Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Happy Birthday Lou

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 The Napkin

• wise ass al kaprielian

• 13,729 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:31 AM

Lou Gehrig was born June 19, 1903. We all know how he died.

In lieu of gifts may I suggest a donation to Curt's Pitch for ALS.

I'll kick it off in honor of my college roommate Brian, who in one of those strange twists life throws at us passed away this morning. From ALS. God bless, Brian. The sky's a little more Orange and Maroon today.

Click here to donate

Edited by Frisbetarian, 19 June 2009 - 04:35 PM.

#2 Frisbetarian

• ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

• 4,669 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (The Napkin @ Jun 19 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll kick it off in honor of my college roommate Brian, who in one of those strange twists life throws at us passed away this morning. From ALS. God bless, Brian. The sky's a little more Orange and Maroon today.

Click here to donate

I'm so sorry to hear about your roommate, Rick. His journal is difficult to read, especially when he talks about his young children. What a terrible tragedy.

Any little thing we can do here to make the lives of people with this disease better, and to assist in finding a cure, is a tremendous benefit to the cause. SoSH really is a community, and I am reminded of that every year when we come together to battle a disease that has touched the lives of so many of us.

#3 Tudor Fever

• 3,407 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:20 PM

I'll kick in a small donation in honor of Diane Whitaker, with whom I worked for all but two years between 1990 and early 2007. She was diagnosed with ALS in late 2006 and passed away last fall. She didn't have a Caringbridge site so I can't link on anything to give you more of a sense of what Diane was all about, but trust me, she was one of the good ones.

Edit: Hey Napkin, that site is very moving. Brian sounds like a great guy.

Edited by Tudor Fever, 19 June 2009 - 09:25 PM.

#4 budcrew08

• 1,954 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:18 PM

The Wikipedia entry on Lou Gehrig is excellent as well.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Lou_Gehrig

Hopefully, someone can find a cure for this horrific disease.

#5 wyatt55

• 1,244 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (The Napkin @ Jun 19 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Click here to donate

Sorry for your loss Napkin.

I'll be ante-ing up in memory of Scott McKay. Former softball teammate of mine, father of three and ALS victim.