Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

SOSH

Happy Patriots Day.  I expect some heavy usage today so please if there are any problems just let me know via twitter @sonsofsamhorn.  thanks folks.  nip

Photo

1/10 Jets at Bruins

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#301 timlinin8th

• 367 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

How the f*** have the Sens played 6 more games than us?

This year's NHL schedule has made NO friggin sense.

#302 cshea

• SoSH Member

• 8935 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

"We want the cup" chant?

They were going for "TEBOW SUCKS"

I, politely, informed them that we were at the TD Garden, not Gillette Stadium.

#303 MentalDisabldLst

• Prefers spit over lube

• 12829 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

Gracias to all re: Pouliot.

#304 Jack Sox

• 3294 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

Holy shit this team... I literally have no idea how they could improve it. I love the contributions from everyone on this roster.

#305 Terras

• Says he wants a Revolution

• 1469 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:54 PM

This was fun. Amusing side note: Garden cameramen and production were instructed to not let anything involving Marchand on screen. It was funny to see them scramble when someone sitting would stand up with a "Free Marchand" shirt on.

#306 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30160 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:22 PM

If anyone just missed Thornton and Felger on Sticks and Stones it was orgasmic. Thornton verbally bitch slapping Tony Gallagher was awesome.

#307 LMontro

• 591 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:46 PM

If anyone just missed Thornton and Felger on Sticks and Stones it was orgasmic. Thornton verbally bitch slapping Tony Gallagher was awesome.

If anyone has video of this it would be much appreciated. Thanks

#308 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 14479 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:17 AM

If anyone has video of this it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Here ya go...
http://www.csnne.com...LvwllTxx7E9P2Cq

#309 RoyalOrange

• 134 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:26 AM

I can't embed it from my iPad, but Haggs just tweeted the link:

http://www.csnne.com...832&feedID=3352

Absolute domination from Thornton. Every time I feel like the Canucks have hit their Douchebag Max Level, they just push the envelope further.

Edit: beaten to the punch

Edited by RoyalOrange, 11 January 2012 - 12:27 AM.

#310 Terras

• Says he wants a Revolution

• 1469 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:29 AM

Felger coming back with a Congrats on the President's Trophy, nobody gives a fuck at the end of that was awesome.

#311 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30160 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:52 AM

Go back to journalism school, Felger!

This girl is hilarious, throwing a serious hissy fit, saying Bieksa should fight Felger.

#312 Nomar813

• SoSH Member

• 5812 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:15 AM

Here ya go...
http://www.csnne.com...LvwllTxx7E9P2Cq

This is outstanding.

#313 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 14926 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:38 AM

Nice try playing the "Aww Shucks" card. Thornton is the absolute last guy to call out like that too. Everybody knows that he's one of the most respected, stand-up guys in the league. There's nothing like a fucking sportswriter trying to tell a player how to play the game, especially when he didn't do anything wrong or out of the ordinary.

Felger has become the ultimate Bruins troll and I love it.

#314 Blacken

• Paddy Tanniger the Caddy Manager

• 7582 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:30 AM

That was the best thing I've seen since June.

#315 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 14926 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:36 AM

Indeed, I'm glad those two can share the same stage after Thornton told Felger to suck it.

#316 Smiling Joe Hesketh

• now batting steve sal hiney. the leftfielder, hiney

• 24817 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:05 AM

SPROING!!!

#317 Smiling Joe Hesketh

• 24817 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:06 AM

"I fought seven guys for a minute. Ya think that's harder than fighting twice in a period?"

Thornton is awesome.

#318 The Four Peters

• can peacefully dougie off this mortal coil

• 10739 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

My god that is unreal. Can Thornton do anything wrong, ever?

#319 The Napkin

• wise ass al kaprielian

• 12790 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:44 AM

Grr. The audio isn't working for me. Napkin sad.

And no, T4P. No he can't.

#320 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 14479 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

"I fought seven guys for a minute. Ya think that's harder than fighting twice in a period?"

Thornton is awesome.

The best thing about that video is when the writer brought up the weight difference between Thornton and Weise. The writer says there was a 40 lb. difference, then backed down to 30 after Thornton told him how much he weighed, then to 20. Thornton then says he fought a guy 6'7" and 270 lbs. so you can basically suck it.

Edited by RedOctober3829, 11 January 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#321 FL4WL3SS

• Mrs. Dennis Wideman

• 5817 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

Except have the last name of Thornton. If he had a different last name, he'd have one of the best selling jersey's on the team - I know I'd own one.

Edited by FL4WL3SS, 11 January 2012 - 10:15 AM.

#322 smastroyin

• simpering whimperer

• 15981 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:08 AM

The best thing about that video is when the writer brought up the weight difference between Thornton and Weiss. The writer says there was a 40 lb. difference, then backed down to 30 after Thornton told him how much he weighed, then to 20. Thornton then says he fought a guy 6'7" and 270 lbs. so you can basically suck it.

It's even better when you go to nhl.com or the Canucks media guide and Dale Weise is listed at 6'2" 210. Thornton is listed at 6'2" 217.

#323 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30160 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

Puck Daddy: http://sports.yahoo....-141833914.html

Google news, basically, American's thought it was a bitch-slapping, Canadians thought it was sandbagging.

Edited by SoxScout, 11 January 2012 - 11:31 AM.

#324 Blacken

• Paddy Tanniger the Caddy Manager

• 7582 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

"Here's what I don't understand. I don't understand how a team can be so hated … I understand they have a couple of vexing guys like Burrows and Lapierre. They're agitators, just about every team has a couple of them. But they have no toughness. Normally, teams that are hated have a horde of tough guys that just maraud and punch other teams into oblivion. How can you be hated when you have no toughness?"

#325 BrazilianSoxFan

• 1023 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

"Here's what I don't understand. I don't understand how a team can be so hated … I understand they have a couple of vexing guys like Burrows and Lapierre. They're agitators, just about every team has a couple of them. But they have no toughness. Normally, teams that are hated have a horde of tough guys that just maraud and punch other teams into oblivion. How can you be hated when you have no toughness?"

Just came here to post this. If that's your defense, I would rather be guilty...

Edit: And this is awesome:

Yes, the Broad Street Bullies were hated — in the 1970s. Today, as Brian Burke famously put it, the rats are running the League. So when someone steps up to exterminate the rats, they're the heroes.
Hence, the Boston Bruins were celebrated for manhandling the Canucks last June.

Edited by BrazilianSoxFan, 11 January 2012 - 11:54 AM.

#326 TheRealness

• Don't make him go all Lucic on your ash

• 8049 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

He had himself quite a night. The dangle sauce on the penalty shot (Seriously, backhand toe-drag? Awesome), the fight against his old buddy, and then tagging that bitch columnist. Just a fantastic trifecta.

#327 timlinin8th

• 367 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

Puck Daddy: http://sports.yahoo....-141833914.html

Google news, basically, American's thought it was a bitch-slapping, Canadians thought it was sandbagging.

From one of those links:

But when media verbally attack a player or other members of the media? When they get personal with the attacks? C'mon now. Last I checked, we didn't play the game and we shouldn't have anything personally invested in the game.
The latest Vancouver-Boston media dust up occurred Tuesday night when Vancouver Province columnist Tony Gallagher went on a Bruins show for Comcast. Gallagher was giving his opinion as to why Dale Weise didn't have to fight Shawn Thornton in the first period of Saturday's game.
Little did Gallagher know, but Comcast had Thornton in studio. When Gallagher finished his thought, the ambush was on.
Guerrilla journalism at its worst!

You know what? Yeah, its a little bit bush league to set up someone who agreed to be a guest like that, and I get that part; but ultimately, who gives a fuck? Isn't the whole point of 'the media' supposed to be to enhance the entertainment of the sports they cover? Of course its a play for ratings; it worked, and it certainly seems like both sides are getting something out of this. So yeah, Felger is probably putting himself in a position where no columnists are gonna wanna talk to him on his show anymore. That's his problem. Personally since I think media members could do for a good knock to their collective egos and diatribes this is a good start. Maybe someone will get Felger back someday... :whistling:

#328 Smiling Joe Hesketh

• 24817 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

Don't these reporters take pride in wiriting awful stuff about players and then havig to face them in the locker room the next day? Gallagher said some stupid things, and OMG Thornton was in a studio 3000 miles away to respond! The outrage!

Apparently the vagina-itis in Vancouver isn't confined to their hockey team. Their press corps has it as well.

#329 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 14926 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

Backing up statements = guerrilla journalism
Tripping over your own words and not backing up statements and telling outright lies = victim

#330 smastroyin

• simpering whimperer

• 15981 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

Here's my take. The media is supposed to be the ones who are good at arguing with words. It's not like Felger set up Gallagher to throw down gloves with Thornton. He brought Thornton into Gallagher's arena.

Also, Gallagher loses my respect because even when questioned he backed down immediately. If Weise had said "hey man I'm tired I don't want to fight" then Felger/Thorton don't have a complaint. But he agreed to throw down and then backed out of it to try and draw an instigator penalty. That's fucking weasel-y so when a columnist sits there blasting Thornton about some unwritten rule about asking a guy to fight twice in a period, I think the "alls fair" rule probably comes into play.

#331 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 14926 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

Don't these reporters take pride in wiriting awful stuff about players and then havig to face them in the locker room the next day? Gallagher said some stupid things, and OMG Thornton was in a studio 3000 miles away to respond! The outrage!

Apparently the vagina-itis in Vancouver isn't confined to their hockey team. Their press corps has it as well.

It's a sad, sad circle-jerk of poor victims. They all get their whiny cues from each other.

#332 PBDWake

• 2487 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

I absolutely want to make love to that clip. It's fantastic. Fuck Gallagher, too. If you really wanted to defend yourself against Felger anyways, you'd have Mike Cameron ready to conference in.

Edited by PBDWake, 11 January 2012 - 01:45 PM.

#333 The Napkin

• wise ass al kaprielian

• 12790 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

Joe Haggerty @HackswithHaggs 28m
BTW, checked in w/"Sticks and Stones" producers. Tony Gallagher was informed before show Thornton was present in the studios & might respond

#334 Smiling Joe Hesketh

• 24817 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

This just gets better and better:

http://prohockeytalk...guides/related/

Someone in the Vancouver media ripped off all the covers all the NHL guides in the press box in Florida the other night.

The image on the cover? Chara hoisting the Cup.

Their press corps mirrors their team exactly. It's awesome.

#335 FL4WL3SS

• Mrs. Dennis Wideman

• 5817 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:13 AM

It's getting to the point where I definitely want a chance to play them in the finals, just to crush their hearts again. Nothing would be more satisfying this season.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users