Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

6/8/08--Campaign to title #17-Game 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1202 replies to this topic

#1 drtooth

• 2:30

• 9,165 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:50 PM

Posted Image

BEAT LA

#2 XNOUGHT

• Patriots Fan

• 3,497 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:32 PM

First in line mofos.

BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA BEAT LA

#3 Sille Skrub

• 3,957 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:27 AM

From yesterday's Globe:

Red Sox pitcher Jon Lester will be honored as the "Heroes Among Us" during Game 2 Sunday night. Less than two years after being diagnosed with lymphoma, Lester was the winning pitcher in the clinching game of the 2007 World Series. He threw a no-hitter last month.

I'll be in the Jungle tomorrow and if you read my blog entry on Jon Lester, you'll know why I'm packing extra tissues.

Also, win it for GINO!

:)

#4 Guest_mannytizzletek_*

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:53 AM

U9vZ_akgmXU

Ride the train, home crowd.

WIN

Welcome to the Jungle, Los Angelites Axl and Slash

xtXN_EHPwSg

Jack, you can't handle St. Paul Pierce, and neither can Radmo. The Code Red will be the rocket up your ass

8hGvQtumNAY

We have Jesus on our side, they have a male named Sasha.

LvdJoT18nAs

We have the Big Ticket.

8wGVZpKQUsU

Edited by mannytizzletek, 07 June 2008 - 10:54 AM.

#5 RedSoxinIsrael

• 1,150 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:03 AM

Win it for Gino. Win it so Phil Jackson can stop whining. Win it to shut up those LA fans who are still confident this will end in 5.

Just WIN it. We're the better team.

#6 PJ Martinez

• 831 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:20 AM

Give it to Garnett in the post, again and again, and yell at him to take it to the rim, again and again.

#7 TrapperAB

• 1,158 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:33 PM

June 8th is my birthday.

Y'all know what I want for my birthday:

I want to swim in a pool of Celtic sweat and Kobe tears.

AB

#8 Havok

• 444 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:11 PM

Posted Image

WWDCD?

BEAT LA!

#9 DeJesus Built My Hotrod

• SoSH Member

• 10,320 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:38 PM

Give it to Garnett in the post, again and again, and yell at him to take it to the rim, again and again.

From your keyboard to Doc's screen. This is the recipe for beating this shitbag team and their hippie coach, their unconvicted rapist star and their characterless, star-fucking, stuck-in-traffic fans in to the ground.

Gasol, where the immaculate foul happens.

#10 Sam Ray Not

• 1,023 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:37 PM

No offense to Catalans — I love Mirò, and Barcelona may be my favorite city — but Pau Gasol has that same vaguely retarded, vaguely inbred look that Arantxa Sanchez Vicario had...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Blecch. Stomp the inbred Catalan. Stomp Kobeelzebub. Beat LA.

#11 Mike in CT

• 2,125 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:43 PM

The key to this game (outside of Pierce's health), is to continue to be much more physical than LA. You know Phil & Kobe are pleading with their big men to play more physical.

If they come out in Game 2 and can't come close to matching our physical play, we will win Game 2, and likely roll to Banner #17.

Dominate the boards again.
Take care of the ball.
Defense, Defense, Defense.

This game is so fucking huuuge. Win this one and we can go to LA and play loose and confident, looking for (at worst) one win out of 3.

Edited by Mike in CT, 07 June 2008 - 08:45 PM.

#12 Clears Cleaver

• SoSH Member

• 8,361 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:27 PM

Perkins needs to play and be healthy. He should get a few touches every quarter, I assure you the Laker fornt line will foul out in the third quarter. Theya re not a good post defense team

#13 Sille Skrub

• 3,957 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:13 PM

Win today.

#14 BigA27

• 1,098 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:42 AM

Just Win.

Win Today.

Nothing more.

Nothing less.

Just Win Today.

#15 January

• PipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 02:00 AM

Just. Win.

Here's hoping Perk can deal with Gasol again. From the MVP himself.

"You run into Perkins and Pau in an alley, you're probably going to go Pau's direction."

Dominate the boards, protect the paint, and conjure up memories of 2004.

Edited by January, 08 June 2008 - 09:20 AM.

#16 Sille Skrub

• 3,957 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:45 AM

T6TnilbMphA

#17 Ed Hillel

• Wants to be startin somethin

• 42,671 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:46 AM

I can't believe that this game is starting at 9 PM. It's a freaking Sunday!

#18 bunchabums

• 220 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:15 AM

Something about this series so far and particularly the coverage of the national media reminds me of the 2004 Finals. Detroit's smothering defense was brushed aside by media and Laker players with comments like "I just need to make my shots" and "Kobe will return to form in Game 2". But like in 2004, the next thing you know Detroit has rolled over on them in 5 games.

I don't think the Celts defense of 2008 is comparable to Detroit's of 2004 but are they that far apart?

#19 RedSoxinIsrael

• 1,150 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:22 AM

Injury update: Pierce will play, Odom too. Perkins "at 80%". Rotoworld:

Celtics center Kendrick Perkins will be a game-time decision on Sunday, as he deals with a high ankle sprain sustained in Game 1.

Perkins sat out the team shootaround on Sunday morning, and his most recent self-evaluation was that he feels "80 percent" healthy. His absence would be a huge blow to the Celtics, particularly on defense -- expect P.J. Brown and Glen Davis to log heavy minutes if Perkins doesn't play.

Paul Pierce practiced on Sunday morning will play in Game 2 of the Finals, despite speculation that he has cartilage damage in his injured right knee.

Pierce reported some stiffness and difficulty squatting, but doesn't want an MRI until the series is over. The Worcester Telegram reported that Pierce "may have a tear in his meniscus", which would likely require arthroscopic surgery during the offseason. That's nothing more than an educated guess, however, and Celtics fans are just hoping that he stays vertical for another week or two.

Lamar Odom sat out of Saturday's practice because of undisclosed injuries, but he will play in Game 2 on Sunday evening.

Odom needed extra rest in order to heal, but wouldn't reveal what part of him was injured, for tactical reasons -- "I can't tell you (what's hurting), man. They might attack it." Unfortunately for Odom, Kevin Garnett is going to attack him anyway.

Edited by RedSoxinIsrael, 08 June 2008 - 11:26 AM.

#20 Sam Ray Not

• 1,023 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

[Odom] wouldn't reveal what part of him was injured, for tactical reasons -- "I can't tell you (what's hurting), man. They might attack it."

I say we get PJ, Perk, and Powe to test everywhere.

#21 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 16,437 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

Turn on the heat in the Lakers locker room for old times sake.

Edited by RedOctober3829, 08 June 2008 - 01:03 PM.

#22 Sportsbstn

• 3,885 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 02:58 PM

C's really need this one. If the C's get this one tonight, I really cant see the Lakers winning 3 games in a row in LA. However, if the C's drop this one, it gets a lot tougher in LA. Time to put Kobe and co in the hole.

#23 SaladParmesan

• 577 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 03:10 PM

This game really seems to be the fulcrum on which the series will sway. If the Celts win, they lead 2-0 and LA feels the pressure to sweep at home. If LA pulls one out, Celts then must win at least one in LA or the series is over. I have to expect both teams will really be trying to come out fast. Let's try to win this one.

#24 Jeff Van GULLY

• 2,639 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 04:01 PM

Kobe is going to come out on fire but we're gonna win this one

Posted Image

#25 Sprowl

• mikey lowell of the sandbox

• 21,052 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 04:06 PM

I say we get PJ, Perk, and Powe to test everywhere.

If they're in doubt about where Odom is injured, it's always worthwhile putting a few body checks on Odom's left shoulder. He had a left rotator cuff operation at the end of last season IIRC.

His fastball just hasn't been the same.

#26 BOS2002

• Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:16 PM

Im ready for PP to destroy the Lakers again. Go to the rim and get the foul..oh I want to see another 4 point play for Pierce again, those are always exciting. Please..please..no Sam Cassel...just please.

#27 eddiebressoud

• 623 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:40 PM

Did you hear the one about the rapist and the Zen Master?

http://www.bballcity...be-phil-med.jpg

#28 TheoShmeo

• made johnny damon think long and hard

• 8,263 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:41 PM

Tempting karma a bit, I note that I predicted the Celts would win game 7 against Cleveland, beat Detroit in 6 and win game 1 against the Lakers. And I say the Celts are winning tonight by 10 or more.

Yup, many other Celtics fans made the exact same calls.

But the Celts are winning big tonight, dammit.

#29 Ed Hillel

• Wants to be startin somethin

• 42,671 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:14 PM

Pierce and Perkins both in the starting lineup per ESPN.

#30 boxosII

• 1,136 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:20 PM

i didn't know that Red was friends with Bababooey

#31 staz

• Intangible

• 4,624 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:30 PM

Release, rotation, splash. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Win tonight and have a nice flight.

#32 FelixMantilla

• reincarnated mr hate

• 8,631 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:35 PM

Ut oh. Kenny Mauer is one of the officials tonight.

So much for picking the best to officiate the Finals.

#33 eddiebressoud

• 623 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

Not Dead Yet

The Emperor asked Master Gudo,

"What happens to a man of enlightenment after death?"

"How should I know?" replied Gudo.

"Because you are a master," answered the Emperor.

"Yes sir," said Gudo, "but not a dead one."

Soon Phil, soon

#34 Oil Can Dan

• 4,921 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:45 PM

I am leaving for the game now! BEAT LA!!!!

#35 amh03

• Tippi Hedren

• 4,371 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:49 PM

Posted Image

#36 Rocco Graziosa

• owns the lcd soundsystem

• 11,330 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:16 PM

I've said since about mid way through these playoffs that the Lakers are simply on a different stratosphere than the rest of the teams in this tournament. Nothing I've seen since has changed that view. However, a C's win tonight and I'll say that I was wrong. Prediction.......whoever wins tonight wins the series.

#37 The Big Red Kahuna

• 2,421 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:18 PM

At the risk of stating the obvious.........

Normally, game 5 is the BIG game in a 7 game series.

Given these two teams, and the way they play at home, and the general mentalities of both groups, tonight is Game 5.

Celts win --> Go to LA needing to only win 1 to bring it back home up 3-2
Celts lose--> Obviously, have to win 1 in L.A., but don't want to have to do that JUST to come home down 3-2

Put simply... tonight is enormous. Huge. Beyond Huge.

Let's do this.

#38 Mystic Merlin

• SoSH Member

• 21,681 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:19 PM

Prediction.......whoever wins tonight wins the series.

I've adopted this stance in the past 48 hours or so.

Let's hope it's the boys in green tonight...

#39 The Big Red Kahuna

• 2,421 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:19 PM

...and yes, Rocco just said in 7 words (his last 7 in that post above) what my entire long comment was trying to say.

#40 jsinger121

• @jsinger121

• 10,249 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:24 PM

Ut oh. Kenny Mauer is one of the officials tonight.

So much for picking the best to officiate the Finals.

I figured that Mauer would ref Game 3 should the Celtics somehow be up 2-0.

#41 bball831

• 4,535 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:36 PM

KG has to have a HUGE game tonight. No 2nd half BS like game 1 from him.

Ray needs to duplicate his performances from the last 3 games.

Powe and Brown will have to play big minutes tonight, I just don't think Perk will be effective tonight.

God, I hope Paul is healthy.

WIN.

#42 Nixon's Hat Stain

• 105 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:48 PM

"Don't you realize? The next time you see sky, it'll be over some other town. The next time you play a game, it'll be in some other arena. Our fans, they want the best for us. And right now, they gotta drink what's best for them. Because it's THEIR time. THEIR time. In the stands, up THERE! Down here, it's OUR time. It's OUR time down here. That's all over the second we let Sam off the bench."

Posted Image

Garnett never says die.

WIN

#43 Captaincoop

• SoSH Member

• 5,210 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:49 PM

I've said since about mid way through these playoffs that the Lakers are simply on a different stratosphere than the rest of the teams in this tournament. Nothing I've seen since has changed that view. However, a C's win tonight and I'll say that I was wrong. Prediction.......whoever wins tonight wins the series.

I disagree that the Lakers are any better than the C's. But I absolutely agree that the winner of this game wins the series:

If the Lakers win, the Celtics need to win 2 of 3 in LA to have a reasonable chance to win the series, and I don't think they can do it.

If the Celtics win, the Lakers need to sweep in LA to have a reasonable chance to win the series, and I don't think they can do that.

#44 Empyreal

• 224 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:50 PM

I'm very impressed Kobe took a stroll through Boston... with his body guard. They also showed him returning to his hotel, undoubtedly to get friendly with the hotel staff.

#45 Exile

• 60 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:50 PM

Kobe showed no fear as he walked the streets of Boston? Strolling the block around your 4 star hotel with 3 bodyguards is hardly "braving the streets of enemy territory".
Get your mouth off the gold and purple tit ESPN.

Edited by Exile, 08 June 2008 - 07:50 PM.

#46 Mystic Merlin

• SoSH Member

• 21,681 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:52 PM

KG has to have a HUGE game tonight. No 2nd half BS like game 1 from him.

Ray needs to duplicate his performances from the last 3 games.

Powe and Brown will have to play big minutes tonight, I just don't think Perk will be effective tonight.

God, I hope Paul is healthy.

WIN.

Huh? If 24/13 isn't a huge game, then KG can never win with some people.

He played great - he took good shots...he just missed them. The onus is on the C's to get him the ball in the post more - the offense is deadly when they run it through him down there.

#47 RSN Diaspora

• molests goats for comedy

• 5,259 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:57 PM

This footage from game one is giving me a raging hard on

#48 Caspir

• 3,430 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:58 PM

I'm just waiting for someone to trip over that silly prop trophy platform.

#49 PseuFighter

• Silent scenester

• 8,370 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:58 PM

who wants to tell me what song the celtics use for their starting lineups?

#50 Exile

• 60 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:59 PM

Just saw that Kenny Mauer aka Pat Riley is on the floor tonight.
If Perk gets in trouble early tonight it might take a big game from PJ or Powe on the boards to put the GREEN over the top tonight.