Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Welcome to NatsTown. Population: You

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1510 replies to this topic

#101 CzarAlexander

• 654 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:33 PM

Tonight I told my son a story about a bunny named Lannan. He was a bunny in a land where bunnies weren't good at being bunnies, but god dammit it didn't let Lannan Bunny stop trying the best the best mediocre bunny of all the mediocre bunnies.

The little motherfucker threw his bottle at me. He has no taste.

Game recognize Game

#102 Freddy Linn

• SoSH Member

• 6,426 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:57 PM

Hanrahan gives up the tying run. So close and yet so far. . .

Pederast.

#103 saintnick912

• GINO!

• 3,601 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:11 AM

Lincoln represent!
Posted Image

You all neglected the SELLOUT MASCOT!
Posted Image

NATSTOWN, brought to you by Geico!

#104 wibi

• SoSH Member

• 8,090 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:34 AM

I had almost those exact seats two years ago. I had a data center in Reston and we took the entire team... for like 12 guys it was like $150.

Thats about right. I picked up those tickets for $10 per person (which is less than I pay to see AAA ball here in SLC)

#105 B H Kim

• 2,770 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:25 AM

The fact that they still have a season ticket base of over 17,000 is amazing, considering how cheap the seats are on the secondary market. Of course I say this as a reformed idiot (I had Nats season tickets for seasons 1-4).

Edited by B H Kim, 18 April 2009 - 09:29 AM.

#106 Smiling Joe Hesketh

• now batting steve sal hiney. the leftfielder, hiney

• 25,871 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:30 AM

That jersey misspelling is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

See? Adam Dunn just doesn't care about baseball! </riccardi>

That settles it: Nats hat to be purchased this weekend.

#107 Drocca

• darrell foster wallace

• 15,375 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:49 AM

The jersey is so amazing, I can't put it into words and I fancy myself a writer of sorts.

It is everything that I love about NATSTOWN. So many things in life disappoint, NATSTOWN does not.

#108 InsideTheParker

• SoSH Member

• 11,195 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:26 AM

Hanrahan does not = closer

But, but, but he was chosen to represent his Country at the WBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#109 JohnnyK

• 1,056 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:28 AM

Crappy Photoshop alert

Posted Image

Hope URI doesn't sue me for copyright infringement.

#110 Drocca

• darrell foster wallace

• 15,375 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:51 PM

Josh Johnson, one of the most ballyhooed young pitchers in the game, has given up 6 earned runs through one and one third inning this afternoon against the Washington Natinals. One of them was as a result of walking the pitcher.

That is probably the weirdest shit in another weird and wild week of NATSTOWN.

#111 InsideTheParker

• SoSH Member

• 11,195 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:22 PM

Josh Johnson, one of the most ballyhooed young pitchers in the game, has given up 6 earned runs through one and one third inning this afternoon against the Washington Natinals. One of them was as a result of walking the pitcher.

That is probably the weirdest shit in another weird and wild week of NATSTOWN.

Olsen and Johnson!
Posted Image

#112 pedro1918

• 2,671 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:22 PM

I was lucky enough to attend last nights Natinals come-from-ahead-loss and I hope they can pull it off again today.

#113 InsideTheParker

• SoSH Member

• 11,195 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:24 PM

Nick Johnson dropped the third out ball! This is hard to watch.

#114 Fratboy

• Mr. MENsa

• 12,145 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:45 PM

Hanrahan is one of the relievers on my fantasy team. True story.

I don't know how I'm going to explain this Natstown thing to the BF. This might be the tipping point.

#115 mikeford

• woolwich!

• 18,590 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:55 PM

wrong thread, durrrr

Edited by mikeford, 18 April 2009 - 01:56 PM.

#116 InsideTheParker

• SoSH Member

• 11,195 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:58 PM

I don't know how I'm going to explain this Natstown thing to the BF. This might be the tipping point.

It's easy: fans of a team that is greatly underperforming expectations create an internet thread where they can mock a worse team, thus feeling better about themselves and their team's prospects.

#117 Drocca

• darrell foster wallace

• 15,375 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:10 PM

It's easy: fans of a team that is greatly underperforming expectations create an internet thread where they can mock a worse team, thus feeling better about themselves and their team's prospects.

That is not it at all.

Edited by Drocca, 18 April 2009 - 02:19 PM.

#118 InsideTheParker

• SoSH Member

• 11,195 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:32 PM

That is not it at all.

Of course you are right. I was just trying to help Frat with an explanation that might work for a non-fan. I'm sure most of you are as eager for a Nats win as I am.

Meanwhile, I am intrigued with Rob Dibble's insistence that, for example, Visquel ought be given an error if he had failed to make the play as Hanley did, but Ramirez shouldn't get an error because he is such a bad defensive shortstop. Hmmmkay. . . .

#119 InsideTheParker

• SoSH Member

• 11,195 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:43 PM

Of course you are right. I was just trying to help Frat with an explanation that might work for a non-fan. I'm sure most of you are as eager for a Nats win as I am.

Meanwhile, I am intrigued with Rob Dibble's insistence that, for example, Visquel ought be given an error if he had failed to make the play as Hanley did, but Ramirez shouldn't get an error because he is such a bad defensive shortstop. Hmmmkay. . . .

edit: Let the Joel Hanrahan was ruined by the WBC talk begin! This is really too much.

#120 Drocca

• darrell foster wallace

• 15,375 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:44 PM

I'm not eager for a Nats win at all. Again, not the point. I'm not rooting for them to lose either. Not the point. I am enjoying supreme entertainment. The point.

Like, say, right now as the Natinals go into the bottom of the ninth with a 6-3 lead. A 6-4 lead with two outs.

It is 6-6 now and the inning continues as I write.

NATSTOWN

#121 Fratboy

• Mr. MENsa

• 12,145 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:48 PM

It's more that come DC Bash time, he'll might have some questions I may not terribly prepared to answer. I suppose I could say "think 1962 Mets or Bad News Bears" and that could get the point across.

Really, though, the Nats aren't this bad. Kasten and the Lerners are a terrible ownership/senior management team, and how this team became the Nationals in the first place was a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

I just wish the long-suffering non-baseball fans of the greater Washington area had something better than this shitfuck team. And there's no fucking way I'm wearing anything with a "W" on it. "DC," sure, but not a "W."

HANTA NATSTOWN YO

#122 URI

• stands for life, liberty and the uturian way of life

• 10,252 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

I'm not eager for a Nats win at all. Again, not the point. I'm not rooting for them to lose either. Not the point. I am enjoying supreme entertainment. The point.

Like, say, right now as the Natinals go into the bottom of the ninth with a 6-3 lead. A 6-4 lead with two outs.

It is 6-6 now and the inning continues as I write.

NATSTOWN

The Nationals play the most exciting brand of baseball I have ever seen.

#123 InsideTheParker

• SoSH Member

• 11,195 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:02 PM

Anyone else getting a Video Temporarily Unavailable from MLBTV? I wanted to see Tavarez pitch, but Hanrahan seems to have killed the stream.

#124 mikeford

• woolwich!

• 18,590 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:09 PM

Is it blacked out cuz of the Fox game?

#125 pedro1918

• 2,671 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:20 PM

I knew the could blow the lead. I just hope they can go all the way!

Edited by pedro1918, 18 April 2009 - 03:20 PM.

#126 Manchild84

• 2,027 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:36 PM

They went all the way! And how!
Gload walked.
Gload to second on wild pitch.
Helms safe at first on shortstop Gonzalez´s throwing error.
Wil Ledezma relieved Julian Tavarez.
Hermida homered to right, Gload and Helms scored.

#127 Drocca

• darrell foster wallace

• 15,375 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:05 PM

Hermida homered with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth to take it into overtime (in NATSTOWN! it's called overtime), and then finished the job with another homer in the 11th.

Player of the Game: The fans.

#128 educatedcheese

• 777 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:27 PM

I had the pleasure of spending this beautiful afternoon in NATSTOWN. I was not disappointed.

I need a little help with this, though. Out in centerfield is a sign, of sorts, just past the big TV, that says this:

Posted Image

There's no other sign anywhere like it to provide any context. What does this mean? To what does it refer?

Is this... the current population of NATSTOWN?

#129 mikeford

• woolwich!

• 18,590 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:54 PM

Perhaps the fans are the proverbial 10th man on the field?

#130 CzarAlexander

• 654 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:17 PM

Perhaps the fans are the proverbial 10th man on the field?

The force is strong with this one. He has an innate knowledge of NatsTown marketing Lannanguage.

#131 educatedcheese

• 777 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:29 PM

The force is strong with this one. He has an innate knowledge of NatsTown marketing Lannanguage.

I like what you did there.

I figured you'd have to draw more than a couple hundred fans for them to function effectively as a 10th man, but perhaps I've misunderestimated the power of NatsTown.

#132 Orange Julia

• kittens kitttens kittens kittens

• 10,632 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:30 PM

me too.

Today's game was classic Natinals, though! I just remembered that i have a pretty good NatsTown story from last year. Out in FX county, doing some saturday shopping, and see that there's a huge promotion in the parking lot at Modells. Sweet! I go in, look for some Natinals gear--there's almost NONE to be found. Go outside to where all these handsome young studs are giving away tickets and say "What the hell, dudes, Modells is a MAJOR Sponsor for the Nats and there's no Nats gear in there." Dude just looked at me. It stopped me in my tracks. I didn't know what to say after that--I felt this weird thing that I think people call "speechless." So i just said, again, "That's just wrong! They're a major sponsor and they don't have any stuff!" and i stomped off.

Meanwhile, I have found out that the AAA team is affectionately called the P-Nats.

#133 AlNipper49

• Huge Member

• 34,789 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:02 PM

Justin Maxwell up

(Bernadina = fractured ankle)

Maxwell fun fact: His first career hit was a pinch-hit grand slam. He is from Maryland. He is what Mark Teixeira could have been. Bring us home JMax, bring us home.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This image comes up on the first page of a Google Image Search for Justin Maxwell

Posted Image

I believe that his name would have sounded better if his parents had named him Jason. Justin does not sound right and, as a result, I will refuse to ever type the words "Justin Maxwell" in another post. Ever.

#134 pedro1918

• 2,671 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:11 PM

Snagging defeat from the jaws of certain victory! That's OUR Natinals!

#135 DeJesus Built My Hotrod

• SoSH Member

• 11,212 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:47 PM

You know. I think its time - the Natinals now deserve their own sub-forum. NatsTown, where Posted Imagemeets baseball!

Edited by Jack Brohammer Experience, 18 April 2009 - 10:47 PM.

#136 E5 Yaz

• Transcends message boarding

• 27,148 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:42 AM

Where to eat and drink in NatsTown:

http://www.washingto...park/index.html

#137 CaptainLaddie

• dj paul pfieffer

• 23,490 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:57 AM

A bunch of Nationals booked a table at the bar I was DJing at tonight.

They never showed up.

#138 Doctuh

• 321 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:56 AM

A bunch of Nationals booked a game at the stadium I was at tonight.

They never showed up.

#139 TheYellowDart5

• Hustle and bustle

• 8,603 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:36 PM

That Adam Dunn "NATINALS" jersey snafu?

Posted Image

It happened again last night.

#140 jcd0805

• 450 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:53 PM

That Adam Dunn "NATINALS" jersey snafu?

Posted Image

It happened again last night.

Um, no. They wore their red "W" jerseys last night. Ryan Zimmerman & Adam Dunn both had the misspelled jerseys the night before, with thoughts amongst Natstown (all 10 of us) being that they are both pranksters and they intentionally took the O out to symbolize that they lost the 0 after winnng the day before. Only in Natstown!!!

Edited by jcd0805, 19 April 2009 - 12:54 PM.

#141 nocode51

• 181 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:56 PM

Dukes was benched, fined, and threatened with a demotion to the minors for showing up five minutes after reporting time. Apparently yahoo sports is catching NatsTown fever and increasing their coverage. Could the Nats actually get really popular from this whole phenomenon like that really bad guy on American Idol a few years ago? I have fever and the only cure is more Natinals.

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=mlb,157410

#142 BigPapiLumber Co.

• 633 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:58 PM

Nats town continues to amaze. Elijah Dukes was fined and benched for being 5 minutes late to the ballpark Saturday ... because he was doing charity work at a local Little League. Zero tolerance at its best!

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=mlb,157410

D'oh! Two minutes behind nocode! (But I did add details about why he was late, so I consider my post a contribution!)

Edited by BigPapiLumber Co., 19 April 2009 - 02:00 PM.

#143 nocode51

• 181 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:03 PM

Oh right, I forgot the best part. Either way it's fine, there is a lot of Nats love to go around.

#144 redsahx

• 1,411 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:50 PM

Wanted to share some of the images from my pilgrimage to NatsTown last year.

These seats only cost me about $50 each, or $75 less than comparable seats at Fenway.
Posted Image

Teddy Actually IN THE LEAD!!! down the stretch, before inevitable tripping and costing himself another victory. This race is sort of a metaphor for the Nationals.
Posted Image

Look at the incredible attention to detail that was paid to recreate Lincoln's face: mainly the mole.

Posted Image

As you can see, Thomas Jefferson is still a ladies man to this day

Posted Image

Finally, George Washington took exception to my questioning of Manny Acta's judgement of not batting Aaron Boone cleanup to provide more protection for Dmitri Young. I was also angered that Wily Mo Pena was not in the lineup. G-Dub made a fair point. When you have upwards of 9 qualified outfielders on your roster, that means each game a few are going to have to sit the bench, or learn a new position, which disqualified Wily Mo.

Posted Image

#145 SeanBerry

• poopdragon

• 3,228 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:46 PM

The Nationals have now blown a lead in the 9th inning for the 3rd straight game.

#146 jcd0805

• 450 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

The Nationals have now blown a lead in the 9th inning for the 3rd straight game.

Yeah, it's kind of like Groundhog Day with this team.

#147 InsideTheParker

• SoSH Member

• 11,195 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:26 PM

Haven't the Sox got some guy somewhere they can send them to pitch the ninth, straight up for Adam Dunn, to DH off the bench?

#148 I am an Idiot

• "Duke"

• 3,673 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

Bought my Nats hat today. Guy at Lids had to do a triple take when I brought it to the register. I'm in. Go Natinals.

#149 Dionysus

• SoSH Member

• 6,643 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:29 PM

Ironically, I was one of the first "Go Nats" guys here, over at the APril Gamethreads/Worst Team in the Majors threads. And by "Go Nats" I mean I want to watch them lose as many as possible.

Just been away from my computer without enough time to post here, but I am SO in on this.

Looking back to last season, I lived in Lancaster, PA so I saw ALOT of Nationals commercials (we got MASN and MASN 2), some of those ads were... well... the slogan they were usign was "Pledge Your Allegiance" which is amazing enough, but alot of the commercials involved the presidential monuments. One, for example, had the statue of Lincoln from the Lincoln Memorial complaing about how "they say I have the best view in the Capitol, but what I really want to see is the Nationals game!"

So basically, yes, I'm a member of NATSTOWN. This will be the most nonSox fun Ive ever had with baseball

Edited by Dionysus, 19 April 2009 - 08:29 PM.

#150 CarboCopy

• Wordy McNoprofit

• 5,363 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:04 PM

Haven't the Sox got some guy somewhere they can send them to pitch the ninth, straight up for Adam Dunn, to DH off the bench?

Sadly, Heathcliff Slocumb is out of baseball.