Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Baseball bats

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#51 absintheofmalaise

• too many flowers

• 10060 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

I live in Colorado and my 12 year old is looking for a wood bat that is about 30-31 inches. Any suggestions for a good wood bat that I can order online?
Thanks.

Talk to these folks out on the Cape. The birch ones are almost unbreakable.

#52 Just a bit outside

• 730 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

Thank you. I will talk to them today.

#53 dylanmarsh

• 4566 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

Talk to these folks out on the Cape. The birch ones are almost unbreakable.

Thanks, Abs!

#54 absintheofmalaise

• too many flowers

• 10060 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:19 AM

Anytime dylan.

#55 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 14511 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Marucci bats are great as well. Almost 400 major league players use their bats.

#56 dylanmarsh

• 4566 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

This clip is about the CCBL but it shows the bat making process of the family company:

#57 Heinie Wagner

• 134 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

Any suggestions for a Babe Ruth Bat (BBCOR) for this fall for a boy who turns 13 in September - just under 5'10" about 120 lbs.  He played his last LL game a few days ago.  He used a -12, 32" DeMarinni Vendetta (two piece) and really liked it, good pop and never any sting.  He's more of a power hitter than a contact hitter, so I'm thinking of something different for the big field.

#58 PaulinMyrBch

• Don't touch his dog food

• 4697 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

Are you talking about BBCOR -3?

If so, I've got a DeMarini 2013 cf5 33" that is brand new that I'll practically give you.  Might be too stout for him though, length being a 33.  But I'm about to put it on Ebay.  My son with bats is like a teenage girl with iphones.

#59 absintheofmalaise

• too many flowers

• 10060 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

Any suggestions for a Babe Ruth Bat (BBCOR) for this fall for a boy who turns 13 in September - just under 5'10" about 120 lbs.  He played his last LL game a few days ago.  He used a -12, 32" DeMarinni Vendetta (two piece) and really liked it, good pop and never any sting.  He's more of a power hitter than a contact hitter, so I'm thinking of something different for the big field.

How much bigger is the big field than his LL field? I know when my son moved up that there was a pretty big adjustment, not only because the field was so much larger, but also because the older kids in the division were so much better than anyone he'd faced before and he was a good player. He hit plenty of HRs in LL. Not so much his first year after he moved up. It's a pretty big adjustment going to a  -3 too.

#60 DeJesus Built My Hotrod

• SoSH Member

• 9488 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:20 AM

My kid just moved up to a drop three bat after using a drop eight for the better part of  a year.  Its a huge adjustment for any kid so keep that in mind.  I would almost certainly check the rules to determine what is allowed. 

For example, LL small field rules state that kids can't have a barrel larger than two and a quarter.  But the big field rules permit two and five-eighths barrels.   I am not familiar with Babe Ruth rules so check it out.

Finally, Justbats.com or baseballsavings.com have good sales on now.  We got an Easton bat for about 40% off last month so you can save some coin that way.  As is the case with Paul, we seem to go through expensive bats like Imelda Marcos went through shoes.   You need to save money any way you can when it comes to equipment.

#61 Heinie Wagner

• 134 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

Thanks, I haven't checked this in a while.  I got him a bat pack from justbats.com with a DeMarinni Vexxum and an Easton Typhon, really good deal.  Thanks for the CF5 offer, funny that was a good deal on one of the sites I checked, so I asked my son if he wanted that bat and he said so many kids on his team (District team) had them, if he wanted to use a CF5, he'd just borrow a teammate's.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users