Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Rules Of The Game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 SeanBerry

• poopdragon

• 3226 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:16 PM

Here's how we will do this... more or less.

We are the GM of the 1974 (and beyond) Boston Red Sox. We are responsible for:

-Any player trades.
-All Free Agency Signings
-Controlling the roster (who to bring up from the minors, put on the DL, etc.)
-The Amateur Draft every June.

We will be using Baseball Mogul 2011 for this exercise. There are a few very important "differences" between Baseball Mogul and "real life".

-The Amateur Draft is done differently then in real life. Basically how it works is that every future MLB player (that played in real life) that turns 18 that year is in the draft. So there are no college players and no "fillers". The good news about all this is that there is a readily available list that everyone can look at of eligible players which can be found here: http://www.baseball-...54-births.shtml
We will obviously go over the draft in larger detail as we get closer to the date.

-Guys mature faster. I have found that in Baseball Mogul, guys go to thier career norm earlier then maybe they did in real life. Just a heads up.

-There are two ratings to be especially aware of: Overall and Peak. A rating over 90 is considered excellent, over 80 is Good, over 70 is at least a fringe major leaguer.

A few other notes:

-We will be playing one month of 1974 every week. Play will be stopped if a player has an injury that goes over 15 days and we would have a one day poll to see who to bring up.

-We must stay within budget. I have it set that we will always have the most money going towards our Farm System, Scouting and Medical Staff. This will obviously help us in those areas but will give us less money to play with in regards to our active roster. Now, say we save $500K in 1974, we can go $500K over budget in 1975 and that is allowed. Basically, at the end of the day, we can never have zero dollars in the bank account. Currently we have $582K.

-Anyone can vote in any poll and all votes are public so feel free to give someone shit for making a stupid choice. This is a discussion board after all.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. I will do my best with showing people screenshots as often as possible. Once we decide on a manager, we will begin putting together our roster with re-signing players and making various trades (if it gets 50% of the vote).

#2 JMDurron

• 4249 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:44 PM

How many rounds are there in the Amateur Draft, and how well do the computer teams tend to draft?

#3 SeanBerry

• poopdragon

• 3226 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:46 PM

How many rounds are there in the Amateur Draft, and how well do the computer teams tend to draft?

Because there are no "filler", there are only 6 rounds in the draft. We have the 19th pick in this year's draft.

The computer does an OK job drafting but you can always find some gems in later rounds.