Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Rondo and the Future of the Celtics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
359 replies to this topic

Poll: Rondo and the Future of the Celtics (194 member(s) have cast votes)

What will be the outcome of the Rondo trade chatter?

1. He stays, but is a malcontent (23 votes [14.84%])

Percentage of vote: 14.84%

2. He stays, plays great with a chip on his shoulder (52 votes [33.55%])

Percentage of vote: 33.55%

3. He stays and the trade talk doesn't affect him (51 votes [32.90%])

Percentage of vote: 32.90%

4. He is traded no matter what, he can't come back at this point (15 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

5. He is traded, but only for a superstar (14 votes [9.03%])

Percentage of vote: 9.03%

Can this franchise build around Rondo?

1. Yes, he is an elite PG (17 votes [10.97%])

Percentage of vote: 10.97%

2. Yes, but he needs another star or two around him (106 votes [68.39%])

Percentage of vote: 68.39%

3. No, he's not good enough (32 votes [20.65%])

Percentage of vote: 20.65%

Post-Chris Paul- What should Danny do?

1. Just play out the year with one last run of the big 3 + Rondo (86 votes [55.48%])

Percentage of vote: 55.48%

2. Continue to push to trade Rondo in a package for a star (40 votes [25.81%])

Percentage of vote: 25.81%

3. Blow it up (29 votes [18.71%])

Percentage of vote: 18.71%

Vote

#151 Nick Kaufman

• protector of human kind from spoilers

• 8,361 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

A guy like Gasol should have a multiplying effect on the frontline while being a huge upgrade. The big hole on this team isn't Rondo, it's O'Neal and the addition of Gasol will make our interior defense insanely strong. I think the upgrade to Gasol from O'Neal is higher than the downgrade from Rondo to Bradley or whatever.

Replacing Rondo with Gasol makes sense for the Lakers as it makes them a more balanced team I think.

#152 Rudy Pemberton

• Just a string of characters

• 28,275 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

What big men are available as free agents next year? Point guards? Let's say they can trade Rondo and O'Neal for Gasol, and then able to sign Deron Williams? That sounds pretty good.

I'm intrigued by a rumor like this, it's a real challenge trade between two rivals. That's a reason why it seems really, really unlikely to me.

#153 Brickowski

• 3,629 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

Well, I'm not so sure. My guess is that the Lakers, if they trade Gasol, would prefer an EC team, while the Celtics would prefer the WC for Rondo. The chances of these two teams meeting in the finals over the next few years is slim.

Another guess would be that this rumored deal would be a backup for the Lakers if they cannot turn Bynum and Gasol into Dwight Howard.

#154 dolomite133

• everything I write, think and feel is stupid

• 5,920 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

If the Celtics trade away Rondo, what's the ceiling for talent in return? Do you think Portland considers Rondo for Batum/Felton? Do you think the C's can demand more for RR?

Edited by dolomite133, 29 February 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#155 BigSoxFan

• SoSH Member

• 11,942 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

If the Celtics trade away Rondo, what's the ceiling for talent in return? Do you think Portland considers Rondo for Batum/Felton? Do you think the C's can demand more for RR?

Why would the Celtics do that? If Batum/Filler is the best we can do for Rondo, then I don't want him traded.

#156 dolomite133

• 5,920 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

Why would the Celtics do that? If Batum/Filler is the best we can do for Rondo, then I don't want him traded.

Depends on your opinion of Batum. Some people, myself included, think he's got a pretty bright future in this league. And, basically, the Celtics are trading from a position of weakness. We have three expensive, aging Hall of Famers at the tail-end of their careers and a pass first, defensive point guard who works best when surrounded by talented offensive players. These are not top-shelf, Dwight Howard-caliber assets. However, if we are willing to gamble on emerging talents such as Batum or Evan Turner (yes, I know, I'm like a broken record with these guys), we might end up with the better player in the long run. Question is, is Danny willing to roll the dice or will he stand pat, play it safe, and simply cross-his fingers this offeseason?

Edited by dolomite133, 29 February 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#157 Brickowski

• 3,629 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

I would do Rondo for Batum and Jamal Crawford in a heartbeat. (The Blazers would probably have to throw in Craig Smith as fodder). Not Felton.

The problem with Batum is keeping him, because he's an up-and-comer and will be a restricted free agent next year.

#158 dolomite133

• 5,920 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

I would do Rondo for Batum and Jamal Crawford in a heartbeat. (The Blazers would probably have to throw in Craig Smith as fodder). Not Felton.

The problem with Batum is keeping him, because he's an up-and-comer and will be a restricted free agent next year.

Well, we'll have to pay somebody next year, I'd rather it be Batum than Free Agent X. Looks like Batum's qualifying offer next year is $3.1M and, if he's restricted, we can either match offers or let him walk.

I don't see Portland trading away Batum AND Crawford, though. And Felton is expiring so we can either take him or leave him next offseason.

#159 Brickowski

• 3,629 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

But Jamal Crawford is Tommy's kind of player. He and Batum don't seem like too much to pay for an all-star point guard.

Edited by Brickowski, 29 February 2012 - 04:19 PM.

#160 dolomite133

• 5,920 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

But Jamal Crawford is Tommy's kind of player. He and Batum don't seem like too much to pay for an all-star point guard.

Well, if we could get both Crawford and Batum, that would be pretty great.

#161 Kutcher Era Youth

• 128 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

Crawford is a journeyman 6th man going on 32 years old going to a team that just traded away their only good player in his prime. How does he change anything at all?

#162 dolomite133

• 5,920 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

Crawford is a journeyman 6th man going on 32 years old going to a team that just traded away their only good player in his prime. How does he change anything at all?

Well, if we were to somehow keep him, he could replace Ray Allen, should Ray decide to hang it up. Or he could split time with Ray at the two if Ray stays.

#163 Brickowski

• 3,629 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

He provides scoring for the second unit and his deal is modest and relatively short.

#164 BigSoxFan

• SoSH Member

• 11,942 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

Depends on your opinion of Batum. Some people, myself included, think he's got a pretty bright future in this league. And, basically, the Celtics are trading from a position of weakness. We have three expensive, aging Hall of Famers at the tail-end of their careers and a pass first, defensive point guard who works best when surrounded by talented offensive players. These are not top-shelf, Dwight Howard-caliber assets. However, if we are willing to gamble on emerging talents such as Batum or Evan Turner (yes, I know, I'm like a broken record with these guys), we might end up with the better player in the long run. Question is, is Danny willing to roll the dice or will he stand pat, play it safe, and simply cross-his fingers this offeseason?

I like Batum and think he's a nice player but what really is his upside? I see him as a nice complementary piece on a championship team. Just take a look at Portland. They have a building block player in Aldridge, Batum, and other decent pieces and they're treading .500 water. I'd probably rather just trade Rondo for a guy like Gasol and try to squeeze out a couple more years before going into full rebuild mode.

Now, if you can get a guy like Batum AND a pick for Rondo, then that changes everything for me.

#165 Statman

• 593 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

This rumor is from Chris Broussard so take what you will from it. I have never found him too credible.

Anyways, he says that "Boston is aggressively shopping Rondo..."

The Celtics find Rondo's personality to be too high-maintenance and his clashes with coach Doc Rivers continue. With the Celtics having realized they are no longer title contenders, they don't believe the payoff is worth the headaches Rondo brings, sources say.

http://espn.go.com/b...boston/celtics/

#166 dolomite133

• 5,920 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

Saw a rumor on Hoopshype of Jermaine for Beasley. Who was the guy on here that said the Celtics should acquire Beasley? Looks like he might get his wish.

#167 dolomite133

• 5,920 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

I like Batum and think he's a nice player but what really is his upside? I see him as a nice complementary piece on a championship team. Just take a look at Portland. They have a building block player in Aldridge, Batum, and other decent pieces and they're treading .500 water. I'd probably rather just trade Rondo for a guy like Gasol and try to squeeze out a couple more years before going into full rebuild mode.

Now, if you can get a guy like Batum AND a pick for Rondo, then that changes everything for me.

I dunno. He's an emerging 23-year-old small forward with very good field goal, three point and free throw shooting percentages. I think he could be a future all-star. Maybe not a perennial all star, but an occasional all-star at least.

#168 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15,537 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

I wonder how many of these Rondo leaks come from other organizations trying to bring down the price. Probably all of them I suppose, seeing as they all say how shittygoddamnawful he is.

I would take Beasley provided that they don't give up anything of value for him. No 1st rounders and none of the young guys.

#169 Reardons Beard

• 1,047 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

Saw a rumor on Hoopshype of Jermaine for Beasley. Who was the guy on here that said the Celtics should acquire Beasley? Looks like he might get his wish.

That was probably me. I'd been pushing for a Beasley deal...also for more than JO.

If he can make it happen - that would be fan-tas-tic.

Edited by Reardons Beard, 29 February 2012 - 06:50 PM.

#170 Kutcher Era Youth

• 128 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

I'd bet the deal would be more like Ray for Beasley and filler. JO makes no sense. He brings nothing to the table. Oh, and I'd make the Ray/Beasley swap in a heartbeat. I wouldn't object to offering a 5 yr 40 mil deal in the offseason. I think at his floor he's still a servicable 6th man.And that's his floor.

#171 Reardons Beard

• 1,047 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

I found my earlier post on MB from another thread. Still pretty relevant:

The guy I want to go and get is in Minny and can play the three or the four.

Michael Beasley.

Loved the offensive explosion last year. Kid played in Fitchburg for a season during high school and, when properly motivated, can takeover a game.

How do we make it happen? I don't know - but if we're looking for that post Big Three fixture to pair with Rondo, an aging Pierce, and a young core this is the guy I would want on my team. Still only 22 but has big league experience, seasoning, and if you put him under the right conditions this will continue to be a playoff team - granted there are other gaps they'll have to fill...plus Minny has a logjam at SF and PF so maybe there's room to make it happen.

And by the way: Doc knows he can play.

#172 dolomite133

• 5,920 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

Found this via Hoopshype....

Boston is aggressively shopping Rondo, according to sources. The Celtics find Rondo's personality to be too high-maintenance and his clashes with coach Doc Rivers continue. With the Celtics having realized they are no longer title contenders, they don't believe the payoff is worth the headaches Rondo brings, sources say. And they do not want to build around him. ESPN.com

Edited by dolomite133, 29 February 2012 - 10:38 PM.

#173 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30,161 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7631850/boston-celtics-aggressively-trying-trade-guard-rajon-rondo

In December, the Celtics had discussions with Golden State about a Stephen Curry-for-Rondo deal, and one source says it was Golden State that decided against pulling the trigger. But Curry's recent ankle injuries, which have caused him several problems in his short career, have given the Celtics pause.
The potential trade is still being discussed by Boston's braintrust, but they aren't sure they want to go forward with it. It also isn't clear whether the Warriors would be willing to do it. Other players would have to be thrown in to make it work financially.

#174 Grin&MartyBarret

• 3,368 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

That's pretty interesting. Even with the ankle issues, the Celtics should be all over that if the opportunity arises.

Meanwhile, it seems like Golden State is going to be in the middle of everything over the next two weeks. There's been rumors about them and JaVale McGee, them and Dwight Howard, and rumors that the Magic are trying to get Monta Ellis as a means of placating Howard.

#175 ivanvamp

• one campus at a time..

• 4,414 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

Wow, straight up? Can't imagine a world where the Celtics would say no to that at this point. Jermaine O'Neal offers them virtually nothing moving forward. Beasley hasn't lived up to his potential yet, but geez, he's still really young and last year averaged 19.2 points a game. He definitely has ability.

#176 Brickowski

• 3,629 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

Ray Allen for Beasley and Darko would make more sense. The Wolvers need a sniper like Ray and the Celtics need a center. Why would the Wolves trade Beasley for nothing? Even with Love's extension, they appear to be in decent shape cap-wise.

As for Rondo, Laker sycophant Chris Broussard is doing everything he can to destroy Rondo's market value, which leads me to believe that the Lakers are interested-- but not for Gasol. Unfortunately they have nothing of value other than Kobe, Bynum and Gasol.

#177 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 16,433 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

Rondo for Curry would be awesome. It would clear almost 7 million in cap space for this summer.....

#178 ivanvamp

• one campus at a time..

• 4,414 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

Rondo for Curry would be awesome. It would clear almost 7 million in cap space for this summer.....

ESPN's NBA Trade Machine says that it can't work straight-up. So I threw in Kwame Brown and Stiemsma to make it match. Yeah, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

#179 Morning Woodhead

• 738 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

I'm not sure I understand this from Golden State's point of view. Curry is a much better asset even with the ankle issues. We know Jackson wants the Warrior's to be a defense first team, I suppose Rondo would help that, but I still don't get this from their point of view. I sure as hell hope it happens though.

#180 Grin&MartyBarret

• 3,368 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

I'm not sure I understand this from Golden State's point of view. Curry is a much better asset even with the ankle issues. We know Jackson wants the Warrior's to be a defense first team, I suppose Rondo would help that, but I still don't get this from their point of view. I sure as hell hope it happens though.

The report basically said that Golden State said no, but the Celtics are still hoping it happens, even though there's no indication Golden State will change their mind.

#181 Brickowski

• 3,629 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

I would not do that. I'm not a big fan of undersized shooting guards like Curry, Ben Gordon, Mo Williams etc. Also, GS has no pick this year. Utah has it.

What I would propose is Rondo and the Clippers' pick for Devin Harris and Golden State's pick. Use Rondo to get into the lottery. Alternatively I would offer Rondo for Harris and Enes Kanter, but I doubt if Utah would do that.

#182 OttoC

• SoSH Member

• 7,388 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

I think getting rid of Ainge and his propensity for getting old, one-the-downside, over-the hill, injury-prone players and replacing him with a GM that realizes the core of the team needs to be young, fresh legs would do a lot more for the team than trading Rajon Rondo. Of course, that would need to be accompanied by getting a new coaching staff.

#183 wutang112878

• SoSH Member

• 5,615 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

I think getting rid of Ainge and his propensity for getting old, one-the-downside, over-the hill, injury-prone players and replacing him with a GM that realizes the core of the team needs to be young, fresh legs would do a lot more for the team than trading Rajon Rondo. Of course, that would need to be accompanied by getting a new coaching staff.

I think Danny has 2 modes in terms of building the Celts, its either development or maximize title chances. So in the days prior to the Big3 he was in development mode and was trying to develop as many young guys as possible so he would have assets he could trade. Post-Big3 the reason the bench of the roster is mainly vets is to maximize the teams title chances. Its very, very hard to develop a kid like say Bradley who isnt going to ever get more than 20min a game while also chasing a trophy. And I think this is one of the big reasons he traded for Jeff Green, because he was a kid that had not played his best basketball yet and could have bought some time for all of the BIg3 to rest.

I dont think we disagree that much though because I wish he went into tear it down and start over mode a while ago, and I hope it does it by the deadline.

#184 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15,537 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

He didn't have the draft position to acquire top young talent or the cap space to do anything but sign vets for the minimum or the MLE. He wasn't perfect in the last five years but blaming him for not putting a young team on the floor sounds like you're saying you wish the team was in a 26 year draught instead of a four year draught.

#185 nighthob

• 2,873 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

Why would the Wolves trade Beasley for nothing?

Because Derrick Williams is better. But they're not getting anything for Beasley because he's essentially an unrestricted free agent this summer (his cap hold is so large that no one's making him a qualifying offer). So anyone trading for Beasley is essentially trading for 30 games of offensive production. And that just doesn't get you very much in the NBA.

#186 Brickowski

• 3,629 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

I believe the Celtics could decline the qualifying offer and then use their cap space to sign him for less than the QO.

Edited by Brickowski, 01 March 2012 - 02:02 PM.

#187 nighthob

• 2,873 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

Right, and that's what anyone would try to do. However, as I said that means that Beasley's a de facto UFA, because no one's going to tender the QO. And that's why he has no trade value, because the only way to maintain a right to match is to make a gigantic QO, which isn't happening. So Minnesota's going to have to give up their dreams of getting anything more than a second round pick for him because they're not getting anything more than that for a 30 game rental of a space cadet.

#188 NWsoxophile

• 1,637 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

I dunno. He's an emerging 23-year-old small forward with very good field goal, three point and free throw shooting percentages. I think he could be a future all-star. Maybe not a perennial all star, but an occasional all-star at least.

I live in Portland and follow the team closely. The Trailblazer front office loves Batum. He has been off the table in every trade discussion since they swapped for him on draft day. He's not going anywhere. Portland could still be a viable trade partner for Boston though. Felton is having an awful year in Portland. I've never been a big fan of his but I think he's a better player than he has shown this season. He seems to be a terrible fit in Nate Mcmillan's system and has no chemistry with his teammates. Even if he didn't play any better in Boston, he has an expiring contract and so offers some value in that regard. Portland could throw in Oden's expiring contract, and someone like Elliiott Williams as well. Williams is a high flyer who has played pretty well when given time. He would give Boston a jolt of athleticism on the wing. So- a decent (maybe) veteran point guard to finish out the season,$9 million in expiring contracts, and an athletic young wing man with good upside for Rondo?
There's also Gerald Wallace, whose contract would allow him to be traded for Rondo straight up. That wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for Boston other than as part of a three team trade. Wallace has also indicated that he will opt out after this season and should be attractive for many teams. Portland can't keep both him and Batum, and most everyone in Portland assumes Batum will be staying. There seems to be several options for a Rondo to Portland deal. I'm sure Portland would jump on it. Rondo would be a great fit, and Portland fans would deify him just for sparing them a half season of watching Felton, who they have come to truly loathe.

#189 TheDeuce222

• 227 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

If Ainge trade Rondo for Ray Felton and his expiring contract, Elliot Williams, and Greg Oden's expiring contract, he should be shot on site. Felton came in out-of-shape and has been absolutely horrible for the Blazers this year. Look, I get that Rondo's value is down because of his attitude. But he is a three-time all star, he still has a useful cap-friendly contract, he can still be a triple double waiting to happen, and he would be absolutely PERFECT for the Blazers.

Felton, Oden and Williams are worth very little - that trade really leaves you with nothing if you're the Celtics other than a reasonable facsimile of a decent point guard for the rest of this year and a wing and a prayer that Williams turns into a useful player. At the very least, the Celtics should be able to get Portland's first round pick in any deal with them. Just think Williams has very, very little value at this point. He has been in the league for two years, played zero minutes in 10-11 after hurting his knee, and has averaged like 6 minutes a game this year. If the Elliott Williams Hail Mary plus Ray Felton's expiring deal is all Rajon Rondo is worth at this point, I would be absolutely blown away.

#190 Brickowski

• 3,629 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

The Celtics don't have to trade Rondo. He hasn't asked for a trade-- in fact he's said repeatedly that he wants to stay in Boston-- and he's signed for reasonable money over the long term. He's 25 years old, not some fading veteran. Ainge isn't going to relinquish him for a bag of garbage. The Celtics are in control here. No Batum, no Rondo.

Let me add that Rondo is healthy. No knee procedures to my knowledge.

Edited by Brickowski, 01 March 2012 - 07:54 PM.

#191 nighthob

• 2,873 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

I live in Portland and follow the team closely. The Trailblazer front office loves Batum. He has been off the table in every trade discussion since they swapped for him on draft day. He's not going anywhere. Portland could still be a viable trade partner for Boston though. Felton is having an awful year in Portland. I've never been a big fan of his but I think he's a better player than he has shown this season. He seems to be a terrible fit in Nate Mcmillan's system and has no chemistry with his teammates. Even if he didn't play any better in Boston, he has an expiring contract and so offers some value in that regard. Portland could throw in Oden's expiring contract, and someone like Elliiott Williams as well. Williams is a high flyer who has played pretty well when given time. He would give Boston a jolt of athleticism on the wing. So- a decent (maybe) veteran point guard to finish out the season,$9 million in expiring contracts, and an athletic young wing man with good upside for Rondo?
There's also Gerald Wallace, whose contract would allow him to be traded for Rondo straight up. That wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for Boston other than as part of a three team trade. Wallace has also indicated that he will opt out after this season and should be attractive for many teams. Portland can't keep both him and Batum, and most everyone in Portland assumes Batum will be staying. There seems to be several options for a Rondo to Portland deal. I'm sure Portland would jump on it. Rondo would be a great fit, and Portland fans would deify him just for sparing them a half season of watching Felton, who they have come to truly loathe.

If Portland isn't willing to give up something to get something, and I agree with you that they won't because they overvalue their own kids, then Portland fans are just going to have to accept that LMA's best years are going to be spent toiling for an also-ran. (This isn't in reference to Rondo in particular, but just a general observation that they always hold on to their kids too long.)

#192 DeJesus Built My Hotrod

• SoSH Member

• 10,289 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

Well, if we were to somehow keep him, he could replace Ray Allen, should Ray decide to hang it up. Or he could split time with Ray at the two if Ray stays.

Jamal Crawford? You mean the basketball embodiment of a singularity? Please no... If any of the Big3 were still on the team with him, he'd be dead within two games.

#193 BucketOBalls

• SoSH Member

• 5,644 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

Doc says no talk of Rondo deal.

Generally speaking, I don't think you make the Celtics better by dealing rondo. No team that can use him is going to have picks that are worth anything and if you used him as part of a deal to get a better player I can't image why said player would resign with the Celtics. For all his flaws, he has one of the better dollars/value ratios of any player not on a rookie contact.

#194 nighthob

• 2,873 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

Generally speaking, I don't think you make the Celtics better by dealing rondo.

If you're razing the roster, keeping him demolishes what's left of his value. If you're intending on trying to reload, he's the only tradable asset left. That's why.

#195 SoxFanInPdx

• 1,707 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

If Portland isn't willing to give up something to get something, and I agree with you that they won't because they overvalue their own kids, then Portland fans are just going to have to accept that LMA's best years are going to be spent toiling for an also-ran. (This isn't in reference to Rondo in particular, but just a general observation that they always hold on to their kids too long.)

Very, very true. As much as I like Batum, I'd trade him in a heartbeat for Rondo. The Blazers haven't had an elite point guard since, well, ever. In the league you need one. Felton is awful and the team is hovering around .500

Especially in the West with Paul, Parker, Westbrook, Evans. I'd do this deal if I were Portland. For the Celtics to put him on the block makes me think he doesn't want to be there.

#196 Brickowski

• 3,629 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

Well, according to Ainge Rondo's not on the block. Same thing he said when the CP3 rumors were floating around.

#197 Grin&MartyBarret

• 3,368 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

From what I've read, it sounds like Ainge shopped Rondo and that his reputation has seriously depleted his value, so now Ainge and Doc are backtracking as best they can to try and make Rondo feel loved again.

I feel like this has happened before?

#198 BigSoxFan

• SoSH Member

• 11,942 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

From what I've read, it sounds like Ainge shopped Rondo and that his reputation has seriously depleted his value, so now Ainge and Doc are backtracking as best they can to try and make Rondo feel loved again.

I feel like this has happened before?

Rondo is the new Antoine.

#199 Kutcher Era Youth

• 128 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

Rondo is the new Antoine.

I thought he was hinting at Pierce.

#200 Grin&MartyBarret

• 3,368 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

I thought he was hinting at Pierce.

Nope, just pointing out that talking about trading Rondo and then heading to the media to talk about how much they love Rondo is an annual thing for Ainge and Doc.