Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

1/12 Canadiens at Bruins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
312 replies to this topic

#1 Haunted

• The Man in the Box

• 2156 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:46 AM

Twas nice to get my first game thread victory last night. I was 0-2 over the past few years before that, so a self-imposed lifetime ban was on deck had they lost.

Anyway, up next on the shooting gallery are the floundering Montreal Toilet Seats. The same Toilet Seats that are protesting an Anglophone for a coach. The same Toilet Seats that just got shut out by the goalie they gave away. Seeing them last in the division a rare treat.

Let Sharktopus guide us.

Posted Image

Edited by Haunted, 12 January 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#2 PedroSpecialK

• Comes at you like a tornado of hair and the NHL salary cap

• 16818 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:31 AM

This pub will be showing the game tomorrow, and apparently their group of regulars includes a large number of Québécois folks.

Cannot put a price on in-person antagonization of Habs fans across the Atlantic. Lead us, Thimas.

#3 JimBoSox9

• will you be my friend?

• 12227 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hey, is Wheeler's mom gonna hang out in the thread for this one too, or is that just for Winnipeg games?

#4 estreetfan

• 394 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

Crush them. Hopefully, by the end of this game, the CH Habs crest will stand for Can't Hang!

Go Bruins!

#5 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15214 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

It's nice to get back to the good old rivalry. My Canucks hate is too damn concentrated, it's unhealthy. I can spread my Habs hate over two decades to soften the fury. Plus, the organizational entitlement is based on a truckload of legit championships and historically great players rather than, you know, a Presidents' Trophy and a truckload of futility.

They're in the midst of some rough times right now but, as is always the case against Montreal, I don't expect an easy victory.

#6 MiracleOfO2704

• not AWOL

• 2599 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

They're in the midst of some rough times right now but, as is always the case against Montreal, I don't expect an easy victory.

Nor I. These guys have to believe, after looking totally soft at home against St. Louis, that their season may come down to this game in a way. Lose tonight, and 15th in the conference is suddenly in reach. The douchey Subban factor alone should make this a tougher game than we'd like to think.

#7 ypioca

• 4217 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:22 AM

This game is miraculously on Brazilian ESPN. Probably the only B's regular season game I'll watch on TV until the playoffs.

Make it a bloodbath.

Edited by ypioca, 12 January 2012 - 12:22 AM.

#8 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30160 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:59 AM

According to Seguin and Kampfer Bmarch63 is now on twitter

#9 FelixMantilla

• reincarnated mr hate

• 8523 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:29 AM

Huge game for Montreal tonight. Just wondering what kind of an effort we'll see out of them. Are they going to tank the season, or are they willing to dig deep. Can't wait for this one.

#10 FL4WL3SS

• Mrs. Dennis Wideman

• 6007 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:41 AM

Huge game for Montreal tonight. Just wondering what kind of an effort we'll see out of them. Are they going to tank the season, or are they willing to dig deep. Can't wait for this one.

Just a hunch, but I'm guessing we'll see a lot of turtling, diving and bitching at the refs. So in other words, not much.

#11 cshea

• SoSH Member

• 9417 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

Caron got called back up. I wonder if he may get into the lineup tonight. I thought Hamill had a fairly weak game against Winnipeg.

#12 The Napkin

• wise ass al kaprielian

• 13293 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

Savard was supposed to be in the house to kick off his new suite for kids with head trauma at Children's thing but his flight was snowed out. So he's driving to Toronto to try to get on an afternoon flight. Drive safe, Savvy...

#13 PedroSpecialK

• 16818 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

Wow. Would have been real easy to just say he couldn't make it cause of the weather.

#14 fenwaypaul

• 3089 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:55 AM

Cammalleri: «Le Canadien affiche une attitude de perdants»

Google translation for us français-impaired perdants.

"I played good and bad teams. When you post an attitude of losers as they do now, you lose more often than you win and you the classification of leaping. When you post a winning attitude, you do not be stifled by the errors and you answer with an error 15 good plays at the other end, you win and you get out of poverty. This is not what we do here now, "continued Cammalleri on a sharp tone.

#15 The Napkin

• wise ass al kaprielian

• 13293 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:07 AM

marc savard @MSavvy91 2m
NOT GOOD :-(

marc savard @MSavvy91 27m
Roads are horriffic, my agents flight just got cancelled not looking good, very upsetting.........................................

That sucks, sounds like he was really looking forward to coming and being here. Looks like he'll be here for the 1/21 game against the Rags instead. But still. Bummed for him. Was nice to see him excited about something.

http://espn.go.com/b...ids?sf2912983=1

#16 PedroSpecialK

• 16818 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

He should pull over and spend the night at a massage parlor.

#17 Blacken

• Paddy Tanniger the Caddy Manager

• 7980 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:29 AM

http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=2

I'm just going to leave that here.

#18 ajml

• 363 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:47 AM

Well they have done a fantastic job locking up the players they wouldn't want long-term. I wonder what Subban is going to ask for in the off-season, I could see the two sides being way apart.

#19 The Four Peters

• can peacefully dougie off this mortal coil

• 10950 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

Caron got called back up. I wonder if he may get into the lineup tonight. I thought Hamill had a fairly weak game against Winnipeg.

Hamill was going through extra skating with Marchand and Kampfer, so it sounds like Caron is back in.

#20 Curtis Pride

• 789 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:10 PM

http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=2 I'm just going to leave that here.

I just have one question: who is Josh Gorges, and is he worth being locked up through 2018?

#21 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15214 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

Looney Tunes is so fucking awesome and in the future when we're able to customize our own TV station, my station's schedule will feature at least 8 hours a day of it.

The episode of Road Runner on right now is the greatest work of philosophical, self-aware television I've ever seen. They've been cutting away to two kids sitting inches from a TV who look and sound stoned as they watch and discuss the Road Runner show:

Kid 1: Sometimes I feel bad for the Coyote. Sometimes I wish he would catch the Road Runner.
Kid 2: Then there wouldn't be anymore Road Runner. You wouldn't like that, would you?
Kid1: No, I guess not.
Kid 2: I thought you wouldn't.

#22 Dummy Hoy

• Angry Pissbum

• 2815 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

Yeah, that's awful. My brain hurts from looking at that. I mean, jesus...the hits keep coming. Gomez through 2014 @ 7.3? Georges contract (at 3.9?!) that extends seemingly forever? Cammo for 6 freaking bills?! Ohoho...and let's not forget the Kaberle contract. Ugh...any GM that looked at that would be dumber for having done so.

And Price, Subban, and Eller are RFAs after this season? Dear God.

Edited by Dummy Hoy, 12 January 2012 - 12:26 PM.

#23 Titoschew

• 2842 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

I needed a laugh, thanks.

#24 PedroSpecialK

• 16818 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:00 PM

Watching the episode of Law & Order (aka New York Police Judicaire) with Gary Busey as singer Tommy Vega. It is dubbed over in French.

Edited by PedroSpecialK, 12 January 2012 - 01:00 PM.

#25 FL4WL3SS

• Mrs. Dennis Wideman

• 6007 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

I just spent 10 minutes getting pissed off at the code I'm writing because I couldn't see the difference between shitToAccount and shipToAccount.

WHY AM I GETTING AN ERROR IT LOOKS RIGHT TO ME!?!?!

Yes, I typed shit instead of ship in my code.

Edited by FL4WL3SS, 12 January 2012 - 01:13 PM.

#26 PedroSpecialK

• 16818 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

Posted Image

#27 moretsyndrome

• 73 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

It's nice to get back to the good old rivalry. My Canucks hate is too damn concentrated, it's unhealthy. I can spread my Habs hate over two decades to soften the fury. Plus, the organizational entitlement is based on a truckload of legit championships and historically great players rather than, you know, a Presidents' Trophy and a truckload of futility.

I'm spreading that hatred over four decades and it is an easier emotion to handle; levels you off a little bit. It's much more jarring dealing with years and years of indifference followed by a spike in intense loathing, as in the case of the Canucks.

Still enjoyable hatred, but different.

#28 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15214 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

I've been watching all of my movies with Spanish audio and Spanish subtitles for months now. Easy way to do some studying for the exam that I have to pass next week or I don't graduate my program until the summer.

Thank Krejci that application season is just about over. I'm so burned out from applying that I don't even want to stay in school anymore. So much so that I told everyone I was applying to ten schools when in reality I reduced that to six. I would love to keep deferring my loans but at this point I'd rather see the enormous number drop and have some goddamn money. It's all good because I'm pretty sure I'm not getting accepted anywhere. I'm just like every other MA student except I have no teaching experience, no awards or accolades, and nothing relevant published. I am the Zach Hamill of MA students, I'm just there and I have no top-end skills.

Edited by Jed Zeppelin, 12 January 2012 - 01:26 PM.

#29 TheStoryofYourRedRightAnkle

• 4595 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

How can one possibly capture the unhinged scariness of Gary Busey in a French dub. They should have left it in English or at least switched to an intimidating language, like German or Cantonese. Ever been screamed at in Cantonese? It's frightening.

#30 AMcGhie

• The Robinson Canoe of RMPS

• 1076 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

I just spent 10 minutes getting pissed off at the code I'm writing because I couldn't see the difference between shitToAccount and shipToAccount.

WHY AM I GETTING AN ERROR IT LOOKS RIGHT TO ME!?!?!

Yes, I typed shit instead of ship in my code.

I once wrote a function that got a Lease Abstract ID, that I called getLAID(). I laughed for about 2 minutes, then realized how much I hated that job because of my bitch of a manager.

Today's been good. I'm writing a new login/forgot password page, and its one of those things every decent web programmer needs to have experience on at least once. Its also nice working from home, because the weather is beyond shitty, and I'm sitting in bed with my laptop all warm and happy.

#31 The Four Peters

• can peacefully dougie off this mortal coil

• 10950 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

I have spent all day configuring benefit life events and rules for my client in the HR system we are implementing. It's actually been quite fun. After working until 1:30am the last two nights, I am meeting up with a buddy in midtown for drinks and going to pray the bar has the NHL Network so I can throw the game on.

#32 TheRealness

• Don't make him go all Lucic on your ash

• 8120 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

I need to get over my preconditioned stigma of seeing snow and thinking "day off!" every time in some sense. I just can't find motivation today.

#33 locknload

• 700 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

I feel like I have posts disappearing into the ether. Very weird.

#34 TheStoryofYourRedRightAnkle

• 4595 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

I have spent all day configuring benefit life events and rules for my client in the HR system we are implementing. It's actually been quite fun.

That is... sad.

#35 AMcGhie

• The Robinson Canoe of RMPS

• 1076 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

That is... sad.

I write code for a living becuase I love turning someone else's logic into a digital system. The process of understanding someone else's workflow, making a digital representation of it, and making it more efficient and easier for people to use is actually something I pride myself on. Its probably similar to all you lawyers trying to come up with great arguments to sway a jury. Sometimes just being able to do what you do very well makes you happy. It does for me.

I wrote a system to help streamline commercial office space management for the property owners. Most people would find that incredibly boring, but I really enjoyed deconstructing their logic and building a system that basically eliminated the need for paper or faxing, and provided digial recordkeeping for every deal they've ever made.

Edited by AMcGhie, 12 January 2012 - 03:35 PM.

#36 TheStoryofYourRedRightAnkle

• 4595 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:35 PM

Yes, you tell yourself that.

#37 Maurice09

• 93 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

My hatred for the Canucks is irrational. My hatred for the yankees of hockey of course is rational. May they get one in the W column and may Balls get a few goals to show them what their missing.

#38 Haunted

• The Man in the Box

• 2156 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

I can't watch this game tonight.

So win.

#39 FL4WL3SS

• Mrs. Dennis Wideman

• 6007 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

I once wrote a function that got a Lease Abstract ID, that I called getLAID(). I laughed for about 2 minutes, then realized how much I hated that job because of my bitch of a manager.

Today's been good. I'm writing a new login/forgot password page, and its one of those things every decent web programmer needs to have experience on at least once. Its also nice working from home, because the weather is beyond shitty, and I'm sitting in bed with my laptop all warm and happy.

I too am working from home, but unlike you, I hate writing web forms.

#40 kenneycb

• Hates Goose Island Beer; Loves Backdoor Play

• 7182 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

Fuck and I thought I was a tool.

#41 NickEsasky

• Code Name: Duchess

• 6767 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

Don't worry you still very much are.

#42 Blacken

• Paddy Tanniger the Caddy Manager

• 7980 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

I write code for a living becuase I love turning someone else's logic into a digital system. The process of understanding someone else's workflow, making a digital representation of it, and making it more efficient and easier for people to use is actually something I pride myself on. Its probably similar to all you lawyers trying to come up with great arguments to sway a jury. Sometimes just being able to do what you do very well makes you happy. It does for me.

I write code because I come up with that logic (frequently related to little picture people on the screen). Fuck someone else, he's probably a Yankees fan.

#43 FL4WL3SS

• Mrs. Dennis Wideman

• 6007 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

Posted Image

The Dark Ages.

#44 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15214 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

What genius decided to use a bearface that was completely unmenacing?

#45 ypioca

• 4217 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

I'm watching a pop-culture show with my grandma. They're interviewing a children's TV show host who is coming out with a gospel album. The lower-third graphic has a kneeling-prayer-blowjob pun.

One fucking hour.

#46 PedroSpecialK

• 16818 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

CANOE(scf.mpg)

God damn pub said they won't be open til 4 am so I came back to make sure I'd see the game.
Same routine as the Jets game, so yeeeeeeeee and win.

#47 PedroSpecialK

• 16818 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

What genius decided to use a bearface that was completely unmenacing?

Eisner/Bettman collabo job no doubt

#48 ypioca

• 4217 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

My grandma went to sleep.

I am now watching Adam Sandler overdubbed in The Longest Yard.

Adam's dubber does all of his movies and actually isn't awful.

Still, one fucking hour.

#49 PedroSpecialK

• 16818 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

Esta muito cool faça xixi no pantalones con Billy

#50 ypioca

• 4217 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

You could be the simultaneous translator for the Academy Awards on TNT here. Now there's a pile of shit if I ever saw one.