Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Welcome back to Foxboro, Peyton: Indianapolis @ NE

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1214 replies to this topic

#1201 MarcSullivaFan

• 1,963 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:01 PM

Yes, Cunningham did disrupt Manning's balance on that throw. But I was referring to Kyle Arrington, who lined up at defensive end for a number of snaps in the 2nd half, even before Mike Wright went down. Just to clarify.

Okay--sorry. Missed that. Was watching kids, cooking dinner etc. while watching the game. I assumed it had to be a typo--Arrington! I'll have to go back and watch those plays.

#1202 Dgilpin

• 3,680 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:15 PM

I am not worried about Detroit. I have the pleasure of watching them every week, and they suck. They lost to the Bills. Enough said.

Quotes like this are going to make me enjoy the Lions thanksgiving victory even more.

#1203 mikcou

• 324 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:45 PM

Im sure its just a coincidence, but BC did almost the exact same thing on Virginia's last drive yesterday, but only for the 1 drive I believe; they were lining up a WR at one of the DE spots to try and rush the passer, it almost worked once, then after that the linemen figured it out and pretty much flattened him every play.

'

Coincidence and not really even at all similar - the wide receiver in question, Ifeanyi Momah, redshirted last year to add weight and move to DE, and but for Larmond's injury was going to be a sub rush end. Hes also 6'6" 240. Anyway, Ill be interested if Reiss can come up with what actually the rationale was for arrington playing end.

#1204 epraz

• SoSH Member

• 5,338 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:04 PM

Posted Image

I like that Painter picked it up.

#1205 BoredViewer

• 2,289 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:25 PM

They had 15 offensive plays in the fourth other than the kneel downs. BJGE got the ball on seven of them.

I remember some complaints about not running the ball enough at the end of the Colts' game last year, too... then when you really looked at the play by play, there weren't a lot of obvious chances to run the ball where the Pats didn't.

#1206 sachmoney

• SoSH Member

• 7,975 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:03 AM

Quotes like this are going to make me enjoy the Lions thanksgiving victory even more.

I have no problems being arrogant about that game. If the Lions have shown anything this season, it's that they're not afraid to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory. We're having Thanksgiving at my house, so I'm rolling out of bed, plopping on the couch, and watching what I already know will happen.

Enjoy this second quote.

#1207 SumnerH

• Malt Liquor Picker

• 15,488 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:22 AM

Tom Brady is our QB and I am a fan, but Peyton Manning is better. It's not by a lot, but he is better. And everyone knows it except New England fans.

Tom Brady has a 2.3% interception percentage. Peyton's is 2.7%. That seems close-ish, but it's 17% higher for Peyton. I kind of though Peyton's was abnormally high, but after looking at Brees, Marino, Elway, and Montana they're all in the same range or higher.

There's definitely a lot of reasons to argue for Peyton over Brady, but I wonder if INTs aren't a little overlooked when evaluating QBs--especially when it comes to putting together a deep playoff run over several games, where an untimely pick or two against a good team can really derail you. That said, I haven't found a source for overall INT% by year or looked at things very closely, so this is game-thread speculation rather than BBTL fodder.

Edited by SumnerH, 22 November 2010 - 12:25 AM.

#1208 dwightinright

• PipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:04 AM

This was great, but I'm having visions of the Pats going something like 13-3 or 12-4 and still having to go on the road as a WC team and play in Indy in January after Indy wins that crap division.

#1209 loshjott

• 3,801 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:19 AM

This was great, but I'm having visions of the Pats going something like 13-3 or 12-4 and still having to go on the road as a WC team and play in Indy in January after Indy wins that crap division.

Exactly, though the AFCW is even crappier, so Pats as #5 seed would more likely play out west. I'm almost forced to root for Indy vs. Chargers next Sunday night to keep San Diego out of the playoffs, because I don't want to see the Pats in San Diego again. They'd have a better shot against the Chiefs.

#1210 JerBear

• 1,054 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:21 AM

Interior D-Line was trying to simulate a snap count according to Brady. That was what irked him.

http://espn.go.com/b...ngland-patriots

#1211 GregHarris

• beware my sexy helmet/overall ensemble

• 1,368 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:41 AM

Anyone have the Indy's announcers broadcast of the last drive? It's gotta be gold.

#1212 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 16,681 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:52 AM

It's simple: beat Detroit, beat the Jets, and we control our own destiny for the #1 seed. Anything else, and it's most likely on the road for the first round and beyond.

Edited by RedOctober3829, 22 November 2010 - 10:53 AM.

#1213 Captaincoop

• SoSH Member

• 5,218 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:09 PM

Anyone have the Indy's announcers broadcast of the last drive? It's gotta be gold.

I don't have an audio file, but here's a transcript:

Former Colts backup Tight End Dale "Rusty" Stevens: "Peyton has really been sizzlin' out there in the fourth quarter, ain't he been, Pete?"

Longtime Colts play-by-play man Pete Ringholter: "That's right, Dale. And now Manning completes another pass, down to the Patriots' 45-yard-line!"

Rusty: "Did you see the cornerback holding Reggie Wayne on that play?"

Pete: "Sure did, Rusty. Did you notice a secret video camera with a Patriots logo poking out of the turf near where Jim Caldwell was standing?"

Rusty: "I did notice something sticking out of the ground, but I just assumed it was a pentagram the Patriots had etched into the carpet to honor their dark overlord, Mephistopheles."

Pete: "Although the Patriots and their fans are indeed God-hating heathens, in this case, it was just a concealed camera attempting to steal the Colts' signals. And now, Manning backs up to pass, he throws it, and oh, dad gum, it looks like the receiver was wrestled to the ground by a Patriots defender before that perfectly-thrown ball could reach him, but NO FLAG!. Fortunately, the receiver is up off the turf and appears to be moving his legs, which is a good sign.

Rusty: "No flag on that play? Jiminy christmas. So in the books, at least, that will be Peyton's third interception of the day. But that one should have been a penalty, and was also the receiver's fault. And the dog ate his homework."

Pete: "One correction, Rusty: Manning only threw 2.87 interceptions today if you use the Canadian exchange rate."

Rusty: "Well, Pete, as our loyal listeners know, the metric system is for communists. Anyway, that's all from New England, where the Patriots have stolen one from the Colts, 31-28. Goodnight, fellow rubes."

Edited by Captaincoop, 22 November 2010 - 03:12 PM.

#1214 Al Zarilla

• SoSH Member

• 22,323 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:14 PM

I don't have an audio file, but here's a transcript:

I didn't see the game but how was McCourty not called for holding Garcon on the interception that clinched it. Yikes, I would have been holding my breath on that one.

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=5836907

#1215 Bucknahs Bum Ankle

• SoSH Member

• 8,489 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:11 PM

It's simple: beat Detroit, beat the Jets, and we control our own destiny for the #1 seed. Anything else, and it's most likely on the road for the first round and beyond.

In other words, all we have to do is win out!

We control our own destiny right now. So do the Jets. Obviously whichever team wins that game is going to have a pretty big advantage (assuming neither team chokes one away against a 2 win team on Thanksgiving).