Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Thank you all

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Frisbetarian

• ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

• 4632 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:31 PM

This was a triumph. I'm making a note here, huge success.

I would like to thank everyone who donated an item, made a bid, or merely contributed to the cause. Considering the state of the economy, this year's auction was more of a success than last year. Tremendous job, guys. This is the best of SoSH.

I need to give special thanks to the cookbook guys - I can't wait to see the finished product. To LT and Blessyouboys for the great work on the master list, the payment site, and all the help with the auction. To Nip and LTF for press release and publicity. To the Skrub for the soul, and the place to bounce ideas. To Abs for the yeoman's work on both the cookbook and auction.

But the biggest thank you goes to Candy, who really is the driving force behind the whole thing. You are the best, LL, and John is one lucky cabron, I hope he realizes it.

I'll see many of you pendejos next Saturday, and wish it could be all of you.

Thanks.

Yo la tengo,

Fris

#2 Sille Skrub

• 3912 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:31 PM

I have to echo Chuck's thoughts regarding LauraLee (Candy). She truly is the driving force behind the auction and we're really lucky to have her involved. She was always thinking of ways to try and enhance the auction and probably sent about 4,000 emails out in the process.

Thanks to everyone who bid, donated items, posted ideas, helped out and even just clicked on the forum. Considering the economy, I had really low expectations going in.

Once again, SoSH surprised me.

A job well done and a tip of the cap to all involved. I can't wait to see the cookbook and I'm looking forward to seeing many of you on the 25th!

#3 Candy LaChance

• Skrub's secret admirer

• 2422 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:27 AM

Nothing can ever get done without a commitment from a community, and the willingness of SoSH to once again open their hearts and wallets is ultimately what made this auction a success. From the smallest widow's mite to the riches of Solomon, everyone's donations and bids added up to an important contribution to fight ALS.

Everyone who worked on the cookbook, the t-shirt, The Committee™, and soon - the hot dog eating contest (and you know you want to enter, don't you?) took the charge and went forth willingly to complete the myriad tasks that needed to be done. Their hearts were open and completely engaged in our purpose, which was to raise as much money as we could this year to fight the scourge that is ALS.

Thank-you everyone who worked so tirelessly, and to SoSH who once again stuck by us amateurs trying to do a grown-up's job and gave so willingly. Thank-you!

#4 amh03

• Tippi Hedren

• 4361 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:29 AM

Awesome job, LauraLee!! With your fine crew -- LT, Blessyouboys, Nip, LTF, Abs, Skrub and Fris and of course we cannot forget John (cause I know he's been helping in the background!) -- you all make us look good! Great job on the items donated, the bidding & high bidding, and the enthusiasm. This sure is a special place!!

#5 absintheofmalaise

• too many flowers

• 10806 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:35 AM

In addition to all of those who donated and bought auction items I'd like to thank the cookbook crew: Mark, Barbara L, LL, Carol, the husband of Carol and also Tara from ALS. Exceptional work from all parties.

#6 Rooster Crows

• 1080 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (amh03 @ Jul 20 2009, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome job, LauraLee!! With your fine crew -- LT, Blessyouboys, Nip, LTF, Abs, Skrub and Fris and of course we cannot forget John (cause I know he's been helping in the background!) -- you all make us look good! Great job on the items donated, the bidding & high bidding, and the enthusiasm. This sure is a special place!!

Not meaning to gratuitously pile on, but wanted to add my thanks to the whole group as well, especially Laura Lee, whose handling of the bidding, and hand-holding of the bidders/donors, was one of the keys to its success, along with all of the other efforts to make this easier for us, from the audit updates to the master list, etc. THANKS GANG - job well done!

#7 Orange Julia

• kittens kitttens kittens kittens

• 10037 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:24 PM

I can't wait to see the picture of the Big Check. smile.gif

#8 LoweTek

• 758 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (Orange Julia @ Jul 20 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't wait to see the picture of the Big Check. smile.gif
It might be two pictures. Trying to have a partial check up there in time for the Bash Saturday and have to withhold some for expenses: t-shirts, cook books, minimums, shipping, etc. I should have one picture by Wednesday or Thursday I hope. The second one might be next week after the bills are paid. Lots of big ticket items only closed yesterday with many payments arriving today. It takes 3-4 days for the monies to transfer and clear so I can get the actual cashier's check. I'm pedaling as fast as I can.

#9 absintheofmalaise

• too many flowers

• 10806 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:10 AM

Wanted to mention that the SoSH got a good mention in the September Mass ALS Newsletter. We're on page 10.

Congratulations to the entire Sons of Sam Horn Community for
raising over $27,000 for ALS patient care and research through
their online auction. Over the last two years, The Sons of Sam
Horn Community raised over $90,000 for patient care and
research.