Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

October 18th, 2007 - Game 5 - Don't Let Us Win Tonight

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1954 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

• broke his neck in costa rica

• 9552 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:00 PM

"Don't let us win tonight. This is a big game. They've got to win because if we win we've got Pedro coming back today and then Schilling will pitch Game 6 and then you can take that fraud stuff and put it to bed. Don't let the Sox win this game."

So I say to you, Cleveland, don't let them win tonight. They've got Becket coming back today. Then Schilling will pitch Game 6. Anything can happen in Game 7. You can then take that fraud stuff and put it to bed. Don't let the Red Sox win this game.

This is the biggest moment of Josh Beckett's Red Sox career. If he stands strong and wins this game the series moves back to Fenway. The Fenway Faithful won't let you down in Games 6 and 7. Just don't let us down tonight.

There's been a lot of talk about how we shouldn't "expect" a World Series win. About how we should be satisfied with the AL East and happy that the Yankees didn't advanced further than the Sox. I say screw that. This isn't about entitlement. This is about seeing something right there, right in front of you and wanting it. It's about stepping up in big moments and taking something that you desire.

Screw entitlement. No one "deserves" to win. Not the Red Sox. Not the Indians. Just be the better team. Play like the better team. Play like you want it.

Because I know I do. I want it. And I'm not ashamed of that.

No I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery tonight, just a baseball game. And, hopefully, a win.

#2 mandurro

• 993 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:01 PM

Ah, Andrew, great minds think alike! :P

I proclaim this the GT, ignore mine...

#3 Andrew

• 9552 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:06 PM

Thanks mandurro. I appreciate the support. We're in this together, bro.

By the way, the mainboard Game Thread forum is currently made of pure awesome. Check it out.

#4 FoulketoMinky

• 798 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:09 PM

Excellent, the official "Started on the right day and not by a douchebag" Game 5 2007 ALCS game thread.

Posted Image

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,
we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the beaches,
we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
we shall fight in the hills;
we shall never surrender

WIN

#5 dividius

• 802 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:15 PM

I hate to be a curmudgeon, but this isn't 2004.

Every starter after Beckett is suspect.

The bullpen after Paps, Oki, and Timlin is suspect.

The 6-9 hitters are suspect.

I'm not saying they'll lose. I'm not saying there is no chance of them winning 3 straight. But let's be honest: this team's weaknesses are rearing their ugly head at the worst possible time. This is a top heavy team, and if the stars don't produce, this team has no shot.

I hope Beckett, Schill, and Dice-K pitch lights out and Papi, Manny, and Lowell knock the cover off of the ball, and this team goes to the World Series. There is a chance of that happening. But, in my mind, this series is already over.

Call me pessimistic, but I don't like our chances.

#6 Andrew

• 9552 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:24 PM

2004 had a Pythagorean W-L of 96-66.
2007 had a Pythagorean W-L of 101-61.

2004 Red Sox had to win 4 games in a row ending at Yankee Stadium.
2007 Red Sox have to win 3 games in a row with the final 2 at Fenway Park.

I said it before and I'll say it again. If Beckett steps up big they win the Series. Schilling and Matsuzaka of now are certainly capable of matching injured Schilling and Derek Lowe of then.

Beckett can change the momentum. Sometimes all it takes is one person to step up big. It can happen. Believe.

I have Faith that I will not lose until the final out. This is my team and I can honestly say that I love the Boston Red Sox.

#7 yazisgod

• 31 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:25 PM

With a hat tip to ypioca from the 19-8 thread in the Sandbox:

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
[thinks hard]
Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
[runs out, alone; then returns]
Bluto: What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...
Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.
D-Day: Let's do it.
Bluto: LET'S DO IT!

LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 nvalvo

• SoSH Member

• 7695 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:27 PM

Beckett should win his ball game. I fully expect that to happen.

Then, we can return to Fenway, where our offense, you know, hits at all.

#9 Aldogg

• 258 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:32 PM

Man, honestly, its hard not to be down. But you know something, we got the Cy Young winner going tonight. If we win this, shit, we all know what Schilling can do. Game 7, all hands on deck, anything can happen. I don't expect miracles, as we have had one miraculous comeback in my lifetime with this team against greater odds, and, if we can somehow, someway get this series back to Fenway, you know, we could just pull this off.

I just don't want it to be 24 hours from now, me still unable to sleep, knowing all well I just watched the last Red Sox game of 2007.

#10 dividius

• 802 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:33 PM

2004 had a Pythagorean W-L of 96-66.
2007 had a Pythagorean W-L of 101-61.

2004 Red Sox had to win 4 games in a row ending at Yankee Stadium.
2007 Red Sox have to win 3 games in a row with the final 2 at Fenway Park.

I said it before and I'll say it again. If Beckett steps up big they win the Series. Schilling and Matsuzaka of now are certainly capable of matching injured Schilling and Derek Lowe of then.

Beckett can change the momentum. Sometimes all it takes is one person to step up big. It can happen. Believe.

I have Faith that I will not lose until the final out. This is my team and I can honestly say that I love the Boston Red Sox.

Thank you for overriding the overwhelming negativity of my prior post. I'm already mad at myself for posting it. I'm just so damned frustrated right now....

I mean, fuck it. We easily could have swept by now. Game 2 was there for the taking. Game 3, they fucked up a bases loaded, no out situation and ending up losing by 2 runs. Game 4 could have been completely different were it not for Wake stabbing at the ball.

I know this team has weaknesses. I know the bottom of the lineup is a black hole. I know the bottom rungs of the bullpen inspire fear instead of confidence. And I don't care. This team could still win the World Series. As long as there are games left to be played, there is still hope.

Fuck 'em all...all those people who root against the Red Sox just because we have a ginormous fan base...every Yankees fan who wants to see us lose just because we're better than them....every fair-weather Indians fan who ignored their team while they languished in obscurity, only to come back just in time for them to field a quality team....fuck 'em all.

LET'S GO RED SOX!

#11 newhampshaman

• 48 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:34 PM

Posted Image

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas says "Game Fucking On!!!"

Look for a big day from Dustin. He's due.

Edited by newhampshaman, 17 October 2007 - 11:45 PM.

#12 Andrew

• 9552 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:35 PM

Posted Image
Good evening. In less than twenty-four hours, players from the United States will join others from around the world. And they will be playing in the most important game in the history of Lurker Nation.

Lurker Nation -- that term should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps its fate that today is the 18th of October, and they will once again be fighting for our baseball lives, not from New York tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from elimination.

They'll be fighting for their right to play, to compete.

And should they win the day, the 18th of October will no longer be known as a SoSH holiday, but as the day when Red Sox Naton declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to play on!

We're going to win!"

Today, we celebrate our V-C Day!

Posted Image
Speech

Edited by Andrew, 17 October 2007 - 11:37 PM.

#13 asection8

• 1151 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:55 PM

She's a meager 4-3 in Red Sox games and a nice, though insubstantial, 2-0 in Yankee losses. But she's a gritty vet, and we'll need her warm and ready when Schill takes the mound on Saturday.

Don't let the song end, Charlie Horse
Don't let the song end, Shari.

#14 NomarRS05

• 3297 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:58 PM

This is the game. If we get out of Cleveland, it's anyone's series. I, for one, wouldn't take anyone else in baseball to go out there and pitch an elimination game for us other than Josh Beckett.

Posted Image

#15 January

• PipPip
  • 2158 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:01 AM

Thing to do:

If you go to the game, bring a toiletry kit. Then, you can offer to lend it to fans waving towels.

Edited by January, 18 October 2007 - 10:39 AM.

#16 redsoxfan1776

• 77 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:31 AM

WIN!!!

#17 Sprowl

• mikey lowell of the sandbox

• 20644 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:44 AM

Ah, Andrew, great minds think alike! :P

I proclaim this the GT, ignore mine...

Bless you, Andrew and mandurro, for defending the honor of the Sandbox, and for coming up with a real lurker game thread for the most important game of the season!

Excellent, the official "Started on the right day and not by a douchebag" Game 5 2007 ALCS game thread.
Posted Image

Winnie I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery is like no other.

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many innings of struggle and suffering.

You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by pitch, bat and glove. War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us. That is our policy.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs - Victory in spite of all terrors - Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.

To Victory!

#18 rembrat

• SoSH Member

• 23111 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:09 AM

I want to hear Joe Buck and Tim McCarver again for game 6.

#19 WalletTrack

• 509 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:42 AM

Old Ironsides approves this Thread.

Posted Image

On. See ya Saturday.

#20 anakin

• 300 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:52 AM

Posted Image

Just don't give up and do your best.

WIN or lose

I love the Red Sox.

#21 vyrago

• 60 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:02 AM

Then, you can offer to lend to fans waving towels.

Yeah, what is it with those towels. Isn't that a Steelers idea? Can't Cleveland come up with their own stupid rally thingie?

When we get back to Boston, I think we should wave lobsters...well, maybe not.

Just get us back to Boston Beckett. We don't need no stinking rally thingie.

#22 vnut33

• 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:35 AM

one thing that would help cleveland in their quest to "not let us win" tonight would be keeping jacoby ellsbury in his current position: squarely on the bench.

www.startjacoby.com

sign the petition and take a moment to remember what happened the last time we were 1 game from being booted out of the playoffs and put a fast base-runner in.

not only is jacoby fast - and the spark plug our offense needs - he's got heart. at least you won't have to worry about seeing him standing at the plate, watching the third strike go by, bat glued firmly to shoulder.

#23 vnut33

• 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:39 AM

haha - the lobster-waving idea definitely made me laugh right now... hey, let's just be happy cleveland isn't waving monkeys around or thundersticks... anaheim definitely tops the list for bringing the most annoying fan trends to the game of baseball.

#24 patman

• 466 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:17 AM

With a hat tip to ypioca from the 19-8 thread in the Sandbox:

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
[thinks hard]
Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
[runs out, alone; then returns]
Bluto: What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...
Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.
D-Day: Let's do it.
Bluto: LET'S DO IT!

LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ramming speed!!!

Posted Image

#25 ham_sandwich

• 158 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:33 AM

Posted Image

Win.
Make like the pilgrims and infect the indians...
with a loss.

#26 ypioca

• 4220 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:47 AM

Good morning, Lurker Nation.

Bluto I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery needs to be here too.

Nobody here's lying around anymore. Sabathia is a dead man.

I'm stoked. Beckett is the best pitcher who is pitching pitches. Manny is going to roll. Ortiz will destroy C.C. Ellsbury will play.

Posted Image

(In news, it might rain tonight. If it doesn't, it means we will not lose. If it does, it means we will not lose.)

#27 MoGator71

• 4963 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:50 AM

The Red Sox may lose another game in 2007...I hope they lose 2, because we know what that would mean. But not today Sox fans. Not today.

WIN

Edited by MoGator71, 18 October 2007 - 08:51 AM.

#28 dynomite

• 4459 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:05 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

That is all.

#29 ypioca

• 4220 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:06 AM

Posted Image

#30 BigPapiLumber Co.

• 618 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:35 AM

Sabathia ... dead! Hafner ... dead! Niedermyer ... dead.

WIN!

(mostly just posting this to bump it over that other one)

#31 Pork Fried Jim Rice

• 593 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:46 AM

I hate to be a curmudgeon, but this isn't 2004.

Every starter after Beckett is suspect.

Good point in 2004 every starter was suspect, we had 3.90 ERA Pedro, 5.42 ERA Low, Curt Schilling with experimental surgery and a staple in his ankle, and the same suspect Tim Wakefield we have now.

The bullpen after Paps, Oki, and Timlin is suspect.

This is a another good point, because in 2004 after Foulke we had a worse Timlin than this year, Embree, Leskanic, Myers and Ramiro Mendoza.

The 6-9 hitters are suspect.

I guess you can't lead the league in offense every year, sometimes you have to lead the league in pitching.

I'm not saying they'll lose. I'm not saying there is no chance of them winning 3 straight. But let's be honest: this team's weaknesses are rearing their ugly head at the worst possible time. This is a top heavy team, and if the stars don't produce, this team has no shot.

Seeing as all of your comments were based around the series not just this game, you are saying they're going to lose because they're either gonna win three straight or lose, you chose to think it will be the latter.

I hope Beckett, Schill, and Dice-K pitch lights out and Papi, Manny, and Lowell knock the cover off of the ball, and this team goes to the World Series. There is a chance of that happening. But, in my mind, this series is already over.

It's a damn good thing these games aren't played in your mind, I bet we wouldn't have made the 2004 WS.

Call me pessimistic, but I don't like our chances.

You're being pessimistic.

I think the sox have a realistic shot of winning this series. I have little doubt in tonight's game, as I have all the faith in the world in Beckett. Schilling fucked up in game 2 after a fantastic game 3 in Anaheim, I don't see any way he does that again. It wasn't like he was pitching the same way he did vs. Anaheim and Cleveland just hit him, he sucked. I think there's a decent chance they win game 6 too, and once it gets to game 7 anything can happen and both teams go all out.

#32 Cyberlibrarian

• 870 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:56 AM

JUST WIN!!!!

#33 Effa

• 112 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:05 AM

I'm still in a foul (or as Joe C. would say, "fa-wul") mood.
This is due to: notenoughsleep, negativityandcomplacencyfromRSfans, 3losses, keyboardspacebarbroken.

So--keep it simple--no I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery--just WIN!!!

P.S. And in the name of all that is holy: Could the dopes/mods/geeks save us from the scourge that is PN23?
Like herpes or breeding gerbils, it's spreading and is painful & annoying. :gonk:

Edited by Effa, 18 October 2007 - 10:07 AM.

#34 Section12

• 17 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:09 AM

Thank you for overriding the overwhelming negativity of my prior post. I'm already mad at myself for posting it. I'm just so damned frustrated right now....

I mean, fuck it. We easily could have swept by now. Game 2 was there for the taking. Game 3, they fucked up a bases loaded, no out situation and ending up losing by 2 runs. Game 4 could have been completely different were it not for Wake stabbing at the ball.

I know this team has weaknesses. I know the bottom of the lineup is a black hole. I know the bottom rungs of the bullpen inspire fear instead of confidence. And I don't care. This team could still win the World Series. As long as there are games left to be played, there is still hope.

Fuck 'em all...all those people who root against the Red Sox just because we have a ginormous fan base...every Yankees fan who wants to see us lose just because we're better than them....every fair-weather Indians fan who ignored their team while they languished in obscurity, only to come back just in time for them to field a quality team....fuck 'em all.

LET'S GO RED SOX!

I totally agree. And while we're listing people we want to send down into the nethermost depths of hell? Let's add the mediots who've already written off the Red Sox and are smirking in delight at the prospect of Red Sox fans returning to misery. Regardless of what happens tonight, we're not going away, we're not going to slip back into the role of perennial also-ran. We'll be back next year, and the year after that and the year after that. They want to hate the Red Sox and their fans? Let's give 'em something to cry about.

#35 Scippycup

• 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:34 AM

Posted Image

"Help us Josh Beckett, You're our only hope."

WIN

#36 Sprowl

• mikey lowell of the sandbox

• 20644 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:50 AM

P.S. And in the name of all that is holy: Could the dopes/mods/geeks save us from the scourge that is PN23?
Like herpes or breeding gerbils, it's spreading and is painful & annoying. :gonk:

It sure is annoying, and no, I don't think the dopes are willing to take the necessary steps. We lurkers need to defend ourselves. Here's a suggestion for procedure.

1) if any lurker has not yet Ignored PN23, please do it now. If you don't wish to Ignore him, that's fine (one man's buzzkill is another man's harmless amusement is another man's swarm of biting Ontario black flies), but please don't quote him or respond on the board.

2) anyone who is in doubt about whether a Mass Ignore of PN23 is justified, consider the needling of last night's game, the pathetic 3-hours-early attempt at today's game thread, and then re-read the last few pages of Perdu blows it (again) in Toronto 9/18.

3) if anyone quotes the troll in this thread, let's mount a single, but concerted, response of Don't-Feed-the-Troll!

4) if anyone quotes the troll a second time, multiple lurkers should PM the misguided quoter, asking courteously -- but with fervor -- that any further exchanges with PN23 be kept to PM, and not be inflicted on the board. If the quoter's PM Box fills up, post to the board saying "___, your PM box is full. Please delete some messages."

5) if the quoter continues to inflict PN23 on the board, I recommend a one-game Ignore of that poster.

Is this harsh? Possibly, but I think PN23 has made it his petty mission in life to harrass and discourage Red Sox fans and set us to fighting among ourselves. Life's too short for that, and the company of lurker comrades is too good to let that happen.

#37 Bellhorn

• Lumiere

• 2000 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:25 AM

It sure is annoying, and no, I don't think the dopes are willing to take the necessary steps. We lurkers need to defend ourselves. Here's a suggestion for procedure.

1) if any lurker has not yet Ignored PN23, please do it now. If you don't wish to Ignore him, that's fine (one man's buzzkill is another man's harmless amusement is another man's swarm of biting Ontario black flies), but please don't quote him or respond on the board.

2) anyone who is in doubt about whether a Mass Ignore of PN23 is justified, consider the needling of last night's game, the pathetic 3-hours-early attempt at today's game thread, and then re-read the last few pages of Perdu blows it (again) in Toronto 9/18.

3) if anyone quotes the troll in this thread, let's mount a single, but concerted, response of Don't-Feed-the-Troll!

4) if anyone quotes the troll a second time, multiple lurkers should PM the misguided quoter, asking courteously -- but with fervor -- that any further exchanges with PN23 be kept to PM, and not be inflicted on the board. If the quoter's PM Box fills up, post to the board saying "___, your PM box is full. Please delete some messages."

5) if the quoter continues to inflict PN23 on the board, I recommend a one-game Ignore of that poster.
Is this harsh? Possibly, but I think PN23 has made it his petty mission in life to harrass and discourage Red Sox fans and set us to fighting among ourselves. Life's too short for that, and the company of lurker comrades is too good to let that happen.

Wow....you've thought this through in quite a lot of detail. This plan has my wholehearted endorsement.

WIN today! I'll be joining after 10 pm again, and I expect to be seeing jubilant posts when I forward to page 40 or so!

#38 mandurro

• 993 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:51 AM

From ESPN.com...

Teams have been known to go to extraordinary lengths to get an edge. But the Cleveland Indians swear Thursday night's choice of pre-game singer is not a piece of gamesmanship.

Danielle Peck, a country music singer who also happened to date Red Sox ace pitcher Josh Beckett, will sing the national anthem and "God Bless America" at tonight's Game 5 in Cleveland. Beckett is scheduled to start the game for Boston.

#39 Phil Nevin 23

• DFA

• PipPip
  • 1461 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:07 PM

You're far too obsessed with me.

#40 SkyHawk92

• 116 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:13 PM

The Sox are 3-0 when I post on the game thread. Let's go Sox! To borrow from Kevin Millar right before game 4 of the '04 ALCS, "We get them right where we want them, then POW! Sox Nation takes over!"

#41 Barbara

• 3128 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:17 PM

Ommmm Ommmm

'Don't let us win tonight. Don't let us win tonight. Don't let us win tonight. Don't let us win tonight. Don't let us win tonight. '

To V i c t o r y !!

Edited by Barbara, 18 October 2007 - 12:19 PM.

#42 hittery

• 4393 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:26 PM

I merely have this to say right now:

Posted Image

See y'all later.

#43 Rudi Fingers

• 1157 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:30 PM

Get ready for another midnight posting, Andrew.

Beckett and Papelbon are ready, and the bats will wake up against CC.

WIN!

Edited by Rudi Fingers, 18 October 2007 - 12:30 PM.

#44 Dusty Petra

• 153 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:38 PM

Wow....you've thought this through in quite a lot of detail. This plan has my wholehearted endorsement.

WIN today! I'll be joining after 10 pm again, and I expect to be seeing jubilant posts when I forward to page 40 or so!

Mine too. The rest of the season is too short to let our threads get hijacked by a troll.

To extend the season, to tomorrow and all the way to November, it's time to try it again:

WINergy!!!

Edited by DustyPetra, 18 October 2007 - 12:45 PM.

#45 hittery

• 4393 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:39 PM

In the interests of corniness, optimism, faith and love, I am posting the 2007 version of a song I wrote after Game 4 of the ALCS in 2004.

(sung to the tune of the Mary Tyler Moore Show theme song)

Who can turn the world on with his smile?
Who take a 1-3 hole, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well, it's Papi and we all know it
With each swing and every walkoff homer, he show us:

We're still in this thing and don't forget it!
We can win three more and beat the Indians!
We're gonna win this after all!
We're gonna win this after all!

It was prescient then, it is prescient now. WIN.

Edited by hittery, 18 October 2007 - 12:39 PM.

#46 MakeMineMoxie

• 188 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:58 PM

More Churchill I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery. Josh will Tommy-gun the Tribe hitters. They'll be spreading Diamond Dust at the plate to soak up the blood.

Posted Image

#47 doc

• 2611 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:09 PM

General George Crook

Posted Image

General George Crook (1828-1890) - General Sherman said the greatest Indian fighter of them all was General Crook.

#48 patman

• 466 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:09 PM

I merely have this to say right now:

Posted Image

See y'all later.

Awesome. Posted Image

Where's his partner in cupcake ass-kicking dispensing

#49 ypioca

• 4220 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:25 PM

Posted Image

Killer Cupcake I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery returns!

EDIT: Only now do I really see the amount of craftsmanship that Hittery put into the cupcake. Well done with the nuances.

Edited by ypioca, 18 October 2007 - 01:26 PM.

#50 JodyReedFan

• 320 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:26 PM

Win for Douglas Anthony Mirabelli, born this day, 1970!

Posted Image