Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Game 7 ALCS 10/21/07 OMFG!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3410 replies to this topic

#1 Gehrig38

• Dome-Bellied Big Lug

• 310 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 03:32 AM

It's as on as it can possibly be. Jose, you need to do whatever it is rabid psycho Sox fans do to remain calm, post your keys and go P&G like with the I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery. Go Japanese on someone dude, it's there for the taking.

#2 BosoxBob

• 1,682 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 03:41 AM

Awesome game tonight, Curt! A gutty performance on the mound, keeping the Indians' batters off-balance without your best stuff. And of course, it doesn't hurt to have one or two or ten runs to work with.

ONE MORE WIN! (and then four more...)

#3 tailwind

• too poor to be SoSH Member

• 2,102 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 03:49 AM

This is gonna be awesome.

#4 pdaj

• 2,497 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 03:52 AM

Glad to see there's other losers out there that can't sleep.

I'm psyched.

Is Game 7 here yet?

#5 CaptainLaddie

• dj paul pfieffer

• 23,268 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:00 AM

Just got in from work.

Yankee fans shut the fuck up around the 3rd inning.

I am pleased right now.

#6 Frisbetarian

• ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

• 4,681 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:01 AM

It's as on as it can possibly be. Jose, you need to do whatever it is rabid psycho Sox fans do to remain calm, post your keys and go P&G like with the Mojo. Go Japanese on someone dude, it's there for the taking.

Remain calm mojo is strong, has been all summer.

Now get some sleep, you have another game or two to pitch this year.

Yo la tengo

#7 cgori

• 1,503 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:11 AM

On the West Coast tonight, I went out and drank with blissful abandon after an ass-whupping for the ages, knowing that the game I truly wanted to see would be played on Sunday night, by a team that is doing exactly what I hoped it would.

Just win!

#8 LoweSox

• Welches on Fantasy Baseball Dues

• 1,680 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:26 AM

勝利

#9 ScubaSteveAvery

• the goats! think of the goats!

• 7,187 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:29 AM

I'm feeling some Thomas Paine I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery. He rallied the colonies in a desparate times despite not always succeeding in life. 46 pages of his ink sparked an entire countryside to win the struggle and in the end, the movement he helped create birthed something monumental. Daisuke Matsuzaka is Thomas Paine. A foreign newcomer who has had rough times this season, but tonights game will be his "Common Sense." Matsuzaka's "46 pages" will be 7 innings of brilliance. It will be closed out by Jonathan Papelbon, acting as Sam Adams, the crazy guy who had it right, who will usher this team to the World Series.

These are times that try men's souls. The Cleveland Indians and the Boston Red Sox will, in this game, shrink from the service of their league; but Matsuzaka who will stand tonight, and deserves the love and thanks of Red Sox Nation.

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." - Thomas Paine

Daisuke, a nation peers their eyes upon you. Do not shrink. Remain Strong. Do not fear. Stand firm. Trust Yourself. Win.

Posted Image

Edited by Bosox33, 21 October 2007 - 04:30 AM.

#10 MentalDisabldLst

• Prefers spit over lube

• 13,816 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:33 AM

definitely can't sleep either. Hooray baseball.

Posted Image

#11 SanFranSoxFan04

• 135 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:59 AM

Thanks for the W tonight. Dice K will take care of business.

#12 TheoShmeo

• made johnny damon think long and hard

• 8,337 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:26 AM

Drew, Lugo and even Gagne gained some redemption last night.

Daisuke does the same tonight...and then some.

Also: Is there any shot that the mashers at 3 and 4 will have another game with one hit between them?

Cleveland, time to order up a giant vat of some of some of this:

Posted Image

Edited by TheoShmeo, 21 October 2007 - 05:31 AM.

#13 Oil Can's Liver

• Wants a Sammich

• Pip
  • 665 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:45 AM

Posted Image

KFK! He started this thing on THUR night... headed to the golf course..

Posted Image

wax-ON Dice-K San! wax-ON you beautiful Japanese Bastard!

Curt..get some rest will ya...you have some serious partying to do later tonight!

Edited by Oil Can's Liver, 21 October 2007 - 05:52 AM.

#14 Omar's Wacky Neighbor

• 2,919 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:54 AM

It's as on as it can possibly be. Jose, you need to do whatever it is rabid psycho Sox fans do to remain calm, post your keys and go P&G like with the I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery. Go Japanese on someone dude, it's there for the taking.

Reeeeeaaaaally nice one last night, big guy, but after the break in protocol, shouldn't Daisuke have started this thread to really keep the I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery going?

After Tuesday night, I kept telling all the MFY fan-dads: one more game, that's all I ask, one more game.

After Thursday night, I kept telling all the MFY fan-dads: one more game, that's all I ask, one more game.

And after last night, I'll be telling all the MFY fan-dads today: one more game, that's all I ask, one more game.

win

#15 happybooker99

• 558 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:00 AM

Dice K says:

“I don’t know if the term ‘switched on’ is the right term or the right way to describe, but I am all on for tomorrow.”

I'm on, too.

Win.

#16 someoneanywhere

• 3,179 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:00 AM

I'm telling ye, Oscar is the pox.

Thus saith Oscar Gamble: "Is this thing on?"

Posted Image

#17 TFisNEXT

• SoSH Member

• 5,417 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:05 AM

'86 Hendu I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery again:

Posted Image

#18 BoSoxLady

• Rules Red Sox Nation with an Iron Fist

• 2,955 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:58 AM

Pats win in the afternoon, Sox win at night. It's that simple. Do it!

I'm planning on a long night at Fenway. Champagne soaking and laryngitis are mandatory.

#19 thrawnqq

• 778 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:06 AM

Thanks for being a gladiator out there Curt.

Now DiceK needs to be the samurai and finish the indians off.

Just win.

#20 Rooster Crows

• 1,116 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:07 AM

Vindication: For G38 (he's still got it); JD (we've finally seen it); Gagne (he didn't loose it); and the fans (for keeping the faith all week, when the "experts" said it was all but over). In the immortal words of Big Daddy, "Why Not Us" bitches - one game at a time? Next game is up - KICK ASS DICE-K - your time for redemption is now.

GO SOX - WIN TODAY!

edit - channeling some more Millar I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery

Edited by Rooster Crows, 21 October 2007 - 07:11 AM.

#21 CoRP

• 4,241 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:10 AM

Posted Image

BANZAI!!!

#22 Lynchie

• 1,727 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:13 AM

Go you Red Sox!
May the intoxication of grandeur continue and let there be total victory tonight. What an effort by the team & what a series!!!

#23 jacklamabe65

• A New Frontier butt boy

• 6,079 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:18 AM

Forty-four years following this team on a pitch-by-pitch basis.

This is the fifth opportunity that a Red Sox team is this close to an American League championship. The other four teams sealed the deal.

It's time for this team to do the same.

I believe.

It is so on.

#24 gcapalbo

• 2,026 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:29 AM

Thanks you Curt for that outstanding performance.

Daisuke summons it from within and continues his streak of dominance in big games.

Papelbon and BSL end the night dancing the jig on the mound.

WIN!

#25 maceeight

• 75 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:29 AM

Last night Drew made it all worth while. Theo had to be the happiest man in the world after that slam.

Your turn now Dice Man.

Nothing better in sports than a Game 7.

Posted Image

Get ue there.

BELIEVE!!!!

#26 maceeight

• 75 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:31 AM

Papelbon and BSL end the night dancing the jig on the mound.

Holy shit I wasn't even thinking about that.

Win it for the JIG!!!!

#27 scotian1

• SoSH Member

• 5,288 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:34 AM

THE MYSTERIOUS NUMBER SEVEN
The Japanese people appear bewitched by the number seven -- much like the rest of the world. The West, for example, had its seven wonders of the world. Rome, it is said, was built on seven hills. Medieval Christians counted seven deadly sins. In the age of discovery, explorers traveled the seven seas. The modern world revolves around a seven-day week. People still say they are "in seventh heaven" when they are extremely happy (a phrase that originated in Dante's The Divine Comedy).

The mystery of number seven has enraptured the Japanese as well. Ancient Japan was founded around seven districts. In Japanese folklore, there are seven treasures and seven deities of good luck (the topic of this story). Japanese Buddhists believe people are reincarnated only seven times, and seven weeks of mourning are prescribed following death. The list goes on and on -- the seven ups and eight downs of life, the seven autumn flowers, the seven spring herbs, the seven types of red pepper, the seven transformations, and the popular 7-5-3 festival held each November for children, in which special Shinto rites are performed to formally welcome girls (age 3) and boys (age 5) into the community. Girls (age 7) are welcomed into womanhood and allowed to wear the obi (decorative sash worn with kimono).

Obviously, Dice K will pitch 7 strong innings tonight in game 7 and lead the Sox to victory.

Edited by scotian1, 21 October 2007 - 09:01 AM.

#28 maceeight

• 75 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:46 AM

Cowboy's throwing out the first pitch tonight!!! More 04 game 7 I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery.

I swear to go no matter what team Millar plays for he'll feel like he's on the Sox.
And I have to say I'm down with that. After he retires I vote that he gets to replace or at least join Wally as team mascot.

#29 William Robertson

• 3,469 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:53 AM

I had a picture in my mind of G38 bolting up in bed at about 5 this morning and screaming, "I gotta go start the game thread." I'm guessing he was up late rather than early, but either way, cool. (Insomniacs, Unite.)

Go Sox. A Game Seven on a day like today makes life worth living.

#30 Joe Shlabotnick

• 1,459 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:59 AM

I turned Japanese when I read this, if you know what I'm sayin', Curt. Seriously, why were you up this late when they may need you for an inning tomorrow. :(

Great clutch performance last night and tonight we WIN!

#31 Archer1979

• shazowies

• 3,097 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:59 AM

Ain't no way in Hell this thing wasn't going seven after the Sox went down 3 -1. None.

Memo to the Grounds Crew:

The Sox play nine innings(possibly more).
They win the game.
There will be a moderate amount of celebrating.
Then, and only then, you can paint the logo.

Thanks in advance.

#32 bluefenderstrat

• 918 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:12 AM

We all knew the Sox were going to win Game 7 in 2004, and I have that same sense of confidence tonight. I have no clue what the game will look like (slugfest, pitcher's duel, or blowout), but the Sox are going to do this. Beckett (especially) and Schilling deserve to pitch in the World Series.

#33 dauber23

• 639 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:20 AM

When the Sox win tonight, Beckett will be announced as the MVP of the ALCS.

But others receiving strong consideration have to be:

G38
Papi
Manny styling Manny; and last, but certainly not least,
J.D. "curtain call" Drew!!

WIN!

#34 Dick Pole Upside

• 3,434 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:41 AM

ALIVE!
Posted Image

Buckethead throwing out first pitch...

#35 CoRP

• 4,241 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:56 AM

Seriously, what is up with Millar throwing out the first pitch? Is there precedent for an active player (from a division rival no less) throwing out a first pitch for his former team? Isn't he under contract with the O's?

#36 XNOUGHT

• Patriots Fan

• 3,497 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:56 AM

I have to say T-Ric cannot be happy about G38 stealing his thunder and taking command of the past two game threads. His shot at glory was taken away. It is tough to compete though with a possible HOF current major league pitcher.

#37 Nuf Ced

• stupidity monitor

• 9,326 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:58 AM

Posted Image

For centuries, the Japanese have referred to their distinctive spirit and character as Yamato Damashii. Yamato is written with ideograms that mean "Great Peace," and is the old word for Japan. Damashii means "heart" or "soul". Put together, they refer to the traditional spirit and personality of the Japanese. Today it is used by marital artists as a way to show their fighting spirit.

It has also drawn comparisons to the Samurai spirit. A Samurai will never die on his back, because he is always pushing forward and fighting for what he believes in.

"The Yamato Damashii Way--where you give everything you’ve got until the very end."

Show us the Yamato Damashii way Daisuke!

#38 PedroKsBambino

• SoSH Member

• 14,489 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:04 AM

....and anything can happen in game 7.

We're two-thirds of the way there. Only one thing left to say:

Win Today.

#39 allaboutthesox

• 2,656 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:24 AM

Win number 7 of the 11 we need to win the WS is happening tonight.

Posted Image

WIN!

#40 AlNipper49

• Huge Member

• 34,706 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:24 AM

Forty-four years following this team on a pitch-by-pitch basis.

This is the fifth opportunity that a Red Sox team is this close to an American League championship. The other four teams sealed the deal.

It's time for this team to do the same.

I believe.

It is so on.

Dude you've done a better job than I blocking out that goddamned 2003!

#41 Average Reds

• SoSH Member

• 10,696 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:28 AM

Seriously, what is up with Millar throwing out the first pitch? Is there precedent for an active player (from a division rival no less) throwing out a first pitch for his former team? Isn't he under contract with the O's?

Kevin Millar = "Norma Desmond." Only comparison I can think of.

And yes, it's very, very odd that he would agree to do this as an active member of a division rival. But not my concern.

#42 Carmen Fanzone

• Monbo's BFF

• 5,813 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:29 AM

Tonight, we win. And afterward, we'll all be "turning japanese."
Posted Image

#43 Tudor Fever

• 3,412 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:37 AM

Tonight, we win. And afterward, we'll all be "turning japanese."
Posted Image

:(

However, now that song will be stuck in my head all day. Thanks!

#44 jacklamabe65

• A New Frontier butt boy

• 6,079 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:40 AM

I think it's a fucking riot. Cowboy Up, indeed. Don't let us win tonight. :(

Edited by jacklamabe65, 21 October 2007 - 09:41 AM.

#45 DieHardSoxFan1

• Smarter than Theo, just ask him

• 2,778 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:42 AM

Win.

#46 CoRP

• 4,241 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:49 AM

I think it's a fucking riot. Cowboy Up, indeed. Don't let us win tonight. :(

So do I. I'm just incredulous. Whatever...good for a pre-game laugh.

#47 Razor Shines

• 3,486 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:51 AM

I love Kevin Millar. He honestly might be one of my favorite players in baseball history. Anyway, I'm glad they sealed the deal early last night...would be nice if they could do that again.

Oh, and some unapologetic ball-washing here: nice job coming through once again, Curt.

I hate hangovers.

Edited by Razor Shines, 21 October 2007 - 09:51 AM.

#48 SoxScout

• Maalox Territory

• 30,161 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:52 AM

Roberts and Millar tonight? This is going to be the loudest Fenway of all time.

#49 86spike

• Currently enjoying "Arli$$"

• 22,159 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:54 AM

I have to say T-Ric cannot be happy about G38 stealing his thunder and taking command of the past two game threads. His shot at glory was taken away. It is tough to compete though with a possible HOF current major league pitcher.

couldn't happen to a nicer chap.

As for tonight... there is no fucking way on earth that cleveland will win this game. None. They might as well forfeit.

Here is a description of Matsuzaka's pitches for tonight:

Posted Image

#50 Gambler7

• 3,081 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:57 AM

Is Dave Roberts confirmed? I've read speculation but haven't seen anything solid...