Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Opening Ceremony game thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
254 replies to this topic

#251 ifmanis5

• SoSH Member

• 11468 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:01 AM

The little girl's name translates to english as "Johnny Bravo."

#252 DJnVa

• Yes

• PipPipPipPip
  • 17253 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:57 AM

I knew from the get-go that the little girl was lip-synching. I never made a stink about it, because that's pretty much SOP for small children performing in front of such large crowds (Super Bowls, etc.). I could tell she wasn't drawing in breaths the way someone singing normally would.

Well, she was singing. One report said she didn't know that her voice was not being heard.

Also, she found out 15 minutes before it started that she was going out there. Faking it or not, that's impressive.

I also don't care much--it's a spectacle, not a concert.

#253 trekfan55

• SoSH Member

• 5550 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:50 PM

For anyone interested in downloading the Opening Ceremony, here are a couple of well-seeded BitTorrents:

This one is the complete NBC broadcast (minus commercials) in High Def, suitable for recording to DVD for home viewing. Total File size is just under 5 GB.

This one is from the British TV feed, and includes many scenes not shown in the US. Even without commercials, the running time is 4 hours 12 minutes. Most of the camera angles are different from those NBC used, and their aerial coverage of the fireworks after the torch lighting is pretty spectacular. It's not HD, but it's certainly passable for viewing on your laptop or PC monitor. It's just one file and about 2.2 GB large.

FWIW, there's another HDTV torrent out there labeled "MBC Beijing Olympic 2008 The Opening Ceremony HDTV 720p 5 1ch x264-Aye mkv", which is the Chinese feed. That's one reason not to download it -- another is that the 4.4 GB file is corrupted.

For those of us on a Mac, how do w get a download?

#254 Lukiewerle

• 270 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:30 PM

Nice.

"You wanna know a secret?" an International Olympic Committee member from Las Vegas asked me in the lobby of the Shangri-La's Kerry Centre Hotel in Beijing. "The performers are wearing diapers during rehearsals so they don't have to take bathroom breaks."

#255 phrenile

• SoSH Member

• 5951 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:19 PM

For those of us on a Mac, how do w get a download?

Get some bit torrent software?