but really nothing special prospect, after 16 points in his first 8 games in the AHL this year, he is at 8 goals and 11 assists in his last 35 games.

Other than Gardiner, there really isn't all that much to love in the Toronto prospect group

I still wouldn't trade any of the Bruins top 4 prospects for Colborne

#289 Tyrone Biggums

• 3518 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

Really? Because watching the NBCSN commercials with Chara kissing the Cup makes me feel pretty tingly inside.

Never said it wasn't worth it, although I still feel the Bruins win without Kaberle

#290 cshea

• SoSH Member

• 9569 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

http://www.csnne.com...66&feedID=10428

Claude Julien revealed after Tuesday’s practice at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis that Horton still hasn’t resumed skating on his own after suffering a setback several weeks ago. A source close to Horton revealed to CSNNE.com on Tuesday that Horton’s return “is going to be awhile. He’s not close right now.

This certainly doesn't sound good.

#291 Tyrone Biggums

• 3518 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/post/Source-on-Hortons-return-Its-not-close-r?blockID=655366&feedID=10428

This certainly doesn't sound good.

Well I mean this is to be expected...think of all of the athletes who have had 2 or more concussions in a 12 month period. The latest player was Javid Best of the Lions, obviously we can look at Marc Savard as well as a comparison. I think Horton is done for the year personally. Since that is the case a player like Nash would really help out, but not at the price of Doug Hamilton.

#292 mwonow

• 1501 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

Check out the third line for the Blues game:

Today’s lineup (per Boston.com):

Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
Milan Lucic-Chris Kelly-David Krejci
Jordan Caron-Carter Camper/Josh Hennessy-Benoit Pouliot
Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Johnny Boychuk
Dennis Seidenberg-Joe Corvo
Andrew Ference-Adam McQuaid
Andrew Bodnarchuk

Tim Thomas
Tuukka Rask

Are we auditioning guys for other teams, or auditioning guys to see how deep our current needs are?

#293 Blacken

• 8288 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

Krejci on the wing?

I...think I love that?

I'm not sure. I either hate it or love it and can't tell the difference anymore.

#294 TheStoryofYourRedRightAnkle

• 4688 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

It's... weird. Krejci's a playmaker, not a shooter, so normally you want him at center where he has the most ice to work with. But Kelly is better defensively and slightly better at faceoffs. Of course, they could easily switch responsibilities depending on which part of the ice they are in.

#295 Blacken

• 8288 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

If Krejci on a wing forces him to shoot more, I'm all for it.

#296 TheRealness

• Don't make him go all Lucic on your ash

• 8237 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

I'd shuffle things up quite a bit more. I'd drop Seguin onto Krejci and Lucic's RW. Slide Caron onto the RW slot with Bergeron, and run Kelly, Camper and Pouliot out on the 3rd line.

The Bergeron line hasn't scored lately, no matter how much folks fawn over them, and Caron has shown chemistry with Bergeron and Marchand before.

I mean, fuck it, it's February, why not?

#297 TomRicardo

• rusty cohlebone

• 18026 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

I'm not sure. I either hate it or love it and can't tell the difference anymore.

Welcome to SJH's world

#298 j44thor

• 4157 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

I'd shuffle things up quite a bit more. I'd drop Seguin onto Krejci and Lucic's RW. Slide Caron onto the RW slot with Bergeron, and run Kelly, Camper and Pouliot out on the 3rd line.

The Bergeron line hasn't scored lately, no matter how much folks fawn over them, and Caron has shown chemistry with Bergeron and Marchand before.

I mean, fuck it, it's February, why not?

I agree with all of this. Seguin showed some chemistry with Lucic earlier in the season time to see if they can't rekindle that, especially since Lucic has been the best Bruin for the last couple weeks. Caron has always been considered solid to above average defensively why not let him ride shotgun with one of the best defensive forwards in the NHL.

I hate the idea of Krejci at wing. He doesn't have Seguins speed or shot, can't work the boards like Lucic and has zero net drive. Perhaps the move is supposed to be a wake up call but I just see it as trying to force a square peg into a round hole.
Sure he is struggling but I don't see how moving him to wing is going to be beneficial.

#299 Dummy Hoy

• Angry Pissbum

• 2902 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

I'd move Seguin to center.

I think they are auditioning some players both for themselves and other teams, although I'm starting to get the feeling the B's aren't going to be active at the deadline. Which I'm fine with.

#300 Haunted

• The Man in the Box

• 2158 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

Fire Clode!

Kidding.

Or am I?

I agree with Realness and j44thor. Now is the time to shuffle things around. Pretty much not a damn thing is working right now so playing boggle with the lines is perfectly defensible.