Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

2011-12 Syracuse Basketball

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
402 replies to this topic

#351 The Filthy One

• 701 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

Who's it going to be against the Buckeyes?

Every single player in the rotation has had a game where he really stepped up. Fair and Keita last night. Southerland in rounds 1 and 2. Christmas in round 2. Triche last night. Jardine and Waiters every game. And then there's Kris Joseph. He's in a big time funk and missing that freethrow last night was the cherry on top. I'm betting he puts it together tomorrow. It's his turn.

#352 Doooweeeey!

• 971 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

And then there's Kris Joseph. He's in a big time funk and missing that freethrow last night was the cherry on top. I'm betting he puts it together tomorrow. It's his turn.

I was thinking the same.
OSU's losses this year have come against teams that can D it up (Michigan St. twice, Wisconsin), and also on nights when they shot poorly. They turn the ball over a bit, but have a solid inside and outside game with talented players. If I were Boeheim, I'd be careful about setting up a track meet. Better bet is to try to go to the basket and the free throw line, getting Sullinger in foul trouble early. If Joseph can drive to the rim like he did in the BE tournament (edit: Against UConn), that would be a good thing. Limiting OSU's second chance points by controlling the defensive glass will help too.

Edited by Doooweeeey!, 23 March 2012 - 12:26 PM.

#353 LeftyTG

• 760 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

I was thinking the same.
OSU's losses this year have come against teams that can D it up (Michigan St. twice, Wisconsin), and also on nights when they shot poorly. They turn the ball over a bit, but have a solid inside and outside game with talented players. If I were Boeheim, I'd be careful about setting up a track meet. Better bet is to try to go to the basket and the free throw line, getting Sullinger in foul trouble early. If Joseph can drive to the rim like he did in the BE tournament (edit: Against UConn), that would be a good thing. Limiting OSU's second chance points by controlling the defensive glass will help too.

Ohio St has absolutely no depth, though. I'd like to see Syracuse push it and try to speed up Ohio St. I think they will be more likely to pick up fouls if the teams are going up and down the floor and fatigue sets in (although the fatigue factor is somewhat limited by the number and length of the tv timeouts.) Syracuse needs to be in attack mode on offense, pack it in on defense, and hope Ohio St. doesn't get hot from distance. I do think our guards will handle Craft's defensive pressure better than most. Craft is quick and tenacious, but he isn't particularly big or physical. Syracuse's guards are big enough that I think they'll be ok. I read a breakdown somewhere that showed that most of the B1G's point guards, at least on the good teams, are all 6'1" and smaller - which is to say smaller than Craft. Triche, Dion, and Scoop are all bigger than that, so hopefully that will mitigate some of the effectiveness of OSU's perimeter defense.

#354 luckysox

• Eeyore

• 3,389 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

Here we go. Gotta be efficient with shots, try to drive and dish or just take it strong to the hoops. We need Joseph to step up and Waiters to be Good Waiters. Hopefully we stop turning the ball over here...Triche and Jardine looked rattled a bit and they need to settle down. I am also looking for a good game from Southerland, too - he needs to be able to hit a couple of 3's when he comes into the game.

OSU is going to rebound and bang it inside - be stout on defense, guys! Come on!

#355 Dernells Casket n Flagon

• 1,447 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

And now all of upstate New York has 7 months with absolutely nothing going on in their lives to talk about.

#356 Clears Cleaver

• SoSH Member

• 8,453 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

I'm sure Fab feels good right now. no doubt they win that game if he plays. no doubt at all

#357 bsj

• Renegade Crazed Genius

• 15,465 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

Syracuse played very badly today. But fuck, that was the worst officiated game I have seen in a long time.

#358 Clears Cleaver

• SoSH Member

• 8,453 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

Syracuse played very badly today. But fuck, that was the worst officiated game I have seen in a long time.

then you missed the earlier game, the UNC game from last night, etc. This whole tournament has been a disaster, but agreed Cuse got totally hosed (after getting bailed out earlier in the tourney). despite Waiters sucking and Joseph not doing much, they still win the game if Melo plays.

#359 bsj

• Renegade Crazed Genius

• 15,465 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

then you missed the earlier game, the UNC game from last night, etc. This whole tournament has been a disaster, but agreed Cuse got totally hosed (after getting bailed out earlier in the tourney). despite Waiters sucking and Joseph not doing much, they still win the game if Melo plays.

I mean....the game was called too tight all around. Do we win if the game is called properly? I don't know, but I wish I could watch that game and find out. Just a shame.

Agree though...Melo wins that game for us.

#360 ljs252

• 70 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

I mean....the game was called too tight all around. Do we win if the game is called properly? I don't know, but I wish I could watch that game and find out. Just a shame.

Agree though...Melo wins that game for us.

Just shitty luck the past couple years. Honestly 2010 was worse for me because I think Cuse was the best team in the country that year before Onaku went down. This year we were probably number 2 or 3 behind UK and maybe UNC with a healthy Marshall. But damn we were right there again and things just didn't break our way. And no doubt we win this game with Melo; Sullinger was the difference in the second half. That being said, I don't think the refs cost us the game they were just inept both ways.

Tough way for Joseph and likely Waiters to end their careers as they both struggled. Joseph in particular missed a couple chippies. I won't miss Scoop as he drove me nuts the past couple years but he did play under control for the most part this year as more of a facilitator. SU should be loaded again next year with another big recruiting class with Coleman coming in and hopefully Cooney and Carter-Williams stepping up. But damn it would be nice to go into the tourney at full strength one of these years.

#361 luckysox

• Eeyore

• 3,389 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

I'd like to say that I thought Scoop was excellent tonight and all tournament. And he makes me CRAZY!! But he was a pleasure to watch the last 4 games. I'll miss his big ol' smile as he's sitting next to Jimmy on the bench.

#362 The Filthy One

• 701 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:41 AM

Fuck that game. It was brutal to watch and the officiating was like a middle school girls game. Ridiculous all around.

I'm going to miss Scoop. He drove me nuts at the end of 2010 and last year, but he was nails this year, throughout. I can't remember a player who improved more at SU. I wouldn't say this about many guys, but my enjoyment of SU basketball will be lesser without him. It's funny that people constantly trash Scoop and act as if Kris Joseph is one of the great players in recent Orange history, but Joseph couldn't possibly have played worse for the last 10 games. If he'd actively shot at the other team's hoop, he couldn't have fucked them more. He was the reason they lost game, not Melo. Goodbye to Kris Joseph, the disappearing man.

They'll be good again next year, but I think it's difficult to replace what Scoop and Waiters gave them. I'm real high on them, but they'll be a more volatile team.

#363 Rudy Pemberton

• Just a string of characters

• 28,515 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:24 AM

For the record, I'd love to see Dion Waiters on the Celtics next year.

#364 bosox4283

• 2,578 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:38 AM

Did Syracuse take more poor shots than normal last night, or did the team play this way the whole year? I thought there were easily 6-8 times when I sighed in disgust at the shot selection. It was as if Joseph and Waiters, the two biggest culprits, saw themselves as capable of making any shot from anywhere.

#365 Rossox

• 1,554 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

The officiating was abysmal for both teams, but Ohio St. was the better team last night. Failing to capitalize on Sullinger's absence in the first half was not a good sign.

Great environment in and outside the Garden. Orange fans were everywhere. Ohio St. made the shots, SU didn't. Really fun year. Can't wait for next season.

#366 Doooweeeey!

• 971 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

And now all of upstate New York has 7 months with absolutely nothing going on in their lives to talk about.

You've heard about the Syracuse lacrosse team, no? It's a tremendous fall-back option.

Edited by Doooweeeey!, 25 March 2012 - 09:10 PM.

#367 Doooweeeey!

• 971 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

He was the reason they lost game, not Melo. Goodbye to Kris Joseph, the disappearing man.

I don't entirely disagree with you, but I have a hard time disliking Kris Joseph after a pretty solid college career.
He gets a pass from me for his crunch time game-sealing drive to the hoop on the road against Georgetown in his sophomore year.
Unfortunately, I think we expected him to break through that threshold.

#368 ivanvamp

• one campus at a time..

• 4,618 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

I don't entirely disagree with you, but I have a hard time disliking Kris Joseph after a pretty solid college career.
He gets a pass from me for his crunch time game-sealing drive to the hoop on the road against Georgetown in his sophomore year.
Unfortunately, I think we expected him to break through that threshold.

I think with the book closed on KJ's Syracuse career, that the fair evaluation is that he was a really good college player, but never an alpha superstar. And there's nothing wrong with that. Most college basketball players would love to have that kind of career.

#369 bsj

• Renegade Crazed Genius

• 15,465 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

You've heard about the Syracuse lacrosse team, no? It's a tremendous fall-back option.

Meh...maybe not this year.

#370 ivanvamp

• one campus at a time..

• 4,618 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

Scoop and Joseph are automatically gone. Waiters is gone (see: http://blog.syracuse...is_definit.html). Melo is going to be gone. That's a huge amount of talent gone.

But SU is going to be terrific next year. Here's what they have returning:

Guards
Triche - leader of the team
Carter-Williams - very skilled, 6'5" point guard
Cooney - best shooter to come to SU in a long time

Forwards
Fair - ready to take the leap to stardom?
Christmas - came on strong at the end of the year
Southerland - long, good shooter, great athlete

Centers
Keita - played well in Melo's absence

Add to this mix at least two top recruits:
C - DeJuan Coleman - 6'9", 270 lbs - super powerful, could have bodied Sullinger
F - Jerami Grant - #7 ranked PF in the country, probably will play small forward for SU (6'6")

That's 9 quality players right there. And the big prize, Nerlens Noel, has narrowed his list to 3, and SU is on it. They add him (the #1 C in the US), and suddenly their interior defense is unbelievable.

A little thin at guard, though I suspect Southerland could move to the 2 if needed, but man, another 10-deep, incredibly athletic and versatile roster. Next year should be a lot of fun, even with the departure of so much talent.

#371 Dernells Casket n Flagon

• 1,447 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

When you're in upstate NY maybe that's an acceptable outlet, but let's be honest you just countered with 'college lacrosse'.

#372 The Filthy One

• 701 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

The concern for me next year is that they are losing the three playmakers on this year's team -- Scoop, Dion Waiters, and Kris Joseph. I'm very high on Michael Carter Williams, but he is going to have to play 30+ minutes and get into the lane on a regular basis for the team to be successful. With Cooney, Sutherland, and Triche, they should have good perimeter shooting, and I think they're interior play will be strong as well, with or without Noel. So it's kind of all on MCW, as I see it.

#373 ivanvamp

• one campus at a time..

• 4,618 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

The concern for me next year is that they are losing the three playmakers on this year's team -- Scoop, Dion Waiters, and Kris Joseph. I'm very high on Michael Carter Williams, but he is going to have to play 30+ minutes and get into the lane on a regular basis for the team to be successful. With Cooney, Sutherland, and Triche, they should have good perimeter shooting, and I think they're interior play will be strong as well, with or without Noel. So it's kind of all on MCW, as I see it.

With 4 players gone, they will need 4 more scholarship players added. Right now they just have two: Grant and Coleman. Hopefully Noel will be one more addition, but they unquestionably need another guard.

#374 Doooweeeey!

• 971 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

When you're in upstate NY maybe that's an acceptable outlet, but let's be honest you just countered with 'college lacrosse'.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Thank you for helping me refute your initial claim.

#375 Doooweeeey!

• 971 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

With 4 players gone, they will need 4 more scholarship players added. Right now they just have two: Grant and Coleman. Hopefully Noel will be one more addition, but they unquestionably need another guard.

I think that's right. The three guards you mention will take up most if not all of the playing time. If there's an injury to one of them, the ranks get thin pretty quickly.
I am bullish on Triche, however. I think he will easily step up into the leadership role as a senior.

Does Rafael Addison have a son? :)

#376 bsj

• Renegade Crazed Genius

• 15,465 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

Bottom line...This team will be good next year...no doubt...I can already see the 3 seed writing on the wall. But since 2003, every time they fall short in the tourney, whether due to poor play, or bad luck, fans have always said "next year they will be amazing"...i could see them being almost as good as they were this year again, or they could be the 6th or 7th team in during their Big East Farewell tour. But nothing about the projected makeup of next year's roster makes me think that it is realistic to project them BETTER.

This was the year to shoot for the moon, not next.

#377 ivanvamp

• one campus at a time..

• 4,618 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

Bottom line...This team will be good next year...no doubt...I can already see the 3 seed writing on the wall. But since 2003, every time they fall short in the tourney, whether due to poor play, or bad luck, fans have always said "next year they will be amazing"...i could see them being almost as good as they were this year again, or they could be the 6th or 7th team in during their Big East Farewell tour. But nothing about the projected makeup of next year's roster makes me think that it is realistic to project them BETTER.

This was the year to shoot for the moon, not next.

And they tried, and likely would have been in the final four had Melo gotten his head out of his butt.

Major disappointment in that regard....2 of the last 3 years SU clearly has had one of the best teams in the tournament but they lost their starting center and that just crippled their chances. So frustrating.

#378 JimD

• 4,730 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

Sorry, but after witnessing that postgame celebration in N.O. last night and the luminaries who surround the Kentucky program, anyone who thinks Nerlens Noel is going to be anything but a UK Wildcat is sadly mistaken.

#379 ivanvamp

• one campus at a time..

• 4,618 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

Sorry, but after witnessing that postgame celebration in N.O. last night and the luminaries who surround the Kentucky program, anyone who thinks Nerlens Noel is going to be anything but a UK Wildcat is sadly mistaken.

Agreed 100%. Unfortunately. Simply will step in and replace Davis, and UK will have another 6'10" shot-blocking machine.

#380 The Filthy One

• 701 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

I'm not sure it's the end of the world not to get Noel. They will have plenty of frontcourt depth without him and I think Christmas will really improve. If they get Noel, I have to wonder if Christmas might transfer. He can't play the 4, at least not right now, and I don't know that he'd beat out Coleman for the starting spot there anyway. Also, Boeheim will likely play Fair and Southerland a lot together, meaning even fewer minutes for whoever the back-up big guy is.

Sometimes you get that big-time player and build your whole team around him and works out great. Other times, not so much. Unless he makes major strides, I don't see Noel as the next Anthony Davis. He doesn't have guard-like skills with the ball. He'd be more like Melo 2.0.

#381 LeftyTG

• 760 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

I'm not sure it's the end of the world not to get Noel. They will have plenty of frontcourt depth without him and I think Christmas will really improve. If they get Noel, I have to wonder if Christmas might transfer. He can't play the 4, at least not right now, and I don't know that he'd beat out Coleman for the starting spot there anyway. Also, Boeheim will likely play Fair and Southerland a lot together, meaning even fewer minutes for whoever the back-up big guy is.

Sometimes you get that big-time player and build your whole team around him and works out great. Other times, not so much. Unless he makes major strides, I don't see Noel as the next Anthony Davis. He doesn't have guard-like skills with the ball. He'd be more like Melo 2.0.

Have you seen Coleman? There's no way in hell he plays the 4 in the zone. That would be like seeing Arinze Onuaku out on the wing running out to cover the corner 3. Coleman is a wide body with quick feet and nice touch. I see Christmas as more like Rick Jackson - probably better at the 5, but can definitely cover the 4.

If they get Noel, it is Keita whose minutes are going to suffer. I'd actually expect Keita to redshirt in that instance. Noel would start at the 5, Christmas the 4, and Fair slides into KJo's slot at the 3 (assuming Fair continues to improve his shot and handle). Coleman backs up the 5 and Southerland backs up with the 3/4 with Grant possibly grabbing some minutes if he shows he is ready.

That being said, he's going to Kentucky. There's no way Syracuse beats Calipari out for two recruits in the same year.

#382 The Filthy One

• 701 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

Have you seen Coleman? There's no way in hell he plays the 4 in the zone. That would be like seeing Arinze Onuaku out on the wing running out to cover the corner 3. Coleman is a wide body with quick feet and nice touch. I see Christmas as more like Rick Jackson - probably better at the 5, but can definitely cover the 4.

If they get Noel, it is Keita whose minutes are going to suffer. I'd actually expect Keita to redshirt in that instance. Noel would start at the 5, Christmas the 4, and Fair slides into KJo's slot at the 3 (assuming Fair continues to improve his shot and handle). Coleman backs up the 5 and Southerland backs up with the 3/4 with Grant possibly grabbing some minutes if he shows he is ready.

That being said, he's going to Kentucky. There's no way Syracuse beats Calipari out for two recruits in the same year.

You're probably right about Coleman. Everything I see has him listed as a PF, but he is a load (In fact, he still looks out of shape to me. Hopefully he runs a lot of stadium stairs between now and November). I just watch Christmas play and he seems completely useless more than 6 feet from the basket.

#383 LeftyTG

• 760 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

Happy Nerlens Noel decision day!

We should find out in about 3 hours if Noel wants to be in Orange. The smart money is still on Kentucky and Calipari's run of recruiting and churning out 1 and done high NBA draft picks. Still, Syracuse has been recruiting Noel the longest, Noel went to the Syracuse Midnight Madness over Kentucky's (not that that means much, as DeJuan Coleman went to Kentucky's over Syracuse's and chose Syracuse), and Carter-Williams is a close friend of Noel's. If you're going to spend one year in college, why not do it running up and down the court catching lobs from your close buddy, right?

The rational part of me knows he's going to Kentucky. The irrational fan part of me thinks Syracuse makes a lot of sense. No part of me can comprehend why he would go to Georgetown.

#384 PC Drunken Friar

• 3,673 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

The rational part of me knows he's going to Kentucky. The irrational fan part of me thinks Syracuse makes a lot of sense. No part of me can comprehend why he would go to Georgetown.

Maybe because they have a history of developing some of colleges best ever big men? I would actually be most surprised if he chose 'Cuse, of his top 3.

#385 Rossox

• 1,554 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

Did Noel really just say that he's "taking his talents" to the University of Kentucky? Ugh, kids.

#386 bsj

• Renegade Crazed Genius

• 15,465 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

Nevermind.

Edited by bsj, 12 April 2012 - 11:54 AM.

#387 bsj

• Renegade Crazed Genius

• 15,465 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

Maybe because they have a history of developing some of colleges best ever big men? I would actually be most surprised if he chose 'Cuse, of his top 3.

Ewing, Mutumbo, and Mourning were a long time ago.

Edited by bsj, 12 April 2012 - 11:51 AM.

#388 bsj

• Renegade Crazed Genius

• 15,465 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

Syracuse is a top 10 team without him and....hmmm...happens to have a vacancy in the middle.
Syracuse would be a top 3 team with him...meaning the team would be all over national television.
Syracuse would allow friends and family to travel to see him without expensive flights.
Syacuse would allow him to play in New England multiple times next year, and in the northeast virtually the entire year.
Syracuse would get him to the NBA just as would Kentucky.
IF (a big if) he stuck around a 2nd year, Syracuse would allow him to play @ BC.

Georgetown made the least sense. The days of developing elite big men are long over.

Kentucky is what it is...a one year step to the NBA. And I suppose the bolded item above will be taken care of by boosters.

Edited by bsj, 12 April 2012 - 11:57 AM.

#389 LeftyTG

• 760 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

This is a Syracuse thread populated mostly by Syracuse fans, of which I am one. Forgive me if I took a gratituitous shot at Georgetown in such a thread. I assure you, tongue was firmly planted in cheek. I am fully aware of Georgetown's history of developing centers. To be fair, though, Noel spoke of his desire to be in a fast paced offense getting up and down the floor, which was not a match for Georgetown.

Regardless, this is all moot. Noel went where he was expected to go.

#390 ivanvamp

• one campus at a time..

• 4,618 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

Well, SU now has two scholarship spots open after losing Melo, Waiters, Scoop, and Joseph, and bringing in Grant and Coleman. They need guards. I don't know how, this late in the process, they're going to add another one, but they really still have some work to do.

#391 LeftyTG

• 760 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

Well, SU now has two scholarship spots open after losing Melo, Waiters, Scoop, and Joseph, and bringing in Grant and Coleman. They need guards. I don't know how, this late in the process, they're going to add another one, but they really still have some work to do.

They won't. They'll just pocket the scholarship and look forward to the 2013 and 2014 classes, which have some nice prospects Syracuse has already targeted.

#392 ivanvamp

• one campus at a time..

• 4,618 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

They won't. They'll just pocket the scholarship and look forward to the 2013 and 2014 classes, which have some nice prospects Syracuse has already targeted.

So they're going to enter the season with just three guards: MCW, Triche, and Cooney, two of whom (MCW and Cooney) have very little to no experience? They better get Mookie Jones back then.

#393 LeftyTG

• 760 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

yup! Pray for no injuries in the back court.

On the plus side, this makes Syracuse attractive to potential guard recruits. Word is that Syracuse is the front runner for Tyler Ennis, a top PG in the 2013 class. They also have a lot of interest from Isaiah Whitehead, a SG in the 2014 class (his sister played basketball on the SU women's team).

#394 PC Drunken Friar

• 3,673 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

This is a Syracuse thread populated mostly by Syracuse fans, of which I am one. Forgive me if I took a gratituitous shot at Georgetown in such a thread. I assure you, tongue was firmly planted in cheek. I am fully aware of Georgetown's history of developing centers. To be fair, though, Noel spoke of his desire to be in a fast paced offense getting up and down the floor, which was not a match for Georgetown.

Regardless, this is all moot. Noel went where he was expected to go.

http://espn.go.com/b...ir-no-2-schools

Nerlens Noel
Tilton School (Tilton, N.H.), C
Signed to: Kentucky

The school that came in second for me was …
“Georgetown. My mom really liked them a lot. She was sold on them. She loved how family-oriented they were and, like I said in my blog, my mom’s opinion was what mattered most to me. We had to sit down and talk and I had to really get her to take a longer look at Kentucky. Then when she did she started to like them a lot, too. But it was pretty close, man. It was pretty close.”

#395 LeftyTG

• 760 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

...and?

#396 canderson

• SoSH Member

• 8,410 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

Dude admits to completely making up story about Fine molesting him.

http://blog.pennlive...e_fine_acc.html

#397 axx

• SoSH Member

• 5,034 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

Dude admits to completely making up story about Fine molesting him.

http://blog.pennlive...e_fine_acc.html

You mean somebody got paid.

#398 The Filthy One

• 701 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

If love Noel. The fact that he continues to tantalize Georgetown fans even after he signs with Kentucky...Good man.

#399 ivanvamp

• one campus at a time..

• 4,618 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

Great article by Jason Whitlock on the terrible reporting in the Bernie Fine case here:

http://msn.foxsports...urnalism-042312

#400 Nuf Ced

• stupidity monitor

• 9,325 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

Andy Katz says the Carrier Dome is an early favorite to host East regionals in the NCAA tournament next year.

Incoming NCAA tournament selection committee chair Mike Bobinski said that 2013 East Regional sites were discussed Thursday in Indianapolis, and that a decision is due in two weeks. Syracuse and Brooklyn, N.Y., appear to be the favorites. The initial four candidates also included New York City (Madison Square Garden) and Newark, N.J. MSG is booked. Newark hasn’t been eliminated yet.

http://espn.go.com/b...nsfer-loopholes