Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

2012 College Football: A Look Ahead

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 16,626 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

Looking at 2012 schedules, here's a list of non-conference games to look forward to next season. More are sure to be added as we get closer to the season.

August 31st
Boise State at Michigan State

September 1st
Michigan vs. Alabama at Cowboys Stadium
Auburn vs. Clemson at Georgia Dome
Notre Dame vs. Navy in Dublin, Ireland

September 8th
Washington at LSU
USC vs. Syracuse at MetLife Stadium(rare chance for NYC area fans like me to go see USC play)
Miami at Kansas State
Penn State at Virginia
West Virginia at Florida State
Nebraska at UCLA

September 15th
Arizona State at Missouri
Notre Dame at Michigan State
Cal at Ohio State

September 22nd
Virginia at TCU
Michigan at Notre Dame

October 6th
Notre Dame vs. Miami at Soldier Field

October 27th
Notre Dame at Oklahoma

November 24th
Notre Dame at USC
South Carolina at Clemson
Georgia Tech at Georgia

Edited by RedOctober3829, 19 January 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#2 Royal Reader

• 1,252 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:37 PM

UGA-GTech listed and UF-FSU not? Oh how the mighty have fallen.

#3 RingoOSU

• okie misanthrope

• 13,408 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

Texas vs Oklahoma is still a conference game, AFAIK. But who knows, as stable as the Big 12 is these days.

#4 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 16,626 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

Texas vs Oklahoma is still a conference game, AFAIK. But who knows, as stable as the Big 12 is these days.

I originally was going to put some conference games in here, but not all conference schedules were released yet. Mistakingly left Texas-OU in there.

#5 Kremlin Watcher

• 2,698 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

Texas' schedule for 2012 is a bit uncertain due to Mizzou and aggy's departure from the Big XII. Dates with these two teams (Nov. 10 and 22, respectively) are currently set, but there are indications that these may be replaced with either other conference games (WVU and TCU), or perhaps an interesting non-conference opponent (although I would have thought getting a top-25 opponent will be difficult at this point).

#6 JimRiceHOFer

• 593 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:15 PM

Sept. 1st
Ohio at Penn State - 1st game for Penn State under a new head coach in 47 years. 1st loss, also?

#7 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 16,626 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

Texas' schedule for 2012 is a bit uncertain due to Mizzou and aggy's departure from the Big XII. Dates with these two teams (Nov. 10 and 22, respectively) are currently set, but there are indications that these may be replaced with either other conference games (WVU and TCU), or perhaps an interesting non-conference opponent (although I would have thought getting a top-25 opponent will be difficult at this point).

I read a Chip Brown tweet saying that Texas is playing WVU this season, but it looked to be unofficial so I didn't include it.

#8 PaulinMyrBch

• Don't touch his dog food

• 5,183 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

That FSU -WVU game is likely to go off the schedule if WVU plays the Big12 schedule next year as they say they will. Lawsuits/Courts/Mediation await, but that is the game WVU is looking to negotiate off if they have to move to the Big12 and pick up an additional conference game.