Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

SOSH

OK we're back on our main server.  It was taking a super long time to move *everything* back just to save a day's worth of messages.  I've been at this all day now and need to get back to my real job so.,... sorry.  Working on a better plan in case this happens again.  nip

Photo

Trade Deadline 2006

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
706 replies to this topic

#701 OCD SS

• SoSH Member

• 6809 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:15 PM

How much sense does Shealy make for the Sox? If they're not going to give Choi a shot off the bench then it would make some sense (and keep Papi from injuring himself in the field).

The Sox can expect a downturn from Lowell and "resting" him more often by going with a Youks/Lowell/Sheally 3B-1B platoon would lessen the offensive impact, not to mention helping keep Youks fresh.

I'd rather have Tavarez than King, but if the Sox aren't covering his salary then I have no problem with this as a move that would keep Tavarez off the roster in '07. It would also allow the Sox to move Lowell at a later date (either right at the deadline or in the offseason) without being held hostage in a deal to find Lowell's replacement (the Damon problem).

#702 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30160 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:19 PM

The Pirates likely have fallen from the pack of teams trying to pry 1B Ryan Shealy from Colorado. The Rockies are believed to be seeking a young relief pitcher for Shealy, but the Pirates are unwilling to pay that price, especially in the form of rookie RHP Matt Capps.

http://www.pittsburg...s/s_462970.html

#703 Guest_Corsi Combover_*

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:22 PM

Would Edgar Martinez be worth the price?

#704 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 14462 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:28 PM

The Rangers are targeting Diamondbacks left fielder Luis Gonzalez, but have yet to make an offer good enough for the D-Backs to ask Gonzalez to waive his no-trade clause.

The Braves asked about Rockies Class AAA lefty Steve Collyer, possibly offering right-hander Jorge Sosa. But the Rockies might need Collyer to replace Ray King, whom they nearly traded last week to the Red Sox for right-hander Julian Tavarez.

Rosenthal

#705 Soxfan in Fla

• SoSH Member

• 5309 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:40 PM

I just wish the Lowell trade stuff would get canned. He is an excellent defensive 3B and has hit pretty well this season. This defense is incredible and a major reason why the Sox are 59-36. Lets not start moving people around the diamond.

#706 Fratboy

• Mr. MENsa

• 11850 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 02:34 PM

Since we have two shiny new trading threads, what's supposed to happen with this one?

#707 Cuzittt

• Bouncing with Anger

• 16141 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 02:50 PM

Since we have two shiny new trading threads, what's supposed to happen with this one?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It gets closed.

-Brandon