Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

SOSH

OK we're back on our main server.  It was taking a super long time to move *everything* back just to save a day's worth of messages.  I've been at this all day now and need to get back to my real job so.,... sorry.  Working on a better plan in case this happens again.  nip

Photo

Red Sox extend agreement with Greenville

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OttoC

• SoSH Member

• 7023 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

According to Peter Abraham (Globe link), the Red Sox have extended their player development contract with the Greenville (SC) Drive (Class A Sally League) for four more years. This is probably not surprising because the field has the same dimensions as Fenway Park, including a Green Monster.

#2 PaulinMyrBch

• Don't touch his dog food

• 4687 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

All I'm saying about Fluor Field to anyone wanting to make a weekend trip to Greenville. You. Will. Not. Be. Disappointed.

Just go, thank me later.

#3 Detts

• 744 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

The park is clean, the concessions are well priced and the park is family friendly.

(I am partial to the $1 beer night on Thursdays).

My cell phone picture is of my 3 and 5 yr old girls running the bases (you can do this every Sunday).

You CANNOT walk up and get a weekend ticket by mid-summer unless you want a single or lawn (except Sunday games...Bible belt). Nice playground and lawn section in LF.

I did have one bad experience here...I had my first boiled peanuts ever here. Yah...if you are from 'up North' like me....just don't. Trust me.

But I consider this one of the best perks of moving here 5 yrs ago. If anyone ever needs advice on what/where to do here, just PM me.

#4 OttoC

• SoSH Member

• 7023 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

I got to got there and also see Shoeless Joe's house when SABR had their national convention in Atlanta a couple of years ago. Wish I had time to check out the town.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users