Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

SOSH

OK we're back on our main server.  It was taking a super long time to move *everything* back just to save a day's worth of messages.  I've been at this all day now and need to get back to my real job so.,... sorry.  Working on a better plan in case this happens again.  nip

Photo

Ryan Mallett

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#1 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30160 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:18 PM

Accuracy: Flashes very good accuracy on short and intermediate throws. Consistently hits the receiver in stride on crossing routes, slants and post patterns. Shows good touch and ball placement for the fade route. Throws with a flat trajectory on deep routes, showing only moderate accuracy on deep throws overall. Can make the "wow" throw and there isn't an NFL route he can't hit. Accuracy nosedives, however, when he is forced to move his feet, as his long legs prevent him from re-setting quickly and he throws with just his arm. When his feet aren't set, Mallett whips the ball, leading to passes sailing high and others diving low, making his throws difficult for receivers to predict or track and set up for yardage after the catch.

Arm Strength: Mallett's greatest trait. Possesses as strong an arm as there is in the country. Can fit the ball through closing windows, making him capable of completing throws most cannot. Drives the ball on the deep out and can zip the back shoulder throw against tight coverage. Has a tendency to get overly confident with his arm and will attempt to make ill-advised throws into coverage. Has learned to take some speed off when needed.

Setup/Release: Takes most of his snaps out of the shotgun, though he has shown the ability to drop back from center. Gains depth due to the length of his gait rather than foot quickness. Though his long arm makes for an awkward-looking windup, Mallett possesses a fluid, over-the-top release that generates momentum, resulting in the ball exploding out of his hand. Steps into his throws when he has room in the pocket, but loses accuracy when forced to rely solely on his arm.

Reading Defenses: Excellent height to see over the top of his linemen and read defenses. Good field vision, showing the ability to check down from his first and second options to drop passes off to outlet receivers. Flashes the ability to look off the safety, but most do this more consistently. Generally reads the blitz coming and can make defenses pay for their aggression by hitting the hot route, but doesn't possess the athleticism to escape the pocket when he is surprised.

On the Move: Can slide laterally to avoid the rush. Improved significantly as a junior in stepping up in the pocket to buy time. Willing to take a big hit to complete the pass. Has heavy feet and long legs, however, causing him to take longer than most to set his feet and throw accurately when forced to vacate the pocket. Threw critical interceptions late against Alabama and Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl when this occurred. Willing to tuck the ball and run when he's given a free lane and has exhausted his throwing options, but is no danger to consistently gain yardage as a scrambler. Doesn't get low enough or show more than average leg drive for the QB sneak.

Intangibles: Some have concerns over his maturity level. Has a brash personality that has caused some to question whether he possesses the leadership to handle an NFL huddle. Was never voted a team captain with the Razorbacks despite the fact that quarterbacks are often pushed by coaching staffs as such. Very confident in his own talent and early in his career wasn't known for his dedication to the film room. Arrested for public intoxication on March 1, 2009, in Fayetteville.

Compares to: Derek Anderson, Cardinals -- No one questions Mallett's ability to throw a football; he's the most talented pure passer in this draft. But he's tall and lanky and lacks any real mobility. If protected by a strong offensive line, he could turn out to be more like Drew Bledsoe or Joe Flacco.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1632241

#2 Bradyblack

• 273 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

I'm the biggest Ryan Mallett homer in the world, but I truly thought he was the best QB in the draft and all the negative stuff was terrible slander.

Seriously check out this link from a Miami columnist who actually researched Mallett!! I love it!!!

http://weblogs.sun-s...lies_and_1.html

#3 axx

• 4819 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:28 PM

This is totally Bill taking a guy in the third round and spinning him off for a higher round pick in a year or two. If Bill can turn him into a first round pick, it would be totally worth it.

I would be very surprised if he ever plays a meaningful down for the Patriots.

#4 Bradyblack

• 273 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:28 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1632241

That article is wrong in many places including the fact that he was voted team captain both years at Arkansas. he was voted team captain before he even took a snap!

#5 shawnrbu

• SoSH Member

• 9250 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

This is totally Bill taking a guy in the third round and spinning him off for a higher round pick in a year or two. If Bill can turn him into a first round pick, it would be totally worth it.

I would be very surprised if he ever plays a meaningful down for the Patriots.

How exactly can Bill spin him into a 1st Round Pick in a year or two without playing a meaningful down? His value is not going to go up that high standing on the sidelines or from preseason play. He will need playing time to ever fetch a 1st Rounder. Still, an interesting pick, nonetheless.

#6 Harry Hooper

• SoSH Member

• 13386 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:43 PM

How exactly can Bill spin him into a 1st Round Pick in a year or two without playing a meaningful down? His value is not going to go up that high standing on the sidelines or from preseason play. He will need playing time to ever fetch a 1st Rounder. Still, an interesting pick, nonetheless.

Yes, the Matt Cassel example involved the QB in question getting to demonstrate his skill in meaningful NFL games and the other team's GM having unique inside knowledge. Hard to replicate that scenario, and you probably wouldn't want to.

#7 Bradyblack

• 273 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:05 PM

Check this video from the link I posted earlier

#8 MarcSullivaFan

• 1811 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:15 PM

He's also a pretty decent insurance policy. Just sayin'...

#9 Rough Carrigan

• reasons within Reason

• 16316 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:17 PM

Yes, the Matt Cassel example involved the QB in question getting to demonstrate his skill in meaningful NFL games and the other team's GM having unique inside knowledge. Hard to replicate that scenario, and you probably wouldn't want to.

Well, Brady grew up wanting to be Joe Montana, didn't he?
So, somebody has to be Steve Young.

#10 C4CRVT

• 2325 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:18 PM

I've never seen anyone as open as that guy in the first clip.

#11 Rinoblast05

• 60 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:23 PM

How come no one has made the easy comparison between Mallett and Charlie Sheen? If I had the patience I'd flesh this out, but it's just too easy

#12 Groovenstein

• 469 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:26 PM

Not much playing time. See Schaub, Matt. (Yeah, it was high 2nds in consecutive years, but that's about a 1st.)

#13 dynomite

• 4325 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

From ESPN:

Brady is entrenched as the starter and the Patriots also have a promising backup in Brian Hoyer.

By "entrenched," they mean we have a first-ballot Hall of Fame quarterback in the prime of his career...?

---

I'm still mulling the Mallett pick. Belichick must have been unimpressed by the talent on defense in this draft (as many analysts were).

#14 SouthernBoSox

• SoSH Member

• 7800 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:29 PM

I've never seen anyone as open as that guy in the first clip.

Your point? Coach Petrino's offense is an NFL QB offense. He requires the QB to make the line checks, the WR checks, the RB checks, the audible checks and so on. Ryan Mallett is the most NFL ready QB in this draft, and it's not particularly close. Cam Newton is fast, but he has no clue how to operate and NFL offense. Blaine Gabbert is an athlete, has no idea how to run an NFL offense.

Regardless of whatever this dude did to drop far, he is a big accurate huge arm high IQ football QB. He's the best Qb in the draft.

#15 Harry Hooper

• SoSH Member

• 13386 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:31 PM

Two 2nd rounders would make it worthwhile, so in BB we trust.

He does look a bit like Bledsoe in the highlights, fortunately without the throws off the back foot.

#16 quint

• I learned this face in prison

• 2077 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

How come no one has made the easy comparison between Mallett and Charlie Sheen? If I had the patience I'd flesh this out, but it's just too easy

How about if we just give you an hour so to figure it out for yourself?

#17 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 14461 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

Wes Bunting

Ryan Mallett is as talented as any prospect in this year’s class. He has a great arm, can make all the throws, but character concerns have caused him to fall into round three. However, he lands in a great situation in New England with a strong locker room, a brilliant head coach and a quarterback in Tom Brady that he can sit and learn under.

If Mallett is going to make it in the NFL, this is the ideal place for him to do it, as he can be brought along slowly, learn what it means to be a professional and then unleash his freakish ability a couple years down the line.

Because if he ever does put it all together, the Patriots yet again might have come away with another steal at the QB position.

#18 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 14461 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:36 PM

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=6347583

#19 Bradyblack

• 273 posts

Here is another Mallett video of all his throws from the pocket.

Notice Mallett is playing the best defenses in the country. Ohio St., Alabama, LSU.

#20 C4CRVT

• 2325 posts

Your point? Coach Petrino's offense is an NFL QB offense. He requires the QB to make the line checks, the WR checks, the RB checks, the audible checks and so on. Ryan Mallett is the most NFL ready QB in this draft, and it's not particularly close. Cam Newton is fast, but he has no clue how to operate and NFL offense. Blaine Gabbert is an athlete, has no idea how to run an NFL offense.

Regardless of whatever this dude did to drop far, he is a big accurate huge arm high IQ football QB. He's the best Qb in the draft.

My point was that the guy was really open- nothing more.

I'm pretty indifferent about the pick. I have no idea what's going on with BB and hope that it all works out so that we win the superbowl most of the time. That's all.

#21 axx

• 4819 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:42 PM

Another angle on this is that Mallett was drafted so he could be traded to some team soon... Well, when the lockout ends. The Pats in this scenario would in return get a current player as part of the deal, which is why it couldn't be done right now.

#22 Dick Pole Upside

• 3202 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:46 PM

Kurt Warner just said on NFLN that Brady texted him after the Mallett pick and said he (Brady) was playing 10 more years. LOL... :lol:

#23 RoyHobbs

• 1278 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:47 PM

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6347583

Wow. High football IQ -- his Xs and Os seem solid. No wonder why BB liked this guy.

All the Newton charisma in the world doesn't add up to the quality of the chalktalk in this vid.

#24 Ahriman

• noob, toughguy

• 1556 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:08 PM

That part at the whiteboard was really impressive. Literally the polar opposite of Cam Newton.

#25 Bradyblack

• 273 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:17 PM

Ryan Mallett ran a real pro offense in college against the best defenses in college, and racked up unreal numbers by passing the ball. This is something Gabbert, Locker, Kapernick, Dalton and Newton did not do. Mallett is the real deal, and he has no drug problem. It's going to be awesome watching him in pre-season games and blowouts.

#26 Harry Hooper

• SoSH Member

• 13386 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:19 PM

NFL Network's scouting report.

#27 CrouchingTonyHiddenPena

• Dr. Bluetooth

• 2390 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:26 PM

Kurt Warner just said on NFLN that Brady texted him after the Mallett pick and said he (Brady) was playing 10 more years. LOL... :lol:

His exact quote on the NFLN Post Draft analysis on Mallet:

"I did text Tom Brady after this pick, and he wanted me to know for sure that he's planning on playing 10 more years!"

Love the fire from Brady, and I see this as not seeing value elsewhere so they used it on Mallet providing a potential win-win scenario. The NFL is a brutal place, and nobody knows for sure what the future holds. Brady wants to play for 10 more years...right now, after the pick fired him up. He could want out in 12, 24, 36 months, etc, and we would have a possible groomed replacement with immense talent ready, similar to Rodgers.

That or he's trade bait either soon, or after some possible decent performances. He's in the best situation with no pressure to succeed right away, has a HOF QB and Coach to teach him the position, defenses and league in general, and will be taught that ole' "Patriot Way" quickly to clean up any image/character issues. He's gotta be psyched to be where he is at the end of the day, and we're in a good no pressure situation with upside as well...provided he doesn't melt down a la Leaf.

Rose-colored glasses off...he could end up sucking. End of the day it's only one pick, and they've missed on plenty before. I think it was a good one.

Edited by CrouchingTonyHiddenPena, 29 April 2011 - 10:39 PM.

#28 Harry Hooper

• SoSH Member

• 13386 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:34 PM

ESPN Sport Science segment on Mallett's arm strength.

On-field interview at NFL Combine after workouts.

Press conference at NFL Combine.

#29 lostjumper

• 897 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:35 PM

I had seen the Newton one, but not this one. All I can say is WOW! He sounded like a pro already. Gruden was grinning ear to ear whyle Mallett was diagramming. I can see why the Pats had him #1 on their board. There is a ton of potential there...

#30 Ed Hillel

• Wants to be startin somethin

• 38224 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:42 PM

TwinsFan184 from ESPN sums up my thoughts about this pick pefectly:

Ryan Mallet, in the eyes of ESPN, has just become the most important pick in the draft. Selected by anybody else but New England and he would be a rumor.

http://myespn.go.com...w/story/6452644

#31 Ferm Sheller

• 4040 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:43 PM

Wow. High football IQ -- his Xs and Os seem solid. No wonder why BB liked this guy.

All the Newton charisma in the world doesn't add up to the quality of the chalktalk in this vid.

This full episode is airing on ESPNU right now. (The Gruden-Mallet talk.)

Edited by Ferm Sheller, 29 April 2011 - 10:44 PM.

#32 mascho

• SoSH Member

• 12807 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:49 PM

John Daly adds an interesting angle to this Gruden-Mallett QB Camp.

#33 Ferm Sheller

• 4040 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:51 PM

John Daly adds an interesting angle to this Gruden-Mallett QB Camp.

It took me a minute to realize that he is the golfer John Daly (I thought maybe he was a coach or something with the same name). Man, does he look different from the last time I saw him.

#34 SouthernBoSox

• SoSH Member

• 7800 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:55 PM

Lost a ton of weight. Still a really funny drunk guy, almost looks unhealthy with all that weight lost though.

#35 Ferm Sheller

• 4040 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:56 PM

Gruden: "What are you going to do after a tough loss and Ray Lewis comes by and slams his fist on your locker?"

Ha ha.

#36 Harry Hooper

• SoSH Member

• 13386 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:20 PM

According to Phil Simms pre-draft, Mallett could be the next Aaron Rodgers.

#37 Sea Bass Neely

• 2348 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:36 PM

I don't watch the NFL, so I have no horse in the race, but I really think he was the best QB in the draft.

His two biggest problems are:
1) Attitude/Mental stuff - He's actually gotten a lot better at this but has a ways to go.
2) Lateral movement - I don't see this one getting better.

#38 jk333

• 1757 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:55 AM

I don't watch the NFL, so I have no horse in the race, but I really think he was the best QB in the draft.

1) Attitude/Mental stuff - He's actually gotten a lot better at this but has a ways to go.

I agree; he was pretty solid as a freshman at Michigan (almost as good as Henne was as a Senior) and got better at Arkansas. Backing up Brady could be a great situation for him; time will tell. Unbelievable to me that Ponder went 12th and Mallett went in the 3rd. I thought Mallett was the best QB in this draft...

#39 Chemistry Schmemistry

• has been programmed to get funky/cry human tears

• 7385 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:58 AM

He's a guy who would have been drafted in the top ten if not for the persistent rumors he did drugs and has trouble in the locker room (and he acted like an asshat at the Combine). He gets his wake-up call right away, unlike Ryan Leaf.

BB felt he could draft two piece-work running backs on day two. Obviously there's room to take a flier on this immense talent.

#40 Beomoose

• SoSH Member

• 8065 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:32 AM

That part at the whiteboard was really impressive. Literally the polar opposite of Cam Newton.

Yeah my take on him just shot up quite a few notches having seen that. The kid has a head for the position, and we know he's got the arm for it.

#41 Dgilpin

• 3350 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:43 AM

I'm really high on Mallet as well, I believe mentally and physically he's the most NFL ready QB in thus draft. The funny part is he's the only QB in this draft where he doesn't have to be, none of the other QB's drafted are really going to be in a position were they can learn from an NFL vet for a few years (in this case an NFL HOF). Awesome pick by the Pats, I believe Mallet will be the most successful QB from this draft.

#42 Average Reds

• SoSH Member

• 9409 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:18 AM

This is spot on. He's got loads of talent, and if he can grow up a bit, he'll be a great pro QB.

The Pats are a perfect situation for him to sit, learn and develop. He either becomes the successor to Brady, or he develops into valuable trade bait. Smart pick either way.

#43 dcdrew10

• 898 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:20 AM

Watching the two YouTube videos on Mallett (small sample size, I know) he doesn't seem to have a huge problem moving to avoid the pass rush. Also gleamed from those two videos either Dan Adams has awful hands or Mallett throws his fast ball every time and receivers can't handle it. I can't say I am particularly thrilled with the Mallett pick ( I preferred McElRoy in 5th on down), but I am holding out hope that there is a wink/nod deal waiting for the new CBA involving an active player.

#44 nocode51

• 167 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:23 AM

According to Phil Simms pre-draft, Mallett could be the next Aaron Rodgers.

Of course in this scenario Brady starts talking retirement, coming back, retiring, back, etc. Eventually he ends up on the Jets after a trip to an NFC team and flames out big time in the playoffs.

I know that Simms has insider knowledge but this scenario seems like a BIT of a long shot.

#45 mascho

• SoSH Member

• 12807 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:35 AM

Watching the two YouTube videos on Mallett (small sample size, I know) he doesn't seem to have a huge problem moving to avoid the pass rush. Also gleamed from those two videos either Dan Adams has awful hands or Mallett throws his fast ball every time and receivers can't handle it. I can't say I am particularly thrilled with the Mallett pick ( I preferred McElRoy in 5th on down), but I am holding out hope that there is a wink/nod deal waiting for the new CBA involving an active player.

I too thought the Patriots would draft McElroy in the 5th or later, but the thought never entered my mind that Mallett would be available in the 3rd.

What impressed me was on that one play that Mallett drew up on the white board, there were not only multiple routes that would be converted based on coverage, there were not only multiple hot reads (on both sides of the field) but the entire field was available to him.

The system I played in in college was also a pro style offense. But every passing play and our reads on every throw were based on coverage and then simplified to either the strong or weak side of the formation. On some plays, if we saw Cover 2 we'd go strongside, and if we saw Cover 3 or man we'd go weakside. Other plays would flip those reads. But every passing play was simplified to one half of the field. And that includes our Hail Mary package. (And for me, the worst backup QB in the whole of college football from 1996 to 1999, my reads were even more simplified). :rolling:

On the play Mallett drew up, seems to me that every route was available to him on each coverage he saw. Left the entire field open to him. That shows a ton of confidence in him from the coaches, and tells me that he's got great vision as a QB.

That is further evidenced by having hot reads on each side of the formation. Often teams have one hot read based upon the blocking scheme, anticipating one unblocked defender on one side of the formation. In other words, protection is slid to the right side of the formation, and you anticipate an unblocked defender on the left. On the snap if the QB sees someone unblocked blitzing then he makes the hot throw. Here Mallett has hot reads on both sides, great vision and awareness.

Like everyone, I was pretty impressed with that bit, and that is what I took away from it.

#46 Todd Benzinger

• 4285 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:46 AM

Reissmakes a point I haven't seen on SoSH:

From a football standpoint, Hoyer's contract expires after the 2011 season and if he plays well in the preseason, he could draw Kevin Kolb-type interest around the NFL.

This gives the Patriots a highly-touted in-house option to move up the ranks should that scenario unfold.

So Reiss doesn't see BB as wanting to cash in Mallet in 3 years--rather the pick gives him the option of cashing in Hoyer (or at minimum replacing him) before Hoyer's contract expires.

EDIT: was in mentioned the Megathread

Edited by Todd Benzinger, 30 April 2011 - 07:56 AM.

#47 Salva135

• Cassandra

• 1143 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:15 AM

Reissmakes a point I haven't seen on SoSH:

So Reiss doesn't see BB as wanting to cash in Mallet in 3 years--rather the pick gives him the option of cashing in Hoyer (or at minimum replacing him) before Hoyer's contract expires.

EDIT: was in mentioned the Megathread

Can someone explain how the Patriots can "cash in" on Mallett (or Hoyer, for that matter)? What body of work do they or will they have over the next several years aside from preseason games and garbage time snaps? Kolb and Cassel played snaps in actual meaningful games and succeeded, but only due to starter injuries. Mallett is only going to get a chance to showcase himself on the field if Brady gets injured again or something catastrophic happens to his playing ability... and what aside from showcasing their ability on the field is going to entice teams to make a big move to get either of these guys? If other teams think Mallett is that good without seeing him play in real games, they would have drafted him. I'm just not understanding how they can become higher commodities than they already are from the Patriots' trading point of view.

Edited by Salva135, 30 April 2011 - 08:17 AM.

#48 mascho

• SoSH Member

• 12807 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:22 AM

There is always the Matt Schaub model, who was the most coveted backup QB for a period of time and was dealt based on potential, not performance.

I think that if Mallett is to become some sort of trade commodity, the way that happens is that he learns under Brady, plays well in preseason/mop-up situations, keeps his nose clean (for lack of a better phrase) and doesn't get bounced out of the league within two years. That will probably bring league GMs back around to the fact that this guy is a first-round type of talent who has now proven that the concerns over his character are overrated. That's one route.

Or there is another route that would prove Mallett (or Hoyer's) worth, but due to my superstitious nature I will simply allude to that, and won't type out the words.

EDIT: Had to clean that up a bit.

Edited by mascho, 30 April 2011 - 08:24 AM.

#49 PBDWake

• 2480 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:23 AM

Can someone explain how the Patriots can "cash in" on Mallett (or Hoyer, for that matter)? What body of work do they or will they have over the next several years aside from preseason games and garbage time snaps? Kolb and Cassel played snaps in actual meaningful games and succeeded, but only due to starter injuries. Mallett is only going to get a chance to showcase himself on the field if Brady gets injured again or something catastrophic happens to his playing ability... and what aside from showcasing their ability on the field is going to entice teams to make a big move to get either of these guys? If other teams think Mallett is that good without seeing him play in real games, they would have drafted him. I'm just not understanding how they can become higher commodities than they already are from the Patriots' trading point of view.

See Schaub, Matt, or at the very least, Whitehurst, Charlie.

Besides, almost everybody conceded that he was the best on-the-field QB talent of this draft, or, at the very least, right there with Gabbert and Newton. The concern was whether or not he'd keep it together off the field. If he does keep it together off the field, it should ease many of the concerns that were had going into the draft, as well as have teams being able to trade for him without worrying about the standard rookie "interning" period.

#50 Tyrone Biggums

• nfl meets tri-annually at a secret country mansion in colorado,

• 3227 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:29 AM

Normally this I would agree with, however a QB usually drops due to

1)Football IQ
2)Lack of Mobility
3)Character Issues
4)Lack of Accuracy
5)Lack of Arm Strength/Height

Mallet is regarded as having the best arm in the draft, however hes also known to have the mobility of a statue. His football IQ has never been questioned he seems to be able to recognize and draw up routes and defenses pretty well. The main things that kept him from being in the first two rounds? The Media. The hype of all the character issues (which as far as I know was just alcohol/pot) is pretty stupid, I'm assuming the vast majority of us have been to college, are you going to sit here and say you've never drank or smoked pot? I think we get into this habit of believing that since these guys are on TV and will be making millions of dollars that they should all have the character of Tebow. He made mistakes, and deserves a 2nd chance. I think at worst this guy will be Jeff George, so in the 3rd round I actually don't mind this pick. Hes not a finished product, he has height and a cannon for an arm. He could be our future at this spot...or he could be cut in training camp either way its a good gamble.

So to answer the question, if he makes the throws in pre season and he keeps his nose clean, those doubts will be erased and suitors will come. Someone will take a chance on him, but maybe they might be looking towards Brady's next contract. Or maybe they're treating him as a much better version of Kevin O'Connell, going to be fun to find out.

Edited by Tyrone Biggums, 30 April 2011 - 08:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users