Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

UMass jumping to FBS in 2012, MAC play in 2013

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
171 replies to this topic

#101 WayBackVazquez

• white knight against high school nookie

• 5,442 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:09 PM

I don't think there's a non-AQ school out there that doesn't have a cash grab game. Heck, even some AQ teams have them. That they got home-and-homes with two AQ-teams Indiana and Vandy before they even start FBS play might be unprecedented. I have a perverse attraction to teams making the jump, and in recent years I can't remember any (WKU, Buffalo, FAU/FIU/USF, UConn) getting those kinds of home-and-homes this quickly.

It is, of course, all about the $$$. Vandy and Indiana have awful home attendance, and don't really make anything from home games. Indiana last season grossed only $1.4 million from its Big Ten home games, where they charge higher ticket prices, and averaged 14,000 more fans (or about 37% more) per game. And Vandy of course is the only SEC team that doesn't make money on football. It's likely that whatever UMass has guaranteed them for the games at Gillette is equal to or more than they'd net from a home game after paying an OOC opponent. Add it to the fact that it's a likely win playing essentially an FCS team but counting toward bowl eligibility, and it's a no-brainer for crappy AQ teams like these two.

Edited by WayBackVazquez, 28 September 2011 - 08:41 PM.

#102 Infield Infidel

• teaching korea american

• 8,753 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:50 PM

whoops

Edited by Infield Infidel, 28 September 2011 - 09:54 PM.

#103 Infield Infidel

• teaching korea american

• 8,753 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:51 PM

All your points are good there. And seeing how Indiana has played this year, UMass has a decent shot, especially playing the FBS home-opening.

Also, Vandy made $4.38m in football 08-09. Last in the SEC, but still a profit. It's hard not to when they get $18.3m from the conference.

#104 WayBackVazquez

• 5,442 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:36 PM

All your points are good there. And seeing how Indiana has played this year, UMass has a decent shot, especially playing the FBS home-opening.

Also, Vandy made $4.38m in football 08-09. Last in the SEC, but still a profit. It's hard not to when they get $18.3m from the conference.

The SEC revenue sharing comes from all sports, it doesn't go into the football column on the ledger like Big Ten gate sharing might. And last year Vandy reported break even football revenues vs. expenses.

#105 Franklin Fanatic

• 176 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:55 AM

Brutal loss at ODU; horrible in the 1st and 4th quarters. To me, that comes back to the coaches having them ready to go. I don't know if Morris is the right coach for this or any level.

#106 Dummy Hoy

• Angry Pissbum

• 3,052 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:57 AM

Brutal loss at ODU; horrible in the 1st and 4th quarters. To me, that comes back to the coaches having them ready to go. I don't know if Morris is the right coach for this or any level.

I know if Morris is the right coach- he's not. He was a brutal offensive coordinator (despite some great schemes) who was hired because the school didn't want to go through the cost of a legit coaching search and hiring a qualified candidate. Despite getting quality talent, Morris is a .500 coach. This is NOT the man to be coaching the team during this important transition period. Christ, even a competitive game against a terrible BC team would have gotten some alumni excited.

#107 Franklin Fanatic

• 176 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

Anyone headed to the Razor for the game tomorrow? I'm hoping for a good turnout. Umass needs to play well infront of the Boston area alumni.

#108 Franklin Fanatic

• 176 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

Morris chasing points in the 2nd Q; he MUST go!!

#109 Franklin Fanatic

• 176 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:03 AM

Another pathetic performance by UMASS yesterday. I'm now rooting for two more losses to end the season - and the Kevin Morris era.

#110 Franklin Fanatic

• 176 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:54 AM

Umass has fired Kevin Morris! Hopefully they don't go cheap on the new hire.

#111 jsinger121

• @jsinger121

• 11,019 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:07 AM

Notre Dame offensive coordinator Charley Molnar likely to be the new UMass coach.

http://www.boston.co...ll_Sports_links

#112 Franklin Fanatic

• 176 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:48 AM

Notre Dame offensive coordinator Charley Molnar likely to be the new UMass coach.

http://www.boston.co...ll_Sports_links

I was just coming here to post that. I think it's a great hire. He knows the MAC and the spread offense.

#113 RedSoxFan

• 3,681 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

Will be introduced tomorrow at 4pm

http://www.gazettene...hursday-at-4-pm

#114 Franklin Fanatic

• 176 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

Umass is close to scheduling games at Colorado and at Wisconsin in 2013 and 2014. Also rumored to be working on two other big time opponents as well. I'm very impressed with Coach Molnar and his staff.

#115 TomRicardo

• rusty cohlebone

• 18,451 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

ZOOMASS

#116 jsinger121

• @jsinger121

• 11,019 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

Umass is close to scheduling games at Colorado and at Wisconsin in 2013 and 2014. Also rumored to be working on two other big time opponents as well. I'm very impressed with Coach Molnar and his staff.

Will they be getting home dates with those teams as well?

#117 Franklin Fanatic

• 176 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

That I don't know yet. Coach said it should be announced soon, so we won't know until then, but I'd imagine both teams come here at some point in 2015 or 2016.

#118 WayBackVazquez

• 5,442 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:53 AM

That I don't know yet. Coach said it should be announced soon, so we won't know until then, but I'd imagine both teams come here at some point in 2015 or 2016.

Lol. Yeah, Wisconsin will be coming to Umass.

#119 mabrowndog

• Ask me about total zone...or paint

• 38,597 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

The only way either team comes to Gillette is if there's an enormous guaranteed payout. Quid pro quo does not apply to arrangements between big-time established FBS programs and fledgling arrivals from FCS.

#120 WayBackVazquez

• 5,442 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

The only way either team comes to Gillette is if there's an enormous guaranteed payout. Quid pro quo does not apply to arrangements between big-time established FBS programs and fledgling arrivals from FCS.

Colorado has a smaller stadium and its team sucks, so I could see a home and home or 2 for 1, but no f'n way for Wiscy.

#121 Franklin Fanatic

• 176 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:26 AM

It will be a 3 game series with Colorado; two in Boulder and one at Gillette. The Wisconsin game is a one-time event at Camp Randall in 2013.

Here is a good link with schedule info. http://www.fbschedul...s-minutemen.php

Edited by Franklin Fanatic, 04 February 2012 - 08:28 AM.

#122 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 17,368 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

It will be a 3 game series with Colorado; two in Boulder and one at Gillette. The Wisconsin game is a one-time event at Camp Randall in 2013.

Mike Bohn, AD at Colorado, had hinted at them scheduling games against an unnamed Northeast opponent. I thought it might be BC until I looked at their schedule. It makes sense now.

#123 jsinger121

• @jsinger121

• 11,019 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

Mike Bohn, AD at Colorado, had hinted at them scheduling games against an unnamed Northeast opponent. I thought it might be BC until I looked at their schedule. It makes sense now.

BC wouldn't schedule someone like that. They would rather settle on playing the URI's and Maine's of the world.

#124 Red(s)HawksFan

• SoSH Member

• 5,210 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

The Wisconsin game makes sense. I think the Big Ten has some kind of unofficial deal with the MAC as its designated "patsy" conference (makes sense given the geography). It seems every year a Big Ten team is hosting a MAC team early in the season, at least from what I notice. In the last ten years, Miami has made September trips to Ohio State, Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Iowa, with only Northwestern reciprocating to my recollection. The Colorado deal is probably as good a reciprocation deal as UMass is going to get at this point. It'll be interesting to see how much of a draw the Buffaloes are this far east.

Any one know when the conference schedules are set? I see Miami is coming to UMass this year, which might be as close as the RedHawks get to me geographically. Might have to make my way to that game. Hoping it's at Gillette, but I'm betting it'll be at McGuirk.

#125 Franklin Fanatic

• 176 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:07 AM

The Wisconsin game makes sense. I think the Big Ten has some kind of unofficial deal with the MAC as its designated "patsy" conference (makes sense given the geography). It seems every year a Big Ten team is hosting a MAC team early in the season, at least from what I notice. In the last ten years, Miami has made September trips to Ohio State, Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Iowa, with only Northwestern reciprocating to my recollection. The Colorado deal is probably as good a reciprocation deal as UMass is going to get at this point. It'll be interesting to see how much of a draw the Buffaloes are this far east.

Any one know when the conference schedules are set? I see Miami is coming to UMass this year, which might be as close as the RedHawks get to me geographically. Might have to make my way to that game. Hoping it's at Gillette, but I'm betting it'll be at McGuirk.

All homes games are at Gillette thru at least 2016. There can't be anything on campus until they improve and expand McGuirk.

#126 Franklin Fanatic

• 176 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

Coach Molnar and his staff are are really recruiting hard in Florida as they've made numerous offers for 2013. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do when they have a full year to recruit. Check out Marc Bertrand's blog for all things Umass football - maroonmusket.com

#127 Franklin Fanatic

• 176 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

Schedule is out:

8/30 @ Uconn
9/8 vs. Indiana
9/15 @ Michigan
9/22 @ Miami (OH)
9/29 vs Ohio
10/6 @ Western Michigan
10/20 vs Bowling Green
10/27 @ Vanderbilt
11/3 @ Northern Illinois
11/10 @ Akron
11/17 vs Buffalo
11/23 vs Central Michigan

#128 Domer

• 2,139 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

They'll play at Notre Dame in 2015

#129 Franklin Fanatic

• 176 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:05 AM

They'll play at Notre Dame in 2015

Road trip!

#130 Franklin Fanatic

• 176 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

I'm a little disappointed in the lack of marketing in the Boston papers. So many alumni are in the greater Boston area, I think they are missing the boat. Now is the time to get everyone excited and build the fanbase.

#131 mabrowndog

• Ask me about total zone...or paint

• 38,597 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

Schedule is out:

8/30 @ Uconn

That's a Thursday night, so I'm assuming it'll be televised nationally.

#132 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 17,368 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

That's a Thursday night, so I'm assuming it'll be televised nationally.

Not always. It probably will be on ESPN3 but only televised locally by a NESN or CSNNE and in the NYC area on SNY.

#133 WayBackVazquez

• 5,442 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

Not always. It probably will be on ESPN3 but only televised locally by a NESN or CSNNE and in the NYC area on SNY.

Yeah, there are like 15 games scheduled that night, including South Carolina/Vandy on ESPN, and TAMU/LaTech on ESPNU.

#134 kenneycb

• Hates Goose Island Beer; Loves Backdoor Play

• 7,389 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

I'm a little disappointed in the lack of marketing in the Boston papers. So many alumni are in the greater Boston area, I think they are missing the boat. Now is the time to get everyone excited and build the fanbase.

Yeah, if they don't cover BC football they're sure as hell not going to cover UMass' team.

#135 Franklin Fanatic

• 176 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

Yeah, if they don't cover BC football they're sure as hell not going to cover UMass' team.

I actually sent John McCuthen an email and he said the full press marketing will start across the state after the Spring Game on 4/28. We'll see.

In a related story, I renewed my season tickets yesterday. Go Umass!!

#136 kenneycb

• Hates Goose Island Beer; Loves Backdoor Play

• 7,389 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

Just don't expect to get much press from the papers aside from the token "Yes, UMass actually has a football team" garden variety stuff and very lazy reporting otherwise.

#137 Franklin Fanatic

• 176 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

Just don't expect to get much press from the papers aside from the token "Yes, UMass actually has a football team" garden variety stuff and very lazy reporting otherwise.

I agree, but I still want to see a full court press from the marketing department that focuses on all the alumni in the Boston area. We'll see.

#138 Dummy Hoy

• Angry Pissbum

• 3,052 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

Nice write-up on the Minutemen. People at this site clearly did their homework.

I thought they were a little too easy on Morris though. ;)

#139 Franklin Fanatic

• 176 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

Umass confirmed game at Kansas State in 2013 and are rumored to be at Penn State in 2016. Great job with the OOC scheduling!

#140 berniecarbo1

• 1,134 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

Umass confirmed game at Kansas State in 2013 and are rumored to be at Penn State in 2016. Great job with the OOC scheduling!

Yes, some nice OOC games but they all appear to be road games. Any comparable home games...Vandy and Indiana are not Tennessee and Notre Dame any way you slice it.

#141 jsinger121

• @jsinger121

• 11,019 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:51 AM

They should have at least been able to get a 2 for 1 from Kansas State.

#142 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 17,368 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

They need the massive checks that these games provide.

#143 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 17,368 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

Yes, some nice OOC games but they all appear to be road games. Any comparable home games...Vandy and Indiana are not Tennessee and Notre Dame any way you slice it.

It is very hard for a fledgling program like UMass to lure Tennessee or Notre Dame-types to go on the road to play them(even if the game is in Gillette). It very,very rarely happens. But, Texas has done it twice in recent memory. They did a 2-for-1 with Wyoming with Texas going to Laramie in '09 and Wyoming going to Austin in '10 and '12. Texas ended up paying Wyoming $900,000 after the first two years were a $250,000 check for both teams. Texas also gave a game back to UCF, but that was a special occasion as UCF used Texas as a draw for the opening game in their new stadium.

I looked up the future football schedules for major BCS teams and this is how many teams are going on the road to non-BCS teams.

Miami--2015 at Toledo and at Memphis
Virginia Tech--2015 and 17 at East Carolina
Oklahoma--2014 at Tulsa and 2020 at Army
Nebraska--2014 at Fresno State
Oregon--2013 at Nevada and 2015 at Wyoming
USC--2013 at Hawaii
Stanford--2013 at Army
Tennessee--2017 at Memphis

As you can see, as of right now there is one major BCS team traveling to a MAC team over the next 7-8 years. All of those teams on there are either in-state teams, destination games(Hawaii), or established non-AQ teams. It is tough to make a major team come play a team like UMass simply because they don't have to.

#144 Grin&MartyBarret

• 3,576 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

It is very hard for a fledgling program like UMass to lure Tennessee or Notre Dame-types to go on the road to play them(even if the game is in Gillette). It very,very rarely happens. But, Texas has done it twice in recent memory. They did a 2-for-1 with Wyoming with Texas going to Laramie in '09 and Wyoming going to Austin in '10 and '12. Texas ended up paying Wyoming $900,000 after the first two years were a $250,000 check for both teams. Texas also gave a game back to UCF, but that was a special occasion as UCF used Texas as a draw for the opening game in their new stadium.

I looked up the future football schedules for major BCS teams and this is how many teams are going on the road to non-BCS teams.

Miami--2015 at Toledo and at Memphis
Virginia Tech--2015 and 17 at East Carolina
Oklahoma--2014 at Tulsa and 2020 at Army
Nebraska--2014 at Fresno State
Oregon--2013 at Nevada and 2015 at Wyoming
USC--2013 at Hawaii
Stanford--2013 at Army
Tennessee--2017 at Memphis

As you can see, as of right now there is one major BCS team traveling to a MAC team over the next 7-8 years. All of those teams on there are either in-state teams, destination games(Hawaii), or established non-AQ teams. It is tough to make a major team come play a team like UMass simply because they don't have to.

And a lot of the time, those games never end up being played. I follow Ohio in the MAC, and we have had Virginia Tech scheduled to come to Athens two different times and both times Virginia Tech offered a large buyout to get out of the game, and for budgetary reasons, Ohio couldn't say no.

#145 berniecarbo1

• 1,134 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

I hear what you all are saying and understand the rationale, but this whole thing is about marketing and building a program to essentially entice Boston area alumni to follow the team and treat the football prgram as an ad campaign for the entire university system. Given that the games are played at Gillette and The Big 10 traditionally plays MAC schools as OOC early season opponents, I can think of a nice 3-1 scenario for the Minutemen....Penn State. UMass heads to Happy Valley 3 times in a cycle and the "new" Nittany Lions come ot Foxboro once in a cycle.

Another program would be Michigan since they have established a recent relationship with UMass. I would stay away from the ACC as BC brings those teams in and you need diversity to excite a crowd. Also steer clear of the BE for the same reason as to UConn. Another program I would try to set up a series with, (and also try to hook up the basketball programs as well) is UCLA. I would definitely put together another 3-1 deal. That would be a fabulous recruiting tool for UMass, you could sell the kids on a trip to the Rose Bowl and West Coast at least 2 times in their career. It could also be a great alumni trip, fundraiser, etc. Random thoughts I know but I didn't get the drift that UMass wanted to become the next Bowling Green in football....I thought they were looking higher and wanted to be on the same level as BC and UConn, at a minimum, and rather quickly. Those road games are necessary, no doubt. But I think they need to partner with programs that are willing to come to Foxboro at least once in a series cycle, go after national schools and if they can muster a basketball series out of them as well, hey that's even better.

Edited by berniecarbo1, 20 April 2012 - 10:43 AM.

#146 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 17,368 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

I hear what you all are saying and understand the rationale, but this whole thing is about marketing and building a program to essentially entice Boston area alumni to follow the team and treat the football prgram as an ad campaign for the entire university system. Given that the games are played at Gillette and The Big 10 traditionally plays MAC schools as OOC early season opponents, I can think of a nice 3-1 scenario for the Minutemen....Penn State. UMass heads to Happy Valley 3 times in a cycle and the "new" Nittany Lions come ot Foxboro once in a cycle.

Another program would be Michigan since they have established a recent relationship with UMass. I would stay away from the ACC as BC brings those teams in and you need diversity to excite a crowd. Also steer clear of the BE for the same reason as to UConn. Another program I would try to set up a series with, (and also try to hook up the basketball programs as well) is UCLA. I would definitely put together another 3-1 deal. That would be a fabulous recruiting tool for UMass, you could sell the kids on a trip to the Rose Bowl and West Coast at least 2 times in their career. It could also be a great alumni trip, fundraiser, etc. Random thoughts I know but I didn't get the drift that UMass wanted to become the next Bowling Green in football....I thought they were looking higher and wanted to be on the same level as BC and UConn, at a minimum, and rather quickly. Those road games are necessary, no doubt. But I think they need to partner with programs that are willing to come to Foxboro at least once in a series cycle, go after national schools and if they can muster a basketball series out of them as well, hey that's even better.

I'm sure they are going after those schools that you're talking about. But, there's not much to entice these teams with. It's a game where these teams are supposed to beat UMass and if they don't it's a failure. Until playing UMass helps these teams in their OOC schedule, they won't come on the road to play them. They can easily stay at home, play a patsy, and bring in more money. If UMass establishes some success in FBS, then it's a different story. But for now, they are a glorified FCS team.

#147 WayBackVazquez

• 5,442 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

Another program would be Michigan since they have established a recent relationship with UMass.

Has something changed with Michigan since you last brought up this absurd possibility almost exactly a year ago? I mean besides Michigan winning a BCS Bowl?

Michigan hasn't played a non Big 10 road game against anyone other than Notre Dame since 2003....Do you understand how much income is generated by a game at the Big House or the Horseshoe? There is no way they can match that with a smaller percentage of an appearance fee on the road against UMass. Not even close. And by the same token, there is no way UMass is going to be able to do better with who they CAN get, then they'd be able to do by playing AT Tennessee, or Michigan, or OSU, and collecting $1 million for it.

Seriously, this is not ever going to happen. Accept it. The special relationship that you think UMass and Michigan are developing is nothing more than UMass taking a payday, and Michigan filling out out the home schedule with an FBS win. Michigan brings one of Eastern, Central, or Western Michigan to the Big House pretty much every year. And they don't hop on the bus every fourth year to return the favor. It ain't gonna happen for UMass. I promise.

Edited by WayBackVazquez, 20 April 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#148 berniecarbo1

• 1,134 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

Has something changed with Michigan since you last brought up this absurd possibility almost exactly a year ago? I mean besides Michigan winning a BCS Bowl? Seriously, this is not ever going to happen. Accept it. The special relationship that you think UMass and Michigan are developing is nothing more than UMass taking a payday, and Michigan filling out out the home schedule with an FBS win. Michigan brings one of Eastern, Central, or Western Michigan to the Big House pretty much every year. And they don't hop on the bus every fourth year to return the favor. It ain't gonna happen for UMass. I promise.

ya, something has changed...they ain't that good anymore....seriously!!! YOU get over it dude! Michigan of the 21st century is noting like the Michigan of the 20th century. Never say never about anything bro, who would have thunk Michigan would have lost to Appalachian State...at the Big House!!!..or that UMass themselves scared the shit out of you a couple of years ago...you ain't that good brother....accept that!!

To add stats to my argument, let's look at that 11-2 Sugar Bowl championship seaosn, shall we???

OK, Michigan is 11-2, looks real good and mighty except when you drill into it, you realize three(3) of those wins come against W Mich, E Mich and san Diego State. So take them off the list. Now we are down to an 8-2 record. It looks good, until you drill a little deeper. I look at teams against BCS competition. If you read my rants over on the BC thread, you can see my logic. i am not going to go into it here. Suffice to say if you are in the BCS, you should beat all non BCS competition you play. So i look at how you do against similarly situated schools (BCS members).

Michigan went 8-2 against the BCS opposition it faced. However, it faced only 4 teams with winning records against BCS opponents (ND, Mich State, Nebraska and Va Tech). They went 3-1 against them. The lost to MSU, crushed Nebraska, beat ND by 4 and beat Va Tech by 3 in OT in the Sugar Bowl. The balance of the opponents they faced in 2011 had a combined BCS record of 22-35, and they lost to Iowa who went 4-5 against the BCS. Bottom line is Michigan had a relatively weak schedule in 2011 and it is no wonder they went 11-2. To crow about a Sugar Bowl win against the #2 team in the ACC, whose biggest win of the year was against Ga Tech who lost the Sun Bowl to Utah is laughable. Again, facts don't lie...Michigan isn't that good. You had 1 quality win all year...that's nothing to to be proud of, especially in ann Arbor.

Edited by berniecarbo1, 20 April 2012 - 11:36 PM.

#149 WayBackVazquez

• 5,442 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

I have no idea what any of that nonsense--and make no mistake, your "argument" that a team finishing in the top 15 of every human and computer poll in the country and again pulling elite recruiting classes "ain't that good anymore" is nonsense--has to do with the matter at hand. Did you read the link? Did you read the post? Are you so blinded your inexplicable UMass fanboydom that you can't get it through your thick skull that Michigan could go 4-7 for the next five years and it still wouldn't play a road game at UMass? It. Makes. 6 million. Per home game. The AD has explicitly stated that he doesn't want to play any road games other than Notre Dame. Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend?

Do you realize I graduated from UMass?

#150 Domer

• 2,139 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

ya, something has changed...they ain't that good anymore....seriously!!! YOU get over it dude! Michigan of the 21st century is noting like the Michigan of the 20th century. Never say never about anything bro, who would have thunk Michigan would have lost to Appalachian State...at the Big House!!!..or that UMass themselves scared the shit out of you a couple of years ago...you ain't that good brother....accept that!!

As much as I love making fun of Michigan, winners of 0.5 national championships in the last six decades, this post is utter nonsense. While winning is a large part of the equation, it all doesn't matter if three MAC or FCS schools are willing play at Michigan Stadium for a price less than what the U or M will earn at the gate. No FCS upset or 3-9 season will change this calculus. Next time try using more ellipses and exclamation points.