Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

SOSH

OK we're back on our main server.  It was taking a super long time to move *everything* back just to save a day's worth of messages.  I've been at this all day now and need to get back to my real job so.,... sorry.  Working on a better plan in case this happens again.  nip

Photo

Frank Montas

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ClutchCarl13

• 33 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

From Sox Prospect's description of him, he looks super intriguing, only 18 and can hit 100 on the radar gun, got sent to fall instrux, is now 33 on sox prospects

#2 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30160 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

SP added a scouting report on him today:

Scouting Report: Sturdy pitching frame, with strong lower body. Throws from a 3/4 arm slot. Four-seam fastball operates 96-100 mph. Shows late tail in lower reaches of velocity and ride in the upper reaches. Can be straight at times. Exceptional arm strength. Below-average command and control. Tends to jerk his head off target and is a bit long in the back with arm action. Also throws mid-80s slider, but presently lacks tilt and depth. Flat on approach to the plate. Potential to refine pitch into an average-to-better offering. Very rough and raw on the mound. Just learning how to pitch. Power arm potential.

http://soxprospects.com/players/montas-francelis.htm

#3 jsinger121

• @jsinger121

• 9642 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

Saw him pitch 3 simulated innings last week in Fort Myers. Great velocity. 94-97. Can get up in the mid 90's with very little effort. He is built in his legs. Control and command need to be more sharp and has a decent slider and threw a change as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users