Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Liverpool FC 2011-12: Won Multiple Trophies Since Arsenal's Last One

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1342 replies to this topic

#1 SoxFanInCali

• has the rich, deep voice of a god and the penis of a scouse

• 6,454 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:46 PM

Hopes are high on Merseyside as the Reds look forward to their first full season as a part of Fenway Sports Group. The ownership and King Kenny's new 3 year deal hopefully leaves the uncertainty and boardroom drama of the previous regime in the past.

Biggest Needs:
Center back (and Daniel Agger figuring out how to stay healthy)
Left back
Someone with speed and crossing ability on the wings
Overall squad depth

Current rumored transfer targets:
Newcastle left back Jose Enrique
Villa winger Ashley Young
Blackburn defender Phil Jones
Sunderland midfielder Jordan Henderson
Wigan midfielder James McCarthy
Marseille winger Andrei Ayew
Monaco forward/winger Benjamin Moukandjo
Lille striker Gervinho

There's also the possibility of Alberto Aquilani (remember him?) returning, as Juventus (where he was on loan last year) are not willing to pay the full buyout clause in his contract. He's also rumored to be a target for both Milan clubs. I would guess that he ends up staying in Italy, one way or another.

Edited by SoxFanInCali, 15 March 2012 - 09:28 PM.

#2 PedroSpecialK

• Comes at you like a tornado of hair and the NHL salary cap

• 17,025 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

Agreed on Aquilani, it seems like he won't be back. I'd love for them to make another run at Charlie Adam, as it was rumored on transfer deadline day in the winter that we'd secured him for £10m IIRC. IMO he'd fill the void Xabi Alonso left.

Skrtel's play was very disappointing last year, they need him to bounce back if he's going to be viewed as a legitimate starting 11 option at CB as Carragher's career comes to a close. Doesn't seem like Agger can be counted on for anything.

I liked the Kelly at RB, Johnson at LB look Kenny had going for a while - they can both create down the wings, and there are capable reserves for them in Robinson and Flanagan. That's not to say I'd be complaining to see Jose Enrique in red.

#3 cjdmadcow

• 1,275 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

Current rumored transfer targets:
Newcastle left back Jose Enrique - 25
Villa winger Ashley Young - 26 next month
Blackburn defender Phil Jones - 19
Sunderland midfielder Jordan Henderson - 21 in a couple of weeks
Wigan midfielder James McCarthy - 20
Marseille winger Andrei Ayew - 21
Monaco forward/winger Benjamin Moukandjo - 22
Lille striker Gervinho - 24

I know this list is a collection of names that various sources have suggested we might be interested in, and so can be treated with a certain amount of scepticism, but as a general observation you can already see the influence that the new ownership / team management is having on our potential purchasing strategy.

Ashley Young the oldest at 26, the pursuit of good, young English (and Irish) talent and most with potential re-sale values in 5-6 years time. Henderson can be considered an eventual replacement for Gerrard, with Phil Jones fitting nicely into the defence as Jamie's legs finally give way.

Throw in the odd splurge on a ready-made star and it has the makings of a prudent but refreshing strategy.

#4 SoxFanInPdx

• 1,766 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

$13M+Ngog to Sunderland for Jordan Henderson.

Link: http://www.skysports...6970088,00.html

#5 CJChap

• 876 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:02 PM

$13M+Ngog to Sunderland for Jordan Henderson.

Link: http://www.skysports...6970088,00.html

What's everyone think of Henderson? At first I thought the fee and player price was ridiculous until I remembered how young he is.

#6 PedroSpecialK

• 17,025 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:08 PM

Looks like the deal is for more than $13m:

It is understood that the deal that has been agreed is worth £20million and it will include David N'Gog moving in the opposite direction, subject to him agreeing terms on Wearside.

I'd pay £20m to be rid of N'Gog. We get another English national as well - win-win if you ask me. Apparently we are in on Charlie Adam as well, but take it with a grain of salt as always.

#7 SoxFanInCali

• 6,454 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

The total value of the deal is rumored to be £20m (pounds, not dollars, guys). How much cash would actually go to Sunderland depends on what the agreed valuation of N'Gog is. If they value him at £7m (yeah, I know...), then £13m + N'Gog could be correct.

I'll wait for official confirmation of the financial details before commenting further.

#8 Zomp

• Turkey Virgin

• 8,348 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

Henderson is so young in midfielding years that its tough to predict how he'll shake out. A lot of people expect big things out of him though. We were rumored to be in for him as well (though I didn't really think much of it because we have a carbon copy of him in Tom Cleverley).

If Henderson is one for the future, Adam is certainly one for the present...on his set piece balls alone. Though its difficult to see how Liverpool will shake out with Adam, Gerrard, Mereiles (who I thought was outstanding), and Lucas. I know the club needs depth, but with no snark intended that is a lot of players for a team only playing domestically.

#9 SoxFanInCali

• 6,454 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:58 PM

Yeah, this has been our pattern for years. We were as strong as could be in the middle when we had Gerrard/Alonso/Mascherano, and needed wide players, so of course we kept buying more central guys (Lucas, Aquilani, Meireles, etc.).

I don't see where Adam fits in unless the plan is to play him on the left. Yeah, he's great on set plays, but it's not like we don't already have Gerrard and Suarez. Like you say, there's only so many games to go around when you're not playing in Europe.

#10 cjdmadcow

• 1,275 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:30 AM

So the first domino falls.

Information from The Times newspaper suggests that Phil Jones is close to being completed, too.

Edit - Might have spoke too soon. Sky Sports News reporting now Phil Jones could be set to sign for Man Utd.

Edited by cjdmadcow, 08 June 2011 - 06:38 AM.

#11 SoxFanInCali

• 6,454 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

I watched some of the Uruguay-Netherlands friendly on ESPN3. Suarez looked like he'd won it for Uruguay with an 82nd minute goal, but Kuyt got the equalizer in stoppage time.

It does look like Jones is going to Man U. Can't get them all, I guess.

Danny Wilson looks like he'll be going back to Rangers on a season-long loan. He got some games in the Europa League last season, but it looks like they'd rather he get more playing time in Scotland to continue his development.

#12 SoxFanInCali

• 6,454 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

The Henderson signing is official, reportedly for £16m. No official word on whether N'Gog is headed the other way.

Reports today are that Liverpool have made a formal approach to Arsenal for Gael Clichy. I've read speculation that it could be an attempt to speed up negotiations with Newcastle for Jose Enrique. Clichy does only have 1 year remaining on his contract, though, so anything's possible.

#13 brienc

• 697 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:16 PM

Pep Guardiola declaro "la academia del Liverpool es la unica que puede competirle a "La Masia" del Barcelona FC."

" the academy of the Liverpool is the only one that can compare to La Masia of Barcelona FC."

twitter: @ESPN_JorgeRamos

Guardiola is quoted as telling Catalan radio: “If they can manage those lads, then maybe 20 star players can arrive from that academy.”

High praise from Pep:

#14 DLew On Roids

• guilty of being sex

• 12,239 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:59 PM

Speaking of an overloaded midfield, I've read a couple of reports lately saying that Juve is offering $6M for Aquilani. The player himself would be fine going to Milan, but neither club there is putting in a bid. So, we might have him back in the fold for next season. Which might not be so bad if he could stay healthy. He was great in Italy this year since he finally stayed healthy.

And speaking of returning loanees, guess which Argentinian left back may be back for '11-'12?

#15 PedroSpecialK

• 17,025 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:06 PM

Pa pa Emiliano

It'd be nice to have him back, for sure.

#16 thehitcat

• 669 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

Pa pa Emiliano

It'd be nice to have him back, for sure.

Isn't Emilio out of contract this summer?

#17 SoxFanInPdx

• 1,766 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:41 PM

Villa is asking £20m for Downing? That seems pretty high. Anyone here familiar with him or watch Aston Villa matches and is he worth that?

#18 SoxFanInCali

• 6,454 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:19 AM

Fixture List:

AUGUST:

13 - Sunderland (h)
20 - Arsenal (a)
27 - Bolton Wanderers (h)

SEPTEMBER:

10 - Stoke City (a)
17 - Tottenham Hotspur (a)
24 - Wolverhampton Wanderers (h)

OCTOBER:

1 - Everton (a)
15 - Manchester United (h)
22 - Norwich City (h)
29 - West Bromwich Albion (a)

NOVEMBER:

5 - Swansea City (h)
19 - Chelsea (a)
26 - Manchester City (h)

DECEMBER:

3 - Fulham (a)
10 - Queens Park Rangers (h)
17 - Aston Villa (a)
20 - Wigan Athletic (a)
26 - Blackburn Rovers (h)
31 - Newcastle United (h)

JANUARY:

2 - Manchester City (a)
14 - Stoke City (h)
21 - Bolton Wanderers (a)
31 - Wolverhampton Wanderers (a)

FEBRUARY:

4 - Tottenham Hotspur (h)
11 - Manchester United (a)
25 - Everton (h)

MARCH:

3 - Arsenal (h)
10 - Sunderland (a)
17 - Queens Park Rangers (a)
24 - Wigan Athletic (h)
31 - Newcastle United (a)

APRIL:

7 - Aston Villa (h)
9 - Blackburn Rovers (a)
14 - Fulham (h)
21 - West Bromwich Albion (h)
28 - Norwich City (a)

MAY:

5 - Chelsea (h)
13 - Swansea City (a)

#19 JayMags71

• SoSH Member

• 5,640 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:15 PM

New third shirt. In a word, yuck.
Posted Image

#20 SoxFanInPdx

• 1,766 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:05 PM

November and February look tough just by knowing what we usually know about those teams, but we also know this team struggles against squads in the mid to lower table.

That third kit is all sorts of wrong and I assume we won't see those a lot since there is no Europe for them. Maybe FA Cup we'll see those.

#21 Omar's Wacky Neighbor

• 2,904 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:05 AM

Hey, finally a jersey my 10 y/o won't be pestering me to buy for him.......

#22 cjdmadcow

• 1,275 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:14 AM

For anyone interested in how the upcoming Financial Fair Play rules affect LFC, take a read at this very detailed statistical report from Dan Kennett and posted for free on The Tomkins Times blog.

UFFP

#23 PedroSpecialK

• 17,025 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:14 AM

New third shirt. In a word, yuck.
Posted Image

Hideous doesn't begin to describe it...

#24 OilCanCoulter

• 680 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:27 AM

That kit is disgraceful

#25 PedroSpecialK

• 17,025 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:01 AM

I mean... why? Are we actively trying to rip off Argentina/Manchester City? It makes no sense. It also makes my eyes hurt.

#26 JayMags71

• SoSH Member

• 5,640 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:06 AM

It makes no sense. It also makes my eyes hurt.

Last year's third kid did that to me. This doesn't.

It's hideous, but it doesn't make my eyes hurt.

#27 OilCanCoulter

• 680 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:21 AM

Surprisingly decent piece by Norman Hubbard about all the rubbish that still needs to be cleaned off of the books at Anfield.

Please take our trash

Who the hell gave Jovanovic 120 pounds a week????? :unsure:

#28 PedroSpecialK

• 17,025 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:15 AM

Well that piece wasn't depressing or anything. At least we get Aquilani... back?

Even the player whose talent appeared to make him bankable, Alberto Aquilani, will be back on Merseyside after a change at the helm of Juventus scuppered hopes of a £14 million cheque.

There are players who were loaned out, forgotten but not gone, but now returned, such as Emiliano Insua, who at least has shown promise, and Philipp Degen and Nabil El Zhar, who have revealed none.

:lol:

In Kenny we trust.

#29 DLew On Roids

• guilty of being sex

• 12,239 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:37 AM

Surprisingly decent piece by Norman Hubbard about all the rubbish that still needs to be cleaned off of the books at Anfield.

Please take our trash

Who the hell gave Jovanovic 120 pounds a week????? :unsure:

He was free, so they put the money they would have put into a transfer fee onto what they would have paid him in wages. Same for Joe Cole, who makes 100K/week.

It's kind of stupid, since a player won't agree to a move to another club at normal wages. Steve McManaman was making giant money at Real Madrid years ago because he went there for free, and Real eventually froze him out to try to get him to agree to leave. I don't know why clubs don't use signing bonuses paid in installments instead.

#30 JayMags71

• SoSH Member

• 5,640 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:15 AM

Is this why we are hearing all these rumors of Charlie Adam coming in? Bring Adam in, then get a decent transfer fee for Raul Meireles to offset some of the dead weight contracts? That would be a shame, I liked Meireles.

#31 alskor

• 610 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

Is this why we are hearing all these rumors of Charlie Adam coming in? Bring Adam in, then get a decent transfer fee for Raul Meireles to offset some of the dead weight contracts? That would be a shame, I liked Meireles.

Really doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Obviously Meireles' value has nowhere to go but down... but so what? Isn't he right now a better version of most of what Adam does (minus the lob shot from 30 yards out)? We haven't penny pinched at all so far (overpaying Carroll and Henderson)... now we're going to sell off an important member of the team to save a few bucks? I find that hard to believe. Also, if the time is ripe to sell Meireles, why isn't the time ripe to sell Dirk (not that I would advocate that). That would help explain some of this but its unlikely as he just signed a contract extension in April. Perhaps they have concerns about playing Gerrard and Meireles together... which makes some sense to me (even though they did play together effectively a lot). I don't see how you can play Henderson and Gerrard together in front of Lucas, either. Gerrard just doesn't have the defensive abilities he used to. You can't use him as a box-to-box guy anymore at his age and he tends to wander off a lot. The lack of defensive play from Gerrard and Meireles was a big reason why Lucas led the EPL in tackles, IMO.

I haven't seen a ton of Jordan Henderson, I'll admit. I have like what I've seen, though it is true he's also pretty useless defensively. I went back and looked at zonalmarking.net's write ups of him and he noted a little while back that Henderson might fit better on the wing. I wonder if that's part of their thinking here. Thing is, there would still be a logjam in the center of the pitch for a team with no European games... and if we add Downing or another wing player we end up with the same problem in terms of making them all fit.

Its a puzzle. I wonder if Comolli is just taking an "improve the talent level with players I like" approach right now. Let Kenny sort them out and then start filling needs in a year when a lot of the dead weight is gone.

This summer has been pretty distressing to me so far... and that's with me liking the players they're reportedly targeting. I just can't see the grand vision here. Its like a magic eye poster right now. All the more upsetting since their purchases this summer should reveal so much about the direction of this team.

#32 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30,161 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:04 PM

John Henry laying the smack down on twitter to fans who want overpriced older players for a quick fix:

https://twitter.com/#!/John_W_Henry

#33 cjdmadcow

• 1,275 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

At the risk of repeating myself and preaching to the converted, as Red Sox fans we have an appeciation of the way JWH and his staff work but most LFC fans have had less than a year so the way that FSG operate remains a bit of a mystery. I've linked below to a transcript summary of the comments made this evening and from my point of view they are typical JWH; don't panic, things are happening behind the scenes, look at the long-term.

This has all come about because of the apparent panic over losing out on another signing, Connor Wickham, after Ashley Young going to ManU.

Personally, I love the calmness that Henry exudes. I'm confident that FSG know what they are doing and so am prepared to be patient because in the long run, we will be successful.

JWH Tweets

#34 JayMags71

• SoSH Member

• 5,640 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:33 PM

Sammy Lee is out.

By all accounts, he was very popular. I wonder if this is going to help or harm.

#35 kb1171

• 60 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:58 AM

Liverpool sign Charlie Adam:

http://www.liverpool...agree-adam-deal

I would think this means Aquilani or Meireles won't be back.

#36 PedroSpecialK

• 17,025 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:20 AM

Hope it doesn't spell the end of Meireles, but it certainly looks that way.

#37 JayMags71

• SoSH Member

• 5,640 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:11 PM

I thought this blog entry had some interesting thoughts to chew on

How Liverpool's new-look midfield may line up

4-3-3

With Liverpool having a £15m bid rejected for the Aston Villa left-winger Stewart Downing there is an obvious lack of width in Kenny Dalglish's squad. To get around this a central three of Steven Gerrard (fitness permitting), Charlie Adam and one of Lucas Leiva or Jordan Henderson could sit behind Luis Suárez, Andy Carroll and Dirk Kuyt, with the Uruguayan offering width on the left and the Dutch forward naturally drifting out to the right.

4-4-2

If Liverpool want to accommodate all their new signings as well as their captain then Jordan Henderson may have to play as a right midfielder in a more traditional formation. From right to left at home: Henderson, Gerrard, Adam, Raul Meireles. From right to left away: Henderson, Lucas, Gerrard, Adam.

4-1-3-2

It may be that Meireles is sold before the season starts, along with Alberto Aquilani and Joe Cole. But having improved dramatically under Dalglish's stewardship the Portugal international is the one player who is most capable of playing the one-touch football that Dalglish's Liverpool sides of yore were capable of – and it may be that Liverpool's owner, Fenway Sports Group, is not willing to cash in its chips just yet.

#38 Zomp

• Turkey Virgin

• 8,348 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

With the personnel they have right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4-2-3-1 with 2 of Lucas/Meirelles/Adam in the back of a Suarez-Gerrard-Kuyt. Carrol leading the line.

#39 OilCanCoulter

• 680 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

Quick article about our newest Red with some passing and SOT stats

There's only one Charlie Adam

Rumors I've read say that the 2 boys going the other way are Wilson on loan and that Knobhead Konchesky on a permanent.

Edited by OilCanCoulter, 07 July 2011 - 12:31 PM.

#40 OilCanCoulter

• 680 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:37 PM

Couple other stats I picked up online while ignoring work and getting ready for my vacation:

LFCTransferSpec LFC Transfer Specs
-Only Luka Modric has made more succesful dribblings than him 69 - Charlie has 59
-Charlie Adam has created more chances than any other CM 72 - He's made more passes than any other CM 2091- 1408 of them accurate
-Adam has made 8 goal assists last season only Fabregas has made more of CMs
-Charlie Adam has attempted 196 crosses last season more than any other prem CM - 46 of them were accurate

#41 PedroSpecialK

• 17,025 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:41 PM

With the personnel they have right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4-2-3-1 with 2 of Lucas/Meirelles/Adam in the back of a Suarez-Gerrard-Kuyt. Carrol leading the line.

I'd be most comfortable with this - and they'd be foolish to sell Meireles now given Gerrard's medical record the last couple of years. To be honest, I wouldn't mind Kuyt coming off the bench if it means Meireles cracking the lineup.

----------------Reina----------------
Kelly - Carragher - Skrtel - Johnson
------------Lucas - Adam------------
-----Meireles - Gerrard - Suarez-----
---------------Carroll---------------

Reserves: Jones, Insua, Agger, Wilson, Maxi, Spearing, Kuyt

I will scream if Spearing plays as much as he did down the stretch last year. I don't see a whole lot there.

edit: Looking back at my lineup, I've omitted Henderson. Damn. Maybe Maxi goes and Meireles comes off the bench?

----------------Reina----------------
Kelly - Carragher - Skrtel - Johnson
------------Lucas - Henderson--------
-------Adam----Gerrard----Suarez-----
---------------Carroll---------------

Edited by PedroSpecialK, 07 July 2011 - 12:48 PM.

#42 brienc

• 697 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:38 AM

Liverpool's Raul Meireles insists he will be playing for the club this season despite question marks over his future.

Manager Kenny Dalglish has brought in two midfielders in the shape of Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam, leading some to believe that Meireles could be offloaded.

Serie A giants Inter Milan are reportedly keen on ex-Porto man Meireles, however, he has no thoughts about quitting Anfield for pastures new this summer.

On the club's pre-season tour of China, when asked if he would still be a Liverpool player this coming season, he replied: "Of course."

Meireles wants to stay at Anfield...

#43 SoxFanInCali

• 6,454 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

Downing is apparently on his way, for £20m.

Soccernet Twitter

Edited by SoxFanInCali, 13 July 2011 - 04:45 PM.

#44 SoxFanInCali

• 6,454 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:51 PM

The Reds opened their preseason tour of China with a 4-3 win over Guangdong Sunray Cave. Poulsen, Ngog, Conor Coady, and Carroll scored the goals. Charlie Adam saw his first action in a red shirt, and Alberto Aquilani managed to get in a half without hurting himself.

Here's a link with more info about the Downing story. He still has to have a physical and agree personal terms before the deal becomes official.

And last (and least), Paul Konchesky is finally off the books, as good ol' Sven has taken him to Leicester City.

Edited by SoxFanInCali, 13 July 2011 - 05:59 PM.

#45 PedroSpecialK

• 17,025 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:21 PM

Weird acquisition w/r/t Downing if you ask me. Suarez was fine wide left - and this means three of Meireles/Suarez/Kuyt/Adam will sit regularly if Dalglish rolls with a 4 defender formation, assuming he fits Henderson, Gerrard, Downing, Lucas, and Carroll into the starting 11.

Edited by PedroSpecialK, 13 July 2011 - 08:21 PM.

#46 thehitcat

• 669 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:54 AM

Weird acquisition w/r/t Downing if you ask me. Suarez was fine wide left - and this means three of Meireles/Suarez/Kuyt/Adam will sit regularly if Dalglish rolls with a 4 defender formation, assuming he fits Henderson, Gerrard, Downing, Lucas, and Carroll into the starting 11.

You are also forgetting Aquilani who it looks like will still be there as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see Henderson start on the bench at least at the beginning of the season.

Something like
---------------------------------Reina
----------Johnson--------Carragher--------Agger----------LB (Cissohoko seems like the most likely outside person Flanagan internal)
-------------------------Lucas--------------Adam

----------Gerrard---------------------------------------Downing

----------------------------------Suarez

----------------------------------Carroll

Subs: Doni, Flanagan, Skrtel, Henderson, Meireles, Maxi, Kuyt

Edited by thehitcat, 14 July 2011 - 06:57 AM.

#47 kb1171

• 60 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:32 AM

It isn't over yet but I think the clubs transfer dealings on the whole this summer have been a little strange. There are so many central midfielders that they can't all get regular time. I would think you almost have to sell Aquilani and Poulsen, loan Shelvey and play Meireles and Henderson in tucked in roles on the right. The midfield glut aside you still need to fill holes at left back and center back.

20M doesn't buy what it used to. Paying that for Downing seems a bit steep for a player who is about to turn 27, has never scored more than 10 goals in the league, and has failed to establish himself as a regular international. That said, the club has needed a left winger for some time, and the thought of him linking up with Carroll is exciting.

#48 JayMags71

• SoSH Member

• 5,640 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:55 AM

There are so many central midfielders that they can't all get regular time. I would think you almost have to sell Aquilani and Poulsen

I believe they are desperate to sell those two, but they simply can not find buyers. It's strange Comolli (or Dalglish, or whomever is responsible) would buy replacements for Aquilani and Poulsen before they were actually selling the spare parts, but that appears to be they situation they have created.

#49 SoxFanInCali

• 6,454 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

The Downing signing is official. Alexander Doni (from Roma) has also signed on to back up Pepe Reina.

#50 EEIcaller

• 72 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

Nice to see two US juniors recently signed by Liverpool

Villyan Bijev http://www.noshortco...re-in-oven.html

and there are reports that U-17 Marc Pelosi signed yesterday.

Bijev has been nothing short of spectacular sense going on trail