Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Sergio Kindle fractures his skull

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 mabrowndog

• Ask me about total zone...or paint

• 38,402 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:35 PM

The Ravens' rookie LB apparently was apparently visiting a friend's house in Austin TX over the weekend when he missed a step while walking in the dark and fell down 2 flights of stairs. Adam Schefter is reporting the extent of the injury. Kindle will remain in the hospital for at least 3 weeks.

link

Last December a friend and SoSHer fractured his skull when his dogs' leashes got entangled with his legs and he was tripped onto a cement walkway. I saw him over the weekend for the first time since and while he looked great, it's been a long road back and he's still not 100% healed. So for a guy like Kindle, whose profession involves the constant risk of helmet-to-helmet contact, this won't be a quick recovery. I doubt he's back on the field before Christmas, if at all this season.

Tough break for the Ravens after such a phenomenal draft.

#2 axx

• SoSH Member

• 5,014 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:58 PM

I know he was a favorite of some people before the draft. The Pats really dodged a bullet on that one.

Yeah, IR for sure. Perhaps more.

#3 bowiac

• I've been living a lie.

• 9,674 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

I know he was a favorite of some people before the draft. The Pats really dodged a bullet on that one.

Yeah, IR for sure. Perhaps more.

Hard to call this one dodging a bullet. He almost certainly wouldn't have suffered this injury if the Pats had drafted him.

#4 Chemistry Schmemistry

• has been programmed to get funky/cry human tears

• 7,739 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

In related news, Apple announced its iPad can now fall down three flights of stairs... in color.

#5 drleather2001

• given himself a skunk spot

• 14,582 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:22 PM

In related news, Apple announced its iPad can now fall down three flights of stairs... in color.

John says,
"I'm done with Sergio,
He falls down like a Rag Doll."

#6 Nator

• 1,395 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:54 PM

John says,
"I'm done with Sergio,
He falls down like a Rag Doll."

Well done.

#7 ibrewbeer

• 1,918 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:16 PM

two flights of stairs? when does the rest of the story come out?

What is he Chevy Chase?

#8 86spike

• Currently enjoying "Arli$$"

• 22,123 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:35 PM

two flights of stairs? when does the rest of the story come out?

What is he Chevy Chase?

apparently he's narcoleptic

Baltimore Ravens rookie linebacker Sergio Kindle(notes) recently fell down two flights of stairs late one night in Austin, Texas, and fractured his skull. His former coach at the University of Texas, Mack Brown, says that Kindle has narcolepsy, according to OrangeBloods.com.

#9 Otis Foster

• rex ryan's podiatrist

• 1,100 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:07 PM

That's awful, but how do you fall down two flights of stairs? You really have to work at it.

#10 Shelterdog

• SoSH Member

• 8,856 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:34 PM

It's not funny. Narcolepsy is a serio

#11 Caspir

• 3,470 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

That's awful, but how do you fall down two flights of stairs? You really have to work at it.

Not if both flights are connected to one another and separated by a small corner turn. You fall down most of the first set, then your momentum takes you down the second. I mean, is it really that complicated a scenario to comprehend? I don't think they meant that he fell down a flight of stairs, then somehow made his way to a second flight where he again took a spill.

Edited by Caspir, 29 July 2010 - 03:47 PM.

#12 Shelterdog

• SoSH Member

• 8,856 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

Not if both flights are connected to one another and separated by a small corner turn. You fall down most of the first set, then your momentum takes you down the second. I mean, is it really that complicated a scenario to comprehend? I don't think they meant that he fell down a flight of stairs, then somehow made his way to a second flight where he again took a spill.

Perhaps he did; he does have ADD after all.

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nfl-258955

I'm sorry to joke, I hope he's ok, but I just haven't heard of a 22 year old man, let alone a professional athlete, falling down the stairs.

#13 mabrowndog

• Ask me about total zone...or paint

• 38,402 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

Perhaps he did; he does have ADD after all.

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nfl-258955

I'm sorry to joke, I hope he's ok, but I just haven't heard of a 22 year old man, let alone a professional athlete, falling down the stairs.

It happened to my older brother at 23. We were at a family reuinion, staying at a relative's new house, and he got up to piss in the middle of the night. Still drowsy, he forgot he wasn't home, opened what he thought was the bathroom door, and stepped into the thin air above the basement stairs instead. Black eye, broken nose, fat lip, concussion.

#14 cgori

• 1,499 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:35 PM

It's not funny. Narcolepsy is a serio

:rolling:

underappreciated, right there.

#15 jen1632

• 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:52 PM

:rolling:

underappreciated, right there.

I agree... great line.

#16 Dollar

• 3,445 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:50 PM

On a semi-related note,

Baltimore Ravens starting cornerback Domonique Foxworth tore his anterior cruciate ligament in Thursday's practice and will miss the coming season.

The veteran was hurt Thursday during an informal practice period. Coach John Harbaugh said Friday that Foxworth tore his ACL without being touched.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5423019

That's a big loss for the Ravens, as Foxworth has been developing into a really good corner. Combined with the Kindle injury and Ed Reed's hip troubles, the Ravens are going to have some holes to fill on defense.

#17 rajagopalanator

• 59 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:43 PM

That skull must have been pretty badly fractured...

http://www.nfl.com/n...le=HP_headlines

#18 BigSoxFan

• SoSH Member

• 12,239 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:28 PM

That skull must have been pretty badly fractured...

http://www.nfl.com/n...le=HP_headlines

This is what economists call a "sunk cost".

#19 SpacemanzGerbil

• 2,914 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:22 AM

At least he didn't drive into an apartment building this time.

#20 Caspir

• 3,470 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:49 PM

"It wasn't much."

Kindle's blood alcohol content measured .17 percent, far above the legal limit of .08 percent, according to the charging document. The paperwork offers new details of the 23-year-old's arrest in a gold Cadillac sedan that police said was swerving and following another car too closely on northbound U.S. 1 and speeding at 70 mph on Route 32.

Howard County Officer Stuart A. Hammond wrote in the report that when he approached the car after pulling it over shortly after 4 a.m. Sunday, "Kindle had a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage on his breath, his eyes were bloodshot/glassy, his speech was slurred and he admitted to having 'a few drinks' at a club in Washington, D.C."

http://www.baltimore...0,5529279.story