Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo
- - - - -

Snowboarder has ouchie, in critical condition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sille Skrub

• 3909 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:26 AM

Sad story to start off:

US Snowboarder Kevin Pearce in critical condition after fall

Facebook support page

#2 Slow Rheal

• 1592 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:40 PM

snowboard halfpipe venue:

yikes!

#3 jerryadair

• 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Slow Rheal @ Jan 27 2010, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
snowboard halfpipe venue:

yikes!

the curse of the conan

#4 bosoxsue

• 973 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:49 PM

Thought you were talking about Shaun White at first. I had on the beginning of NBC News and they teased that something bad had happened to him. Self-promotion at its finest, as Shaun is fine. Good thing he crashed on the Aspen snow instead of the Vancouver dirt.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4871427

#5 sheshistory

• 244 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (bosoxsue @ Jan 30 2010, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thought you were talking about Shaun White at first. I had on the beginning of NBC News and they teased that something bad had happened to him. Self-promotion at its finest, as Shaun is fine. Good thing he crashed on the Aspen snow instead of the Vancouver dirt.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4871427

I don't think I will ever fully understand the human body's capacity to walk away from something like that, as if nothing happened. Amazing.

#6 bosoxsue

• 973 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (sheshistory @ Jan 30 2010, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think I will ever fully understand the human body's capacity to walk away from something like that, as if nothing happened. Amazing.

Isn't it amazing how his head just bounced off that edge? Ironically, my girls are watching "The Parent Trap" remake and I was thinking, "If only Natasha Richardson had Shaun White's helmet." Although who knows; maybe the vulnerability to serious/fatal injury is a case-by-case basis. Surely White took some spills before he wore all kinds of gear.