Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

SOSH

OK we're back on our main server.  It was taking a super long time to move *everything* back just to save a day's worth of messages.  I've been at this all day now and need to get back to my real job so.,... sorry.  Working on a better plan in case this happens again.  nip

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

The thread where live events that are not live on nbc are talked about (NBC SPOILERS HERE)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#51 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30160 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:21 PM

BILODEAU Alexandre 26.75
BEGG-SMITH Dale 26.58
WILSON Bryon 26.08

#52 Dick Pole Upside

• 3202 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:23 PM

On top of that incredible finish, Deneen's wipe out was spectacular... ate a gate on the way down and skinned most of the snow off the left-hand side... rolling.gif

#53 Fred not Lynn

• Dick Button Jr.

• 3438 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (Tony the Pony @ Feb 14 2010, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hughes can't do it, now it's up to Beckert to get to Sablikova's fantastic time. Speaking of Sablikova, her corners are just that much better than the others'. Making them longer and generating more speed.

EDIT: With one more to go, the podium looks like it was predicted: 1. Sablikova, 2. Beckert, 3. Canadian.

Sablikova is a physiological freak. The thing she does, better than anyone else I've ever seen - male or female, is get that extra step out of each turn. Just when you think, "There's no way she's getting the extra step this time", she somehow fits one in - and next thing you know she's halfway down the straight.

#54 ToxicSmed

• Tasty Burger Marinater

• 3404 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:40 PM

Booya!

#55 goyangfc

• up to his ears in k-pop

• 587 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:59 PM

Eh! Oh! Canada Go!.....KIDDING.

GO CANADA GO!!!

#56 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3044 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:59 PM

Who would have thought to see France on top of the medal list after two days?

Tomorrow's schedule looks great, with the downhill and the 500M

#57 Fred not Lynn

• Dick Button Jr.

• 3438 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (Tony the Pony @ Feb 14 2010, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who would have thought to see France on top of the medal list after two days?

Tomorrow's schedule looks great, with the downhill and the 500M

Dammit...I still don't have a ticket for the 500m. Some scalper is going to have a wonderful time with me tomorrow.

#58 goyangfc

• up to his ears in k-pop

• 587 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:58 PM

I really hope the Koreans win the 500 m.

EDIT: I'm still starting the Day 4 thread (properly). Fuck NBC.

Edited by goyangfc, 14 February 2010 - 11:59 PM.

#59 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3044 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (Fred not Lynn @ Feb 14 2010, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dammit...I still don't have a ticket for the 500m. Some scalper is going to have a wonderful time with me tomorrow.

What kind of prices are we talking about here? Is there a strong demand for tickets?

In today's newspapers there has been a lot of criticism on the organisation of the speedskating events. Henk Gemser, for example, can not believe why the Zambonis didn't go out every four races on the 3000M. He even goes as far as calling the situation 'embarrassing'.

500M will be held around 6.30 and 8.30 EST. Not too sure whether NBC will be carrying it live in the US as there might be some local news and/or butch hockey interfering with the 500M.

The downhill starts at 1.30 EST. Bode Miller will be the 8th skier going down the hill, so tune in early. World Cup leader Cuche should have been the favourite, but he's got a thumb injury. Manuel Osborne-Paradis goes for gold, and Aksel Lund Svidal can be dangerous. My dark horse, however, is Erik Guay.

#60 Fred not Lynn

• Dick Button Jr.

• 3438 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (Tony the Pony @ Feb 15 2010, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What kind of prices are we talking about here? Is there a strong demand for tickets?

In today's newspapers there has been a lot of criticism on the organisation of the speedskating events. Henk Gemser, for example, can not believe why the Zambonis didn't go out every four races on the 3000M. He even goes as far as calling the situation 'embarrassing'.

500M will be held around 6.30 and 8.30 EST. Not too sure whether NBC will be carrying it live in the US as there might be some local news and/or butch hockey interfering with the 500M.

The downhill starts at 1.30 EST. Bode Miller will be the 8th skier going down the hill, so tune in early. World Cup leader Cuche should have been the favourite, but he's got a thumb injury. Manuel Osborne-Paradis goes for gold, and Aksel Lund Svidal can be dangerous. My dark horse, however, is Erik Guay.

I think I'm going to get one for $325 - from a reputable after-market broker (as opposed to a street scalper).

Henk Gemser is awesome. Smart guy - but don't hold the resurface schedule against the local organizers...that's the referee's call entirely. Problem is, of course, is that beautiful oval with gorgeous high roof. There's so much air that needs handling in there that whatever thay have in place for de-humidification isn't getting the job done - and the ice is frosting up quickly.

#61 Tony the Pony

• Fork You Schpors

• 3044 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:26 AM

Actually, that was what Bart Veldkamp said about the ice surface issue. Something like "The referees should have stepped in here, but those clowns live in their own world".

How do you see the 500 pan out?

#62 Fred not Lynn

• Dick Button Jr.

• 3438 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (Tony the Pony @ Feb 15 2010, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, that was what Bart Veldkamp said about the ice surface issue. Something like "The referees should have stepped in here, but those clowns live in their own world".

How do you see the 500 pan out?

The storybook ending is a Wotherspoon win - and he's certainly got it in him.