Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Call for volunteers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Frisbetarian

• ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

• 4660 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:57 AM

We really need help with some aspects of the auction.

First off, I still could use someone with publicity experience to help with this year's auction. We would like to draw in some outside SoSH types to both donate and participate this year, and to help achieve that Curt Shilling has agreed to talk about the auction on The Big Show, and a member who is friends with Pete McKenzie may also be able to get us a mention on the WLZX morning drive show. Additionally, we would like to put out a press release this year, and are always open to any other ideas you may have.

I want someone who can help maximize the publicity we can get, in both timing and message, and is willing to advise me and help with ideas, etc.

PM me or email at [email protected]

Also, we need people who are willing to go out in the community to try to get items for the auction. Southpaw21 has graciously agreed to send letters to the Red Sox minor league affiliates to see if they would participate, and more ideas like this would be great, i.e., letters to the Celtics, the Bruins, local restaurants, etc. Finally, if one energetic soul would be willing to head up and organize this effort, we certainly could use you on The Committee.

Yo la tengo,

Fris

#2 AlNipper49

• Huge Member

• 34294 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:23 PM

Fris if you are having Raul design something, a few banner ads would be helpful

#3 Candy LaChance

• Skrub's secret admirer

• 2430 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:50 PM

For the hearty souls who are willing to go out into the world to collect donations, our Community Volunteers, please see absinthe's post pinned up top.