Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

The Dutch League - all news regarding Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV, oh yeah there are some other teams as filler too.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#1 Verryfunny2

• 389 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:23 AM

I saw the dutch league doesnt have a thread, here we can discuss all the in's and out's of the birthplace of total football and the next Van der Vaart, Sneijder or Van der Sar.

#2 Verryfunny2

• 389 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:30 AM

This one is for Tony the Pony. http://nieuws.nl.msn...-bij-feyenoord. Loose translation, Mario Been has quit as trainer of Feyenoord when 20 out of 23 players didnt have confidence in him anymore.

No replacement named yet. Perhaps van Hanegem is available :)

#3 Spacemans Bong

• chapeau rose

• 16407 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:50 AM

Don't forget Twente! Though they are slowly getting picked apart with Theo Janssen going to Ajax.

#4 Verryfunny2

• 389 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:36 PM

Twente had a good last couple of years. I just have a feeling the wheels will come of the bus in this season. Feyenoord looks like they are in real trouble, not being able to invest in new players and the coach getting booted in the preperation by the players. PSV got a boost when the local goverment gave them the Real Madrid treament by buying the grounds. Still they havent invested heavily into players and they lost their catalyst dzsudzsak. Right now it seems like its going to be the season Ajax gets dominant again. Otherwise the teams in all are pretty equal and most big teams lose some points to the smaller teams.

#5 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3124 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:00 PM

This one is for Tony the Pony. http://nieuws.nl.msn...-bij-feyenoord. Loose translation, Mario Been has quit as trainer of Feyenoord when 20 out of 23 players didnt have confidence in him anymore.

13 out of 18, but OK...

What a mess. Time to take off the gloves and clean house.

#6 Verryfunny2

• 389 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:12 AM

Well with Martin van Geel at the helm, im not sure they will clean house.

Louis van Gaal turned them down. Well that they had the nerve to ask had me chuckling. Conversation goes something like this "So Louis, for old times sake, come coach Feyenoord. No we can't pay you, no you can't get any other players. What you say no to such a great offer. Well if you change youre mind i will be here".

The dutch trainers pool is pretty thin, so they have to look abroad, which will cost money which they dont have. Or they go old school with one of the veteran dutch trainers without a job. And most of them deserve being without work, or go with a young guy and hope they catch lightning in a bottle. Rough times for Feyenoord fans for sure.

#7 AusTexSoxFan

• 1994 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

I may be missing something but why hasn't Frank Rijkaard gotten a look at a Eredivisie job? Gotta think it would be better than coaching the Saudis.

#8 Spacemans Bong

• chapeau rose

• 16407 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:20 PM

Just an educated guess here, but I suspect money is a big reason why. Saudis pay, a smaller club like de Graafschap or den Haag don't.

Sounds like Ronald Koeman is taking over Feyenoord. He's still young and had some success at PSV, but not the most inspired pick.

#9 Verryfunny2

• 389 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:41 PM

Not sure what the Rijkaard angle is. He was coach of the national team, the coach of Sparta who relegated and then 4/5 seasons with Barcalona. Saudies seems for the money, not sure Rijkaard realy wants to coach a team. Think Ajax has been calling some times the last couple of years, if he doesnt want that there isnt another team in the dutch league Rijkaard would want to coach.

Pfff Koeman, dont think Tony will be happy with that. Koeman had a couple of disasters the last couple of years. So he needs some succes or his coachingcareer could be over. Last job at Valencia was a trainwreck from start to finish.

#10 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3124 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:17 AM

Fuckin Koeman.

Loyalty in the flesh. The only guy in the world to both play for and coach Feyenoord, PSV and ajax. He's not a coach that makes players better, which is what Feyenoord needs with all those youngsters. Contract for just one year, exit Koeman and the job will be Gio's! ;-)

#11 Verryfunny2

• 389 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:04 PM

Koeman has the making of a beautiful trainwreck, its only for one year but if they go 1 out of 4 or worse its going to get ugly fast. Gio's first coaching experience should be in the Jupiler league anyways. Not sure if a guy with no coaching experience whatsoever could make a good coach. De Boer got his feet wet with the dutch squad, most other dutch coaches work their way up.

Hope he gets a better reception than this. http://www.nusport.n...0894/popup.html

#12 Spacemans Bong

• chapeau rose

• 16407 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:15 AM

Ajax looking very good at the moment. De Graafschap gave them half an hour's worth of effort before going down 4-1 (really nice Theo Janssen free kick) and Ajax were far too good for Heerenveen, winning 5-1. Sulejmani and van der Wiel's goals were particularly good.

It's hardly a surprise since he's been arguably the best player in the country for the last two years but Theo Janssen is proving a success for Ajax and the choice of him as captain of a fairly young, inexperienced team is looking inspired.

#13 Verryfunny2

• 389 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:01 AM

Club played win draw loss Points g.for. g.ag.
1 FC Twente 6 5 0 1 15 18 6
2 AZ 6 5 0 1 15 16 4
3 Ajax 6 4 2 0 14 20 9
4 Feyenoord 6 4 2 0 14 15 4
5 PSV 6 3 2 1 11 16 9
6 Vitesse 6 3 1 2 10 12 9
7 RKC Waalwijk 6 3 1 2 10 8 6
8 FC Utrecht 6 2 3 1 9 11 9
9 sc Heerenveen 6 2 2 2 8 12 14
10 FC Groningen 6 2 1 3 7 9 12
11 NEC 6 2 1 3 7 7 10
12 Heracles Almelo 6 1 3 2 6 10 11
13 Roda JC Kerkrade6 2 0 4 6 5 15
14 De Graafschap 6 1 2 3 5 5 14
15 NAC Breda 6 1 1 4 4 7 11
16 ADO Den Haag 6 1 1 4 4 7 13
17 VVV-Venlo 6 0 3 3 3 6 16
18 Excelsior 6 0 1 5 1 4 16

after 6 matches the top 4 is seperated by 1 point. Not many big matches played, allthough PSV - Ajax lived up to its billing and delivered a great match with a 2-2 both coaches were dissapointed in. RKC has been a pleaseant suprise for a promovendus. Feyenoord has been playing okay but havent faced any stiff oposition in the standings they played numbers 18/13/12/9/15/14 drawing against Heerenveen and Heracles. This week will give the first real challenge with AZ. Ajax has gotten a rough deal with the schedulers with PSV then Twente and Real Madrid next CL match.

Edited by Verryfunny2, 22 September 2011 - 11:40 AM.

#14 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3124 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

Alright; ajaks - Feyenoord tomorrow.

It's been a bit of a turbulent start of the season for both clubs, with the fans of Feyenoord protesting against the cockmonkeys in the boardroom and ajaks not winning for a few weeks in a row.

AZ plays the best football and is top of the table. Twente and PSV follow, and Feyenoord is one point ahead of ajaks.

Of course, what should be one the highlights on this season's schedule is fucked up by a 12.30 kick-off and a ban for away supporters. This morning was the last practice before the match, and the atmosphere at the amateur park will undoubtedly be much better than during the match tomorrow in that sorry excuse for a football stadium outside of Amsterdam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poW3p9S00VA&feature=feedu

#15 Verryfunny2

• 389 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:02 AM

I will be watching. Could be an interesting match. Last win of Feyenoord was in the season 2005/2006. These games rarely end in a draw. Both teams have a lot to play for, Ajax wants to get a result to keep up in the league, Feyenoord needs to prove it can play with the big boys.

The riots were about the worst i have seen ever. A big loss could be a catalyst for some big riots in Rotterdam.

#16 Spacemans Bong

• chapeau rose

• 16407 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:29 AM

Crazy game yesterday.

One week after finally getting off the schneid with a win over Roda JC, Ajax scored 4 goals against Utrecht. Problem is they conceded six, including three in five minutes.

Vermeer looked very dodgy, coming way off his line twice and having balls sail over his head for goals.

AZ are 11 points ahead of Ajax, who have only won five games out of 12, and six ahead of Twente and PSV. Jozy scored yesterday, his 4th in 12 games (second on the team), as they beat ADO Den Haag systemically 3-0.

#17 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3124 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:20 PM

This had nothing to do with Dutch football, but I'm too lazy to start a new topic

So I have been getting a few texts and emails from friends that went to see Red Star Belgrade - Partizan Belgrade because there's no way they can a ticket for RKC - Feyenoord, and from what Ive heard and seen it's been an incredible trip and the Belgrade derby is likely to become a (semi?) annual staple as football Bash destination.

I know there's s few Euro-based people here, and I'd like to do Belgrade next time, too. Little SoSH Bash next year?

#18 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3124 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:43 PM

Dutch Cup game was suspended today. Ajaks - AZ. Ajaks fan attacks the AZ keeper, gets kicked, keeper gets a red card and the entire AZ team steps off the field. What a bunch of clowns...

#19 Billy R Ford

• douchebag q momfingerer

• 696 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:06 PM

Jozy Altidore's twitter :lol::

Estaban!!! Estaban!!! Estaban!!! #AZ

I'm surprised the red card was apparently within the laws of the game- seems pretty harsh to send off a player who was defending himself.

#20 Mr. Wednesday

• 785 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:16 PM

The red card is allowed, but it's debatable whether it was appropriate.

As far as "allowed" goes... this is the same rule that would allow the referee to send a player off for charging into the stands and karate-kicking a spectator.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday, 21 December 2011 - 07:19 PM.

#21 soxfan121

• minidope/racontuer

• 14044 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:48 PM

The red card is allowed, but it's debatable whether it was appropriate.

As far as "allowed" goes... this is the same rule that would allow the referee to send a player off for charging into the stands and karate-kicking a spectator.

First, it was not appropriate - it was a ridiculous decision by the referee and he should be disciplined for it. AZ should have walked off - their player was attacked and defended himself. If anything, Ajax's bench should have been given a yellow and an announcement made that any other spectator on the pitch, for any reason, would result in an Ajax forfeit.

Second, it's the Eric Cantona Rule.

#22 SoxFanInCali

• has the rich, deep voice of a god and the penis of a scouse

• 6194 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:32 PM

I think that happened in a lower league game last season, where a referee sent off a player for grabbing and restraining a pitch invader. I remember all the players on both teams arguing with the ref that the guy shouldn't be sent off, but he did it anyways.

#23 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3124 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:02 PM

It's Ajax.

That means the Dutch FA will suspend Esteban and give AZ a choice: either play the remainder of the game down 1-0 and with 10 players, or forfeit the game.

It's disgusting, but that's how thing work in Holland

Of course, this spring when AZ plays in Rotterdam there will absolutely be a bunch of pitch invaders giving bouquets of flowers to Esteban. Those hooligans will undoubtedly get years and years of stadium bans... ;)

#24 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2176 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

First, it was not appropriate - it was a ridiculous decision by the referee and he should be disciplined for it. AZ should have walked off - their player was attacked and defended himself. If anything, Ajax's bench should have been given a yellow and an announcement made that any other spectator on the pitch, for any reason, would result in an Ajax forfeit.

Second, it's the Eric Cantona Rule.

I think there was a bit of difference between defending himself and taking it further. Having watched it and heard both sides of the issue, can't say I feel bad for anyone involved.

#25 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3124 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:15 AM

Here's the doofus' Facebook showing off his ACAB tattoo. Went from 100+ friends to 3 in a matter of hours, and his employment info has just been deleted, too. What a dumbass.

#26 Spacemans Bong

• chapeau rose

• 16407 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:51 AM

The ref is one of the top Dutch refs, as he seems to be on the field for most of the big games.

In those situations he's probably got some ex-ref/bureaucrat marking down on a little pad every time he doesn't follow the laws of the game, and violence towards a spectator is in the laws. That's often half the problem, the inability to factor good judgment into objective criteria.

Edited by Spacemans Bong, 22 December 2011 - 08:52 AM.

#27 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3124 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:30 AM

Here's the doofus' Facebook showing off his ACAB tattoo. Went from 100+ friends to 3 in a matter of hours, and his employment info has just been deleted, too. What a dumbass.

And *gone*

That didn't take long. :)

http://hooliganwesley.tumblr.com/

Edited by Tony the Pony, 22 December 2011 - 01:09 PM.

#28 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3124 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:45 AM

Edited by Tony the Pony, 25 December 2011 - 07:11 PM.

#29 Verryfunny2

• 389 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

the game will be replayed. Too much weird stuff going on otherwise. If the game was continued then injuries and transfers would be substitutes. The KNVB didnt want to touch that kind of stuff with a 10 foot pole. For what its worth the guy got onto the pitch by using a bridge which has been constructed so wheelchairs can get into a good position to view matches. The guy was drunk, had a stadiumban and the ban has been extended to 30 years, he will be a big boy before he can enter the arena again. He used a ticket he got through a mate, think that guy will get a hefty ban too.

If esteban hadnt kicked the guy while he was down, the match could have been finished, the shit hit the fan with the red. The red got suspended the next day so nice to see the KNVB has the referee's back. Noone is covered in flowers after this disaster.

#30 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3124 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:13 AM

Noone is covered in flowers after this disaster.

Ajaks is very lucky it happened in a Dutch game, and not in Europe. Remember that iron bar against Austria Wien? Or much more recently the teargas in Nancy that resulted in Feyenoord being taken out of competition..?

There's going to be a re-match, played in its entirety, and Ajaks is getting a laughable 10K fine. And still they have the audacity to complain and whine. "We accept the punishment (punishment?!?!, red.) under prostest." You have got to be fuckin kidding me.

The few ajaxuals on my Facebook are all crying in their juiceboxes and are calling out AZ to concede an early goal on purpose, so the second match will start on a more honest playing field.

They have lost their minds in Oudekerk.

#31 Verryfunny2

• 389 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:43 PM

Austria wien, yeah i remember that. Didnt they call that goallie the magnet? The guy who did that got some community service as punishment. Think his laywer asked for his community service to be at Ajax :).

I never doubted this would be the ruling from the KNVB, i dont think its an unfair ruling. Playing a match like that without any audience seems harsh. 1 idiot and 20.000 other fans have to pay the price. Thats the only unfair thing about it. I reckon the ruling with the fogmatch AZ - excelsior has something to do with it, it got resumed at 0-0 and AZ lost 2 points they could have had with a complete rematch.

Only problem i got with it is the unprofessional behavior of Esteban, he could have walked away and let the stewards handle it but he raged at the idiot while he was down.

#32 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3124 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:19 PM

Only problem i got with it is the unprofessional behavior of Esteban, he could have walked away and let the stewards handle it but he raged at the idiot while he was down.

Only problem I have with Esteban's reaction is that he didn't kick him so hard in the nuts, the fuckwad will talk like Vanenburg for the rest of his life.

Esteban held up. And got the scare of his life. We turned around ready to go after the second guy in, and realized just in time it was a steward and not another coked out amoeba.

I also have no problem with the consequences. Instead of whining, perhaps Ojoks can forfeit their share of the revenue to compensate their fans - as a gesture of goodwill. Then again, knowing Ojoks, that will never even enter their brains.

Anyway, what's more important - the hare is green!

#33 Vinho Tinto

• 3655 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

I'm with TtP. If I was in the keeper's spot, the 1st thing that would have popped into my head was Monica Seles's stabbing. Every thought after that would involve punching.

#34 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3124 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:10 PM

Austria wien, yeah i remember that. Didnt they call that goallie the magnet? The guy who did that got some community service as punishment. Think his laywer asked for his community service to be at Ajax :).

No, that was Patrick Kluivert...

This guy went to jail for 5 months. The story goes he applied for season tickets from jail, and Ojoks gave it to him, ha ha. 1989, I think. Same round as the legendary match at De Bosuil.

---> To the nostalgia thread! :)

#35 Verryfunny2

• 389 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:20 AM

A nostalgia thread sounds like a fun idea :) On topic the ajax supporters are sueing the KNVB for the ticketmoney they dont get refunded. Again noone is coming out covered in roses in this one :(

#36 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3124 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

On topic the ajax supporters are sueing the KNVB for the ticketmoney they dont get refunded.

When money is involved the contrast between ajax and Feyenoord can not be any bigger. At Varkenoord, there's a bunch of club icons working with the Feyenoord youth players on volunteer basis - at ajax you have Louis van Gaal not starting until 1-7 (ha!) becuse otherwise he'll lose some of severance pay from Bayern.

And why sue the KNVB? Both ajax and AZ got 50% of the net result of that match. They should ask ajax for compensation. As you can see above, you could see this coming from miles away; money and ajax (fans)...

They *are* mad.

#37 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3124 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:14 AM

Guess what? AZ has given their fans the money back :)

#38 Verryfunny2

• 389 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:28 AM

Ajax has made a request for women and children to be able to watch the match. Easy for AZ to do, only a couple of thousand fans and the received half the proceeds of a 22000 stadium :)

Edited by Verryfunny2, 07 January 2012 - 02:29 AM.

#39 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3124 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:50 AM

Feyenoord - ajax 4-2.

Final practice

EDIT: Post-game

Edited by Tony the Pony, 01 February 2012 - 12:23 AM.

#40 Dummy Hoy

• Angry Pissbum

• 2842 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

That last video was awesome. I love the massive banner that reads "Beat the Scum."

What were they singing?

#41 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3124 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:04 AM

Came across this little ditty today. The main reason I was so glad the Netherlands did NOT get the 2018 World Cup: no new stadium in Rotterdam.

I hope Feyenoord gets to play in De Kuip until it literally collapses. One of the best football stadiums in the world, even if its more than 75 years old.

#42 Spacemans Bong

• chapeau rose

• 16407 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:36 AM

Tussen Kade en Kuip looks pretty cool too, don't know if you have seen that.

Everything that I've seen about that stadium makes it look a masterful example of modern stadium design.

#43 teejay1324

• 482 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

Haven't watched any Dutch league this season but I'm starting to regret it now, incredibly tight title race this late in the season and Ajax seems to be healthy and in form. The La Croqueta blog was raving recently about Ajax's recent play, anyone seen them play and has it been worth watching? I've been watching Athletic Bilboa a lot lately, love their style, hoping Ajax is doing something similar.

#44 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3124 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

Almost over, season runs over 34 matches:

1. ojoks 31 - 67
2. AZ 31 - 61
3. Feyenoord 31 - 61
4. Heerenveen 32 - 61
5. Twente 31 - 60
6. PSV 31-60

PSV won the Dutch Cup. ojoks will win the championship (tomorrow, if they win and Feyenoord and AZ share the points)

Tomorrow it's Twente - ojoks and Feyenoord - AZ. A new supporters club has established itself in Rotterdam, and the barge trip from one corner of the country to Rotterdam must be underway by now. 100 euro orso for match ticket, all the drinks you can take and live DJs crossing the country to moor next to the old, all-mighty Kuip. Three wins put us in the Champions (?) League prelims, but that will probably not happen. What a club!

(Two weeks ago Feyenoord played at home against Excelsior, and that match features 18 (former) Feyenoord youth players on the pitch. Feyenoord were in the same boat as Rangers are now, but have arguably the best youth system in Europe - something *all* British clubs should pay attention to)

#45 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3124 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

When money is involved the contrast between ajax and Feyenoord can not be any bigger. At Varkenoord, there's a bunch of club icons working with the Feyenoord youth players on volunteer basis - at ajax you have Louis van Gaal not starting until 1-7 (ha!) becuse otherwise he'll lose some of severance pay from Bayern.

Oh, guess who is collecting fat bonuses from Munich's Champions (?) League campaign this year?

Van Gaal.... ;-)

#46 Verryfunny2

• 389 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

Oh, guess who is collecting fat bonuses from Munich's Champions (?) League campaign this year?

Van Gaal.... ;-)

Amazing, i wonder how many teams are hamstrung with firing the coach in the middle of a contract.

Seems like Koeman got a great mix going, too bad guidetti will leave for City before next season. They have been competetive for the season and thats a long time ago, if you said they would be playing for second place before the season i would have laughed out loud. Plus they have become financially sound again. Hope they hang on for the second spot :)