Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Non-Members/Lurkers Authorized To Bid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 LoweTek

• 776 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:37 PM

This thread will contain a regularly updated list of non-members/Lurkers who have pre-registered to bid.

Non-member registration is required to bid on auctions. This is similar to any live auction requiring registration as we need basic contact info. When registering, you will be automatically entered into the raffle! Non-members may also register to bid in one of the following ways:

* Purchase of a Cookbook
* Purchase of a T-Shirt
* Entry in The Prediction Contest
* Making a $5 Direct Donation (includes one free raffle entry)

Please be sure to indicate in the Extra Notes/Info field on the website form that you wish to be registered to bid on auctions.

If you have registered and your handle/screen name does not appear below, please consider yourself authorized to bid. The list is updated at a minimum daily.

As of the last edit date and time below the following Non-Member/Lurkers have pre-registered to bid:

BostonBeerBelly
BucketOBalls
budcrew08
Crona149
Dbgilpin
deythur
djgrell
fenway19
Follow33
Frito Tankona
GoPats84
Hawk'sGoodKnees
inATLwithEdgar
JMinDC
Kdelle
Litigator02
martybarrettoverdrive
Philharmonic Bar
raylaw21
Rudi Fingers
sarahs94
soxy brown
swingandadrive
Taxmancometh
Trlicek's Whip
VetteZR1

Edited by LoweTek, 20 July 2009 - 04:13 AM.

#2 JimBoSox9

• will you be my friend?

• 12,767 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:42 PM

Is a mod going to clean up non-valid lurker bids, or will their bids become retroactively valid if they register?

#3 Foulkey Reese

• foulkiavelli

• 20,174 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:42 PM

Why do they have to make a $5 donation?

#4 LoweTek

• 776 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (Foulkey Reese @ Jul 6 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do they have to make a $5 donation?
So we have basic info on otherwise anonymous bidders.

For today, if they register today their bids will be valid, assuming they are not bested. Going forward only pre-registered non-member bids will be valid. This worked quite well last year to prevent any problems.

Edited by LoweTek, 08 July 2009 - 08:20 AM.

#5 Dollar

• 3,469 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:04 PM

Just for clarification, does entering the raffle count as the donation? Or do you need to register before entering the raffle?

Edited by Dollar, 06 July 2009 - 01:04 PM.

#6 LoweTek

• 776 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (Dollar @ Jul 6 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just for clarification, does entering the raffle count as the donation? Or do you need to register before entering the raffle?
Yes, entering the raffle counts. Please see post #1 in this thread for a clarification.

Edited by LoweTek, 08 July 2009 - 08:21 AM.

#7 LoweTek

• 776 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:17 PM

Bumped for updates and clarification of pre-registration requirements. See post #1.

#8 VetteZR1

• 152 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:13 AM

I went to go pre-register and got an error when the linked site opens up.

"The webpage "soshauction.com" cannot be found
DNS error occurred. Server cannot be found. The link may be broken."

Edit: I just used a link from another item and clicked the direct donate button.

Edited by VetteZR1, 07 July 2009 - 05:18 AM.

#9 LoweTek

• 776 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (VetteZR1 @ Jul 7 2009, 06:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went to go pre-register and got an error when the linked site opens up.

"The webpage "soshauction.com" cannot be found
DNS error occurred. Server cannot be found. The link may be broken."

Edit: I just used a link from another item and clicked the direct donate button.
Try it again after a few minutes. Could be a temporary thiing with the ISP. Be sure to refresh once you get there. The site has changed a lot and many browsers are caching old versions. Use the link in post #1.

#10 LoweTek

• 776 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:18 AM

Bumped for update and changes to pre-registration options. Please see post #1.

#11 Clemente38

• 1,313 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:13 PM

Where are all the lurkers? Time to step up for a great cause as well as let some of the members get a look at what you bring to the table.

Maybe some of the recent call ups could shake up the lurker ranks and get them on board with the ALS Auction. The lurkers know you better than us old farts and may respond better to your insults than ours, oops I mean encouragement.

#12 EdRalphRomero

• wooderson

• 2,381 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:33 PM

I'm a member here because I donated an item to a past auction and then impressed a member with my vast knowledge of the Red Sox. While we were golfing I said things like "Nice putt. Did you know that the Sox won the World Series in 2004?" I think he already knew that, but still...

So bid on something, drop some of that insane lurker knowledge, come play golf at Yale with me for instance and you can compare my swing to D-Lowe's golf swing (which would be nice) or his swings at the plate (which would be not so nice).

The dating advice you get in P+G is worth the price of admission all by itself.

#13 Soxy Brown

• 2,532 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

I ordered a cook book earlier today, but failed to do this:

QUOTE (LoweTek @ Jul 6 2009, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please be sure to indicate in the Extra Notes/Info field on the website form that you wish to be registered to bid on auctions.

Living in South Carolina, I probably won't be able to bid on many of the items (as much as I would love a chicken and some shots of cheap vodka), but I would like to be registered in case something comes up that tickles my fancy. Thanks.

#14 Average Reds

• SoSH Member

• 10,552 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (EdRalphRomero @ Jul 9 2009, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a member here because I donated an item to a past auction and then impressed a member with my vast knowledge of the Red Sox. While we were golfing I said things like "Nice putt. Did you know that the Sox won the World Series in 2004?" I think he already knew that, but still...

So bid on something, drop some of that insane lurker knowledge, come play golf at Yale with me for instance and you can compare my swing to D-Lowe's golf swing (which would be nice) or his swings at the plate (which would be not so nice).

The dating advice you get in P+G is worth the price of admission all by itself.

I will ignore the provocative statements here and simply advise you to empty your in box.

Dilweed....

#15 EdRalphRomero

• wooderson

• 2,381 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Average Reds @ Jul 9 2009, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will ignore the provocative statements here and simply advise you to empty your in box.

Dilweed....

See? Don't you want to be a dilweed too?

(emptied btw)

#16 Candy LaChance

• Skrub's secret admirer

• 2,439 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Soxy Brown @ Jul 9 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Living in South Carolina, I probably won't be able to bid on many of the items (as much as I would love a chicken and some shots of cheap vodka), but I would like to be registered in case something comes up that tickles my fancy. Thanks.

Don't worry you Soxy, thing you. We'll register you.

#17 LoweTek

• 776 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (Soxy Brown @ Jul 9 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Got you Soxy. Updated Post #1. Thank you.

#18 LoweTek

• 776 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:19 AM

Bumped for multiple updates. Thank you Lurkers!

#19 LoweTek

• 776 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:37 AM

Updated. Please PM me if you believe you have registered and do not see your screen name in post one.

#20 LoweTek

• 776 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:31 PM

Bump. Updates in post #1.

#21 LoweTek

• 776 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:02 AM

Updates.

#22 LoweTek

• 776 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:29 AM

Updates.