Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Tiger Woods Penbis Accident

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1287 replies to this topic

#101 bosoxsue

• 1,029 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (SemperFidelisSox @ Nov 28 2009, 03:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So do you think the pending charges have anything to do with operating a motor vehicle under the influence of drugs? I don't know what the law is in Florida, but in some states like California they can prosecute you for driving under the influence of drugs, regardless of whether the drugs were illegal, prescription, or over-the-counter.

I think the "pending charges" will be against Elin for domestic assault.

#102 dcmissle

• SoSH Member

• 13,071 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (bosoxsue @ Nov 28 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the "pending charges" will be against Elin for domestic assault.

In this connection, look at section 3(b) here, which carves out a domestic violence exception to Florida's spousal privilege:

http://law.onecle.co...nce/90.504.html

Of course, you'd need them the size of coconuts to compel Tiger's testimony in these circumstances, and without that testimony, I doubt you could bring a case.

#103 Sille Skrub

• 3,963 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (Talon @ Nov 28 2009, 02:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funny thing is you'd assume Tiger would have the nicest house in Isleworth. He does not - that belongs to David A. Siegel - the founder & CEO of Westgate Resorts.

I would guess that the biggest house on Isleworth belonged to Shaq because, well, he's really tall.

#104 pedros hairstylist

• Allison?

• PipPipPip
  • 5,577 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:02 PM

The AP and non-TMZ/Deadspin media are a bunch of idiots. How do they go along with such an implausible story and report it as fact? Since when does a fender bender with non-life threatening injuries require CPR? Since when does a golf club need to used in the back windshield to "rescue" the driver of a car that just hit a hydrant at < 30mph? The whole shitty PR story is laughable and I'm shocked these reporters got suckered so easily.

I mean, all you have to do is watch a chick flick like "Waiting To Exhale" to know the only reason a woman wields a golf club near your car is when she's trying to fuck your shit up.

Bust Your Windows (Out Ya Car)

Edited by pedros hairstylist, 28 November 2009 - 12:37 PM.

#105 dcmissle

• SoSH Member

• 13,071 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:10 PM

Since whenever, but not for long. As predicted, here come the NY tabloids:

http://www.nydailyne...iger_crash.html

http://www.nypost.co...qzMu5urHCne9QsJ

NFW would they decline to wet their beaks on this.

ESPN, again, in an untenable position. It really is a worthy heir of Soviet era Pravda.

#106 dolomite133

• everything I write, think and feel is stupid

• 5,920 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (dcmissle @ Nov 28 2009, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since whenever, but not for long. As predicted, here come the NY tabloids:

http://www.nydailyne...iger_crash.html

http://www.nypost.co...qzMu5urHCne9QsJ

NFW would they decline to wet their beaks on this.

ESPN, again, in an untenable position. It really is a worthy heir of Soviet era Pravda.

Uchtitel sounds like the worst kind of person. Well, minus the 9/11 widow part, that makes me sad. But it sounds like she bangs tons of famous guys. I read one story where, when questioned about trysts with several famous men, she replied "I'll neve kiss and tell." Long story short, women who work as hostesses in clubs where they serve $10,000 bottles of champagne are a bad idea, at least long term.

EDIT: Second worst might be famous guys who think with their dicks and bang these types of women. I guess once you reach a certain point, these women are the path of least resistance. They hang out in the clubs, are discreet and don't want to have long-term relationships/kids. Banging a quality qhick would require a lot more time and effort.

Edited by dolomite133, 28 November 2009 - 12:30 PM.

#107 Dropkick Izzy

• 3,478 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (pedros hairstylist @ Nov 28 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The AP and non-TMZ/Deadspin media are a bunch of idiots. How do they go along with such an implausible story and report it as fact?

AT & T
Nike
Gatorade
Accenture
American Express
General Mills
Gillete

#108 BoredViewer

• 2,304 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:01 PM

Pictures of the accident.

http://www.wftv.com/...121/detail.html

Lucky for him his wife had that golf club to extract him from that tangled web of death! wink.gif

#109 DieHardSoxFan1

• Smarter than Theo, just ask him

• 2,778 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (johnmd20 @ Nov 28 2009, 05:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is no question who has the biggest house in the Windermere complex is the most important detail of this whole caper.

"You wouldn't believe this, but Tiger has friends who, like him, bank tens of millions of dollars annually. A couple enterprising reporters from local news affiliates tried contacting these insanely rich celebrities to find out if their friend, the most recognizable athlete in the entire world, was banging a Manhattan cocktail waitress...but they wouldn't tell us!! Something weird is going on.

"And you'd think Tiger had the newest Escalade on the block. He doesn't. That belong to Mark O'Meara, who purchased a '10 silver Escalade just last week."

Edited by DieHardSoxFan1, 28 November 2009 - 01:07 PM.

#110 EdRalphRomero

• wooderson

• 2,416 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:13 PM

Bob Harig covers it for ESPN. He manages to acknowledge the fact that this comes on the heels of the Enquirer story and the implausability of smashing a window to get someone out of such a crash while still referring to those who would question the ridiculous cover story as "conspiracy theorists." We never landed on the moon, the US goverment was behind 9/11, and a woman found out her superstar boyfriend was getting some on the side and fucked up his car. These are all equally ridiculous ideas. You can see Harig writing the article with the future column from the Ombudsman in mind, while at the same time serving his corporate masters. Tough spot for a "journalist."

#111 Buck Showalter

• SoSH Member

• 5,018 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (dcmissle @ Nov 28 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well said.

Old Media (I refuse to call them mainstream these days) letting themselves get scooped once again by the bottomfeeders like The Enquirer, Drudge and TMZ.

Is it any wonder why no one is paying attention to the old outlets?

I just watched a two to three minute CNN segment on the topic and they didn't even "touch" the rumors of Tiger's infidelity.

Oh well...back to the blogs for the news.

Edited by Buck Showalter, 28 November 2009 - 02:11 PM.

#112 sox311

• 1,083 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:47 PM

ESPN reports that the 911 tapes will be released tomorrow, Sunday.

#113 pedros hairstylist

• Allison?

• PipPipPip
  • 5,577 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Dropkick Izzy @ Nov 28 2009, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AT & T
Nike
Gatorade
Accenture
American Express
General Mills
Gillete [sic]

What does this even mean? You think they're purposely going with the fake ass story because they fear losing advertising from these companies? Because that's not it at all. They're just dumb and too lazy to dig on a holiday weekend. Kudos to TMZ for not going along.

#114 OilCanShotTupac

• Not Clowning Around

• 8,584 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (dcmissle @ Nov 28 2009, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No question. And when you're dealing with people who are beyond its typical day-to-day consequences because they are worth hundreds of millions of dollars, it is irresistible.

Au contraire.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose, right?

Fewer people in this world have more to lose than Mr. Woods. His taste for a little strange on the side may end up costing him dearly indeed - in divorce court, in endorsements, etc. etc. etc.

Half of a fuckton of money is still a fuckton of money.

#115 jk333

• 1,781 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (OilCanShotTupac @ Nov 28 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Au contraire.

Fewer people in this world have more to lose than Mr. Woods. His taste for a little strange on the side may end up costing him dearly indeed - in divorce court, in endorsements, etc. etc. etc.

I'm not a lawyer, but his cheating hasn't been proven. (so far as I've seen) And he's now the battered spouse and his wife has pending charges against her. He may do well in a divorce.

#116 dcmissle

• SoSH Member

• 13,071 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:50 PM

Au contraire.

I'm not an expert in Florida domestic relations law, but would be surprised if there isn't an enforceable prenup that would shield the vast majority of his wealth even if he's proven to have walked on the cheatin' side of town. Remember -- when they met, he was the best golfer in the world and a money machine. She was a nanny.

Even if Tiger lost half of what he has, he'd still be left with hundreds of millions. In contrast, the forty-something schmuck with a wife, kids and a mortgage really has to think twice about the temptation, as he runs the very real risk of ending up in a crappy apartment. Everything's relative.

#117 JulE6

• the crying game

• PipPip
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:24 PM

How come they're getting away with avoiding an interview with the Florida State Police? I'm an idiot, but that seems like a crime, no?

#118 Rough Carrigan

• reasons within Reason

• 16,893 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (pedros hairstylist @ Nov 28 2009, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What does this even mean? You think they're purposely going with the fake ass story because they fear losing advertising from these companies? Because that's not it at all. They're just dumb and too lazy to dig on a holiday weekend. Kudos to TMZ for not going along.

I think that, in the case of ESPN, they just want to preserve access. You KNOW that some future request for an interview or appearance will be prefaced with . . "I hope you remember how we covered that little car accident back in November 09 . . "

#119 HomeRunBaker

• sloppy seconds

• 10,528 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (dolomite133 @ Nov 27 2009, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have fun hosting that tournament next week, Tiger! laugh.gif

Maybe this is simply PR to bump the ratings.

Yes, i am joking but yes it will also bump the ratings.

#120 Lose Remerswaal

• Leaves after the 8th inning

• 22,732 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:37 PM

Au contraire.

Kobe is #2 (behind Lebron) in the NBA for endorsements.

If he hadn't raped that woman, he'd probably be, ummm, 2nd.

Tiger is still going to be Le Plus Ultra for endorsements, even if this accident turns out to be the result of a domestic dispute. He may slack back for a couple years, but as long as he plays like he can, and smiles like he does, he'll still be making beacoup de bucks

#121 PaulinMyrBch

• Don't touch his dog food

• 5,218 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:38 PM

They are not avoiding it, but delaying it on the day he was released from the hospital. Not unusual at all, especially since its a one car accident that occurred in his own yard. Not exactly going to be any "Murder She Wrote" gotcha style questions involved here.

They have to complete a report to close the file. The insurance company needs the completed report to do their work. Someone has to pay for the damage to the hydrant and tree, the police report needs to check the box that indicates who they think is responsible in that regard. Even if it is a formality, its just routing report crap.

The only possible charge in a case like this is reckless driving or negligent destruction of property. It's a traffic ticket. Hundreds of them are being written while I type this.

However, I am mildly interested in the details. Not that the cops have any right to know what might have led up to him starting the car. His statement to them will consist of "I got in my car, turned it on, and as I was braking my foot slipped and I hit the gas, causing the car to strike the tree. I feel like an idiot...who do I write the check to for the hydrant?"

#122 Buck Showalter

• SoSH Member

• 5,018 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:00 PM

http://beforeitsnews...000000000000657

I know his wife is rather beautiful...but the pictures suggest this whore...errh gal ain't so bad either.

#123 pedros hairstylist

• Allison?

• PipPipPip
  • 5,577 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Rough Carrigan @ Nov 28 2009, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that, in the case of ESPN, they just want to preserve access. You KNOW that some future request for an interview or appearance will be prefaced with . . "I hope you remember how we covered that little car accident back in November 09 . . "

Well, credible news organizations aren't supposed to operate that way, but I get your point here. Woods however, is not a guy who's done a lot of interviews even before this, so I don't see there's all that much of a gamble in pissing him off by running the real story of what happened. Besides, the more salacious interview will be the one told by Tiger's wife/future ex-wife, especially if she gets cut out of a big divorce payday. Tiger seems like a control freak who wouldn't get into the dirty details even if they worked out in his favor.

#124 JulE6

• the crying game

• PipPip
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (pedros hairstylist @ Nov 28 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, credible news organizations aren't supposed to operate that way, but I get your point here. Woods however, is not a guy who's done a lot of interviews even before this, so I don't see there's all that much of a gamble in pissing him off by running the real story of what happened. Besides, the more salacious interview will be the one told by Tiger's wife/future ex-wife, especially if she gets cut out of a big divorce payday. Tiger seems like a control freak who wouldn't get into the dirty details even if they worked out in his favor.
The bolded statement is false. During weeks he plays, he is generally one of the more available players on tour -- he has to be, as the No. 1 player in the world. He's also done plenty of sit-downs with ESPN, CBS, the Golf Channel, etc. He's not a cliche robot, either...generally he's a pretty good interview

#125 Drocca

• darrell foster wallace

• 15,343 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Lose Remerswaal @ Nov 28 2009, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kobe is #2 (behind Lebron) in the NBA for endorsements.

If he hadn't raped that woman, he'd probably be, ummm, 2nd.

Tiger is still going to be Le Plus Ultra for endorsements, even if this accident turns out to be the result of a domestic dispute. He may slack back for a couple years, but as long as he plays like he can, and smiles like he does, he'll still be making beacoup de bucks

Even when they are the same companies handing out endorsements Golf seems, to me, to be more protective of it's corporate relationships than the NBA. Does this make sense? In other words, Tiger Woods getting in trouble of an equal kind to Kobe (not saying that's happened) would affect Tiger Woods image more harshly because of the sport the two of them play and, perhaps, because of the personality that has been honed by Woods himself.

#126 dcmissle

• SoSH Member

• 13,071 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:46 PM

Woods has never really gone "role model" on us, never pretended to inhabit that vacuous make believe world created by Dick Vitale and other hypocritical sycophants at the four-letter. Tiger has taken heat for being "insufficiently" committed to social/political causes and for his laser beam focus on being the best ever. He is not particularly likeable and does not strive to be, is obviously flawed, and in these respects is our generation's Ted Williams.

So I'm ambivalent about this. I have no desire to see him taken down for what is essentially a private matter. But I have every desire to see the Entertainment and Sports (Not News) Programming Network and other elements of the MSM (hello NYT, Washington Post) ruthlessly exposed.

#127 Average Reds

• SoSH Member

• 10,703 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (dcmissle @ Nov 28 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woods has never really gone "role model" on us, never pretended to inhabit that vacuous make believe world created by Dick Vitale and other hypocritical sycophants at the four-letter. Tiger has taken heat for being "insufficiently" committed to social/political causes and for his laser beam focus on being the best ever. He is not particularly likeable and does not strive to be, is obviously flawed, and in these respects is our generation's Ted Williams.

So I'm ambivalent about this. I have no desire to see him taken down for what is essentially a private matter. But I have every desire to see the Entertainment and Sports (Not News) Programming Network and other elements of the MSM (hello NYT, Washington Post) ruthlessly exposed.

From the facts available to us, Woods was not driving drunk, did not assault his wife or anyone else and, in fact, may have been the victim of an assault. There's a report that he was banging some chick, and this might have set off the chain of events leading to the crash, but if this were a capital crime, Arnold Palmer would have been put to death about 50 years ago, because golf isn't the only activity where he was considered "The King."

IMO, there's not much risk of him being taken down. He'll suffer a few weeks of well-deserved mocking and get on with his quest to break Nicklaus' record.

#128 Steve Dillard

• wishes drew noticed him instead of sweet & sour

• 3,688 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (PaulinMyrBch @ Nov 28 2009, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are not avoiding it, but delaying it on the day he was released from the hospital. Not unusual at all, especially since its a one car accident that occurred in his own yard. Not exactly going to be any "Murder She Wrote" gotcha style questions involved here.

They have to complete a report to close the file. The insurance company needs the completed report to do their work. Someone has to pay for the damage to the hydrant and tree, the police report needs to check the box that indicates who they think is responsible in that regard. Even if it is a formality, its just routing report crap.

The only possible charge in a case like this is reckless driving or negligent destruction of property. It's a traffic ticket. Hundreds of them are being written while I type this.

However, I am mildly interested in the details. Not that the cops have any right to know what might have led up to him starting the car. His statement to them will consist of "I got in my car, turned it on, and as I was braking my foot slipped and I hit the gas, causing the car to strike the tree. I feel like an idiot...who do I write the check to for the hydrant?"

The chances of an insurance claim are slim and none -- why lie on an official document.

That's also why they don't want to talk to the police. It isn't a capital crime they want to cover up, just an embarrassing event. If they can get away with telling their version not under oath, that's key. But if they lie to the police, that's potential trouble. So the last two days have been spent with criminal attorneys trying to get a "truthiness" story that won't reveal his affair, his pain killer use (curious, given that he had knee surgery a year ago), and why he was incoherent from a small bump.

#129 LahoudOrBillyC

• Indian name is Massages Ellsbury

• 3,892 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (Drocca @ Nov 28 2009, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even when they are the same companies handing out endorsements Golf seems, to me, to be more protective of it's corporate relationships than the NBA. Does this make sense? In other words, Tiger Woods getting in trouble of an equal kind to Kobe (not saying that's happened) would affect Tiger Woods image more harshly because of the sport the two of them play and, perhaps, because of the personality that has been honed by Woods himself.

Isn't most of Kobe's money from sneakers and uniforms, stuff that is marketed toward people who are mostly interested in how he performs on the court? While Tiger is marketing cars and credit cards and big corporations? I could be wrong but their marketers seem to be pointing the two men towards different audiences. Starting, I suppose, with the different audiences for their two sports.

#130 Lose Remerswaal

• Leaves after the 8th inning

• 22,732 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (LahoudOrBillyC @ Nov 28 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't most of Kobe's money from sneakers and uniforms, stuff that is marketed toward people who are mostly interested in how he performs on the court? While Tiger is marketing cars and credit cards and big corporations? I could be wrong but their marketers seem to be pointing the two men towards different audiences. Starting, I suppose, with the different audiences for their two sports.

Vitamin Water (aka Coca Cola) isn't sneakers and uniforms. Coke dropped Kobe when the rape case became large, then signed him back up 4-5 years later. There's others, too

#131 BoredViewer

• 2,304 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (Buck Showalter @ Nov 28 2009, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://beforeitsnews...000000000000657

I know his wife is rather beautiful...but the pictures suggest this whore...errh gal ain't so bad either.

She may give up the butt and his wife may not.

#132 LahoudOrBillyC

• Indian name is Massages Ellsbury

• 3,892 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Lose Remerswaal @ Nov 28 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Vitamin Water (aka Coca Cola) isn't sneakers and uniforms. Coke dropped Kobe when the rape case became large, then signed him back up 4-5 years later. There's others, too

I still maintain that Woods and Bryant have completely different appeals to Madison Avenue, and are marketed differently.

#133 ekim colorwaterpit

• 991 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (LahoudOrBillyC @ Nov 28 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still maintain that Woods and Bryant have completely different appeals to Madison Avenue, and are marketed differently.

And it is just as much about who they are being marketed to, as it is, the products that they are marketing. My guess is golf has a much older, much more conservative fan base than NBA basketball.

#134 johnmd20

• voice of soccer

• 17,139 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (ekim colorwaterpit @ Nov 28 2009, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My guess is golf has a much older, much more conservative fan base than NBA basketball.

Ya think so, Doctor?

#135 PaulinMyrBch

• 5,218 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (Steve Dillard @ Nov 28 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The chances of an insurance claim are slim and none -- why lie on an official document.

That's also why they don't want to talk to the police. It isn't a capital crime they want to cover up, just an embarrassing event. If they can get away with telling their version not under oath, that's key. But if they lie to the police, that's potential trouble. So the last two days have been spent with criminal attorneys trying to get a "truthiness" story that won't reveal his affair, his pain killer use (curious, given that he had knee surgery a year ago), and why he was incoherent from a small bump.

Even Comprehensive to cover the damage to his own car requires a report... I'm not saying he'll lie, just only provide facts that he feels are relevant to the operation of the vehicle. He's not going to get into what might have occurred leading up to the minute he turned on the ignition.

We won't get "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth" The FHP will get 1 and about 80% of 3, but 2 will be sorely limited... We have to hope for a juicy 911 tape.

#136 PaulinMyrBch

• 5,218 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE (ekim colorwaterpit @ Nov 28 2009, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And it is just as much about who they are being marketed to, as it is, the products that they are marketing. My guess is golf has a much older, much more conservative fan base than NBA basketball.

It's hard to tell any more...those Flomax commercials are everywhere. But the irony there is when the commercial airs, the target audience is in the bathroom...

Edited by PaulinMyrBch, 29 November 2009 - 09:36 AM.

#137 Monbo Jumbo

• notices black scientists

• 19,606 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (PaulinMyrBch @ Nov 29 2009, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's hard to tell any more...those Flomax commercials are everywhere. But the irony there is when the commercial airs, the target audience is in the bathroom...

brilliant

#138 YTF

• 3,799 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:02 AM

We all know that it's a crock of shit, but I'm interested in seeing that back window. Was it smashed out enough for her to drag Tiger through? Was Elin cut up? That auto glass shatters into millions of pieces. Tough to avoid that when climbing into and dragging unconscious hubby out. AND I can't help but wonder if the doors were locked or unlocked when the cops got there. If she dragged him out, they should still be locked, yes? Also, the most obvious question to me is this. Why not knock out a door window, reach in and unlock? One last thing.......I'm betting that a neighborhood like that has plenty of security cameras around. Wouldn't you think?

#139 Judge Mental13

• designated driver

• 4,885 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:26 AM

TMZ reports that Tiger told his friend he's gonna have to buy his wife a "Kobe Special"

During the phone conversation on Friday, Tiger told his friend, "I have to run to Zales to get a 'Kobe Special.'" The person on the other end of the phone asked Tiger what a "Kobe Special" was. The reply -- "A house on a finger."

During the conversation, Tiger said his wife had "gone ghetto" on him.

Awesome.

#140 DukeSox

• Rick Derris

• 8,555 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (YTF @ Nov 29 2009, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We all know that it's a crock of shit, but I'm interested in seeing that back window. Was it smashed out enough for her to drag Tiger through? Was Elin cut up? That auto glass shatters into millions of pieces. Tough to avoid that when climbing into and dragging unconscious hubby out. AND I can't help but wonder if the doors were locked or unlocked when the cops got there. If she dragged him out, they should still be locked, yes? Also, the most obvious question to me is this. Why not knock out a door window, reach in and unlock? One last thing.......I'm betting that a neighborhood like that has plenty of security cameras around. Wouldn't you think?

The more I think about this, her story about knocking out the back window to get to Tiger starts to make some sense.

For whatever reasons, Tiger storms out of the house -- domestic dispute, etc etc. Maybe he admitted something and she just told him to get the fuck out, who knows.

So he races away -- he's probably upset also, hits the fire hydrant. As we saw from those cell phone pics, he did a number on the front tire/door area -- there was damage enough to prevent the doors on that side from opening. And if he hit the hydrant and then the tree, it's certainly possible that the other side also was damaged enough to not open. It doesn't take much -- you just bend a little metal and those doors are stuck.

So she hears (or sees) this big crash, races out and sees Tiger clearly dazed in the front seat. She yells to see if he's okay, he doesn't respond. She tries opening the doors, but they're bent just enough that they won't open -- even when unlocked. So she bashes out the back window (the biggest one) and crawls in to see if he's okay.

I think that's feasible. Likely? Probably not, but certainly feasible.

What is infeasible is her dragging an unconscious Tiger out of the back window -- there's no way she could drag that dead weight out the back of the car.

Maybe once she got in she was able to kick open one of the front doors from the inside and they both kind of stumbled out onto the lawn? (easier to do this than yank on the handle from the outside)

Do we have an answer on how Tiger transitioned from inside the car to the ground, where he was drifting in and out of consciousness for 6 minutes?

#141 DukeSox

• Rick Derris

• 8,555 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (Judge Mental13 @ Nov 29 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TMZ reports that Tiger told his friend he's gonna have to buy his wife a "Kobe Special"

Awesome.

These are very specific pieces of a phone call. I assume Tiger has only talked to his very closest circle the last 48 hours.

Why would one of these people divulge this information, that can clearly be traced back since it is such a specific part of a conversation? I mean, that person is effectively ending his relationship with Tiger just to provide some juice to TMZ? I doubt it. [unless the person told another friend, and someone 5 people removed told TMZ. Either way, the original confidant is screwed]

#142 Buck Showalter

• SoSH Member

• 5,018 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:41 AM

Awesome.

TMZ also followed the whore in - what looks like - Kennedy Airport.

"if you were Tiger what kind of ring would you get for your wife"?

LMAO

#143 Buck Showalter

• SoSH Member

• 5,018 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (DukeSox @ Nov 29 2009, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These are very specific pieces of a phone call. I assume Tiger has only talked to his very closest circle the last 48 hours.

Why would one of these people divulge this information, that can clearly be traced back since it is such a specific part of a conversation? I mean, that person is effectively ending his relationship with Tiger just to provide some juice to TMZ? I doubt it. [unless the person told another friend, and someone 5 people removed told TMZ. Either way, the original confidant is screwed]

Completely agree.

I'm doubting this piece of "news".

#144 Rocco Graziosa

• owns the lcd soundsystem

• 11,339 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:11 PM

Awesome.

He went to Jared!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#145 Buck Showalter

• SoSH Member

• 5,018 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:04 PM

http://photos.tmz.co...d...nt&id=57012

Kinda' strange.

I don't see broken window glass on the ground in the rear of the SUV.

#146 Rocco Graziosa

• owns the lcd soundsystem

• 11,339 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (Buck Showalter @ Nov 29 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kinda' strange.

How the fuck is TMZ scooping every single other media outlet on a story involving a the most popular athlete on the planet? This boggles the mind and makes me wonder what kind of REAL news stories and scandals are being ignored and under reported by the "oldstream" press in this country. Kinda scary actually.

Edited by Rocco Graziosa, 29 November 2009 - 01:25 PM.

#147 YTF

• 3,799 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (DukeSox @ Nov 29 2009, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The more I think about this, her story about knocking out the back window to get to Tiger starts to make some sense.

For whatever reasons, Tiger storms out of the house -- domestic dispute, etc etc. Maybe he admitted something and she just told him to get the fuck out, who knows.

So he races away -- he's probably upset also, hits the fire hydrant. As we saw from those cell phone pics, he did a number on the front tire/door area -- there was damage enough to prevent the doors on that side from opening. And if he hit the hydrant and then the tree, it's certainly possible that the other side also was damaged enough to not open. It doesn't take much -- you just bend a little metal and those doors are stuck.

So she hears (or sees) this big crash, races out and sees Tiger clearly dazed in the front seat. She yells to see if he's okay, he doesn't respond. She tries opening the doors, but they're bent just enough that they won't open -- even when unlocked. So she bashes out the back window (the biggest one) and crawls in to see if he's okay.

I think that's feasible. Likely? Probably not, but certainly feasible.

What is infeasible is her dragging an unconscious Tiger out of the back window -- there's no way she could drag that dead weight out the back of the car.

Maybe once she got in she was able to kick open one of the front doors from the inside and they both kind of stumbled out onto the lawn? (easier to do this than yank on the handle from the outside)

Do we have an answer on how Tiger transitioned from inside the car to the ground, where he was drifting in and out of consciousness for 6 minutes?

Which Mrs Woods are you? His mom or wife? Are we looking at the same photos? Tire might be a bit fucked up but no evidence that I could see that the door would be compromised in any way. Doesn't mean it couldn't have been, but not from anything shown in those photos.

#148 ifmanis5

• SoSH Member

• 12,335 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (Rocco Graziosa @ Nov 29 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How the fuck is TMZ scooping every single other media outlet on a story involving a the most popular athlete on the planet? This boggles the mind and makes me wonder what kind of REAL news stories and scandals are being ignored and under reported by the "oldstream" press in this country. Kinda scary actually.

This is what they specialize in, celebrity "news." It's right in their wheelhouse the way it's not in the MSM's.

#149 Mark Schofield

• SoSH Member

• 14,677 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:28 PM

Statement posted on TigerWoods.com

As you all know, I had a single-car accident earlier this week, and sustained some injuries. I have some cuts, bruising and right now I'm pretty sore.

This situation is my fault, and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me. I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again.

This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way. Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible.

The only person responsible for the accident is me. My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false.

This incident has been stressful and very difficult for Elin, our family and me. I appreciate all the concern and well wishes that we have received. But, I would also ask for some understanding that my family and I deserve some privacy no matter how intrusive some people can be.

#150 DukeSox

• Rick Derris

• 8,555 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (YTF @ Nov 29 2009, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which Mrs Woods are you? His mom or wife? Are we looking at the same photos? Tire might be a bit fucked up but no evidence that I could see that the door would be compromised in any way. Doesn't mean it couldn't have been, but not from anything shown in those photos.

Right, the newest pictures are very clear. The original pictures (which my comment was based on) were very fuzzy and it looked like the front of the car was pretty damaged. Clearly not the case.

QUOTE (Buck Showalter @ Nov 29 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kinda' strange.

The side windows are broken, so it looks like she busted the side window, reached in and unlocked the door. (that is, if we're believing her story that she went into the car, and not that she busted out the windows first because she was pissed.)

Edited by DukeSox, 29 November 2009 - 02:45 PM.