Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo
* * * * * 19 votes

Game 6 ALCS 10/20/07 It's on bitches......

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1880 replies to this topic

#1 Gehrig38

• Dome-Bellied Big Lug

• 310 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:17 AM

Flip it on Jose, you dirty bastard. Keys and I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery as if your life depends on it.

#2 Talon

• sosh's adolfo gonzalez

• 2514 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:20 AM

Well I'll be damned

3 years and 1 day removed from the Bloody Sock game

I like our chances

ON

Edited by Talon, 19 October 2007 - 12:20 AM.

#3 cutman1000

• 2922 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:20 AM

If you insist on breaking game thread protocol you'd better back it up this time.

Good luck.

#4 Archer1979

• shazowies

• 3074 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:21 AM

My sig says it all.

#5 TFisNEXT

• SoSH Member

• 5394 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:24 AM

Game 6, down 3 games to 2 in the ALCS, G38 on the hill, this looks familiar. WIN.

#6 amarshal2

• 2595 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:24 AM

Posted Image

#7 LoweSox

• Welches on Fantasy Baseball Dues

• 1680 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:28 AM

I was digging through Google to see if the old Xanga stuff I wrote when I was but a wee college freshman was still on there:

. . . Another win in Game Five meant that there would be yet another more game for the Red Sox, before there could be only one more game.

GAME SIX:

Curt Schilling’s legacy was over. He’d come to Boston to pitch pivotal games against the rival New York Yankees and do nothing but crumble under the weight of the Yankees’ Empire. He’d fail, and he’d go home like the rest of them, all because of bad timing—the worst possible timing.

Game One, Boston’s shoe-in victory would go to New York, as would their series against the somehow underdog Yankees. The year was over. The dream was dead. There was no next year. Curt Schilling’s long and eventful path towards his perceived destiny was over, and it wouldn’t be the destiny he had in mind.

Except one thing: an unattainable series was suddenly up for grabs. The year wasn’t over yet. The dream was far from dead.

Game Six, New York’s first stand in their retreat to the Bronx could be their shoe-in this time, except that from the very get-go you wouldn’t get that impression.

There was the fan in the “Babe” sheet, accompanied by Buck’s sadly appropriate commentary: “We saw that guy dressed up like the ghost. At least I think it was a guy dressed up…”

Thanks, Joe.

Then there was Posada’s first threat that somehow ended up in Nixon’s glove at the wall. McCarver, not to be shown up, asserted his own analysis: “Pop-ups, tonight, like sagebrush in the old, old west.”

Thanks, Tim.

But, still, there was something about the way the wind blew from the very beginning of the game.

"Seven years ago I became a Christian, and tonight God did something amazing for me," Schilling said. “I tried to be as tough as I could and do it my way (in) Game 1, and I think we all saw how that turned out. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to do this alone.”

Hey, it's possible. Why not?

And hasn’t that been the calling of this Red Sox team, who’s changed characters as many times over the past two seasons as they’ve changed hairstyles? “Why not us? Why not?”

No team in the history of baseball had even forced a Game Seven after falling down three-games-to-none. No one had ever actually won the series either, obviously. So what possible scenario do you see a team making that type of history?

How about a team whose very success would have to depend on overcoming history? Why not?

Boston took hold of the game from the beginning, and held onto it through a barrage of cheap shots from not only the Yankees players, but from the fans for New York in the stands themselves. Even when they were decent, they seemed to cancel each other out. The dad who missed the catch on Bellhorn’s homerun couldn’t give his little girl a souvenir because “honorable” Hideki Matsui decided to throw a ball he knew was out of the park by two-feet back into play. Then, later in the game, was the incident where A-Rod took a fair risk—albeit indecent—and blatantly slapped the ball out of Arroyo’s glove before being called safe and making his way to second base as the ball scrambled away, when he never even touched first base whatsoever, and Jeter went around to score. The worst part was yet to come when the call was reversed—as it should have been—and Rodriguez had the audacity to act like he couldn’t believe it, before Torre, who would have seen the play right before his eyes thought it right to not only come out and argue the decision, but get in the umpire’s face and point and lecture. Somehow the Yankees are supposed to be better than this.

And oh wait, let’s not mention the New York fans who decided to shower the field with trash and debris, even though they would have gotten to clearly see the very replay of what happened, and know it was cheap and wouldn’t hold up. Let’s not mention that.

It’s getting personal now. It really is.

For anyone that knows of Schilling’s comments just before going into the series, there was something strikingly significant about this game. Nobody could know how right Curt was, because the results would take so long to finally show themselves, but, in the end of his performance, he got what he wanted.

Fifty-five-thousand people from New York were silent.

Oh, how I like to write whimsically.

Have a joyous trip back to Boston, lot.

#8 PedroKsBambino

• SoSH Member

• 14164 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:30 AM

...and then Schilling will pitch Game 6, and anything can happen in game seven.

#9 shoebox91

• 465 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:32 AM

We need you big boy. Be the ace you can be.

#10 RedOctober3829

• SoSH Member

• 15804 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:33 AM

dont let us win game 5 because we have schiling in game 6 and anything can happen in game 7

#11 DeltaForce

• 2899 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:34 AM

Okay, I love shit like this. The biggest "must-win" starter in history just started the game thread. And, as fate would have it, he gets to start the game too.

Carmona scares me to death. And yet, I like the Sox' chances.

#12 mrcleanwell

• 716 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:37 AM

I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery gods aren't going to be happy with this.

Take it to Carmona like last weekend and we will be looking at a game 7.

#13 dauber23

• 639 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:44 AM

Time for the Big Lug to come up big.

Why not us again!

#14 LoweSox

• Welches on Fantasy Baseball Dues

• 1680 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:53 AM

One more for me in my postgame bliss.

Since all this talk of I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery--without there actually being any I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery--has gone too far...

Heroic I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery:
NSFW link

Be one, 38.

Edited by Sille Skrub, 19 October 2007 - 06:01 AM.

#15 DeJesus Built My Hotrod

• SoSH Member

• 10027 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:11 AM

One more for me in my postgame bliss.

Since all this talk of I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery--without there actually being any I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery--has gone too far...

Not sure I understand your post. Are you asking the Sox 2007 ALCS game six starter to be a fairly flat-chested and possibly anorexic Eastern European looking broad who poses on some Hawaiian beach?

#16 DieHardSoxFan1

• Smarter than Theo, just ask him

• 2775 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:12 AM

Win.

#17 SanFranSoxFan04

• 135 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:35 AM

A win, and post game thread analysis please.

#18 richard

• 151 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:40 AM

Posted Image

Millar says win.

Edited by richard, 19 October 2007 - 01:41 AM.

#19 Rooster Crows

• 1076 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 03:18 AM

Why not us bitches? Josh may be the new ace, but long live the original big game must win ace - our own G38. This is your game and I can't think of anyone I'd rather have pitching it. KICK ASS CURT!

Oh yea - bring that Millar I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery - and for those of you lucky enough to be at Fenway, show those Cleveland hanky waiving assholes up - MAKE SOME NOISE

#20 E5 Yaz

• Transcends message boarding

• 24711 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 03:22 AM

Are you asking the Sox 2007 ALCS game six starter to be a fairly flat-chested and possibly anorexic Eastern European looking broad who poses on some Hawaiian beach?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't think those looked like 38s

#21 biollante

• SoSH Member

• 7800 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 03:50 AM

Time to bring in another win.

#22 pdaj

• 2333 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 04:43 AM

The good news?

When asked on Sportscenter if last night's game was just "a bump in the road" or "wall" for the Indians, Kruk answered the former.

Whew, thank God. I thought for sure he was going to predict a Sox comeback.

I'm feeling pretty confident right now.

#23 Omar's Wacky Neighbor

• 2672 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:20 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't think those looked like 38s

Oh, OK, those were 38s? No, really? Well, then I didn't get it either.

If some stocky middle-aged video game dweeb playing for a contract is gonna flush protocol right down The Stadium, he dasm well better back it up. Maybe that snot-nosed kid from last night can give him some big-game pointers.

So break out the ketsup, slather that sock up good, and win this one for all us old farts........

#24 staz

• Intangible

• 4561 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:45 AM

Paint the lord, 3-8.

Is it 6:45 am already?

#25 5belongstoGeorge

• Left Coast

• PipPipPip
  • 8013 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:59 AM

What are the chances that Saturday night will be the last time Curt Schilling appears in a Boston Red Sox post season baseball game?

Zero point fucking zero.

#26 Sille Skrub

• 3909 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:02 AM

Go get 'em, Schill.

Do what you do.

#27 Kenny Lofton

• 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:08 AM

I HAVE A BAT FLIP WAITING FOR YOU.
Love,

Kenny

#28 BoSoxLady

• Rules Red Sox Nation with an Iron Fist

• 2932 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:16 AM

It's all on you, ya Big Lug! :rolling:

I have the utmost confidence that you'll execute and get us to Game 7. Tomorrow can't get here fast enough.

Edited by BoSoxLady, 19 October 2007 - 11:32 AM.

#29 Lynchie

• 1711 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:32 AM

Oh yes, IT'S STILL ON!
::Tightens his chin strap::

#30 gcapalbo

• 2026 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:42 AM

Good thing they dried out all those towels in Cleveland by waving them around like that the last couple of games...

... because they're going to be crying towels from now on.

#31 jsinger121

• @jsinger121

• 9972 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:44 AM

Paint some red on your sock along with K ALS.

#32 yecul

• appreciates irony very much

• 14224 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:24 AM

It's hard to expect Carmona to implode again, so that means Schilling has to be strong. Make it happen.

#33 Rooster Crows

• 1076 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:33 AM

It's hard to expect Carmona to implode again, so that means Schilling has to be strong. Make it happen.

Although who would have expected it was Sabathia they won the 2 games against?

#34 Sleepy108

• 177 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:36 AM

Good Luck Curt. Kick some ass.

#35 William Robertson

• 3403 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:36 AM

Go Sox.

#36 HighHeat

• smokes polls

• 3907 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:45 AM

You never know. The kid is extremely talented, but he is still only 23 and pitching in his first postseason. He'll be pitching on the road in a pressure cooker and he may spit the bit again.

That said, Schill needs to be better, and he knows it.

#37 Trautwein's Degree

• a Connecticut bicycle attorney in General Motor's Court

• 9850 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:02 AM

I recall some Carmona implosions last season at Fenway.

#38 AlNipper49

• Huge Member

• 33656 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:08 AM

I'm hoping Farrell still knows what makes this shitty ex-closer a shitty ex-closer.

#39 LynnRoyalRooter

• 614 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:11 AM

No more 0-2 hits. Bounce one up there once in a while or buzz one inside, use all those bullets and get through 6 with everything you can.

Win...On like DCHONG

#40 educatedcheese

• 777 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:14 AM

Posted Image

Why the fuck not us again?

Lead on, Mr. Voxslayer. Lead the fuck on.

#41 Lucen

• ERA=(ER/IP)*9

• 3348 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:22 AM

I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery gods aren't going to be happy with this.

Take it to Carmona like last weekend and we will be looking at a game 7.

Well, he did play a huge role in breaking the Sox tradition of heart wrenching season ending losses. Now he appears to be aiming at taking down game thread tradition. If he comes through, he may liberate SoSH. If he fails, well... he might not be able to show himself around here again.

Here's to victory... and FREEDOM!

#42 JayMags71

• SoSH Member

• 5418 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:22 AM

Hey, Curt, how's 'bout you stop by Tito's office and suggest Coco take the night off.

Thanks in advance.

#43 86spike

• Currently enjoying "Arli$$"

• 21956 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:26 AM

Posted Image

this panda can't get enough of the Joe Torre story.

#44 jacklamabe65

• A New Frontier butt boy

• 5985 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:28 AM

Curt - can you cut yourself shaving your ankle on Staturday night and psyche the Indians out with a bloody sock?

#45 TomRicardo

• rusty cohlebone

• 17707 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:31 AM

No more 0-2 hits. Bounce one up there once in a while or buzz one inside, use all those bullets and get through 6 with everything you can.

Win...On like DCHONG

DChong is dead. I killed him, move on.

#46 RingoOSU

• okie misanthrope

• 13324 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:12 AM

I still don't get this I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery stuff. If the sox lose saturday, this Curt Schilling guy had nothing to do with it.

#47 favreauk

• 1686 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:51 AM

I once posted a naked pic in a game thread for a Schill start. If I'm not mistaken, he requested all Schill threads have Fav I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery. I believe there will be forthcoming pics at some point prior to Saturday. Oh yes, there will.

#48 Nuf Ced

• stupidity monitor

• 9218 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:00 AM

I was at Fenway for Curt's last start. Look what happened.

I'm staying home Saturday night.

This must happen to the Indians:
Posted Image

Edited by Nuf Ced, 19 October 2007 - 10:01 AM.

#49 Buck Showalter

• SoSH Member

• 5002 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:04 AM

I'd pick one of the first right-handed hitters he'll face --- Garko or Peralta --- and throw one up and in. I ain't gettin' beat by one of those immortals......they'd be back on their heels in the box - in no time.

Time to start kicking some sand and establishing 'who's boss'.

#50 NYCSox

• chris hansen of goats

• 6311 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:09 AM

And more offspeed pitches.