Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

4G Android phone megathread

2558 replies to this topic

#2551 Corsi

• isn't shy about blowing his wad early

• 10,077 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:33 PM

Yep, mine is here Monday as well. You guys go with the metallic or ballistic nylon back?

I tested all in the store today and surprisingly liked the black metallic the best. For some reason the red metallic was a lot more slippery than the black.
I love the look of the nylon, but didn't love how it felt in hand and I have questions about its durability. It also makes the phone marginally thicker.

The screen on the thing is absolutely gorgeous.

#2552 Fratboy

• Mr. MENsa

• 12,072 posts

Posted Today, 10:13 AM

Stellar reviews from phone arena.

I got the 64 GB, so it's got the black nylon. I'm beyond thrilled with the loyalty smartphone plan, and the other perks (no upgrade or activation fees, plus $100 trade in) just make this an incredibly attractive offer. I suppose I could sell my other devices too, but this makes it easy. Hope they'll take my Droid X!

#2553 Fratboy

• Mr. MENsa

• 12,072 posts

Posted Today, 10:14 AM

Now if they'd had red nylon, or 64 gb in red, I'd have been all over that. The red is just beyond stunning.

#2554 Seven Costanza

• Fred Astaire of SoSH

• 2,291 posts

Posted Today, 11:27 AM

Seeing a report on Gizmodo about the battery not living up to Verizon's two day hype...

/trolling Foulkey

#2555 Foulkey Reese

• foulkiavelli

• 20,186 posts

Posted Today, 11:27 AM

If 2 days means 1 legit day I'll be thrilled.

#2556 PortlandSoxFan

• Father of Idontgiveafuckism

• 5,855 posts

Posted Today, 12:40 PM

Still going with the Nexus 6.  Annoyed that the 'presale' on Google lasted about 30 seconds.

#2557 Corsi

• 10,077 posts

Posted Today, 01:17 PM

If 2 days means 1 legit day I'll be thrilled.

Exactly.  I don't need 2 day battery life.  But I begin to feel like a junky jonesing for a fix when my battery drops below 25% before sunset. 

I mean, I sleep in a bed with a wall outlet every night.  I don't need 2 day battery life.  I haven't camped since I was six.

#2558 Corsi

• 10,077 posts

Posted Today, 01:18 PM

Now if they'd had red nylon, or 64 gb in red, I'd have been all over that. The red is just beyond stunning.

The red really is gorgeous, no denying that.  I went with black because I'm boring.

#2559 FL4WL3SS

• Mrs. Dennis Wideman

• 6,271 posts

Posted Today, 02:11 PM

Still going with the Nexus 6.  Annoyed that the 'presale' on Google lasted about 30 seconds.

Yes, me too.

I think they're trying to sell most of their phones through carriers.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users