Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Daisuke scratched, Lester to start

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Corsi Combover_*

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:33 PM

Daisuke Matsuzaka has been scratched due to illness and Jon Lester will be making tonights start

Source: http://www.bostonher...suke-scratched/

#2 Mystic Merlin

• SoSH Member

• 21398 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:36 PM

CorsiBot still reigns supreme!

Tough luck Hairps - you are Paul Pierce to his LeBron James.

Anyways, I am getting sick of this flu shit (I am presuming that's what it is). Hopefully Lester can build off his last start.

#3 DJnVa

• Yes

• PipPipPipPip
  • 17253 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:38 PM

Bah..2 threads.

Have they said if he's going tomorrow instead?

#4 jodyreeddudley78

• 1521 posts

Maybe there really is an intestinal parasite problem in Japan.

#5 Todd Benzinger

• 4287 posts

And according to the globblog, Youk is out today, MDC is only "so-so" and Tek and Coco are not expected to play.

Will they have enough guys or will they have to forfeit?? (kidding)... however, that decision to go with Hansen over a position player is looking sketchier by the minute. The starting nine tonight are playing with no one but guys too sick to play behind them. If someone sprains an ankle, who will come in to the game? Timlin?

Edited by Todd Benzinger, 23 April 2008 - 04:41 PM.

#6 DJnVa

• Yes

• PipPipPipPip
  • 17253 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:40 PM

and Tek and Coco are not expected to play.

Will they have enough guys or will they have to forfeit?? (kidding)

Well, the link does say Coco is 100%.

#7 berstch

• 571 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:41 PM

Please throw strikes or this could be a long night. No Okijima for sure. MDC is doubtful at best I would say, and you can't expect too much out of Timlin, Papelbon, or Tavarez. I think we will end up seeing some combination of Hansen, Aardsma, and Lopez.

#8 ookami7m

• 4194 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:42 PM

And according to the globblog, Youk is out today, MDC is only "so-so" and Tek and Coco are not expected to play.

Will they have enough guys or will they have to forfeit?? (kidding)... however, that decision to go with Hansen over a position player is looking sketchier by the minute. The starting nine tonight are playing with no one but guys too sick to play behind them.

Surely its not too late to get someone like Moss back up from the bucket is it?

#9 JimBoSox9

• will you be my friend?

• 12462 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:47 PM

What is the major league record for most pitchers in a row scratched from starts due to the shits? Two in a row and it was almost three.

#10 Guest_Corsi Combover_*

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:48 PM

What is the major league record for most pitchers in a row scratched from starts due to the shits? Two in a row and it was almost three.

And Lester gives me the shits.

#11 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30161 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:04 PM

So if Beckett (pitching Sunday) and Mastuzaka can not go tomorrow.... it's Masterson's day to pitch.

Edited by SoxScout, 23 April 2008 - 05:05 PM.

#12 Todd Benzinger

• 4287 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:33 PM

Well, the link does say Coco is 100%.

It says his hammies are fine, and he is expected to play tomorrow, ie, not today:

Coco Crisp is on schedule to play in tomorrow afternoon's game. Terry Francona reports that Crisp told he's 100 percent from his hamstring woes.

#13 DJnVa

• Yes

• PipPipPipPip
  • 17253 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:44 PM

I got that...but my point was that he is apparently available, since the post I was responding to (jokingly) wondered if they'd have enough guys to avoid a forfeit.

#14 Guest_Corsi Combover_*

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:47 PM

Theo says tonight's start may be "abbreviated."

#15 PedroSpecialK

• Comes at you like a tornado of hair and the NHL salary cap

• 16891 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:54 PM

Theo says tonight's start may be "abbreviated."

I like the Hansen call up a lot because Hansen's been pitching in plenty of two-inning stints (just like Bard has), so if Lester can only go 4 innings or so, we get Hansen for two, and then Aardsma, Lopez, Timlin and Papelbon can finish off the last 3 innings.

#16 Eric Van

• Kid-tested, mother-approved

• 10990 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:01 PM

So if Beckett (pitching Sunday) and Mastuzaka can not go tomorrow.... it's Masterson's day to pitch.

The PawSox possibilities are Charlie Zink and Chris Smith.

#17 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30161 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:05 AM

Daisuke Matsuzaka, who missed his scheduled start on Wednesday night, is being examined this morning by Red Sox doctors to determine how contagious he is.

The likely plan is for Matsuzaka to remain in Boston while the Red Sox spend the weekend on the road, playing the Rays. Manager Terry Francona said he didn't see any sense in taking Dice-K along on the trip given the severity of his illness.

If the right-hander feels strong enough while Boston is on the road, the Red Sox will make whatever arrangements are necessary to make sure Matsuzaka can throw in Fenway Park. His next scheduled start would be Tuesday at home against Toronto, but there's no guarantee he'll be healthy enough to pitch that night.

http://www.beloblog....tt_matsuza.html