Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Does Soriano opt out?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Doctor G

• 1876 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:59 AM

Considering the great season that Robertson had, and the likelihood that Yankee management sees him as Rivera's probable successor, do you think Soriano will exercise his opt out clause.
His chance to be a closer in NY seems to be a longshot at best.

#2 BucketOBalls

• SoSH Member

• 5644 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:43 AM

Considering the great season that Robertson had, and the likelihood that Yankee management sees him as Rivera's probable successor, do you think Soriano will exercise his opt out clause.
His chance to be a closer in NY seems to be a longshot at best.

His chances of getting anything close to 11.6M after putting up an ERA+ of 108 also seem like a longshot. He would be a fool to opt out. He also may think that if he has a good year, he could be in the closer mix, as Marino has to retire sometime, right, right?

They may WANT him to opt out, but I can't see any reason he would do so.

#3 jon abbey

• Shanghai Warrior

• 16580 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:35 AM

He'd be opting out of a 2/23.5 deal after the buyout, I would think it's exceedingly unlikely.

#4 Average Reds

• SoSH Member

• 9959 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:01 PM

No chance he opts out. None.

#5 Tyrone Biggums

• nfl meets tri-annually at a secret country mansion in colorado,

• 3435 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

No chance he opts out. None.

#wishfulthinking

#6 melonbag

• 133 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:58 PM

Zero chance. Boras is frantically calling around to see if there is a market. Actually, I thought there was no chance that JD Drew was going to opt out of his contract with the Dodgers. He did and received a raise from Boston.

#7 jon abbey

• Shanghai Warrior

• 16580 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:52 PM

"As expected, Rafael Soriano is not going to opt out. Nothing is official yet, but there is no way Soriano is going to beat the $11 million the Yankees will pay him next year and the $14 million who is scheduled to pick up in 2013 on the open market. So Soriano will be the seventh or eighth inning guy next season."

http://espn.go.com/b...-kuroda-soriano

#8 Brickowski

• 3594 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:35 PM

If in a fit of lunacy Soriano does opt out, Brad Lidge might be a decent replacement.