Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Can we talk Brady for a minute?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
355 replies to this topic

#351 Smiling Joe Hesketh

• now batting steve sal hiney. the leftfielder, hiney

• 25,690 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

Just that this thread needs to be saved.

Someday, hopefully not too soon, we'll have a QB transition. The lamentations here will then sound like the outbursts of someone pissed off cause his Lear jet is effed up.

Five out of twelve. We have lost perspective.

12? He's been a starter for only 10 of those seasons (4th string in 2000, injured in 2008). Half the fucking time he plays in the Super Bowl. That's more than Montana ever had, more than Marino, Bradshaw, same as Elway in fewer seasons, more than Staubach.

People need to get a goddamn grip.

#352 soxfan121

• minidope/racontuer

• 15,585 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

Anyone got anything of substance to add here? 'Cause this one's getting closed soon.

Let's at least wait until ivanvamp repeats the same info again. It might give KFP an aneurysm or something.

And dcmissle is correct - 5 in 10 is the envy of everyone else. Dude is still great.

Edited by soxfan121, 15 February 2012 - 01:01 PM.

#353 dcmissle

• SoSH Member

• 12,769 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

12? He's been a starter for only 10 of those seasons (4th string in 2000, injured in 2008). Half the fucking time he plays in the Super Bowl. That's more than Montana ever had, more than Marino, Bradshaw, same as Elway in fewer seasons, more than Staubach.

People need to get a goddamn grip.

Oh, I know. I'm counting the whole era, from 2000 when BB and TB came in the door. I'm being conservative, and the record remains scintillating.

#354 ivanvamp

• one campus at a time..

• 4,475 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

Holy shit. Please just shut the fuck up. You keep running out the same asinine meme time and time again,

Hey Kenny - go screw. I've posted just a handful of times since the friggin' Super Bowl.

even when people have made it clear that...

A.) Eli didn't play against a much weaker defense. Giants defense was 29th in pass yards per game and the Patriots were 31st. The Giants run defense was 19th, Patriots 17th. They were also 25th in points given up, Patriots 15th.

Suppose you could trade the entire Pats' D for the entire Giants' D. Would you do it? I can't imagine anyone saying "no" to that.

B.) Eli's receivers did miss plays throughout the game, I even pointed out 2 for you to start with when you go back and watch the game to see how wrong you are.

I actually didn't see your post when you pointed that out. I don't remember the plays you're talking about. I remember Manningham running a deep sideline route that gave Eli nowhere to throw the ball, really. Is that one of the two?

And speaking of "how wrong you are", how about this doozy: "they don't count spiking the ball as a pass attempt. That's just retarded."

I've never had a problem with your posting, but you've been unreadable since the Superbowl. You ignore everything that everyone says, incorrectly and incoherently repeat yourself, and do it with the tact of a sledgehammer. Just fuck off for a few days. Please.

You might want to relax a little. You're getting pretty worked up over a couple of posts. The reality is that you and I are in agreement. Brady played well, but Eli outplayed him and deserved to win the game.

#355 Kenny F'ing Powers

• posts 18% useful shit

• 5,633 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

I'm not going to go any further with this conversation because then the terrorists win.

#356 Smiling Joe Hesketh

• now batting steve sal hiney. the leftfielder, hiney

• 25,690 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

And we're done.