Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Barcelona 2011-2012: Needs a clever title

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
108 replies to this topic

#101 bosox4283

• 2,813 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

If I had to bet, I would bet that Pep is leaving. He's had a brilliant run, perhaps one of the greatest in the history of the game. But, like Zomp said, there is constant chatter about him being drained and perhaps even seeking a challenge outside of Spain.

#102 SoxVindaloo

• 866 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

That would be absolute madness, wouldn't it? Is there a next in line internally at Barca?

Wouldn't Tito get a shot? Or is he more Ernie Adams to Pep's BB?

#103 Vinho Tinto

• 4,012 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

I don't think he's doing it for football reasons. From what a few reporters are tweeting it sounds like he's emotionally drained from the past 4 years.

He's been looking weary this year. The reluctance to sign an extension was a clear sign that he was open to leaving.

He has the built in advantage of knowing clubs such as Man City, Chelsea, Inter, or even Madrid (How fun would that be?) would pay him a king's ransom if he chose to take those jobs.

#104 Infield Infidel

• teaching korea american

• 9,386 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

Yep, he's leaving. If I had to guess, I say he takes an Urban Meyer-esque sabbatical for a year or two and heads back to Barca

#105 Apisith

• 1,435 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

He'll be back at Barca if the next one or two managers fail.

#106 bosox4283

• 2,813 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

Guardiola out. Tita Vilanova, his number guy and the guy whose eye Mourinho gauged, is in.

#107 MarkInLondon

• Texas resident

• 5,139 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

Random thought - Ironic that the transfer decision that Guardiola gets slated for is bringing in Ibrahimovic, but if theyd have had him up front against Chelsea they would have won. Chelsea blocked the ground routes to goal, but without their two CBs, a few high crosses into the box....

#108 bosox4283

• 2,813 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

I watched part of Guardiola's goodbye yesterday at Camp Nou. After the matched finished, he went onto the pitch, still with the stadium full, to thank the fans of Barcelona for four great years. It was a cool moment, really, to see a living legend bid farewell.

But I didn't understand anything. He said goodbye in Catalan.

Not to politicize the Barca thread, but does he always speak Catalan in public or with the press? I suppose I've always read his pre- and post-game comments in Spanish (well, castellano) in Marca or AS, so I never really thought about the language he speaks.

What does he speak to players like Messi (who probably can understand Catalan after so many years in Barcelona) or Villa (Asturias)? What about a guy like Alexis?

#109 Snakebauer007

• Berezovsky

• 2,213 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

I'd imagine he met with the players in private and that was more for the fans