Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Let's get some god damn revenge: Pats / Giants in the Super Bowl

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1066 replies to this topic

#1051 Mystic Merlin

• SoSH Member

• 21,960 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:39 AM

God, please shut up.

#1052 CaptainLaddie

• dj paul pfieffer

• 23,110 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:41 AM

God, please shut up.

agreed.

Anthony, OCD and Montana have been awesome.

#1053 soxhop411

• SoSH Member

• 10,790 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:41 AM

God, please shut up.

what did i do?

#1054 soxhop411

• SoSH Member

• 10,790 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

agreed.

Anthony, OCD and Montana have been awesome.

I WAS NOT saying Anthony, OCD and Montana were cocky, i was talking about my PERSONAL FRIENDS, who Get cocky when their team wins. I cant stand them when they get overly cocky

Edited by soxhop411, 06 February 2012 - 12:54 AM.

#1055 Mystic Merlin

• SoSH Member

• 21,960 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

Totally forgot about OCD. good catch.

#1056 Fishercat

• Svelte and sexy!

• 4,495 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:45 AM

As hard as this is, and as much as it hurts, it would be bullshit to not congratulate our resident Giants fans on their victory. Guys like Zomp and Montana deserve to revel in their win - congrats, guys. You've been good sports.

I'm on board with this. The real life Giants fans I know probably all deserve to be beaten, but the online ones have actually been pretty cool.

#1057 soxhop411

• SoSH Member

• 10,790 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:46 AM

I'm on board with this. The real life Giants fans I know probably all deserve to be beaten, but the online ones have actually been pretty cool.

This is the point i was trying to say.

Edited by soxhop411, 06 February 2012 - 12:46 AM.

#1058 MentalDisabldLst

• Prefers spit over lube

• 13,720 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:49 AM

I almost literally threw a friend of mine out of my party, like was probably 30 seconds from coming to blows, when he was rubbing it in and prancing all about with joy... 10 minutes after the game ended. He got the message and departed right quick. Hopefully got run over in the street by one of the fucking NYPD cruisers cavorting about town using their car megaphones to shout "Let's go Gi-ants" all around the neighborhood.

Anyway, let me try a bit of calm reasoned-ness on for size...

You watched this game and you're blaming the defense?

It's totally on the offense and the coaching staff. 17 points is not acceptable in any game let alone a Super Bowl.

In our 3 SB wins, the defense gave up 17, 29, and 21. In the two losses since then, our defense gave up 17 and 19. And tonight probably would've been 16 if it wasn't a good tactical move to allow the TD. Our defense has yet to let us down in a super bowl, and the one time they did, Tom Brady bailed us out. The offense had every opportunity to win the game tonight and couldn't do it.

I'm at peace with Wilfork, with Spikes, with Chung, with McCourty, with Sterling Moore bless his heart, with Ninkovich. They did their jobs.

#1059 Zomp

• Turkey Virgin

• 8,230 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:01 AM

Thanks guys....though if some of you were my fb friends you'd probably want to kill me (I *may* have gloated, a little).

Its a weird feeling, for sure. Almost surreal.

Am I right in thinking Vegas took a bath on this one? One of their biggest ever?

#1060 PseuFighter

• Silent scenester

• 8,447 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:04 AM

I almost literally threw a friend of mine out of my party, like was probably 30 seconds from coming to blows, when he was rubbing it in and prancing all about with joy... 10 minutes after the game ended. He got the message and departed right quick. Hopefully got run over in the street by one of the fucking NYPD cruisers cavorting about town using their car megaphones to shout "Let's go Gi-ants" all around the neighborhood.

you sure he wasn't just playing charades?

#1061 scottyno

• 2,932 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:48 AM

Thanks guys....though if some of you were my fb friends you'd probably want to kill me (I *may* have gloated, a little).

Its a weird feeling, for sure. Almost surreal.

Am I right in thinking Vegas took a bath on this one? One of their biggest ever?

unless vegas somehow made up at on in prop bets absolutely, I live in vegas, they had an article in the sun which I think was also in the boston herald a couple days ago that the public was betting 2-1 in the giants either 3.5 early or 3, they were basically begging for ppl to take the patriots, vegas got killed

#1062 SemperFidelisSox

• suzyn

• 10,660 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:19 AM

Our defense has yet to let us down in a super bowl, and the one time they did, Tom Brady bailed us out. The offense had every opportunity to win the game tonight and couldn't do it.

This team has played pretty poor defense in the 4th Quarter of Super Bowls under BB, with the one real exception being vs Philadelphia.

Super Bowl 36: 14 points allowed, 161 passing yards

Super Bowl 38: 19 points allowed, 211 passing yards

Super Bowl 42: 14 points allowed, Game winning 83 yard drive

Super Bowl 46: 6 points allowed, Game winning 88 yard drive

Although not in the Super Bowl, you can also throw in the '06 AFCCG in there as well. 17 points allowed in the 4th Q, which included yet another 80+ yard game winning drive. So in the last five seasons, this team has had three collosal defensive collapses in conference championship and Super Bowl games, all of which included 80+ yard game winning drives with under four minutes.

#1063 StuckOnYouk

• 2,063 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:26 AM

unless vegas somehow made up at on in prop bets absolutely, I live in vegas, they had an article in the sun which I think was also in the boston herald a couple days ago that the public was betting 2-1 in the giants either 3.5 early or 3, they were basically begging for ppl to take the patriots, vegas got killed

I figured they took a bath as soon as the safety came as the first score of the game. That coupled with the Giants win, the giants covering and any NYer in Vegas who made bets 5-6 weeks ago just for the heck of it that the Giants would win it all at probably huge odds.

#1064 Oil Can Dan

• 4,942 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

Thanks for the congrats guys. Two pretty evenly matched teams, and the ball bounced our way once or twice more than it did for you. The Giants were fortunate to come out of that game with a win.

You guys will see your team on the podium again before you know it. The Pats are the gold standard team in the whole NFL, IMO. I'm sure this loss stings, but it goes without saying that the future looks good for the Pats.

#1065 G String Quartet

• bignomarfan

• 2,090 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

Thanks for the congrats guys. Two pretty evenly matched teams, and the ball bounced our way once or twice more than it did for you. The Giants were fortunate to come out of that game with a win.

You guys will see your team on the podium again before you know it. The Pats are the gold standard team in the whole NFL, IMO. I'm sure this loss stings, but it goes without saying that the future looks good for the Pats.

That's why it's easy to congratulate and repsect a KNOWLEDGABLE fan who gets that in a game like that there are "bounces" that happen and that can determine an outcome. I try and tell the people I know (and I know a lot of them living right in the middle of it all) who are fans that in '07 it was totally much more earned than this one and all I get is the sour grapes rebuttle - so I give up.

Anyway - congrats OCD. I am thinking that team may see the poduim again as well before it's all said and done.

#1066 There is no Rev

• through the velvety hallway

• 23,815 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

I try and tell the people I know (and I know a lot of them living right in the middle of it all) who are fans that in '07 it was totally much more earned than this one and all I get is the sour grapes rebuttle - so I give up.

You've been going around telling Giants fans that even though they won, the win wasn't as good as 2007?

Why would you do this?

#1067 Mystic Merlin

• SoSH Member

• 21,960 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

I am grateful no one has said that the Giants 'wanted it more'.