* His third postseason shutout at the age of 27.
* Retired 19 straight hitters after the leadoff single to Figgins.
* Five batters put the ball in play on the first pitch. Five more did so on the second pitch.
* Of the remaining 21 hitters, Josh got ahead 0-2 on 9 of them.
* Threw first-pitch balls to just 6 hitters. Only one, Maicer Izturis in the 2nd, had a 2-0 count.
* Threw only 7 pitches in the 9th inning.
* Figgins (1st) and Izturis (5th) where the only batters to see 3 balls in a plate appearance.
* In all, he threw 83 strikes and only 25 balls.
Edited by mabrowndog, 03 October 2007 - 09:33 PM.