Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Milwaukee Brewer's 2009-2010 Offseason

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 brewdawg819

• 477 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 01:39 PM

It's another year and another looming for the Brew-Crew. Obviously the biggest signing for them this offseason is the signing of Randy Wolf. They've also added Doug Davis and Joe Inglette to their repetoire.

Player profiles:

Davis

Wolf

Also, they've signed Jim edmonds to a minor league deal:

Edmonds

So far kind of hush-hush. Corey Hart and the team are trying to negotiate.

#2 Jack Clarks CFP

• 95 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:20 AM

Ken Macha let go; backhands Braun and Fielder on the way out the door.

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

#3 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30,161 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

Holy wow:

Brewers are putting finishing touches on trade for Toronto RHP Shaun Marcum. I hear they are sending prospects to the Blue Jays.

http://twitter.com/#!/Haudricourt/status/11600204885139456

#4 Tyrone Biggums

• nfl meets tri-annually at a secret country mansion in colorado,

• 3,621 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:15 PM

Tremendous move for the Brew Crew, Marcum will do well in the NL Central. Jays have to be getting prospects since they might flip a few top pitching prospects for Greinke.

Edited by Tyrone Biggums, 05 December 2010 - 09:16 PM.

#5 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30,161 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:34 PM

The Brewers give up quite the prize in Lawrie. More to come later on the other pieces to the deal, but it seems Nick Bucci is the other arm included in the deal -- and Carlos Villanueva may round out the trade.

Marcum is going to destroy the NL, but that trade could be very, very nice both ways.

#6 Michelle34B

• 102 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:27 AM

It isn't the Phillies, but Greinke-Gallardo-Marcum looks great, especially if you are lik me and believe Greinke tuned out in KC in 2010 and he should be closer to the 2009 version this year. They just need to sign a veteran SS because I don't have much faith in Yuni. Edgar Renteria would be a nice fit.

#7 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30,161 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:19 PM

Buster_ESPN: Shaun Marcum had to come out of his start today with shoulder tightness; his manager acknowledges concern about this problem. Not good.

http://twitter.com/#!/Buster_ESPN/status/48521727453573120

"If this were the regular season, especially August, September, I'd pitch through it and wouldn't say a word,'' Marcum said.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/baseball/mlb/wires/03/17/2010.ap.bbn.brewers.marcum.1st.ld.writethru.0198/

#8 MN Dirt Dog

• 433 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:16 PM

Brew extend Ryan Braun five more years, so he'll play in Milwaukee until 2020.

Braun's one of the top five best players in baseball. He's one of those guys that can really change a game with the proverbial swing of the bat. He's one of my favorites to watch. He can flat out do everything. While not a 5-tool guy in the strictest sense of the word, he excels above and beyond in 4 and is an above-average defender....that's close enough for me. He's young and could make bank out on the free agent market, but he chose to extend with the Brew and play his prime years there. That's probably another reason I like him. yeah, it means Prince is out the door, but I'd take Braun over Fielder 10 times out of 10.

Edited by MN Dirt Dog, 23 April 2011 - 12:16 PM.

#9 abty

• PipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:54 PM

I couldn't agree more. I've said for years that Braun is their star and it's best to let Fielder become a selfish D.H somewhere else. I just feel bad for Ryan that he might be one of those players that never experiences any success outside of his personal accomplishments. The fans of the game are missing out now seeing him often enough. Maybe extended playoffs is the only way fans can really appreciate the talent that is mired in some awful teams.