Who said he was going to get Fitzgerald/CJ money? You're creating strawman arguments here. All I said was that Gronk was more valuable than Wilfork going forward.
1. We've all read, multiple times, "all you said". Since your posts are, on average, two sentences I'm figuring a couple of us have read them twice. And trust me - we ALL know you think Gronk is more valuable than Wilfork going forward. Understanding your argument is not the problem.
2. As has been repeatedly pointed out, your argument is not particularly convincing and seems to be lacking supporting evidence.
3. Understanding the money component of the "value" argument is essential to an informed discussion. And since you are correct in one very narrow way - i.e. that Gronkowski will get more money than Wilfork - it should be acknowledged. However, that victory is a technicality, for the reasons explained.
4. Speculating about what Gronkowski's contract might be seems, to me, an acceptable tangent in a discussion of his relative value and understanding his contractual peers, and providing some context, is not creating a strawman. It is a simple statement of fact; a TE is not paid like a WR, the top TE makes $8M, the top WR makes $15M, ergo, Gronk is more likely to get $9.5M or $10M.
5. Finally, as has been pointed out, your thesis statement is extremely debatable. In fact, I think you severely underrate Wilfork. Vince Wilfork has been a contender for "best interior DL in football" for a good long while now and is unquestionably the best player on a below-average defense. His value includes, but is not limited to, his on-field play, his contractual situation, his behind-the-scenes leadership, his position in the off-field activities of the franchise, etc. It's not a simple calculation. Gronkowski has some very desirable attributes and has demonstrated great skill but he is not and will not be the unquestioned most important player on an above-average offense. His primary positive attributes are his age and contractual situation. He's a wonderful player and a very entertaining chap but let's not get carried away here.