Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Trade Deadline 2006

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
706 replies to this topic

#701 OCD SS

• SoSH Member

• 6,902 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:15 PM

How much sense does Shealy make for the Sox? If they're not going to give Choi a shot off the bench then it would make some sense (and keep Papi from injuring himself in the field).

The Sox can expect a downturn from Lowell and "resting" him more often by going with a Youks/Lowell/Sheally 3B-1B platoon would lessen the offensive impact, not to mention helping keep Youks fresh.

I'd rather have Tavarez than King, but if the Sox aren't covering his salary then I have no problem with this as a move that would keep Tavarez off the roster in '07. It would also allow the Sox to move Lowell at a later date (either right at the deadline or in the offseason) without being held hostage in a deal to find Lowell's replacement (the Damon problem).

#702 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30,164 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:19 PM

The Pirates likely have fallen from the pack of teams trying to pry 1B Ryan Shealy from Colorado. The Rockies are believed to be seeking a young relief pitcher for Shealy, but the Pirates are unwilling to pay that price, especially in the form of rookie RHP Matt Capps.

http://www.pittsburg...s/s_462970.html

#703 Guest_Corsi Combover_*

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:22 PM

Would Edgar Martinez be worth the price?

#704 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 17,370 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:28 PM

The Rangers are targeting Diamondbacks left fielder Luis Gonzalez, but have yet to make an offer good enough for the D-Backs to ask Gonzalez to waive his no-trade clause.

The Braves asked about Rockies Class AAA lefty Steve Collyer, possibly offering right-hander Jorge Sosa. But the Rockies might need Collyer to replace Ray King, whom they nearly traded last week to the Red Sox for right-hander Julian Tavarez.

Rosenthal

#705 Soxfan in Fla

• SoSH Member

• 5,540 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 01:40 PM

I just wish the Lowell trade stuff would get canned. He is an excellent defensive 3B and has hit pretty well this season. This defense is incredible and a major reason why the Sox are 59-36. Lets not start moving people around the diamond.

#706 Fratboy

• Mr. MENsa

• 12,145 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 02:34 PM

Since we have two shiny new trading threads, what's supposed to happen with this one?

#707 Cuzittt

• Bouncing with Anger

• 17,394 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 02:50 PM

Since we have two shiny new trading threads, what's supposed to happen with this one?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It gets closed.

-Brandon