Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

5/9 - Celtics vs Heat - Game 4: Dwyane Wade is a punk and his name is spelled wrong

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1687 replies to this topic

#1651 The_Powa_of_Seiji_Ozawa

• 4092 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:21 PM

If the Celtics win game 5, is there any doubt we play a game 7?

As long as he can be sure that Miami will win game 7, David $tern won't mind that.

#1652 The Social Chair

• 850 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:21 PM

Game 5 is going to be really hard to win. Travel, one day of rest, on the road, and no pressure for a front running Miami team.

#1653 scottyno

• 2851 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:22 PM

If the Celtics win game 5, is there any doubt we play a game 7?

yes, since they only have 1 day off between today and game 5 and between games 5 and 6, I think they have enough for 1 more big effort, but if its enough Im not sure they have enough for another one only 48 hours later

#1654 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15209 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:22 PM

We're spoiled because we watch how the Sox operate during their offseasons and think the Celtics can just do the same. Basketball is different. You don't reload and just replace Garnett and Allen with Howard and Superstar X.

Spouting unrealistic but financially possible trade scenarios is my coping mechanism.

#1655 radsoxfan

• SoSH Member

• 7649 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:23 PM

Rad, he did a night club appearance in my city a few months ago, and didn't touch a drop of alcohol. FWIW

Like I said, pure speculation, no way to know if it's true. If I had to bet, I'd probably put money on the more likely scenario which is just an eating problem/not being motivated.

But not sure how you know he didn't touch a drop of alcohol though.

#1656 TripleOT

• 57 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:23 PM

Teams need luck along with great rosters to win multiple titles. KG's knee and now Rondo's elbow has derailed this team. Is there any doubt that with a healthy Rondo, the Cs head back to the fringes of Downtown Miami (NOT South Beach) tied 2-2 with all kinds of momentum.

#1657 The_Powa_of_Seiji_Ozawa

• 4092 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:24 PM

We're spoiled because we watch how the Sox operate during their offseasons and think the Celtics can just do the same. Basketball is different. You don't reload and just replace Garnett and Allen with Howard and Superstar X.

Then why won't Theo Epstein jettison Tim Wakefield once and for all? Hell, Ainge let Scalabrine walk and resisted the lifelong temptation to give Robert Swift a roster spot in the pre-season, who ever thought that would happen?

#1658 bball831

• 4498 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:24 PM

Game 5 is going to be really hard to win. Travel, one day of rest, on the road, and no pressure for a front running Miami team.

There was no pressure on Miami in game 3.

Miami won 3 games, but damn we could have easily stolen 2 of them.

#1659 Bob Montgomery's Helmet Hat

• has big, douchey shoulders

• 12271 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:25 PM

It's going to be a hard game to win because a tired, older team has just one day of rest.

But there is plenty of pressure on Miami. There is no way in hell that they want this series to come back to Boston.

#1660 Hee-Seop's Fable

• 1264 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:25 PM

Are you guys sure this wasn't an elimination game? The vital organs sitting in my throat and my frighteningly limp dick sure are telling me it was.

These are not the Lakers we are talking about.

They have a slim shot, and you have to know they will go down fighting. Loss by single digits? ...or maybe a narrow stirring win. Gotta wait and see.

#1661 TripleOT

• 57 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:26 PM

Like I said, pure speculation, no way to know if it's true. If I had to bet, I'd probably put money on the more likely scenario which is just an eating problem/not being motivated.

But not sure how you know he didn't touch a drop of alcohol though.

I saw the club's manager the next night and got the 411 on BBD, who jsut sat in the VIP area with a hoodie over his head for the requisite time. He also didn't get a pizza at my buddy's place next door to the club, which was totally surprising.

#1662 Mystic Merlin

• SoSH Member

• 21363 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:26 PM

Miami did have no pressure in Game 3.

And they played pretty passively - they never responded to the C's energy, and it showed.

#1663 The_Powa_of_Seiji_Ozawa

• 4092 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:27 PM

Someone needs to pour some barbecue sauce on Lebron and DWade and let Big Baby go to town on them.

#1664 radsoxfan

• SoSH Member

• 7649 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

I saw the club's manager the next night and got the 411 on BBD, who jsut sat in the VIP area with a hoodie over his head for the requisite time. He also didn't get a pizza at my buddy's place next door to the club, which was totally surprising.

If you think he didnt get pizza, then I know you're mistaken.....

#1665 Hee-Seop's Fable

• 1264 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:29 PM

Someone needs to pour some barbecue sauce on Lebron and DWade and let Big Baby go to town on them.

If consuming them applied to his vertical, he'd become Shaq.

#1666 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15209 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:34 PM

Guess who still looks like shit for OKC.

Edited by Jed Zeppelin, 09 May 2011 - 09:34 PM.

#1667 scottyno

• 2851 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:41 PM

Guess who still looks like shit for OKC.

the guy who after every game the celtics have lost in the past month my friend who barely watches the games tells me would have made all the difference to them and that jeff green is a stiff?

#1668 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15209 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:44 PM

the guy who after every game the celtics have lost in the past month my friend who barely watches the games tells me would have made all the difference to them and that jeff green is a stiff?

Ding ding ding! So far: 8min 0pts 2rbd 3TO 3PF and the opposing bigs continue to score at will.

#1669 BucketOBalls

• SoSH Member

• 5644 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:47 PM

Ding ding ding! So far: 8min 0pts 2rbd 3TO 3PF and the opposing bigs continue to score at will.

Unfortunately the Celtics arn't winning with Jeff Green either. Dammed if you do...

#1670 Oogies Loogies

• 329 posts

So you and Michael Felger are pretty tight, huh?

#1671 scottyno

• 2851 posts

but but but jermaine oneal and jeff green both suck so much and the magic of kendrick perkins would make everything so much better!

clearly its the blue uniforms that are slowing him down

#1672 The_Powa_of_Seiji_Ozawa

• 4092 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

but he scowls so well

#1673 DeJesus Built My Hotrod

• SoSH Member

• 9997 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:28 PM

The C's are going to win game five unless they simply plan to chuck up long-range jumpers. Instead, if they take it to the basket as much as possible, this series will almost certainly go seven. Because, aside from a Miami/Boston series going the distance, David Stern has only under-card fighters for his 2011 main event. The ratings probably won't be pretty no matter who makes it...

#1674 phragle

• wild card bitches

• 11055 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:31 PM

"All I'm sayin' is, don't let us win [Wednesday]"

#1675 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15209 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:34 PM

Two awesome Futurama episodes on Comedy Central starting at 12:30 for anyone who needs a laugh or two.

Edited by Jed Zeppelin, 09 May 2011 - 10:58 PM.

#1676 NYCSox

• chris hansen of goats

• 6311 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:59 PM

Game 7 last year and Game 4 of the 1987 Finals will haunt me for the rest of my life.

#1677 fairlee76

• 1474 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:22 PM

Just got home from the game and obligatory post-game drinks. I trust someone else has already killed KG for playing like Chris Bosh's three year old sister. Pathetic. KG killed them tonight.

#1678 triniSox

• 1106 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:24 PM

silver lining: the celtics lost today because of themselves - just poor execution offensively all night and too many turnovers. the heat had huge games from their big 3 and still the game came down to the celtics mis-executing the final possession in regulation.

i'd say they have more than a fighter's chance on the road in game 5.

#1679 fairlee76

• 1474 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:26 PM

No doubt about that. But an average offensive performance from KG wins this game.

Yup. The discussion of why the Celts lost tonight begins and ends with KG's offensive performance. Enough about BBD's knees/affinity for booze/love for Big Macs. KG looked like a crippled Ed Pinckney tonight. Just awful. It looked like he was trying to suck.

#1680 fairlee76

• 1474 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:29 PM

silver lining: the celtics lost today because of themselves - just poor execution offensively all night and too many turnovers. the heat had huge games from their big 3 and still the game came down to the celtics mis-executing the final possession in regulation.

i'd say they have more than a fighter's chance on the road in game 5.

Not to be a dick, but the Celtics and HEAT were nearly even on turnovers (17 to 16) and Wade hardly had a huge game. LeBron was clutch. How depressing is that.

#1681 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15209 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:30 PM

Yup. The discussion of why the Celts lost tonight begins and ends with KG's offensive performance. Enough about BBD's knees/affinity for booze/love for Big Macs. KG looked like a crippled Ed Pinckney tonight. Just awful. It looked like he was trying to suck.

I distinctly remember at least two occasions where KG was face up on the defender who basically showed him a clear path to the hoop along the baseline and both times he opted to take awkward contested jumpers that had no chance of going in. I know he likes spinning to his left but shit, he could have walked the ball into the hoop a couple times and he just didn't want to do it.

#1682 triniSox

• 1106 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:40 PM

Not to be a dick, but the Celtics and HEAT were nearly even on turnovers (17 to 16) and Wade hardly had a huge game. LeBron was clutch. How depressing is that.

The Cs turned it over more than they have in this series (averaging 12 or so).

Wade went 28/9/4 (a better stat line that any Celtic) with 14 trips to the line including 3 offensive rebounds (as many as all the Celtics combined). I don't know about you but that's pretty huge.

It's fine if you disagree - I'm saying their big 3 played as well as they've played and we were still close/had an excellent chance to win.

#1683 Nick Kaufman

• protector of human kind from spoilers

• 8306 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:53 AM

I think KG's performance tonight is a textbook case of regression to the mean. He had a fantastic game 3, his performance dropped to the opposite direction next game around.

I thought Ray Allen deserves more criticism as he hasn't played a great game in the series and this was just a subpar game for him. It's not that his shots didn't drop- it's that they were poor shots to begin with, always with a defender and a hand on his face. Part of it is probably due to Rondo's injury, part of it is the fact that Miami played great on defense as well.

I am pretty bummed out about the loss, but I feel that even if we had won, Miami was still going to be favored to win the series. It feels to me that Boston threw everything it had and Miami just matched it and overcame it.

OTOH, had we been a bit better on offense and won, it would have made for another game that Lebron had choked. I mean he scored 30+ points, but he made so many shots. Plus, he lost the ball in the final 17 seconds of the game. I can't imagine Jordan making such a mistake with a pivotal game on the line.

#1684 scottyno

• 2851 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:57 AM

I thought Ray Allen deserves more criticism as he hasn't played a great game yet and this was a subpar game. It's not that his shots didn't drop- it's that they were poor. Part of it is Rondo's condition, part of it is the fact that Miami played great on defense as well.

I am pretty bummed out about the loss, but I feel that even if we had won, Miami was still going to be favored to win the series. It feels to me that Boston threw everything it had and Miami just matched it and overcame it.

he wasn't that good today, and other than his 1 big 3 late that briefly put them up 3 I cant remember any shots he made, and games 2 and 3 he didnt do much, but in game 1 he was easily the best celtic on the court and had a great game

#1685 TheoShmeo

• made johnny damon think long and hard

• 7979 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:01 AM

Last night was very disappointing. So was game 7 against the Lakers, to say the least.

But if you told me after the 2006-7 season that Danny was about to make a series of moves that would bring the Cs one title and three additional seasons of being a bona fide contender, I would have signed up for that in a second. That's what we got and I have no complaints whatsoever.

I seriously doubt that the Cs can win this series given the opponent, how out of shape and ineffective Baby is, the Cs' various injuries and the difficulty in beating any quality team three times in a row (these aren't the 04 Yankees, after all).

But this Celtics group has brought a lot of joy and I'm very grateful to them and the organization for this run.

#1686 BucketOBalls

• SoSH Member

• 5644 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:35 AM

Would have been nice to get one more run out of them. Oh well. This game was won when Wade took out Rondo's arm really. With a 2 armed Rondo they win last night.

At this point, I'd be happy with the just reaching a game 7, but I think there is both 0% of that happening. To go along with the 0% chance of actually winning a game 7 in miami. :(

#1687 geoduck no quahog

• SoSH Member

• 5357 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:01 PM

Sorry, I haven't read this thread since I watch the game the next day...but the way I look at it - the Celtics came this close to beating the Heat with basically 2-3 players. It's unbelievable that they game was that close with nothing out of KG, a hobbled Rondo, sub-par center play, etc., etc.

The Heat should be afraid because they played well.

They should be afraid.

#1688 The_Powa_of_Seiji_Ozawa

• 4092 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

KG looked like a crippled Ed Pinckney tonight. Just awful.

A crippled Ed Pinckney would have been an improvement over KG last night.