Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Reminder: Sox aren't on NESN Tonight (due to the B's Playoff Game)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 Lose Remerswaal

• Leaves after the 8th inning

• 22125 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:48 PM

Click here to get the NESN+ Listing of where the game will be in your area

or just look at the pretty picture I took from the page:

Posted Image

Hope they didn't leave anyone out!

#2 FenwayWhalers

• This douche is not worth 2 clicks

• 2442 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:53 PM

Except for the fact that 660 on my Direct TV isn't NESN Plus. I actually don't think Direct TV offers NESN Plus on their sports package. (Considering I've never heard of NESN Plus)

#3 Kevin Youkulele

• wishes Claude Makelele was a Red Sox

• 1560 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:53 PM

Click here to get the NESN+ Listing of where the game will be in your area
or just look at the pretty picture I took from the page:

Hope they didn't leave anyone out!

Aren't all the systems listed as "technical constraints" being left out?

edit: deleted quoted image

Edited by Kevin Youkulele, 10 April 2008 - 01:54 PM.

#4 Lose Remerswaal

• 22125 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:55 PM

Except for the fact that 660 on my Direct TV isn't NESN Plus. I actually don't think Direct TV offers NESN Plus on their sports package. (Considering I've never heard of NESN Plus)

NESN plus is (as far as I can tell) a made up thing which translates into "stations we were able to get paid from to show the game on since we have 500 people watching the Bruins on the real channel". It only exists for a very short time when needed.

#5 Lynchie

• 1710 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:59 PM

Once upon a time Comcast would put it on one of the other HD channels in place of another one. Not having the Sox in HD is just sick. This is what I live for. This insult I do not forgive. The Bruins are not worthy of taking the Sox spot.

#6 Foulkey Reese

• foulkiavelli

• 20007 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:00 PM

Maybe this is a stupid question but won't way more people be watching the Sox game over the Bruins game?

Why not put the Bruins game on the alternate channel?

#7 Lose Remerswaal

• 22125 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:02 PM

Maybe this is a stupid question but won't way more people be watching the Sox game over the Bruins game?

Oh shit, now you're gonna make Napkin angry!

#8 Smiling Joe Hesketh

• now batting steve sal hiney. the leftfielder, hiney

• 25331 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:02 PM

Because 1) hockey is demonstrably better in HD than non-HD and 2) this is a playoff game for the Bruins and an early-season regular game for the Sox.

Leaving aside the relative popularity of the two teams at this moment, choosing to carry a Bruins playoff game on the HD channel makes a great deal of sense. This game is pretty important for the Bruins and NESN is their carrier after all.

#9 templeUsox

• SoSH Member

• 6420 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:04 PM

Even though the Sox are the premier franchise for the network, what would it say about their other professional team if they bumped their playoff game to an alternate channel over an April Sox game? Why should I watch a Bruins' playoff game if it isn't even as important as a regular season baseball game?

#10 ragecage

• 3987 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:31 PM

Because 1) hockey is demonstrably better in HD than non-HD and 2) this is a playoff game for the Bruins and an early-season regular game for the Sox.

Leaving aside the relative popularity of the two teams at this moment, choosing to carry a Bruins playoff game on the HD channel makes a great deal of sense. This game is pretty important for the Bruins and NESN is their carrier after all.

I completely agree, I just wish they could have broadcast it on the I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery HD channel or something, like they were able to do with some of the early Celtics games.

#11 Guest_Corsi Combover_*

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:35 PM

Is that NESN Plus webpage not working for anyone else?

#12 Senorec

• 859 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:45 PM

I can't recall where I read it, but I think NESN's contract with the Bruins is that playoff games would preempt Sox regular season games.

#13 jayhoz

• browndog's marshmallow bitch

• 11671 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:45 PM

Is that NESN Plus webpage not working for anyone else?

It's working for me. All it is is the picture in the first post (provided you can see the picture).

#14 The Allented Mr Ripley

• holden

• 8872 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:55 PM

I have Verizon Fios, and what's interesting is that when there was a conflict last Friday and the Bruins were on NESN Plus, Verizon made no accomodation to broadcast the game, so I couldn't watch it even if I wanted to. Now that the Sox are the ones getting bumped, they have a channel to show the game.

#15 RedSoxFan

• 3658 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:34 PM

Too bad an over-the-air channel, like I dunno, 38, couldn't broadcast the game and put the HD feed on its digital subchannel. Thanks Sean McGrail.

#16 PedroSpecialK

• Comes at you like a tornado of hair and the NHL salary cap

• 16812 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:53 PM

Once upon a time Comcast would put it on one of the other HD channels in place of another one. Not having the Sox in HD is just sick. This is what I live for. This insult I do not forgive. The Bruins are not worthy of taking the Sox spot.

It's a Bruins-Canadiens playoff game. This is the rubber game of an early April series against the Detroit Tigers. That, and NESN's charter makes clear that it must broadcast every Bruins playoff game over a Sox RS game, regardless of the opponent.

#17 InsideTheParker

• SoSH Member

• 10347 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:07 PM

Directv 660 says Tigers @ White Sox, but they have today's date, so I guess someone just put on the wrong sock.

#18 Dewskii93

• 216 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:09 PM

So...did we figure out where the sox are on Directv?

#19 djshecky

• 783 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:44 PM

The game is not on the alternate channel NESN said the Comcast CT would have it available on. Anyone else not getting the game?

Radio is working fine, and Geffner isn't on the air.

#20 Lynchie

• 1710 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:58 PM

It's a Bruins-Canadiens playoff game. This is the rubber game of an early April series against the Detroit Tigers. That, and NESN's charter makes clear that it must broadcast every Bruins playoff game over a Sox RS game, regardless of the opponent.

I know what games are on and the time of year. (Bs/Canadiens = big deal, I know) I was unaware of the charter however, thanks for pointing that out. That I can understand.

#21 educatedcheese

• 777 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:03 PM

The game is not on the alternate channel NESN said the Comcast CT would have it available on. Anyone else not getting the game?

Radio is working fine, and Geffner isn't on the air.

You know that Geffner is safely tucked away in a Marlins booth these days, yes?

#22 sibpin

• 2627 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:45 PM

The San Jose/Oakland area was screwed by one of these problems when an A's game ran into extras, pre-empting the Sharks game. At least it's better than that. As Bill Simmons says, "If traveling 5-10 minutes to a sports bar or a neighbor's house to watch the game is our biggest dilemma of the sports week, then we must be in pretty good shape in 2007, right?"

Edited by sibpin, 10 April 2008 - 11:46 PM.

#23 sibpin

• 2627 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:02 PM

Sox will be on NESNplus again tomorrow (Tuesday April 15) which was confirmed on the post-game show.

There have been a couple confusing advertisements - a listing on NESN's homepage and a commercial on Comcast broadcasts of NESN - that have been indicating that the Bruins will be on NESNplus, but that's not the case. Bruins will be on NESN HD.

#24 Eric Van

• Kid-tested, mother-approved

• 10990 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:28 PM

I believe that last time NESN HD picked the game up when the Bruins telecast finished, after 3 hours. That's better than no HD at all. Don't know if they'll still do this for an away game, though.

#25 LoweTek

• 757 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:03 PM

NESN broadcast of the game is on MLB channel 730 on DirecTV MLB-EI.

Edited by LoweTek, 15 April 2008 - 06:04 PM.

#26 jayhoz

• browndog's marshmallow bitch

• 11671 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:59 PM

Bumpity. Sox game is on NESNPlus tomorrow (Apr. 19th)

Local Listings