Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Track & Field

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
113 replies to this topic

#101 Ahriman

• noob, toughguy

• 1,556 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:34 PM

These Kenyans are evil.

#102 Jed Zeppelin

• SoSH Member

• 15,831 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:41 PM

We imported a Kenyan and still can't win a long distance medal.

#103 DukeSox

• Rick Derris

• 8,566 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:02 PM

The guy that won the 5K (in 12:58) ran the last mile in 3:57. The record is 3:43. So he ran a little over 2 miles, then ran a mile 14 seconds slower than the record. Nuts.

#104 BleacherFan

• 468 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:43 AM

The guy that won the 5K (in 12:58) ran the last mile in 3:57. The record is 3:43. So he ran a little over 2 miles, then ran a mile 14 seconds slower than the record. Nuts.

And just a week ago he ran a 4:02 in the last mile of the 10k with a 52 second last lap - amazing performance by Bekele. 2nd to Bolt, the most impressive track stories this year were the 5-10k doubles by the two Ethopians Bekele and Dibaba.

#105 bsartist618

• 698 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:19 PM

Hello Blanka Vlasic. 6'4" is a bit tall for me (like maybe a foot), but wow what a babe

Great body anyway.

Posted Image

#106 BigMike

• SoSH Member

• 18,339 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:54 PM

Great body anyway.

Posted Image

She has one of those faces that look better in action, then in pictures, because she looked much better last night. Plus there is one pretty good topless photo of her on the net

The legs are quite simply exceptional

#107 shawnrbu

• SoSH Member

• 10,532 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:03 PM

Posted Image

#108 LateRally

• 4,158 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:43 PM

As a quick afterthought, I thought Ato Bolden was very good as a color man. I didn't watch nearly all the coverage, but he stuck out for me as one of the better commentators. Nice balance of emotion/passion and objectivity. And he obviously has a lot of knowledge of especially the track events. Call me crazy, but I even liked the hint of the island accent. Sure he was guilty of excessive hyperbole at times like anyone else, but overall I was impressed.

#109 Hendu's Gait

• 3/5's member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,918 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:27 PM

As a quick afterthought, I thought Ato Bolden was very good as a color man. I didn't watch nearly all the coverage, but he stuck out for me as one of the better commentators. Nice balance of emotion/passion and objectivity. And he obviously has a lot of knowledge of especially the track events. Call me crazy, but I even liked the hint of the island accent. Sure he was guilty of excessive hyperbole at times like anyone else, but overall I was impressed.

I though Ato and Dwight Stones (in limited action) were both great, but I was curious how Michael Johnson was for the BBC. I am guessing we won't be able to pry him for the London games.

#110 Fred not Lynn

• Dick Button Jr.

• 3,787 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:05 PM

I always liked him as an athlete, too - but when you say, "excessive hyperbole", you mean like, as opposed to the other kind of hyperbole?

That said, I don't know that you could be guilty of hyperbole when speaking of Usain Bolt...I don't think we have words in our language you can say on TV that really describe that.

#111 LateRally

• 4,158 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:54 PM

I always liked him as an athlete, too - but when you say, "excessive hyperbole", you mean like, as opposed to the other kind of hyperbole?

That said, I don't know that you could be guilty of hyperbole when speaking of Usain Bolt...I don't think we have words in our language you can say on TV that really describe that.

No, just meaning he was guilty of hyperbole more than a couple times (that I can recall). Poorly worded on my part. And by hyperbole I'm more talking about his tendency to over-dramatize the "story behind the athlete" type of stuff. But again, minor nitpick of an overall job well done. And yeah, definitely not with respect to Bolt.

#112 Naehring11

• 430 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:46 AM

Hello Blanka Vlasic. 6'4" is a bit tall for me (like maybe a foot), but wow what a babe

You know, I was watching with a couple of friends and thought the exact opposite. To me she looks like some kind of ape creature that escaped from a lab where they test cosmetics on animals. At best she resembles a tranny. Different strokes...

#113 bsartist618

• 698 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:59 AM

You know, I was watching with a couple of friends and thought the exact opposite. To me she looks like some kind of ape creature that escaped from a lab where they test cosmetics on animals. At best she resembles a tranny. Different strokes...

That's a bit harsh. She's like 4" into freakishly tall territory and her face has some very masculine features, but I wouldn't call her hideous or anything.

#114 JimRiceHOFer

• 604 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:19 AM

That's a bit harsh. She's like 4" into freakishly tall territory and her face has some very masculine features, but I wouldn't call her hideous or anything.

Here is a non-competition picture of her.

Posted Image