Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Offseason Gamethread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1481 replies to this topic

#1451 Dropkick Izzy

• 3401 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:08 PM

Photo evidence...

http://www.bcinterru...up-at-mary-anns

#1452 kenneycb

• Hates Goose Island Beer; Loves Backdoor Play

• 7182 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

Yeah I made it down there and talked to Paille. His wife passed out and he put her on the party bus and just shot the shit with about 5 of us who actually knew who he was. He also immediately shot up in my favorite Bruins list. Very cool guy.

#1453 Terras

• Says he wants a Revolution

• 1479 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:36 PM

Yeah I made it down there and talked to Paille. His wife passed out and he put her on the party bus and just shot the shit with about 5 of us who actually knew who he was. He also immediately shot up in my favorite Bruins list. Very cool guy.

Completely agree with this. I was surprised that he was relatively unmolested. I actually got to talk to him for a few minutes in a calm fashion instead of yelling through a crowd, he was real nice, a little on the quieter side.

#1454 kenneycb

• Hates Goose Island Beer; Loves Backdoor Play

• 7182 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:19 PM

He was saying when he heard that they were all going to Mary Ann's he was expecting some lady's mansion or something. Didn't think it was going to be the shit hole in Clevland Circle. Actually said it was his type of bar (college kids notwithstanding probably) but with the Cup it was just too damn absurd.

Boychuk and Looch were completely smashed, Boychuk presumably off Amstel Light, and Thornton looked to be having lady problems so he instead took some pictures with fans. Didn't see Seids, though he probably would have blocked anything I said.

#1455 PedroSpecialK

• Comes at you like a tornado of hair and the NHL salary cap

• 16817 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:40 PM

Just finished my first Wimmin's Studies course. Good times.

Also,

Originally Posted by 81Leafs50 View Post
i would take Dion over the over rated slow Chara at 7 mill who runs the worse PP in the league.

#1456 TheStoryofYourRedRightAnkle

• 4595 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:51 PM

I am fine with that.

#1457 AMcGhie

• The Robinson Canoe of RMPS

• 1076 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:52 PM

Just finished my first Wimmin's Studies course. Good times.

Also,

Did you just write "Bitch, why aren't you in the kitchen making me a sandwitch" in a shapie on page 1 of your final and turn it in?

/I'm the last person who should be giving you crap about women, well, other than maybe Milan Lucic.

#1458 PedroSpecialK

• 16817 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:06 PM

Unpack the damn box already. COME ON.

#1459 Terras

• Says he wants a Revolution

• 1479 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:56 PM

I just finished my first sports writing class. As a shitty writer who doesn't follow the news and hates talking to people, especially the brick personalities that make up college and high school sports, I think I would be better off in women's studies.

#1460 TheRealness

• Don't make him go all Lucic on your ash

• 8120 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:21 PM

I didn't just finish any class. Because I have no classes.

NO. CLASSES. None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. I have no finals, no homework, no bullshit legal writing assignment, nothing.

I can go home and masturbate for 3 hours. I could play video games. I could rape your dog's mom. I could post on SoSH. But I won't be going to classes.

#1461 Haunted

• The Man in the Box

• 2156 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

Anyone in Boston this weekend, I'm going to be at the Middle East Upstairs Saturday evening playing.

#1462 Hildy

• 1572 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:12 PM

What if Lord Stanley showed up at the Dropkick Murphys concert tomorrow? It could happen. And then Grandpa Springsteen too, and it would be karmic balancing of the Jacobs' secret Cup party at the Cottage last week.

Edit: Yay!

Edited by Hildy, 09 September 2011 - 08:17 AM.

#1463 The Four Peters

• can peacefully dougie off this mortal coil

• 10950 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:15 AM

@DJ_Bean Asked Marchand who he figured would drop the Cup going into the summer. "I think Rydes is a pretty safe bet." #Bruins

#1464 The Napkin

• wise ass al kaprielian

• 13293 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:50 PM

what the way you hold your cigar says about you
Posted Image

I can't believe they left out "on your arm".

#1465 TheStoryofYourRedRightAnkle

• 4595 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:04 PM

Also, "in a stripper's vagina".

#1466 The Four Peters

• can peacefully dougie off this mortal coil

• 10950 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:10 AM

Just signed and returned an offer letter on a new job. Man, what a liberating feeling, and the 2-3 weeks off I'll have in between are going to be absolutely amazing, especially with hockey season getting under way.

Now comes the fun part of giving my notice. I've been dreaming about this day for about 2 years now, yet I'm not relishing it as much as I thought I would.

#1467 Blacken

• Paddy Tanniger the Caddy Manager

• 7980 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:15 AM

Tickets are on sale.

Just grabbed B's/Habs on December 19th. Loge 12, row 11. Happy birthday to me.

Also, grats T4P. Poop on their desks.

#1468 AMcGhie

• The Robinson Canoe of RMPS

• 1076 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:15 AM

Do this. Please.

#1469 Dropkick Izzy

• 3401 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:18 AM

If anyone is interested in trying to catch a game or two north of the border, Le Scabitants tickets go on sale this Saturday at 10 AM.

For those who have bought tickets or been to a game at the Bell in the past, any suggestions/advice? I'm trying to grab some for the B's game on Saturday Oct 29th game and assume I will shoot for the max of 4 tickets. While not Ticketmaster, the sales system looks pretty straight forward.

I'd be going with the wife and a, likely, some Habs fans relatives of mine from Montreal. Clearly I won't be the obnoxious prick that I typically am at the Garden but, should I be concerned with the upper balcony or any particular seating areas?

Thanks!

#1470 PedroSpecialK

• 16817 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

Multiple browsers, as many comps as you have. One browser per card I believe - though they may have changed it to one window per address. You should try to get in the waiting room by 930. Irish coffee helps too.

#1471 MiracleOfO2704

• not AWOL

• 2599 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:50 AM

The one big hint about the viewing angles is any seat in the blues of sections 417-421 or so is going to be behind the broadcast booth gondola that hangs down in front of the balcony. You don't lose any of the ice, but the benches can be obscured and you have zero view of the scoreboard, though I did notice that they give you two big screens with the scoreboard video and the basic game info, so it's not all lost.

#1472 Dropkick Izzy

• 3401 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:33 AM

Good stuff. Thanks for the tips guys, I appreciate it.

#1473 PedroSpecialK

• 16817 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:35 AM

I am truly bummed that the virtual waiting rooms don't have a chat feature.

#1474 Dropkick Izzy

• 3401 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:46 AM

Had 4 tickets together in the White at B's shoot 2x, stupidly decided to check if I could do better and never got anything thereafter. MOTHER FUCKER!

#1475 PedroSpecialK

• 16817 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

And that's why you always take the tickets... sorry man. Not a lot showing up as sold out for the November game, were you going for the October game? You should still try and stay in the VWR, their selection process is really random.

#1476 Dropkick Izzy

• 3401 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:07 AM

Yeah, I was going for October. I just went back in and I'm still able to get to the purchase area (cookie/cache/whatever). However, it looks to me like they only have singles for both October and November at this point.

Christ, I'm a dumbfuck. Now it's time to hit the sauce.

#1477 PedroSpecialK

• 16817 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:09 AM

Goyang got nothing but split blues for the November 21 game. And he got in on two browsers. I haven't gotten in yet on mine.

Tough living.

Edited by PedroSpecialK, 10 September 2011 - 10:09 AM.

#1478 PedroSpecialK

• 16817 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:15 AM

Just singles now. Still haven't gotten in. Fuck it.

In sum, that was bullshit. Onto the monthly sales.

#1479 Dropkick Izzy

• 3401 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:17 AM

Is it even remotely reasonable getting tickets via resellers, either online or other? I've got a little flexibility since this is the wife's idea for a pre-baby trip (she's cool like that) but considering what I spent last year on playoff tickets, I'm a little gunshy about dropping wads of cash on a game where I could wind up getting my ass kicked anway.

#1480 Dropkick Izzy

• 3401 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:24 AM

Well, at least you've got a shot at the mid-month. It appears as though the first is for the November games.

Looks like shots of Crown and Rickard's Red at Clydes in October for this guy. Could be worse, I suppose.

#1481 PedroSpecialK

• 16817 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:36 AM

Is it even remotely reasonable getting tickets via resellers, either online or other? I've got a little flexibility since this is the wife's idea for a pre-baby trip (she's cool like that) but considering what I spent last year on playoff tickets, I'm a little gunshy about dropping wads of cash on a game where I could wind up getting my ass kicked anway.

Craigslist has some resellers but Stubhub will be your best bet, most likely.

#1482 slidingsideways

• knows when to say when

• 726 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

Following up from much earlier in the thread, here's the first x-ray from my offseason surgery, four weeks post-op. (We added a hip socket.)
Posted Image
Click for before.