Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

October 21st, 2007 - Game 7 - I was not convinced with the outcome

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2307 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

• broke his neck in costa rica

• 9566 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:34 AM

I was not convinced with the outcome. One day off helped. I was rejuvenated. We know that from now on we cannot lose.

The guy is confident. We should be as well.

I hear there is still baseball being played in Boston. That's good, I like baseball.

No I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery. Just baseball. And hopefully a win.

All hands on deck. Go get 'em, guys.

#2 Yazdog8

• 3923 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:50 AM

The guy is confident. We should be as well.

I hear there is still baseball being played in Boston. That's good, I like baseball.

No I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery. Just baseball. And hopefully a win.

Posted Image

All hands on deck I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery!

WIN!

#3 vyrago

• 60 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:33 AM

I think that double rainbow was an omen yesterday. Two rainbows--two wins.
We got one.
Unfortunately, my pic shows only one of the two, but, as Manny says, who cares?

We only need one now, so under the patient tutelage of Sprowl, I will here, without a net, attempt to post that pic--the omen for the second win: http://s220.photobuc...nt=B0000647.jpg

Ooops. Guess I'll have to go back to image posting school. Well, take my word. It was a beauty--just like tonight's win will be.

Edited by vyrago, 21 October 2007 - 07:39 AM.

#4 Sprowl

• mikey lowell of the sandbox

• 20751 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:38 AM

I think that double rainbow was an omen yesterday. Two rainbows--two wins.

We got one.

Unfortunately, my pic shows only one of the two, but, as Manny says, who cares?

We only need one now, so under the patient tutelage of Sprowl, I will here, without a net, attempt to post that pic--the omen for the second win: Posted Image

I think I got it tweaked right, vyrago -- nice!

#5 donutogre

• 1087 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:40 AM

Kevin Millar throwing out the first pitch tonight. I like.

#6 asection8

• 1151 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:46 AM

#7 redsoxfan1776

• 77 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:59 AM

WIN!!!

#8 yazisgod

• 31 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:18 AM

Bluto I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery worked in 2004, it worked for Andrew and Josh Thursday night, and it worked for Andrew and G38 last night!

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
[thinks hard]
Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
[runs out, alone; then returns]
Bluto: What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...
Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.
D-Day: Let's do it.
Bluto: LET'S DO IT!

LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 gtg807y

• 2508 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:39 AM

Posted Image

#10 Aldogg

• 258 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:45 AM

I want today to be one of the most politically incorrect days in Boston sports history. I want to start my day with a Pats slaughter of the Dolphins, then end my day around Midnight, seeing us scalp the Tribe in convincing fashion, in a game that is even beyond Gagne proof. I want Jacoby Ellsbury back in CF, I want Dice-K pitching like a madman, I want Buck and McCarver to STFU, and I want the roid monkey Paul Bird to have to come into relief early and have his arm fall off in the middle of the field doing that stupid double pump wind up.

#11 doc

• 2614 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:58 AM

Game 7 Kurosawa I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery

Posted Image

#12 Sprowl

• 20751 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:22 AM

WINnie I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery is on a winning streak.
Never fükk with a winning streak!

Posted Image

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Winnie, Bluto and Kurosawa will see us through to victory.

#13 Manzivino

• 2143 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:33 AM

To paraphrase Doug Mientkiewicz c. 2004, We've been playing Game 7 since Game 5. Nothing different tonight, just go out and win.

#14 gtg807y

• 2508 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:38 AM

Borat I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery:

In my country, they would go crazy for these two:

Posted Image
Posted Image

You... not so much:

Posted Image

Edited by gtg807y, 21 October 2007 - 09:39 AM.

#15 fieldslikebuckner

• 162 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:39 AM

I Will Fight No More Forever

Surrender Speech by Eric Wedge of the Cleveland Indians, Sunday, Oct. 21, 2007 -

I am tired of fighting. Our chiefs are killed. Looking Glass is dead. Toohulhulsote is dead. The old men are all dead. It is the young men who say yes or no. He who led the young men is dead. It is cold and we have no blankets. The little children are freezing to death. My people, some of them, have run away to the hills and have no blankets, no food. No one knows where they are--perhaps freezing to death. I want to have time to look for my children and see how many I can find. Maybe I shall find them among the dead. Hear me, my chiefs. I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever.

Tonight. Just win. It doesn't matter who suffers.

#16 Guest_mannytizzletek_*

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:45 AM

Rinse and Repeat

#17 trotsplits

• 137 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:07 AM

Close the door, put out the light.
You know they won't be home tonight.
The snow falls hard and don't you know?
The winds of Thor are blowing cold.
They're wearing steel that's bright and true
They carry news that must get through.

They choose the path where no-one goes.

They hold no quarter.

#18 wasavendor

• 153 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:11 AM

G38 claims he went over a few immediate adjustments to help Dice-K command his fastball. He seems to have taken the rookie under his wing and is emminently confident in him. He has a wry look like he knows something amazing is going to happen. I like G38, I believe G38. It's on bitches! WIN!!

#19 Rangerrob

• 53 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:12 AM

All Hands with a Japanese theme...(3:50 into the clip to be exact.)

Go get them DiceK!

From the East he comes.
Raising hopes of a Nation.
Championship Dreams.

WIN!

Edit: added time to clip

Edited by Rangerrob, 21 October 2007 - 10:19 AM.

#20 Doctuh

• 316 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:12 AM

The second longest day in sox fan history.

#21 Grudecks

• 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:24 AM

The dog hump I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery is 3-0 this year...hard to argue with history! Go Sox!

Posted Image

#22 acf69

• 118 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:26 AM

Cannot embed, but something to get the juices flowing:

#23 NomarRS05

• 3298 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:39 AM

Posted Image

Back to the well with some ass-kicking Clint Eastwood I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery. WIN.

#24 hurstmvp86

• 33 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:39 AM

dice will not be denied.

#25 Andrew

• broke his neck in costa rica

• 9566 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:40 AM

Holy shit im so hung over and someone decided to throw a baby shower in my house without telling me.

Of course, she probably DID tell me... just while I was watching the game and not paying attention at some point.

Jesus christ. I think I'm going to die!

#26 acf69

• 118 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:53 AM

I don't know why but I am very calm right now. I know this will change come 8pm but still... Very confident, almost too confident

#27 ClutchBOS

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:59 AM

Inside sources have confirmed that Red Sox leftfielder Manny Ramirez will win the ALCS MVP, and NOT Red Sox pitcher Josh Beckett. They have also confirmed the Red Sox will obviously win this game. These sources will remain anonymous.

#28 Aldogg

• 258 posts

You know, I love my football, and I love my Pats, but I want to literally pass out until 8 PM tonight with my 12 pack of Sam Adams and get ready for the game. It feels like this day is taking forever.

#29 katefear

• 6 posts

Game 7 Kurosawa I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery

Posted Image

Let's echo that with the US version...

Posted Image

#30 hurstmvp86

• 33 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:07 AM

Holy shit im so hung over and someone decided to throw a baby shower in my house without telling me.

Of course, she probably DID tell me... just while I was watching the game and not paying attention at some point.

Jesus christ. I think I'm going to die!

curt had his bloody sock; you have your puke-stained sock. shake it off kid!

#31 FoulketoMinky

• 798 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:14 AM

I have no I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery today, I don't think this team needs it. The last 2 games it has been it's own I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery, and that will continue tonight. Cleveland had their shot at Jacobs. They couldn't pull it off and tonight we finish them off.

WIN

#32 martybarrettoverdrive

• 432 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:16 AM

Apache I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery

(someone needs to teach me how to embed links)

#33 Sprowl

• 20751 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:20 AM

Apache I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery

(someone needs to teach me how to embed links)

Try this: [yout ube]De-mpTfmZv0[/yout ube], but with no spaces.

#34 katefear

• 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:24 AM

OK, I had never seen this monstrosity before. My husband says that if this doesn't make Jacoby's ancestors whisper "avenge us!" then nothing will. I'm half Danish -- and apparently this dude Seebach was born in Copenhagen. That makes me want to go back to the homeland and start kicking some Danish butt (not our Danish lurker -- you're exempt!).

My husband then reminds me that I've got some Native American blood too "..so you can kick your own ass!"

#35 OrlandoMerced

• 187 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:26 AM

As we prepare for game 7, an emoticonic, sermonic recap of game 6 and the workings of our messiah, Jacoby Ellsbury:

An angel of the Lord Posted Imageappeared to the prophet Tito Posted Image with explicit lineup instructions.

So as instructed, the Prophet Tito sayeth unto his CF Posted Image Sitteth downeth.

And sit down he done did. Posted Image

And in his place, the Eyebrowed Ellsbury Posted Image

whose speed and handsome-osity not only induced Schilling Posted Image into bringing his 'A' game,

but also inspired the reviled Gagne Posted Image to a clean inning of work, causing the fanbase to temporarily delay the violent end to his time as a sox Posted Image

as well as the most astounding result of Ellsbury's awesomeness, which was allowing JD Drew to say Posted Image to all the naysayers and deliver an inspired and heroic performance Posted Image

and in turn allowing the aforementioned fanbase to say "nah nah" Posted Image to the Injuns , and declaring much drunken Posted ImagePosted Image (and other Posted Image) reverie in The Nation.

And the good lord sent cheerleaders (and Megan Fox) to deliver the sacred message for game 7:

WIN
\
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#36 Yazdog8

• 3923 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:48 AM

Luck will be OUR lady tonight.

#37 Bellhorn

• Lumiere

• 2000 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:54 AM

As we prepare for game 7, an emoticonic, sermonic recap of game 6 and the workings of our messiah, Jacoby Ellsbury:

There needs to be a SoSH Hall of Fame, and this needs to be inducted on the first ballot.

I'm kind of nervous for tonight - not so much about the run prevention side of things, because Dice-K won't have a long enough leash to put the team in an insurmountable hole. But will the bats get anything done against Westbrook?

Screw it, of course they will! Papi will go yard in the first inning, and it the rout will continue all night long.

WIN!!!!!!!

#38 Bellhorn

• Lumiere

• 2000 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:58 AM

double post, sorry

Edited by Bellhorn, 21 October 2007 - 11:58 AM.

#39 the_pun2000

• 24 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:00 PM

G38 claims he went over a few immediate adjustments to help Dice-K command his fastball. He seems to have taken the rookie under his wing and is emminently confident in him. He has a wry look like he knows something amazing is going to happen. I like G38, I believe G38. It's on bitches! WIN!!

There is nothing "rookie" about our man on the mound tonight...
254 pitch 17 innning win, shut out relief the next day..and then a no hitter to cap off a win for his team in Japans national high school championships...
ROY 1999- Nippon/ Japan
7 Gold Gloves- Nippon/ Japan
6 All-Star Games- Nippon/ Japan
1 League MVP - Nippon/ Japan
1 Olympic Medal- Japan
1 MVP of the World (baseball classic)
1 Opportunity to become a Boston Legend instantly...
Tonight it is on like......yet another classic Japanese legend who came to the states and proceeded to kick ass for the better part of a decade.
Posted Image
Donkey Kong I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery in Full Effect.

#40 urayoan

• 59 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:05 PM

Cannot embed, but something to get the juices flowing:

Boy, that was fun to watch.

#41 Sprowl

• 20751 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:08 PM

and in turn allowing the aforementioned fanbase to say "nah nah" Posted Image to the Injuns , and declaring much drunken Posted ImagePosted Image (and other Posted Image) reverie in The Nation.

:lol: I'd quote the whole thing, but it's just up a page.

There needs to be a SoSH Hall of Fame, and this needs to be inducted on the first ballot.

Seconded (the nomination for first ballot, that is).

#42 patinorange

• SoSH Member

• 7864 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:21 PM

WINnie I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery is on a winning streak.
Never fükk with a winning streak!

Posted Image

Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Winnie, Bluto and Kurosawa will see us through to victory.

Winston Churchill was arguably one of the greatest men of the 20th Century.

IMO, Curt Schilling is the greatest man, so far, of the 21st Century.

Dice K would not want to disappoint him.

#43 mandurro

• 993 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:27 PM

There is a "Tim McCarver Show" currently on my CBS feed in lieu of football.

BRILLIANT.

#44 doc

• 2614 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:40 PM

General Crook I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery

Posted Image

General George Crook (1828-1890) - General Sherman said the greatest Indian fighter of them all was General Crook

#45 the_pun2000

• 24 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:42 PM

Today is officially my birthday...the official SoSH doctire for Lurker birthdays "who gives a shit, lurker". lol...and I am o.k with this I really am...I appreciate the gift of being able to post here- thank-you. Also, on my thank-you list...thanks Curt for a nice gift last nite...I knew it was a good omen when my tickets were for section 38. Oh, and Dice-K...in case you are wondering what to get me...even though Curt and J.D. gave me the same thing....I can never have enough ass kicking wins...so please...feel free...
Arigatou gozaimasu.

#46 doc

• 2614 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:49 PM

Posted Image

Sergio Leone I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery

Because in this world there are two kinds of teams, those with ropes around there necks and those with the guns...

The Sound

#47 ThreeRunBomb

• 70 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:44 PM

38th President I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery:

Whip the Indians Now

Posted Image

#48 njingles3

• 853 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:46 PM

You may continue assuming the fetal position Cleveland.

Win, and may my nights continue to be sleepless and joyful.

#49 neil

• 666 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:50 PM

This has 2 games of I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery behind it:

Posted Image

ARISE BATS ARISE

Edited by neil, 21 October 2007 - 01:51 PM.

#50 Stealth Beagle

• 39 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 02:13 PM

I want to start my day with a Pats slaughter of the Dolphins, then end my day around Midnight, seeing us scalp the Tribe in convincing fashion, in a game that is even beyond Gagne proof. I want Jacoby Ellsbury back in CF, I want Dice-K pitching like a madman, I want Buck and McCarver to STFU, and I want the roid monkey Paul Bird to have to come into relief early and have his arm fall off in the middle of the field doing that stupid double pump wind up.

First wish granted. May the rest come true as well.