Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

SOSH

I'm working on moving the site to a new server.  If it's down for an hour or two, it's just me testing.

Photo

Where We're At

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 dwightinright

• PipPip
  • 1292 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:21 PM

So, where are we?

As far as I can tell:

Group A:
Mexico and Uruguay are on top with 4 points, France with 1. Mexico and Uruguay play Tuesday. Winner moves on. A draw and both move on. France needs a big win and hope their GD gets them in compared to Mexico/Uruguay loser.

Group B:
Argentina with 6 points, South Korea and Greece with 3, Nigeria barely alive with 0. Argentina gets through with win or draw. South Korea can get through with win/draw assuming Argentina beats Greece. Nigeria needs a win and an Argentina win.

Group C:
Slovenia with 4 points, US and England with 2, Algeria with 1. These scenarios are everywhere since this is the US's group.

Group D:
Ghana with 4 points, Germany and Serbia with 3, and Australia with 1. Winner of Ghana/Germany is in. A draw pushes Ghana through and Germany would need a Serbia loss or draw against Australia. Australia has some paths too, PM SydneySox for details.

Group E:
Netherlands through with 6 points, Denmark plays Japan and the winner moves on. A draw and Japan moves on with better GD.

Group F, G, H:
Only played 1 game so far.

#2 SydneySox

• A dash of cool to add the heat

• 10444 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (dwightinright @ Jun 20 2010, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Group D:
Ghana with 4 points, Germany and Serbia with 3, and Australia with 1. Winner of Ghana/Germany is in. A draw pushes Ghana through and Germany would need a Serbia loss or draw against Australia. Australia has some paths too, PM SydneySox for details.

Australia aren't going anywhere but home.

#3 jon abbey

• Shanghai Warrior

• 20522 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:45 AM

Only Cameroon and North Korea have been eliminated.

http://soccernet.esp...o...5901&ver=us

#4 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3139 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:51 AM

Where we're at is this: only two teams have shown they are somewhat for real: Brazil and Argentina. I'd like to see the Brazil - Portugal match before renderingl judgement on Portugal.

European sides: Very disappointing: England, Germany, Italy. Utterly crap: France. Trying to get into their stride: Portugal, Spain. Not sure yet but the start looked fuckin awful: Netherlands.

Then you have Mexico, USA, South Korea, Uruguay, Paraguay and even Ghana that can go pretty far based on how the fixtures shake out. Chile I hope will win another game or two, and the Swiss I have no use for in football.

Sad to say, I'm putting my money on a Germany - Spaghetti turk final - unless Brazil or (to a lower extend) Argentina can get their way in there.