Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

SOSH

OK we're back on our main server.  It was taking a super long time to move *everything* back just to save a day's worth of messages.  I've been at this all day now and need to get back to my real job so.,... sorry.  Working on a better plan in case this happens again.  nip

Photo

Closing ceremony game thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 ent5

• 1598 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:39 AM

It's closing time
but of course we won't be seeing anything for 12 hours......
so any links of a live stream would be appreciated

#2 The Napkin

• wise ass al kaprielian

• 12769 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:30 PM

Those kids are actually factory workers. They're wearing how many jingle bells they have to make before they're allowed to break for lunch.

#3 Hendu's Gait

• 3/5's member

• PipPipPip
  • 7918 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:32 PM

This is really boring thus far.

#4 The Napkin

• wise ass al kaprielian

• 12769 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

???

Posted Image

#5 Ahriman

• noob, toughguy

• 1556 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:35 PM

???

Posted Image

I'm dying here. That was the first thing I thought of, too.

#6 Fratboy

• Mr. MENsa

• 11850 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:39 PM

YAWN.

I just want to see the passing of the torch to the London (or is it the Vancouver?) peeps.

#7 Hendu's Gait

• 3/5's member

• PipPipPip
  • 7918 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:46 PM

"She's only 4'9", get out of the way!" LOL

#8 SeoulSoxFan

• SoSH Member

• 10162 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:47 PM

So far, closing segment looks like those horrible "extra scenes" on a DVD that didn't make the cut for a good reason.

On the other hand, those cheer-girls recovered from the opening ceremonies to make a return appearance - accompanied by cheer-boys!

#9 Fratboy

• Mr. MENsa

• 11850 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:58 PM

Right now I'm wondering how many of these fireworks are simply CGI effects.

#10 BigMike

• SoSH Member

• 18021 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:34 PM

With all of the British performers available. They pick Leona Lewis. Somehow Simon Fuller had a hand in this thing

#11 Hendu's Gait

• 3/5's member

• PipPipPip
  • 7918 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:53 PM

With all of the British performers available. They pick Leona Lewis. Somehow Simon Fuller had a hand in this thing

Actually, I kind of liked how they brought together 1968 (LZ/Page) and 2008 (Leona). A metaphor for past and present.

#12 William Robertson

• 3392 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:58 PM

Didn't the mayor of London look sort of rumpled? What's his deal?

#13 SoxFanSince57

• Carrie Nation

• 10048 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:44 AM

IMO, the British once again demonstrated that the sun has set on their empire.

I don't see a 60's rocker as being the height of creativity. I also gotta believe that the choice of songs was made while on acid. I doubt that the lyrics/message went over very well in a bunch of countries.

I agree that the whole thing would have gotten better reviews if 75% of it was cut out. Too long and boring.

#14 BigMike

• SoSH Member

• 18021 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:10 AM

I don't see a 60's rocker as being the height of creativity. I also gotta believe that the choice of songs was made while on acid. I doubt that the lyrics/message went over very well in a bunch of countries.

Well, they censored a few parts of the song. Removed the reference to "inch" from "every inch of my love" replaced it with bit , and removed the whole shake it for me I want to be your backdoor man part entirely

#15 fletcherpost

• sosh's feckin' poet laureate

• 6127 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:58 AM

Didn't the mayor of London look sort of rumpled? What's his deal?

Boris Johnson is the name. Go on youtube. Search the net. He's billed as a maverick Tory. An MP but he never made the front benches. funny guy, a guy with a sense of humour. A guy who would forget his head if it were not screwed on. Ha ha.

Yea...but underneath it all he's just like all the rest. A canny shrewd operator. He's been mayor for three months or so, but already there have been a few notable controversies and resignations from some of his closest allies and advisors. He's just a very posh English politician, they're all crooked cunts (and not just the posh English ones). But eh, Boris, he can crack a joke. Uncle Monty he is not however.