Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

SOSH

OK we're back on our main server.  It was taking a super long time to move *everything* back just to save a day's worth of messages.  I've been at this all day now and need to get back to my real job so.,... sorry.  Working on a better plan in case this happens again.  nip

Photo

Where We're At

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 dwightinright

• PipPip
  • 1292 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:21 PM

So, where are we?

As far as I can tell:

Group A:
Mexico and Uruguay are on top with 4 points, France with 1. Mexico and Uruguay play Tuesday. Winner moves on. A draw and both move on. France needs a big win and hope their GD gets them in compared to Mexico/Uruguay loser.

Group B:
Argentina with 6 points, South Korea and Greece with 3, Nigeria barely alive with 0. Argentina gets through with win or draw. South Korea can get through with win/draw assuming Argentina beats Greece. Nigeria needs a win and an Argentina win.

Group C:
Slovenia with 4 points, US and England with 2, Algeria with 1. These scenarios are everywhere since this is the US's group.

Group D:
Ghana with 4 points, Germany and Serbia with 3, and Australia with 1. Winner of Ghana/Germany is in. A draw pushes Ghana through and Germany would need a Serbia loss or draw against Australia. Australia has some paths too, PM SydneySox for details.

Group E:
Netherlands through with 6 points, Denmark plays Japan and the winner moves on. A draw and Japan moves on with better GD.

Group F, G, H:
Only played 1 game so far.

#2 SydneySox

• SoSH Member

• 8309 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (dwightinright @ Jun 20 2010, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Group D:
Ghana with 4 points, Germany and Serbia with 3, and Australia with 1. Winner of Ghana/Germany is in. A draw pushes Ghana through and Germany would need a Serbia loss or draw against Australia. Australia has some paths too, PM SydneySox for details.

Australia aren't going anywhere but home.

#3 jon abbey

• Shanghai Warrior

• 14628 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:45 AM

Only Cameroon and North Korea have been eliminated.

http://soccernet.esp...o...5901&ver=us

#4 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3044 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:51 AM

Where we're at is this: only two teams have shown they are somewhat for real: Brazil and Argentina. I'd like to see the Brazil - Portugal match before renderingl judgement on Portugal.

European sides: Very disappointing: England, Germany, Italy. Utterly crap: France. Trying to get into their stride: Portugal, Spain. Not sure yet but the start looked fuckin awful: Netherlands.

Then you have Mexico, USA, South Korea, Uruguay, Paraguay and even Ghana that can go pretty far based on how the fixtures shake out. Chile I hope will win another game or two, and the Swiss I have no use for in football.

Sad to say, I'm putting my money on a Germany - Spaghetti turk final - unless Brazil or (to a lower extend) Argentina can get their way in there.